The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 19 Mm11

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 19 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 19 Mm11

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 19 Regist10

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 19 Empty Re: Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Post by Lance De Boils 05.10.14 20:20

Did 'Sweepyface' have her picture on her Twitter account?
Did she use her real name at any point?
Did she have a link to her fb account?
Did she reveal her email address?
Did she post personal details?
Did she Tweet photos from her daily/family life?
Did her profile include her home town?

Does anyone know the answer to these questions, seriously?

If the answer to all of the above is 'no', then I don't understand how someone can get from just the name 'Sweepyface' to a real name and address?
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 19 Empty Re: Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Post by Guest 05.10.14 20:22

stillsloppingout wrote: Once the alias real identity was known , by the pro's it would have been posted online 
Well it wasn't.

I checked internet references to "sweepyface" and "Leyland".

It never happened before Brunt doorstepped her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.10.14 20:23

Lance De Boils wrote:Did 'Sweepyface' have her picture on her Twitter account?

If the answer to all of the above is 'no', then I don't understand how someone can get from just the name 'Sweepyface' to a real name and address?

My point exactly. Thanks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TellTheTruth 05.10.14 20:28

Started reading the Editorial Guidelines PDF from the bottom of the Sky News page. There are pages of them.

I don' t know how to link it here.

I wonder how many of them they have broken.

I' m really knocked back by this news.  sad1
TellTheTruth

Activity : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.10.14 20:30

TellTheTruth wrote:Started reading the Editorial Guidelines PDF from the bottom of the Sky News page. There are pages of them.

I don' t know how to link it here.

I wonder how many of them they have broken.

I' m really knocked back by this news.  sad1
This one.

http://feeds.skynews.com/sky-news/doc/EditorialGuidelinesFV.pdf
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 05.10.14 20:31

Probably posted already but -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2781377/BREAKING-NEWS-Internet-troll-targeted-McCanns-dead-hotel-room-days-fleeing-home.html#comments

Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by TellTheTruth 05.10.14 20:32

Yes, thank you WMD.
TellTheTruth

Activity : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Naz_Nomad 05.10.14 20:32

Rose Quartz wrote:
TellTheTruth wrote:The Mail are taking comments.

Poor, poor lady.  sad1

Comments for this article are being moderated. Needless to say, mine did not get through....

Having read some of the comments (I can't seem to activate the "view all" button) I see Daily Mail readers are still full of the milk of human kindness.

Activity : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.10.14 20:32

Just logged-in after a few days and I am shocked and upset at this terrible news.  I can hardly believe what I'm reading.  Sky News, Martin Brunt, McCanns and their supporters you are responsible for this appalling turn of events and you should be held to account.  My thoughts are with this lady's family and friends. 

My opinion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 05.10.14 20:42

Has Brunt commented yet? - or is he in hiding?

Brunt's role in the McCann case has not been a glorious one, has it? Going from being a retailer of inaccurate gossip in the early days when he thought the McCanns were in the frame, then becoming spitefully anti-Amaral and finally engaging in a troll hunt that ends in an unnecessary fatality.
Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 05.10.14 20:42

So reporting a womans opinion all day Thursday is more important than reporting anything of her death?
British media sets a new benchmark in the word gutter.
notlongnow

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 05.10.14 20:43

margaret wrote:
tiny wrote:
margaret wrote:
Brian Griffin wrote:
Here too!

Brenda, you did nothing wrong!

RIP

She did do something wrong, she went too far with the 'i'll supply the matches tweet', tweets like that do nothing for us on the side of justice, rather it tars us all.  She was right to voice her opinion but not in the way she did with some tweets.

That said of course she didn't deserve the media storm this week.

RIP Brenda
Margaret,did you see this post yourself? from sweepyface

No. Didnt she didn't tweet 'i'll supply the matches' ?

Even if she did type that it's still not a threat and i don't see it as illegal.

If someone actually said 'i'm going to burn the McCanns and kill them' fair enough, investigate it but i don't see expressing contempt or wishing people dead is a crime or threat! In bad taste maybe but just words.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by tiredofthebs 05.10.14 20:50

So far, I have resisted joining twitter like the rest of the moronic lemmings, but this turn of events today actually makes me want to join and sat exactly what I think of the McCanns.

Activity : 215

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 05.10.14 20:50

The word must have gone out to protect Brunt...

