The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Police to review evidence collected from apt 5a - Page 5 Mm11

Police to review evidence collected from apt 5a - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Police to review evidence collected from apt 5a - Page 5 Mm11

Police to review evidence collected from apt 5a - Page 5 Regist10

Police to review evidence collected from apt 5a

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Police to review evidence collected from apt 5a - Page 5 Empty Re: Police to review evidence collected from apt 5a

Post by Guest 14.10.14 21:49

Hicks wrote:
WMD wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:Isn't this extremely encouraging..

They are going back to basics. Back to DNA in Apartment 5A. Must be sending a shiver up the spine of a few people. What is more they are making it quite clear that the media reports this.

How can this be bad news for anyone seeking the truth. I am buoyed.
I'm with HelenMeg on this,I've said elsewhere I think they have been working backwards to get to where they are now,the OG brief was to treat it as if an abduction happened in the UK,what if they have done and have uncovered absolutely nothing that leads to an abduction,what are they left with? the possibility/probability that the PJ are right!.

What is left is the forensics,the dog alerts,have the PJ kept other pieces?

Do TM have an inkling of what is happening,is this why the Summers and Swan book was released,this outing of Brenda was it all to say look we are the poor put upon

All IMO of course.
I don't get it. Redwood (and his 35 strong team) have had three years, and god knows how many millions, to consider all the forensics that were already there, in place, forensics that scream -No abduction, yet all ignored.

Why now? Why acknowledge it all now?

Too much time has elapsed, too many ridiculous theories put out for me to have any faith in OG.

It's happening now, in my opinion, because the PJ, under the direction of the new prosecutor, have themselves gone back to basics. They have decided to re-analyse the samples (thank God some remained - plus the hair?). Not the Brits.

Once the UK realised this, they jetted over to Faro as fast as their gaseous emissions would propel them. Now, more that ever before (and how they've tried), it is imperative they gain access to the Portuguese investigation.

All my own thoughts and speculation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Police to review evidence collected from apt 5a - Page 5 Empty Re: Police to review evidence collected from apt 5a

Post by Guest 14.10.14 21:49

Hicks wrote:
WMD wrote:

They are going back to basics. Back to DNA in Apartment 5A. Must be sending a shiver up the spine of a few people. What is more they are making it quite clear that the media reports this.

I'm with HelenMeg on this,I've said elsewhere I think they have been working backwards to get to where they are now,the OG brief was to treat it as if an abduction happened in the UK,what if they have done and have uncovered absolutely nothing that leads to an abduction,what are they left with? the possibility/probability that the PJ are right!.

Do TM have an inkling of what is happening,is this why the Summers and Swan book was released,this outing of Brenda was it all to say look we are the poor put upon

All IMO of course.
I don't get it. Redwood (and his 35 strong team) have had three years, and god knows how many millions, to consider all the forensics that were already there, in place, forensics that scream -No abduction, yet all ignored.

Too much time has elapsed, too many ridiculous theories put out for me to have any faith in OG.
I can understand why you think so,part of me does, maybe in their searches of the wasteland something was found and it just wants verifying with what the PJ hold.

The three aguidos may have they some info which ties in with it.

IMO.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 14.10.14 22:06

IMO it could be what was said earlier. DNA science has advanced a little further and new tests are available.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 14.10.14 22:08

Call me old fashioned,but shouldn't forensics have been the first or 2nd thing checked at the start of this 3 years ago?
notlongnow

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.10.14 22:19

notlongnow wrote:Call me old fashioned,but shouldn't forensics have been the first or 2nd thing checked at the start of this 3 years ago?

Only if you wanted to actually solve the case?

Wonder what those ludicrous Portuguese will do next? Ask to re-interview the Tapas?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff 14.10.14 22:20

aquila wrote:
Dont Make Me Laff wrote:bumping
because we need to take this seriously and maybe we should all take stock

I am certain I speak for everyone on this site when I say
NO offence is meant to any member when the need to laugh is emitted

And certainly no REAL offence is directed to those who TRUELY want to discover THE TRUTH behind missing Madeleine Beth McCann

Sometimes we just need to have a bit of a giggle at those who PRETEND to be concerned.

Sorry if I offend anyone with my commets
That's a lovely sentiment but please don't ever speak for me - and given your scathing remarks to me last night - which thankfully Admin removed - I think it best you don't take the liberty of speaking for everyone on the forum.

There is no malice in what I'm saying. I simply don't want you to speak for me.

thanks and all that jazz.
I am sorry that you feel the need to apologise in the disguise of a tin can Aquila - Ever since I joined this forum you have displayed a haughty attitude to any remark I make which involves you...

