The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 29 Mm11

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 29 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 29 Mm11

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 29 Regist10

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 29 Empty Re: Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Post by stillsloppingout 06.10.14 11:47

The Mail are re taking posts re this case . just seven at the moment . and they are today less sympathetic . get in whilst you can . as the Mods will be back after lunch .

TIP REPLY TO POSTS RATHER THAN START NEW ONES . they stay on longer i find .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 29 Empty Re: Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Post by thetruthbeknown 06.10.14 11:48

So upset to hear the news, so very tragic and unnecessary. I have always hated 'expose' type of journalism, especially when the circumstances surrounding it are not fully represented, or are just completely unjustified. I stand in hope that this will bring the whole of this kind of doorstepping into debate. If the police thought there was any kind of crime committed, or a factual basis to the accusations then it was for them to act, not some jumped up doorstep journalist. Although I think in the forthcoming days we will be subject to stories and headlines like 'trolls ruined my life' etc etc, to counteract the growing concern of the unjustifiable 'outing' by Sky of Brenda. There has been many people who have been targetted by trolls (Im not suggesting that Brenda warranted that title) whose 'troll' was not doorstepped by sky news. I fail to understand why this lady was picked out and given such treatment.
thetruthbeknown

Activity : 282

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 06.10.14 11:50

aquila wrote:It would be interesting to know if SY/OG/CPS will release their findings on Brenda Leyland's tweets. I'd like to know whether they did indeed look into this 'dossier' and I'd like to know if they considered what BL wrote to be a criminal offence and what their intentions were i.e. to prosecute/caution/no case to answer.

I'd like to know what precise actions were taken to investigate this 'dossier'.

In the Sky News doorstepping, all-day extravaganza- Brunt informs BL she's been reported to Scotland Yard.

I'd like to know if SY/OG had been in contact with Brenda prior to Sky News' speaking to her.

I'd like to know if SY/OG had been in contact with Brenda after Sky News' speaking to her.

I'd like to know if SY/OG had been approached/made any comment to Sky News prior to their interview.

I hope these things will become clear at the inquest.

If I am able, I will attend the inquest.

I'm not sure there will be an inquest,  if her death was suicide and is therefore explainable there is not really a likely-hood of an inquest as far as I'm aware. Whether the family could request it or even want to I suppose that's another matter.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverspeed 06.10.14 11:51

I believe i just heard on radio 2 that they will be discussing this on the Jeremy Vine show presently. Dare i listen
Silverspeed
Silverspeed

Activity : 443

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 06.10.14 11:52

thetruthbeknown wrote:So upset to hear the news, so very tragic and unnecessary. I have always hated 'expose' type of journalism, especially when the circumstances surrounding it are not fully represented, or are just completely unjustified. I stand in hope that this will bring the whole of this kind of doorstepping into debate. If the police thought there was any kind of crime committed, or a factual basis to the accusations then it was for them to act, not some jumped up doorstep journalist. Although I think in the forthcoming days we will be subject to stories and headlines like 'trolls ruined my life' etc etc, to counteract the growing concern of the unjustifiable 'outing' by Sky of Brenda. There has been many people who have been targetted by trolls (Im not suggesting that Brenda warranted that title) whose 'troll' was not doorstepped by sky news. I fail to understand why this lady was picked out and given such treatment.

She was targeted because they had worked out [ church going etc , and by reading her posts both in the real world and her allias ] that she was a soft target . sadly also vulnarable .

Do you think Brunty would have doorstepped a tattood 6ft 7 builder , or a member of the ethnic community !!! ? NO.
She was white, middle class ,aged ,could not fight back ticked all the boxes.
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 06.10.14 11:55

Silverspeed wrote:I believe i just heard on radio 2 that they will be discussing this on the Jeremy Vine show presently. Dare i listen
Nah don't waste your time they are all backtracking,and you will not hear any think like the truth.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 06.10.14 11:55

Silverspeed wrote:I believe i just heard on radio 2 that they will be discussing this on the Jeremy Vine show presently. Dare i listen

Then i urge anybody who can to ring the station , to raise the points we have discussed , inc her NOT being the writer of the vile  posts

ITS ON IN FIVE MINS TEL 0500 288 291

TEXT 88291
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 06.10.14 11:57

ChippyM wrote:[
I'm not sure there will be an inquest,  if her death was suicide and is therefore explainable there is not really a likely-hood of an inquest as far as I'm aware. Whether the family could request it or even want to I suppose that's another matter.

There is always an inquest after a suicide. It may be quite short and last just an hour or two, but it will take place.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 06.10.14 11:58

ChippyM wrote:
aquila wrote:It would be interesting to know if SY/OG/CPS will release their findings on Brenda Leyland's tweets. I'd like to know whether they did indeed look into this 'dossier' and I'd like to know if they considered what BL wrote to be a criminal offence and what their intentions were i.e. to prosecute/caution/no case to answer.

