The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales - Page 4 Mm11

Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales - Page 4 Mm11

Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales - Page 4 Regist10

Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales - Page 4 Empty Re: Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales

Post by Guest 07.08.14 20:00

This, from JT's rog (copied from McCannfiles):

Reply    “Err yeah so I went sailing but with somebody else, who I can’t remember his name but that is in my previous statement and Dave and Fi also, so they took one boat out and I took the other boat out with this other chap.”
4078    “Okay. You spent every morning, how long were the tennis lessons?”
Reply    “Err an hour.”
4078    “So you spent an hour every morning with Kate.”
Reply    “Yeah.”
4078    “And Rachael. Was it Rachael?”
Reply    “Yes, yeah.”
4078    “Did you spend any time with Kate in any other activities specifically? Not just sort of chatting.”
Reply    “Err no not really, I think sometimes she was there in the afternoon if we were by the pool.”
4078    “Mm.”
Reply    “You know, but err but no, no other specific arranged activities.”
4078    “What about with Gerry?”
Reply    “No because he tended to do his separately, which is probably why I didn’t get to know him as well over the week as well because he was better at tennis than us so he had the ten thirty lesson which was the intermediates rather than the beginners.”
4078    “Right.”
Reply    “So you know we sort of tended to sort of pass and also they had a few extra lessons in the afternoon as well so, and they tended to do all tennis based activities, whereas the rest of us were sort of bitting and bobbing between you know beach activities as well as, as well as the tennis.”
4078    “So your contact with Kate was limited to your tennis lessons and then to sort of just sitting socially..”
Reply    “Yeah.”
4078    “At the play area or in the Tapas bar, generally.”
Reply    “Yeah, yeah, around that sort of area.”
4078    “And with Gerry it was just limited to the social side.”
Reply    “It was mainly in the evening that we saw, well after the high tea for the kids, we called it high tea but you know, tea for the kids, and afterwards in the play area with the kids and then, and then in the restaurant in the evening.”
4078    “And on the Wednesday at the sailing, you mentioned there was somebody else present, you couldn’t remember their name.”
Reply    “Yeah.”
4078    “Was that another guest?”
Reply    “That was, yeah that was another guest and his wife actually did the tennis lessons with us err and he’d done the first, I say, he was, the rest of us who did the windsurfing, it was Russ, me, Dave and Fi, and this other chap on the first day so I’d met him on the, would it be the Sunday or the mon, the Monday, I met him on the Monday. So Russell didn’t come down for the err the second windsurfing lesson which turned into a sailing lesson.”
4078    “Yeah, I’m with you there.”
Reply    “So, yeah, so we took a boat out and Dave and Fi took a boat out.”
4078    “Right. If his name comes back to you at some point just let me know.”
Reply    “Rob? I think it might have been Rob, but…”
4078    “Right.”
Reply    “But it’s definitely in my first statement, so, but I think he was called Rob.”

I believe JT is referring to Robert Naylor.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales - Page 4 Empty Re: Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales

Post by NickE 07.08.14 20:40

goodpost 
"Kiko" said that he knows that Tanner knew Naylor.
NickE
NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 07.08.14 21:51

Ladyinred wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:After MBM's reported disappearance, members of the extended family referred to her in interviews as Maddie.  It's here on the forum, can't remember where.  MR was known as Madelene.

... because MR was Madelene, then MBM had to become Madeleine after her reported disappearance even though, it would seem, she was usually known as Maddie.  IMO

So we have a girl a year or so younger than MM (nearer to 3 than 4 - taken from the linked thread) which would account for MM's unusually small height of 90cm, who liked to be called Madelene, not Maddie. So Madeleine also had to prefer to be called Madeleine despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Moreover, Madelene was abroad without her parents but as a guest of a family who were acquainted if not friends with the McCanns. This is one coincidence too many, so it must be inferred that Madelene was in PDL for a reason. Which must also suggest the possibility that Madeleine's disappearance had already happened prior to the holiday or was planned to occur during the holiday (the dogs' evidence would suggest the latter).

The alternative - another Madelene, without her family and available for possible use as a substitute with her guardians' apparent blessing, just happening to be there coincidentally with the accidental disappearance of another Madeleine is a step too far for me.

All in my opinion and not stated as fact.

Are we certain Madelene was a guest of the Naylors and her parents weren't in PDL?

Cristobel's riddler is singing in my ear again.

I believe MR was in PdL with her family but not staying at the OC.  I also remember reading here (one of Russian doll's post IIRC) that MR would not attend the creche without her friend, EN.
Still friends 2013. 
Classmates at Larmenier and Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School. 
http://larshrc.lbhf.sch.uk/sites/default/files/file_uploads/newsletter-_issue_117.pdf

I would like to see a photo of MR and compare it with an age progression image of MBM
NickE
NickE

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcgforthetruth 07.08.14 21:59

Apologies if this has already been raised but been away on holiday and not had chance to read the whole thread but one thing thrum me - if AR is dismissing the Jane Tanner sighting as another parent carrying their child home from the night crèche why would he be "running" as described by Jane Tanner in her initial conversion with the GNR?
Searcgforthetruth

Activity : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 07.08.14 22:00

Well found! So still together. I believe there is something in this ...
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.08.14 22:13

NickE wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:After MBM's reported disappearance, members of the extended family referred to her in interviews as Maddie.  It's here on the forum, can't remember where.  MR was known as Madelene.

