The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Price of Book Mm11

Price of Book Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Price of Book Mm11

Price of Book Regist10

Price of Book

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Price of Book Empty Price of Book

Post by Guest 01.09.12 12:54

Hello All!

Amazon today is selling the Book for 1 eurocent apiece plus postage.

As good as new.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Price of Book Empty Re: Price of Book

Post by Nina 01.09.12 13:20

Portia wrote:Hello All!

As good as new.

I wouldn't even pay that, and would be ashamed to have anyone see it on my book shelves. As a research document though, priceless.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.09.12 13:30

Nina wrote:

As good as new.

I wouldn't even pay that, and would be ashamed to have anyone see it on my book shelves. As a research document though, priceless.

Quite.

And so I ordered it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 01.09.12 14:08

Portia wrote:
Nina wrote:

As good as new.

Quite.

And so I ordered it.

thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciawoman 16.09.12 1:03

Does the book state that all sales proceeds are going towards the search for Madeleine?

Also would anyone have a link to the Fund accounts. I have looked at the accounts before on a site but cannot remember where. I was wanting to see the latest accounts. Last accounts I seen the company was trading at a loss and it would make sense that the book sales and advance payment be paid into the fund as they could offset the losses against this years profits. Also if declared through personal income you would be in the 40 percent tax bracket instead of company tax at 21 percent.
Ciawoman
Ciawoman

Activity : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 16.09.12 1:06

Ciawoman wrote:Does the book state that all sales proceeds are going towards the search for Madeleine?

Also would anyone have a link to the Fund accounts. I have looked at the accounts before on a site but cannot remember where. I was wanting to see the latest accounts. Last accounts I seen the company was trading at a loss and it would make sense that the book sales and advance payment be paid into the fund as they could offset the losses against this years profits. Also if declared through personal income you would be in the 40 percent tax bracket instead of company tax at 21 percent.

This should help find out the info:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id405.html

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id394.html
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id352.html

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciawoman 16.09.12 1:14

Thanks

The 2012 Accounts have to be filed by the end of December. Will be interesting to see if the missing book sale advance is included
Ciawoman
Ciawoman

Activity : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 16.09.12 1:43

Ciawoman wrote:Thanks

The 2012 Accounts have to be filed by the end of December. Will be interesting to see if the missing book sale advance is included

Very interesting

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Price of Book Empty Roalties going where exactly?

Post by Guest 16.09.12 15:27

Ciawoman wrote:Does the book state that all sales proceeds are going towards the search for Madeleine?

The front cover of the book has a sticker-like print stating, emphatically, unconditionally and -I think- binding in law as part of the sales agreement between the seller (publisher/editor/author) and buyer (me and the other million or so avid readers):

ALL ROYALTIES DONATED TO MADELEINE'S FUND

I, concerned citizen, read this sticker (sticking out, in gold, with the red velvet dress of the child as a backdrop); I want to take up the offer to be able to contribute to the Fund -why else would I buy this badly written piece of garbage- and so I fork out my hard earned cash in order to help this Fund fulfill its purpose, whichever I perceive that to be. O, wait a moment. In smaller print it also says, same front page cover: Madeleine. Our daughter's disappearance and the continuing search for her.

Thats OK then, isn't it? My money helps the search being continued. That's what I want. That's why I buy the book and pay my money.

So, if these royalties would be denied to the Fund, that would constitute breach of contract by the seller(s) leading to the money having to be refunded to the buyer -to all buyers!- upon request.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.09.12 18:25

Nina wrote:
Portia wrote:
Nina wrote:

As good as new.

Quite.

And so I ordered it.

Price of Book 759815

Hello Nina, thank you for the thumbs up!

I have it on my desk, but have not been able to bring myself to open it.

To me, it represents some unfathomable evil.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 16.09.12 20:56

Portia wrote:
Nina wrote:
Portia wrote:
Nina wrote:

As good as new.

Quite.

And so I ordered it.

Price of Book 759815

Hello Nina, thank you for the thumbs up!

I have it on my desk, but have not been able to bring myself to open it.

To me, it represents some unfathomable evil.

Hi Portia, you must gird your loins and open it and use it as a research tool. It is in black and white, and Kate says it is the truth.
I know what you mean though about evil, there are some times when I see the smirks and sideways glances that my skin crawls.

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 17.09.12 11:31

you can get a used copy on amazon for 1p, but then a delivery charge of almost £3.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.09.12 11:39

russiandoll wrote: you can get a used copy on amazon for 1p, but then a delivery charge of almost £3.

That's correct. But I don't mind keeping a public service in business.

The book just lies there, in front of me, staring at me and getting bigger & bigger by the hour.

Out of sheer revulsion I have decided to scrap my day off, and go back to the office, in order to escape it.

Silly me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 17.09.12 23:20

I have to agree that I would react in the same way as Portia if I had succumbed and purchased said Book.

The information that can be gleaned would be great but I too just can't buy it, borrow it, whatever.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 18.09.12 7:49

Geez, even if given to me I wouldn't accept it. No way hosey!

I won't touch something written by a narcissist who can't string a sentence together coherently, let alone face her writing full of her inner hell taken out on foreign police.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 10.10.12 23:35

It seems that the hard back is no longer available - a sell out? Price of Book 110921

The paperback is now down to £4.73

It is ranked at no, 11,105 in Amazon books
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11199

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 11.10.12 11:40

sharonl wrote:It seems that the hard back is no longer available - a sell out? Price of Book 110921

The paperback is now down to £4.73

It is ranked at no, 11,105 in Amazon books

As high as that eh? high5

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 11.10.12 16:39

There wasn't a personal book-signing appearance from KM for the first edition. There wasn't one for the second either as far as I'm aware. It can be argued it would be because a cluster of anti-McCanns may turn up, create havoc, upset Kate, detract from the essence of the book which is a mother's account of 'the truth' about her missing child. It can also be argued that the book was edited to within an inch of its existence by lawyers, ghost-writers and PR people. It can be argued that the publishers thought they were on a winner when the press were on-side with TM.