The Guardian doesn't even mention his name! They just refer to a "TV news reporter".

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/oct/05/body-found-brenda-leyland-madeleine-mccann-trolling-claims
Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid 05.10.14 20:52

BlueBag wrote:

Just logged in and my jaw has hit floor!!

I think its possible to track a person from the details they hold on Twitter or if really desperate their email / IP address. But I assume only the police would be able to access that info...no one else. Either way it appears her personal details were accessed and handed over to Sky illegally.

Job well done British media...you never learn.

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency
SixMillionQuid
SixMillionQuid

Activity : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by jowie 05.10.14 20:52

And still nothing from Sky news or Mr Brunt!   Shame on you.   Such a very very sad day.
jowie

Activity : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by tiredofthebs 05.10.14 20:53

Okeydokey wrote:The word must have gone out to protect Brunt...

The Guardian doesn't even mention his name! They just refer to a "TV news reporter".

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/oct/05/body-found-brenda-leyland-madeleine-mccann-trolling-claims

Why would non-Murdoch papers protect brunt? Guardian and BBC should be hanging sky out to dry.

Activity : 215

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 05.10.14 20:54

Telegraph does much better - naming Brunt and indicating the news report had been the subject of criticism.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/11142421/Twitter-troll-who-abused-Madeleine-McCanns-parents-found-dead.html
Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by frost 05.10.14 20:58

Okeydokey wrote:The word must have gone out to protect Brunt...

I expect he is already miles away from home under police protection .

The amount of tweets being directed at him and sky news just about says it all .

Sky still have not reported on this and ive no idea how they will when they do .

there are a lot of angry people out there right now and with good reason  .

I wonder if the Mccanns have also been whisked away too ?  A lot are very angry with Gerry for the comments he has made this week too .

The fallout from this is massive .
frost

Activity : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop 05.10.14 20:59

This news is so disgraceful. I hope Martin Brunt is proud of himself. 

This could have been anyone, the majority of the country question the McCanns version of events.
loopzdaloop
loopzdaloop

Activity : 481

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 05.10.14 21:01

What an extraordinary story. Why was this person singled out by Martin Brunt? The whole episode has been disgusting. 

What did she know? Why was so such a threat? I note she lives(or did live)  in Leicestershire.

Just logged-in after a few days and I am shocked and upset at this terrible news.  I can hardly believe what I'm reading.  Sky News, Martin Brunt, McCanns and their supporters you are responsible for this appalling turn of events and you should be held to account.  My thoughts are with this lady's family and friends. 

My opinion.

Yes, ladyinred, I share your opinion. How many terrible cases do you read of where people are seriously 'bullied' and end up taking their lives. It if only long after the event that there is any acknowledgement that they had been threatened/goaded etc.

It is out in the open for all to see that a British journalist working for Sky, Martin Brunt, aggressively tracked down and ambushed this woman in a threatening manner and it was recorded on national television. 

If it was felt that this person's use of the internet/use of social media was breaking the law, that is a matter for the police to investigate. Where is the police investigation into this person's activities on line. What was the charge? When was the trial?

The media report on the outcome of any proceedings. It is not their role to track down people who are innocent (until proved guilty) ambush them, behave in a threatening manner etc. And record this on national television.

What the HELL is going on?? There must be more to this than meets the eye.........(and Brunt's reporting of this case seems to have swung dramatically from one position to another).

This is all sheer madness.

In my opinion.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 05.10.14 21:02

Here are a few of Sweepyface's last tweets. Are these tweets of a "troll"?:

Mon Sep 29 21:17:55 +0000 2014|#mccann Remember Mod, when Hutton was getting abused and you were asked to moderate ? never said " careful people will get hurt " then

|Mon Sep 29 21:08:22 +0000 2014|#mccann @skymartinbrunt Martin, any thoughts on the connection between Amy Tierney, the witness and Basil ? how does that work ?

Mon Sep 29 21:02:14 +0000 2014|#mccann Just noticed @skymartinbrunt is following me, why Martin won't you investigate some of these facts and show neutrality ?