... because MR was Madelene, then MBM had to become Madeleine after her reported disappearance even though, it would seem, she was usually known as Maddie.  IMO

So we have a girl a year or so younger than MM (nearer to 3 than 4 - taken from the linked thread) which would account for MM's unusually small height of 90cm, who liked to be called Madelene, not Maddie. So Madeleine also had to prefer to be called Madeleine despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Moreover, Madelene was abroad without her parents but as a guest of a family who were acquainted if not friends with the McCanns. This is one coincidence too many, so it must be inferred that Madelene was in PDL for a reason. Which must also suggest the possibility that Madeleine's disappearance had already happened prior to the holiday or was planned to occur during the holiday (the dogs' evidence would suggest the latter).

The alternative - another Madelene, without her family and available for possible use as a substitute with her guardians' apparent blessing, just happening to be there coincidentally with the accidental disappearance of another Madeleine is a step too far for me.

All in my opinion and not stated as fact.

Are we certain Madelene was a guest of the Naylors and her parents weren't in PDL?

Cristobel's riddler is singing in my ear again.

I believe MR was in PdL with her family but not staying at the OC.  I also remember reading here (one of Russian doll's post IIRC) that MR would not attend the creche without her friend, EN.
Still friends 2013. 
Classmates at Larmenier and Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School. 
http://larshrc.lbhf.sch.uk/sites/default/files/file_uploads/newsletter-_issue_117.pdf

I would like to see a photo of MR and compare it with an age progression image of MBM
Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales - Page 4 Bl0ta8vCUAAJZH2
From Kikoratton's twitter
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 07.08.14 23:22

"We never called her anything like that."

Never does not mean did not,

For there to be a that (distancing) there has to be a this.

If she wasn't called anything like that, then they must have called her something like this.

What is the this?

Who is the WE who never called her anything like that when the twins, their familes etc referred to her as Maddie?

Why is it important to kate and gerry that, for public consumption and perception, she was never called Maddie, when gerry himself referred to her as Maddie in his friends reunited page and her grandparentsd aunts and uncles as well as her siblings used the diminutive of Maddie rather than Madeleine?

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 08.08.14 1:24

@ DeeCoy - "So we have a girl a year or so younger than MM (nearer to 3 than 4 - taken from the linked thread)"

MHER was born in October 2003, so only 5 months younger than MBM. Parents can be found on Ancestry. 

Yes, as NickE showed - a school friend of E. N*****.

People often take their child`s school friend on holiday with them.

But they were too young to be at school in 2007, although I suppose they could have gone to the same nursery school. 

I can`t find any statements for the Naylors - anyone know why?

Where did the Naylors live and what was the wife`s name - anyone know?
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 08.08.14 5:56

Woofer wrote:@ DeeCoy - "So we have a girl a year or so younger than MM (nearer to 3 than 4 - taken from the linked thread)"

MHER was born in October 2003, so only 5 months younger than MBM. Parents can be found on Ancestry. 

But they were too young to be at school in 2007, although I suppose they could have gone to the same nursery school. 

No statements for the Naylor´s and no statements for the Edmonds.....hmmm

Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales - Page 4 03_VOLUME_IIIa_Page_611
NickE
NickE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.08.14 7:52

NickE wrote:
Woofer wrote:@ DeeCoy - "So we have a girl a year or so younger than MM (nearer to 3 than 4 - taken from the linked thread)"

No statements for the Naylor´s and no statements for the Edmonds.....hmmm

Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales - Page 4 03_VOLUME_IIIa_Page_611

Robert Naylor's wife is called Anne (Irish pronunciation).

Last night I read DP & FP's rogs - the part where they discussed sailing activities - and there was no mention of RN, although they alluded to another person.  Did they forget his name, or were they reluctant to name him?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 08.08.14 11:47

Thank you LIR.  Found her - spelt Ainne.

They live near the Riders in west London.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 08.08.14 11:50

Ladyinred wrote:

Last night I read DP & FP's rogs - the part where they discussed sailing activities - and there was no mention of RN, although they alluded to another person.  Did they forget his name, or were they reluctant to name him?

Or were they RELUCTANT to name him?

PC 1485 "Is there anything that you consider pertinent or relevant to establish the material truth'' (about Madeleine's 'disappearance')

DAVID PAYNE reply "Err the, there are a few things but I don't think this is the right forum for bringing those up.'

PC 1485....."Okay...
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 08.08.14 11:54

I believeit is the Mark WARNER guests who are particularly of relevance on this holiday.
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 13.08.14 16:14

Research_Reader wrote:
Praiaaa wrote:
Woofer wrote:In Fiona Payne`s statement, she said it was weird that KM kept checking the twins to see if they were still breathing. 