What I see, and everything I'm writing is my opinion, is firstly the book hasn't done anything to find Madeleine. The book has made money (perhaps less than expected) and the proceeds of the book haven't been openly shown as deposited in the accounts of the Fund. It may not be necessary to show this information in the accounts but if you emblazen your book with a sticker suggesting every penny goes to....then a bit of transparent accounting or a bit of news on the website that asks for donations might be a nice/good thing to do.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 11.10.12 16:44

@ aquila - you hit the nail on the head, here's the Sunday Express

By James Murray and Tracey Kandohla
Sunday April 10,2011

KATE McCann is so fearful of being attacked she is refusing to do public signings of her new book about the fight to find daughter Madeleine.

She will do television interviews here and in Portugal, where Madeleine disappeared four years ago, but will not meet the public over fears for her personal safety.

A source close to the publishers told the Sunday Express yesterday: "Kate doesn't want to give anyone the opportunity of heckling her or attacking her during any promotional tour. It's been emotional enough just writing the book."

The 348-page book, called Madeleine, is published on May 12, the little girl's eighth birthday.

We can disclose that one of the groups that could potentially have caused trouble is The Madeleine Foundation, which plans to distribute leaflets and step up an internet campaign confronting Kate and Gerry McCann on the date of publication.

They have already written to publishers Transworld demanding answers to 163 questions.

The questions include several put to the couple by the Portuguese police. One question asks: "How would the McCanns' children have coped if there was an emergency while they were absent and out of earshot?"

They also ask why the McCanns did not use the hotel's evening baby-sitting service.

The Foundation letter states: "Many feel that the McCanns owe it to the public, whom they have so frequently asked for help, to give them reasonable answers to their questions."

Kate, 42, has written the book because the Madeleine Fund, set up by well-wishers, is getting through money fast.

The McCanns want to be able to pay for further private detective work to track her down and cling to the belief that Madeleine is still alive somewhere.

Kate has said: "My reason for writing is simple – to give an account of the truth.

"Every penny we raise through its sales will be spent on our search for Madeleine."

The couple have devoted their lives to finding Madeleine.

They live in Rothley, Leicestershire, with their six-year-old twins Sean and Amelie.

The couple say Madeleine was abducted from their Algarve hotel apartment where the children had been left while they had dinner with friends a short distance away.

Public book-signings have become a risk for celebrities.

Last year former prime minister Tony Blair was pelted with eggs and shoes by anti-war protesters at a signing in Dublin.

A year earlier X Factor star Leona Lewis was punched in the face as she signed copies of her autobiography in London.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.10.12 17:30

Portia wrote:
russiandoll wrote: you can get a used copy on amazon for 1p, but then a delivery charge of almost £3.

That's correct. But I don't mind keeping a public service in business.

The book just lies there, in front of me, staring at me and getting bigger & bigger by the hour.

Out of sheer revulsion I have decided to scrap my day off, and go back to the office, in order to escape it.

Silly me.

To add injury to insult:

My cat came along, tripped up my coffee mug, and wasted the lower side of pages 0-100.

The cat is now reclining on a cold stone slab
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 11.10.12 17:32

Portia wrote:
To add injury to insult:
My cat came along, tripped up my coffee mug, and wasted the lower side of pages 0-100.
. . .
I have been wondering how to improve my copy. The litter tray beckons.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 11.10.12 22:30

My husband has always believed the McCanns story and considered me to be a bit loopy.

He read Kates first book and came to the conclusion they were guilty. Totally true.

They need to look closer to home when they state other peoples publications are prohibiting the search for Madeleine.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 02.12.13 22:04

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Madeleine-By-Kate-McCann-/310497713587?pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item484b1b1db3

Madeleine By Kate McCann
Seller information
awesomebooksuk
Visit Shop: AwesomeBooksUK
Item condition:Good
Price :£0.99
Postage: £1.99
Economy Delivery
South East, United Kingdom
Post to:
Worldwide

So Postage and packing is now twice the cost of the book.
Read it on line is my advice. !

Or if you go to Amazon

£0.01
+ £2.80 UK delivery
Used - Good

Expedited shipping available on this book. The book has been read but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact and th... » Read more
World of Books Ltd

£0.01
+ £2.80 UK delivery
Used - Good
Charity Listing
stwhospice

I love the "all pages are intact . . . " They are not in my copy !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Trunchbull 03.12.13 16:18

I've spotted the book in quite a few charity shops.

If you want to use it for research, but don't want to pay excessive p&p or provide profits to the author, then expect to cough up £1-£2 for the hardback version.
Miss Trunchbull

Activity : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.12.13 16:26

What would be very (enormously actually) interesting is for the McCanns to reveal the revenue from their bewk. Dr Amaral has been asked about the revenue for his book etc.

Kate's bewk has a clearly displayed 'sticker' on it saying that the proceeds (royalties) go to the Fund. I might be a bit dim (I'm sure I am at times) but I can see no declaration of how much has been paid into the Fund from the bewk. I have not seen how much the bewk made.

It's incredible to think that the McCanns are suing someone and asking for proof on book income when their own limited company has shown nothing to the public with regards to revenue.

Transparency - the thing the McCanns avowed.

That's one of the many reasons people don't like the McCanns imo.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top