Mon Sep 29 20:53:51 +0000 2014|#mccann Mod says " Stop, people will get hurt " He never ONCE said that when Shills were busy threatening, outing and stalking others

Mon Sep 29 20:29:03 +0000 2014|#mccann Block function is used against Shills, however this Tierney business has huge relevance to the investigation

Mon Sep 29 20:27:10 +0000 2014|#mccann As Matthew said, many of us know, names addresses and work places of some Shills, NEVER used them as it is beneath contempt

Mon Sep 29 20:25:37 +0000 2014|@CissyB1503 @basilandmanuel @Jayelles1 #mccann Despicable, they have tried ( and failed ) to destroy many here, no words to describe them

Mon Sep 29 20:05:01 +0000 2014|Amy Tierney 1) Has more of a relationship with #mccann s than witness should, appears 2 have been rewarded for testimony , tweets@work

Mon Sep 29 19:59:20 +0000 2014|#mccann It is very serious if Amy Tierney has been indirectly working for a tweeting about this ongoing case, VERY serious

Mon Sep 29 16:32:12 +0000 2014|@RothleyPillow #mccann I am not suffering, the stalking and threats have been most useful for me, cannot thank the perps enough

Mon Sep 29 15:52:49 +0000 2014|#mccann FFS, please let this carnage stop, this is so unnecessary , 2 good brains, both at loggerheads ? why ?

Mon Sep 29 15:38:23 +0000 2014|@anotherviv @xklamation #mccann I agree, all we are bound together in, is to find justice for Madeleine, not to mud sling
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 05.10.14 21:02

SixMillionQuid wrote:
BlueBag wrote:

Just logged in and my jaw has hit floor!!

I think its possible to track a person from the details they hold on Twitter or if really desperate their email / IP address. But I assume only the police would be able to access that info...no one else. Either way it appears her personal details were accessed and handed over to Sky illegally.

Job well done British media...you never learn.
hadn't people on the stoptyemyths forum identified her?    I would have thought people could maybe work these things out by looking at who a poster is friends with or connected to and then googling those people and cross referencing on different social media sites. All Brunt would have to do is watch the posters that identified her and then look up her address on 192 or a similar website, then watch the house to see if it was the correct person.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 05.10.14 21:03

ChippyM wrote:
margaret wrote:
tiny wrote:
margaret wrote:
Brian Griffin wrote:
Here too!

Brenda, you did nothing wrong!

RIP

She did do something wrong, she went too far with the 'i'll supply the matches tweet', tweets like that do nothing for us on the side of justice, rather it tars us all.  She was right to voice her opinion but not in the way she did with some tweets.

That said of course she didn't deserve the media storm this week.

RIP Brenda
Margaret,did you see this post yourself? from sweepyface

No. Didnt she didn't tweet 'i'll supply the matches' ?

Even if she did type that it's still not a threat and i don't see it as illegal.

If someone actually said 'i'm going to burn the McCanns and kill them' fair enough, investigate it but i don't see expressing contempt or wishing people dead is a crime or threat! In bad taste maybe but just words.

No but we're not dealing with rational people here it's the Mccanns who've got loads of money to spin and bully. If some tweets had never been aired then Brenda wouldn't have been hounded and would be alive. That goes for other tweeters involved who the media bought in alongside.

We are the ones in the right fighting for Maddie, but all that is forgotten because of a few crass sayings. It's interesting though that there is far worse said on twitter by BOTH sides of this case yet Brenda was targeted,why.... I think possibly a few people were looked at and Brenda was selected simply because she was respectable and lived in a lovely place and didn't fit with people's perspectives on 'trolls'

Brenda was the victim this week and she's been hounded to death. Worse than whatever has happened to the Mccanns.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 19 Empty Brenda RIP

Post by Geowoo 05.10.14 21:07

Ladyinred wrote:Just logged-in after a few days and I am shocked and upset at this terrible news.  I can hardly believe what I'm reading.  Sky News, Martin Brunt, McCanns and their supporters you are responsible for this appalling turn of events and you should be held to account.  My thoughts are with this lady's family and friends. 

My opinion.
This is a disgusting turn of events. I have followed avidly the whole scenario of this since the day it happened... When passionate and well meaning people are reasonably questioning these parents and after many years of seeing their shenanigans and vexatious reaction.. It is reasonable for a thinking public to say their piece!
Brenda vented a bit but there was a trickery about it. Some toxic posts were adacted but assumed to be hers.She was exposed but the worst were not... This Lady is now dead and Martin Brunt came to call and doorstep her...she was herself threatened because of this. This is evil.
Geowoo

Activity : 53

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top