In the Sky News doorstepping, all-day extravaganza- Brunt informs BL she's been reported to Scotland Yard.

I'd like to know if SY/OG had been in contact with Brenda prior to Sky News' speaking to her.

I'd like to know if SY/OG had been in contact with Brenda after Sky News' speaking to her.

I'd like to know if SY/OG had been approached/made any comment to Sky News prior to their interview.

The coroner MUST be notified if it is suspected someone took their own life. I think in this case, like the Nurse who got pranked, an inquest is inevitable.

I think the media are cr@pping themselves at the moment.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by thetruthbeknown 06.10.14 12:01

stillsloppingout wrote:

She was targeted because they had worked out [ church going etc , and by reading her posts both in the real world and her allias ] that she was a soft target . sadly also vulnarable .

Do you think Brunty would have doorstepped a tattood  6ft 7 builder , or a member of the ethnic community !!! ? NO.
She was white, middle class ,aged ,could not fight back  ticked all the boxes.
Yes, regarding this case I agree, im sure there were others that have posted more aggressive tweets etc. But i meant why this particular case? There has been many high profile cases where the accused has not been outed by the press on their doorstep.
thetruthbeknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 06.10.14 12:02

tiny wrote:
Nah don't waste your time they are all backtracking,and you will not hear any think like the truth.
Damage control I expect.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 06.10.14 12:04

I HAVE POSTED RADIO 2 JEREMY VINE CONTACT NUMBERS ON PREVIOUS PAGE . GOOD LUCK .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 06.10.14 12:06

ChippyM wrote:

I am going to post this here for those who are interested.  I have attended two inquests, and family members and close friends of the deceased may be given permission to speak if they have anything to add, but the judge will cut you off, and remind you that it's an inquest not a court trial. So, anyone who doesn't know Mrs B Leyland personally, or has any information directly connected to her death, they won't be heard.

The piece below is copied and pasted:

The inquest

If suicide is suspected in England and Wales there is always a public hearing, the inquest. Anyone can attend an inquest hearing. At the end of an inquest hearing the coroner (or jury in some cases) can give one of many verdicts, including death due to accident, suicide, open, or unlawful killing. To give a verdict of suicide the coroner has to be satisfied that the deceased did the act which ended his / her life and intended by that act that his / her life would end. This has to be proved “beyond all reasonable doubt”. The coroner may return an “open verdict” to reflect that there is insufficient evidence to support any other verdict available (also see ‘Reactions to the verdict’). A “narrative” verdict can also be returned, which is a more descriptive comment, and less of a “label” than other verdicts.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 06.10.14 12:06

The coroner MUST be notified if it is suspected someone took their own life. I think in this case, like the Nurse who got pranked, an inquest is inevitable.

I think the media are cr@pping themselves at the moment.[/quote]

That is correct , the death is treated as suspicious . and a coroner has to be informed, it is also sadly a pre requisite for insurance purposes.
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 06.10.14 12:08

thetruthbeknown wrote:So upset to hear the news, so very tragic and unnecessary. I have always hated 'expose' type of journalism, especially when the circumstances surrounding it are not fully represented, or are just completely unjustified. I stand in hope that this will bring the whole of this kind of doorstepping into debate. If the police thought there was any kind of crime committed, or a factual basis to the accusations then it was for them to act, not some jumped up doorstep journalist. Although I think in the forthcoming days we will be subject to stories and headlines like 'trolls ruined my life' etc etc, to counteract the growing concern of the unjustifiable 'outing' by Sky of Brenda. There has been many people who have been targetted by trolls (Im not suggesting that Brenda warranted that title) whose 'troll' was not doorstepped by sky news. I fail to understand why this lady was picked out and given such treatment.

The irony of all this is that, imo, TM had perfected the art of 'trolling' and other types of behaviour that would be likely to silence people into submission. That has been my observation. So, once again, we are seeing the device of accusing your critics of the very thing that you yourself are doing. It's a time-honoured device and I think TM have it down to an art. This is all so blatant it is quite extraordinary.

I fail to understand why this lady was picked out and given such treatment.

A very good question. What did she know? How much of a 'threat' was she? Or is she the proverbial 'scape-goat'? Either way, this is all very disturbing.

This appalling saga is going from bad to worse. It's like having the mafia running the asylum. Or maybe the other way round.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 06.10.14 12:09

Bishop Brennan wrote:
ChippyM wrote:[

There is always an inquest after a suicide.  It may be quite short and last just an hour or two, but it will take place.  

Oh Ok, I thought from reading various sources that the death has to be reported to the coroner, then the coroner decides whether an inquest is needed. I could just see them saying 'theres nothing to see here' with this one.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by lufc50337 06.10.14 12:09

plebgate wrote:
sally66 wrote:
plebgate wrote:
stillsloppingout wrote:The only thing we can hope for now is balance , This is going to be difficult especially at this time but for the sake of there mothers memory , her children must be strong , come forward and explain to the media that there mother WAS NOT A TROLL OR MONSTER OR VILE , she was just a person who has formed her opinion re this case , Then they should explain why she arrived at her opinion , and then ask for the evidence of her VILE posts to be produced .