You don't know me and I am not making my remarks ref the forum PERSONAL to you
Dont Make Me Laff
Dont Make Me Laff

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 14.10.14 22:21

Dee Coy wrote:
Hicks wrote:
WMD wrote:

All IMO of course.

It's happening now, in my opinion, because the PJ, under the direction of the new prosecutor, have themselves gone back to basics. They have decided to re-analyse the samples (thank God some remained - plus the hair?). Not the Brits.

Once the UK realised this, they jetted over to Faro as fast as their gaseous emissions would propel them. Now, more that ever before (and how they've tried), it is imperative they gain access to the Portuguese investigation.

All my own thoughts and speculation.
 Quite possibly you are correct. I guess we will just have to wait and see what transpires.

Imo there was/is still some kind of a political undercurrent in all this.  Maybe in the last few years the direction of the investigation depended on the say so of some political entity. Loyalties change over time. I suspect the McCann's will know that for sure one day.

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff 14.10.14 22:39

I recall I was having a little joke on Saturday evening at the expense of someone who's been booted out because she was a disruptor and you became quite grumpy!

Ladyinred

Police to review evidence collected from apt 5a - Page 5 Icon_user_profile Police to review evidence collected from apt 5a - Page 5 Icon_contact_pm

LIR
 Are you suggesting that a member has been BOOTED off this site because  I  became "grumpy"?
Dont Make Me Laff
Dont Make Me Laff

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 14.10.14 22:48

http://news.sky.com/gallery/1353082/wednesdays-newspaper-front-pages

Click through the gallery and you will see a few references to the police in Portugal
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving Mom 15.10.14 0:46

Jamming wrote:
BlueBag wrote:How did abductor not leave fingerprints on the window?

Because he stole some of those surgical gloves that were laying around, you know, the ones we all take in abundance on our holidays...
You mean the filthy dirty gloves in the bedside table drawer? Erm, doesn't everyone have a pair of filthy gloves lying around to, erm, use for rem  _______?  I loved to hear, what the owner of those filthy gloves  ave as an explanation of what they were used for. The gloves looked to be the disposal kind intended for one use and then thrown away (for sanitary reasons) but it seems like everything else related to this case that there is no reasonable explanation. Does anyone know if anyone was questioned regarding the gloves?
Loving Mom

Activity : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving Mom 15.10.14 1:00

MRNOODLES wrote:IMO it could be what was said earlier.  DNA science has advanced a little further and new tests are available.
Does anyone else find MRNOODLES's animated hen entirely annoying and distracting?
Loving Mom

Activity : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 15.10.14 7:25

There seems to be an awful lot of bickering on this thread. Could we, perhaps, stay on topic?
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC 15.10.14 7:26

Loving Mom wrote:
Does anyone else find MRNOODLES's animated hen entirely annoying and distracting?

No, I like it!
MrsC
MrsC

Activity : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by unchained melody 15.10.14 7:46

If all the crap was removed from this topic it would take about five minutes to read
unchained melody

Activity : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 15.10.14 8:21

unchained melody wrote:If all the crap was removed from this topic it would take about five minutes to read
The same might be said about the entire investigation !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16596

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.10.14 8:39

Lance De Boils wrote:There seems to be an awful lot of bickering on this thread. Could we, perhaps, stay on topic?

'Course!

In the past, when something was afoot in PTL/PJ, AR/SY hotfooted to the lovely Algarve (1)

In the past, when something was afoot regarding the PJ investigation, TM sought the limelight (2)

Would it be a coincidence that now, after a couple of months without (1) plus (2). all of a sudden a rash of public appearances appears to be breaking out, right after, or accompanied by the S&S fiasco?

Could it be, just could it be, that tje PJ is onto something and that the new prosecutor will be as true as her public promises tot get to the bottom of the pit matter?

Look over there, don't look over here!

A nice day to all

PS: If my toddler daughter had been missing for seven years, guess what I'd be spending other peoples my money on?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 15.10.14 8:44

Portia wrote:
In the past, when something was afoot in PTL/PJ, AR/SY hotfooted to the lovely Algarve (1)
In the past, when something was afoot regarding the PJ investigation, TM sought the limelight (2)
Would it be a coincidence that now, after a couple of months without (1) plus (2). all of a sudden a rash of public appearances appears to be breaking out, right after, or accompanied by the S&S fiasco?
Could it be, just could it be, that tje PJ is onto something and that the new prosecutor will be as true as her public promises tot get to the bottom of the pit matter?
Look over there, don't look over here!

The other things that happen each time are
New suspect - Check. (Old Bloke from Gozo, who was in New Zealand in 2007 - but its better than nothing)
New sighting - wait for it, Pinkie is working on that for the weekend !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16596

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.10.14 8:56

Portia wrote:
PS: If my toddler daughter had been missing for seven years, guess what I'd be spending other peoples my money on?
I would answer any goddam question put to me without hesitation.

