The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 8 Mm11

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 8 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 8 Mm11

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 8 Regist10

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! !

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 8 Empty The answer to Life, The Universe and Everything

Post by PeterMac 27.09.14 11:10

Sales have now reached

4 2

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16596

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 8 Empty Re: BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! !

Post by sharonl 27.09.14 12:01

PeterMac wrote:Sales have now reached

4 2

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of the sales. 

a.  How many McCann friends bought the book to support the authors?
b.  How many truth seekers purchased a copy?
c.  How many books were sold to the general public?

In my opinion, only catergory C really counts.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 8 Empty Re: BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! !

Post by Casey5 27.09.14 14:49

I have read that there is uproar on twitter and facebook about the derisory Amazon comments about the book and the poor sales.
Wouldn't you think those people who are soooo upset would buy a copy of the book but seemingly not. big grin
Casey5

Activity : 402

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.09.14 14:58

Casey5 wrote:I have read that there is uproar on twitter and facebook about the derisory Amazon comments about the book and the poor sales.
Wouldn't you think those people who are soooo upset would buy a copy of the book but seemingly not. big grin

I think Mr&Mrs have written most of the McBook and used S & S as authors, paying them lots of ££££££.  Their writing careers are now finished IMO.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 27.09.14 15:59

Ironically, from the Winters and Goose book,
talking about Kate's autobiography
p. 241   Published in May 2011 amidst massive publicity, the book became a runaway bestseller. In the first week, 72,500 copies were sold - a record."

So now we can perhaps add, for the sake of completeness and balance
Published in September 2014, amidst massive publicity, the book became a universally derided and monumental flop. In the first two weeks, 42 copies were sold - a record."

As one well known and respected commentator observed
"It takes some doing not to make money out of Madeleine McCann."
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 27.09.14 18:34

At this rate, Winters and Goose's book "Looking for Madeleine Money" wont make it to the Top 10 list.
Comes this winter they may not have turkey and may have to make do with a scrawny goose for Christmas.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Naz_Nomad 27.09.14 20:44

Looks like they've deleted everything since 11th September from their Facebook page!  Check it out!

Activity : 156

Back to top Go down

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 8 Empty A right turkey

Post by The....truth 27.09.14 21:00

aiyoyo wrote:At this rate, Winters and Goose's book "Looking for Madeleine Money" wont make it to the Top 10 list.
Comes this winter they may not have turkey and may have to make do with a scrawny goose for Christmas.

Come this winter, they will still have a turkey.

It's a right turkey, and they will never be able to get rid of it.

Imo
The....truth

Activity : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 27.09.14 21:39

PeterMac wrote:Ironically, from the Winters and Goose book,
talking about Kate's autobiography
p. 241   Published in May 2011 amidst massive publicity, the book became a runaway bestseller. In the first week, 72,500 copies were sold - a record."

Anyone who has a copy of this book will see, very clearly on the front cover, this message.

ALL ROYALTIES DONATED TO MADELEINES' FUND

In just one weeks, 72,500 copies were sold.  I paid, £11.75 so we can safely say that revenue from the book was around £851,725 for just that first week. 

It would be interesting to know how many books were sold between May 2011 and 31 March 2012, what the revenue was, and what percentage was paid in royalties.

We also have the £200,000 upfront payment from the Sun

So, if Madeleine's fund received a £550,000 donation from Kate in 2011/12, were all royalties paid into the fund as promised?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 27.09.14 22:35

Royalties are usually 10% of wholesale price, and bulk purchases by big outlets such as W.H.Smiths are given at a considerable discount, so I would estimate what Kate could 'donate' to the fund would be much less, unless some special agreement had been reached with the publisher. Publishers make the lion's share! Trust me, I know!

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 8 Empty 600 archived comments regarding the McCann case deleted from the public Summers & Swan Facebook page

Post by JR 28.09.14 1:20

Naz_Nomad wrote:Looks like they've deleted everything since 11th September from their Facebook page!  Check it out!
From Twitter:

[*]BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 8 Newtweet_biggerWin@winnower1 42 min.
Is anyone else having trouble w/ #McCann tag? Anyway - here are some of the comments deleted by Summers & Swan: http://www.scribd.com/doc/241191730/Comments-deleted-from-Facebook …

600 archived comments regarding the McCann case deleted from the public Summers & Swan Facebook page:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/241191730/Comments-deleted-from-Facebook
JR
JR

Activity : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 28.09.14 2:24

That's the t'Internet for you: once it's out there, it's out there!

Sorry, but screw S&S for being lackeys and writing such rubbish.

As always in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 28.09.14 8:30

sharonl wrote:
So, if Madeleine's fund received a £550,000 donation from Kate in 2011/12, were all royalties paid into the fund as promised?