Finally sue the national press and Sky etc , for everything they have got for slander , defimation of character etc .

If Brenda's family are strong , and keep there cool and do the above , they will vindicate there Mother , restore her name , and blow open this case , to the masses once and for all .

I really hope they have the strength to do this . it is the only hope for any justice . you owe it to your mothers memory . fight back we are all behind you .
Yes, we are all behind them, time for the little people to fight back.   This is an absolute disgrace.
Totally agree 

I have been thinking about Brenda and her family constantly since this has happened and how her memory deserves justice.

Brenda was well aware of what GA and others have been through and that's the reason the majority of doubters   keep their identity anonymous.
As we all know too Sally, Tony was threatened with prison and he has paid a very high price for speaking out.  I still believe more and more will start joining and speaking out after this shocking turn of events.

As someone else posted, keep the posts polite and question what has been said.  there AS YET, is no law against that.
What do they have that is so powerful?  There are books that doubt the validity of the JFK shooting, twin towers, Princess Diana's death, Davd Kelly's death yet no doubting of the McCann"s version of events is allowed.

I will refrain from expressing my opinion of why as it is only an opinion and not a fact
lufc50337

Activity : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.14 12:12

Jim Gamble on the phoneline with JV.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by palm tree 06.10.14 12:13

If BL had have been asked to speak to MB about her thoughts, she probably would have been very willing. She could have asked MB why he'd reported 2 full DNA matches for maddie and why he reported GM sister was expecting KM to be charged with accidental death of her daughter, if only she had been given the chance. The poor lady must have been in fear of her life. So sad, RIP Brenda.
IMO

Activity : 368

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 06.10.14 12:16

Tony Bennett wrote:The tweets of Tony Evans of The Times for the record:

=======================================

Really upset to see that the McCann's twitter troll is dead. We need to find the facts but there are a couple of things worth talking about

She was wrong to send bile-filled tweets to the McCanns. They have suffered enough

But was her abuse bad enough for her to be singled out and put on national television?

A wise journalist once said to me: 'imagine what you're writing was about you? Family and friends would see it. Does the person deserve it?'

He went on. 'You write it and think nothing of it. That person has to live with it. Everyone they know will be talking about it'

If this stupid woman has committed suicide (and I hope there's no connection) I wouldn't like to have been the person involved in the piece

But the point I'm making - on a night my column is about Roy Keane - is think about it. Does the person you criticise deserve it

Are they equipped for it? The McCann woman wasn't. You could see that from the Sky News film. If it was a police issue, fine

Let the police deal with it and then point the cameras.

Snipped from above.

If this stupid woman has committed suicide 

"Stupid?" 

angry2
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster 06.10.14 12:21

I'm listening to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 regarding Brenda and the trolling of the McCanns.  Jim Gamble is on the show.  Reporting so far is inclining toward hate campaigns and activist descriptions of BL.  Why can't they report more accurately.  They can't report on message content because the twitter account has been deleted (convenient that).  I think Vine is presenting in a fair manner and the feel of the broadcast may change if people phone in or contact by other media.

One thing is certain I'm sure the McCanns won't express an opinion.  God Help us if this is where we are all headed in the UK.  Shame on it!  I think there's another 10 mins to go.

The Rooster

Activity : 524

Back to top Go down

Post by thetruthbeknown 06.10.14 12:21

palm tree wrote:If BL had have been asked to speak to MB about her thoughts, she probably would have been very willing. She could have asked MB why he'd reported 2 full DNA matches for maddie and why he reported GM sister was expecting KM to be charged with accidental death of her daughter, if only she had been given the chance. The poor lady must have been in fear of her life. So sad, RIP Brenda.
IMO
I thought it had been reported somewhere that she did invite him in for a chat after the initial confrontation, however none of that conversation was broadcast?
thetruthbeknown

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 06.10.14 12:22

Listened to Vine , he was balanced Gamble mentioned trolls and steps must be put in place to prevent abuse . i here stupid things said about the McCanns .
ive had abuse myself this morning .
BBC Leicester , reporter was questioned , and said the village is in shock , as they have been out and about , her son lives in the USA she visits him , dresses , well quiet , THe BBC reporter , would not say what posts she wrote .

Lord suger has tweeted that the press should be poss charged . somebody has stated they know her and she was not well .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.14 12:23

The Rooster wrote: They can't report on message content because the twitter account has been deleted (convenient that).

Very convenient.

Who deleted the account?

Brenda?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster 06.10.14 12:25

I really hope someone rings in and give a balance viewpoint...

The Rooster

Activity : 524

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top