I'd do anything to find my child.

If people were still suspicious I'll invite people to come and talk to me out in public forums to get the search focused where it should be so there could be no excuses.

I'd set up a website and invite questions and promise to answer all of them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 15.10.14 9:01

If people were still suspicious I would offer to do a lie detector test  on Kyle's or wee Kelly's sofa.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog 15.10.14 9:37

BlueBag wrote:
Portia wrote:
I would answer any goddam question put to me without hesitation.

I'd do anything to find my child.

If people were still suspicious I'll invite people to come and talk to me out in public forums to get the search focused where it should be so there could be no excuses.

I'd set up a website and invite questions and promise to answer all of them.
All so so true!

Snifferdog

Activity : 1039

Back to top Go down

Post by palm tree 15.10.14 9:43

I'd be devastated if a lot of people thought I was part of it, but then again, I'd have answered EVERY question put to me by police who were doing their best to find my child, I would not hinder the investigation, as km did.
IMO

Activity : 368

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 15.10.14 10:34

It's interesting to note that "part of vestiges" was given to Portuguese Lab for analysis.   That begs the question were there other parts and what was done with those?

Which part of what was given to Portuguese Lab? And which part of what was done in UK, if at all?
What is fascinating is that Redwood actually gave it to the Portuguese Lab instead of taking it home.  Can only assume it might have been a condition stipulated by Portuguese Public Prosecutor when granting the search.

The shoddy reporting is very misleading.
We were given two versions --  OG reviewing historic forensics in 5A; at the same time sitting down with Portuguese forensic experts to discuss the report of the analysis done on the vestiges obtained from the recent dig.
I don't know what to make of it, unless both are not mutually exclusive and to be studied in conjunction. Because given the length of time OG had been on the case one would think the forensic in 5A had been mulled over long before now.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 15.10.14 10:53

Update report posted by Joana Morais with Jornal de Noticias article from today:

Maddie Case, English Police to meet with Portugues Forensic Experts

by Marisa Rodrigues

Scotland Yard (SY) wants to know whether the samples collected in the apartment from where Madeleine McCann disappeared seven years ago may be subject to further forensic tests. This is one of the questions the English detectives will ask to the forensic experts in a meeting, today, at the Portuguese National Institute of Forensic Medicine (INML) in Coimbra.

In the meeting, scheduled for 10am, the English police will also receive the results of the analyses done by INML to the material [see] that was found during the searches and excavations in the terrains of Praia da Luz, last June. Like JN reported at the time, part of the material was sent to the INML and another part to the Forensic Science Laboratory of the Judiciary Police (PJ). The meeting in Coimbra will also be attended by the coordinator of the South Directorship of the PJ, Luís Mota Carmo besides the English detectives and the technicians of the Forensic Sciences institute.

Luís Mota Carmo received yesterday in Faro Andy Redwood's team for another routine meeting to assess Scotland yard's investigation progress, that was started in 2011, four years after the child's disappearance. In the meeting it was also addressed the next steps the English detectives intend to take, which are still awaiting for the Public Ministry's green light.

JN was able to establish the Judiciary Police has not yet received from the Public Ministry the fifth letter rogatory, in which Scotland Yard requests for at least seven people considered of interest to the investigation to be questioned, including some of the four arguidos [formal suspects], and that searches are done to the suspects' homes.

in Jornal de Notícias, 15 Oct. 2014, paper edition

There are also two news videos at the bottom of the article which Joana will transcribe at some time.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2014/10/maddie-case-english-police-to-meet-with.html

Thank you Joana.
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 15.10.14 10:59

Scotland Yard (SY) wants to know whether the samples collected in the apartment from where Madeleine McCann disappeared seven years ago may be subject to further forensic tests.

I thought the samples were given to Birmingham lab and later destroyed after the testing?
What samples were still retained or returned to the Portuguese ?
I wonder whether they are referring to the "hair" that PJ still had in their possession, that which Dr. Amaral referred to.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.10.14 11:15

aiyoyo wrote:
Scotland Yard (SY) wants to know whether the samples collected in the apartment from where Madeleine McCann disappeared seven years ago may be subject to further forensic tests.

I thought the samples were given to Birmingham lab and later destroyed after the testing?
What samples were still retained or returned to the Portuguese ?
I wonder whether they are referring to the "hair" that PJ still had in their possession, that which Dr. Amaral referred to.

The hair was found in the car wasn't it? My guess - and hope - is that only part of the original samples were sent to the UK for destr analysis,  and the rest was retained, after all, in Portugal.

SY want to know if the samples are to be retested. Looks to me like 'British forensic experts' aren't going to be examining anything at all. Looks to me like the Portuguese are and SY is panicking. All in my opinion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top