I take it that is a rhetorical question !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.09.14 9:41

4 2

Admit it - you've been desperately hoping sales would actually make it to 42 so you could post that, haven't you!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 8 Empty Now it's down to a fiver

Post by PeterMac 28.09.14 15:56

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
4 2
Admit it - you've been desperately hoping sales would actually make it to 42 so you could post that, haven't you!

Got me !

But it is now selling at £5.44
I suspect anyone holding any stock is now desperate to get rid of them.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/147221160X/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 8 <a href=BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 8 Fiver_10" />
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.09.14 16:05

Apologies if this link as been posted before but from memory its not been,it says here that Redwood told them to go and look in the PJ files because he would not be giving any comment and its thought that the authors wanted to release the book at the same time as the investigation would end.

http://asaucesaid.blogspot.nl/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 8 Empty BS

Post by PeterMac 28.09.14 18:17

I know we don't normally put in the link
but with your permission - Admin - this is priceless and worth of reaching as wide an audience as possible.

"Down the Swannee
The behaviour of the McCann supporters recently has been, as Martin Grime might say, suggestive. First there was the flagging of a book that was written by “real journalists” and was going to make McCann sceptics writhe – all based on pre-publication junk publicity; next the loud unanimity that the book was headed for huge sales; then the gloating at the serialization and the television interviews, all apparent confirmation of public support for the parents.

High tide was reached with those contemptuous and “hateful” Amazon reviews by the critics – the latter all driven, naturally, by envy and malice.
And then came the horrible reality – the manifestly second-rate quality of the book’s research, the absence of anything new, the crippling admission by the authors that they’d given undertakings to the parents in advance. And then the fact of those humiliating sales figures. It takes some doing not to make money out of Madeleine McCann.

More!
On the other side we have box-office delight: the sheer fun of it all, starting with the hunted reaction of the authors to the derision heaped on them. And what about that stinky abductor with the pot-belly and feet wrapped in giant cloth Swiss-rolls who’ll surely become the abiding image of the book? He shuffles alongside the Evil HairyBert’s man-with-the-seven-foot-arms as a cartoon marker of the impact of events on Gerry McCann’s mental powers. The gallery of suspects put out by the team was always an extended Rorschach blot, a free creation of Gerry McCann’s diseased mind in different guises, all imposed on the nominal eyewitnesses – as well as millions of others – by his extraordinary will. But the flesh-eating, pockmarked terror-paedos he once conjured are gone, replaced now by surreal comic buffoons, symbols of an imagination that has lost its hold over others and a story that is slowly being laughed to death."
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.09.14 18:33

Hi Peter, I don't have a problem with the sensible writer over at the Blacksmith Bureau...it's just the other one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 28.09.14 18:48

admin wrote:Hi Peter, I don't have a problem with the sensible writer over at the Blacksmith Bureau...it's just the other one.
Thanks for that
The other one is certainly very strange. This one is very often brilliant, concise, and incisive. As here.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 8 Empty BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON

Post by JanKnight 30.09.14 17:06

I am not surprised that the book was reduced to £9 almost immediately by Amazon because as soon as it hit the shelves at Asda it was priced at £10.  What does surprise me however is that it has disappeared locally from the shelves at Asda.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Even if their stock had sold out - and there was no indication that people were buying it - they've had plenty of time to restock.  Even when a book is not selling well, it usually remains on the shelf for a least a month.  I think this one was on the shelf for about  two weeks.
JanKnight

Activity : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.09.14 17:46

JanKnight wrote:I am not surprised that the book was reduced to £9 almost immediately by Amazon because as soon as it hit the shelves at Asda it was priced at £10.  What does surprise me however is that it has disappeared locally from the shelves at Asda.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Even if their stock had sold out - and there was no indication that people were buying it - they've had plenty of time to restock.  Even when a book is not selling well, it usually remains on the shelf for a least a month.  I think this one was on the shelf for about  two weeks.

Supermarkets have access to real time sales information and will not give shelf space to dead product. I suspect they were returned to the publisher.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 30.09.14 18:42

The title is not enticing.
The whole nation knows OG went digging in Portugal, indicative the police were searching for remains.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

BOOK ALREADY HALF PRICE ON AMAZON ! ! - Page 8 Empty SUDDEN RUSH YESTERDAY

Post by PeterMac 03.10.14 12:35

1st October

Sudden rush of Sale.

Yes you read that right.
Just ONE copy on 1st.

Followed by a real rush on 2nd.  THREE.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 03.10.14 13:19

PeterMac wrote:1st October

Sudden rush of Sale.

Yes you read that right.
Just ONE copy on 1st.

Followed by a real rush on 2nd.  THREE.

That's a 200% increase in sales as promoters say. big grin
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 04.10.14 16:38

PeterMac wrote:It takes some doing not to make money out of Madeleine McCann.
laughat
Even that pair making toys with plastic boxes and radio aerials in their garden shed managed to do it!

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top