Was she grassing on her friend ?  Why else would FP bring attention to the twins being comatose?

double dose -very interesting, would explain the complicity of the T7

YES! Exactly! 

Explains one of the most potentially perplexing aspects of the case in a very simple fashion.

And Matt, in police statements and also in the 'Madeleine was Here' reconstruction about the 'final check at 9.30pm states that he looked into the apartment and saw the twins chests moving. In other words he saw the twins breathing. 

He, conveniently perhaps, does not take a step inside the apartment and therefore is unable to see Madeleine. And unable to see Madeleine breathing as well, perhaps?

If Madeleine did have an adverse reaction to a drug or was overdosed, then she would presumably have required emergency medical treatment. So IF this was something to do with what happened to Madeleine that week, then the negligence of having left the children without a babysitter is then compounded by the negligence of not seeking emergency medical treatment.

And there is no escaping the FACT that the twins, on Thursday evening, were to all extents and purposes in a coma. Kate in her book notes how it was odd that they did not wake and also that they are lying in a strange position. She even states that she checks for signs of life! The police think it is odd that the twins did not wake up. And presumably there would be other witnesses to this?

And Kate, in her book and also to police (at a later date of course so that it is too late) states that she believes that the twins and Madeleine may have been drugged on BOTH Wednesday evening and Thursday evening.

And yet despite these FACTS neither Kate, nor Gerry nor any of their medically qualified friends insist on proper medical examination of the twins!

Astonishing. Especially given that Fiona Payne is an anesthetist. 

For what it is worth, if you do an internet search on accidental overdosing of sedatives in children, you will find that there are reports which have followed cases. And even with some pretty high overdoses, the children recovered after hospital treatment.

I had always suspected that this case might have something to do with medical negligence, among other things. Then lengths that some professionals, hospital trusts, our health authorities will go to in order to cover up medically-induced illness or medical mishaps is quite astonishing.

Even faking an abduction it would seem!

Although I do believe this is only part of the story, albeit a very important part of it. 

All IMO only.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 13.08.14 16:37

Carrry On Doctor wrote:I really go back and forth on when an event occurred, but perhaps the circumstances of an event can help identify when it may have occurred.

Dr Martin Roberts provides the revealing analysis of the following statements.....

In GM's claim......"And if she died, while we were in the apartment, or fell injured, why would we cover that up?" suggests that MBM did not sustain an accidental injury (otherwise they would have reported it).

Also,........"What happened is not due to our leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances." so if they weren't leaving their children asleep, then they were there.

So, in the words of GM.....it was not an accident....and they were there, or had knowledge of it happening.

(Again, above is thanks to Dr Roberts).

It is possibly significant that it is Gerry saying these words and not Kate. Did Kate strike MBM causing her to die ?

MBM was clearly a very intelligent and challenging child - a handful for any parent. Has some event tipped Kate over the edge ?

When were tensions running high ?

The Quiz night was Tuesday, but there was also one on Sunday.

For consideration.

IMO.

If the McCann group went to the Quiz night on Sunday, then perhaps Gerry was paying a little too much attention to the comely aerobics instructor who organized the quiz nights? I imagine it would have been a boozy, fairly ribald evening with a lot of banter and teasing. Perhaps Kate had been left with the bath-time, bed-time routine, which, with three children under four in a strange place and out of their normal routine, would presumably have been extra-stressful. Of interest, perhaps, there is no mention whatsoever of a quiz night in Kate's book.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 13.08.14 17:20

j.rob wrote:
And Matt, in police statements and also in the 'Madeleine was Here' reconstruction about the 'final check at 9.30pm states that he looked into the apartment and saw the twins chests moving. In other words he saw the twins breathing. 
But as a medic he would know this

The Royal College of Nursing is quite clear about this.
In “Standards for assessing, measuring and monitoring vital signs in infants, children and young people - RCN guidance for children’s nurses and nurses working with children and young people”

they say, very simply
Infants and children less than six to seven years of
age are predominantly abdominal breathers
therefore, abdominal movements should be counted.

Given that the twins were in the high sided close mesh travel cots - allegedly - and end on towards the door
we can say with certainty that he is lying.

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 13.08.14 18:51

Also didn't kate say that the twins were sleeping on front laying on knees bottom up in air ,or words to that effect ,so if so no one saw breathing from those babies in semi darkness
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr What 13.08.14 18:53

Quite.

It just seems to many people that the ridiculous and contradictory statements given by some of this group of people are simply lies.One does not have to be trained as an investigator to come to that conclusion.
Why is it then that the very best of SY brains continue to tip-toe around what is so apparent?

Are they just stupid? Have they been told to back-off the T9? Whilst the statements cry out for a robust examination into the people who made them, why has this not happened? Some might say, that it has happened and we simply don't know.But it does not take years and years to determine that some people should be charged with a variety of offences, including perverting justice, abandonment of minors and neglect.

We don't know what happened to Maddie, but we do know certain facts surrounding the case.Let's start with them.
Dr What

Activity : 286

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 13.08.14 19:33

Dr What wrote:Quite.

It just seems to many people that the ridiculous and contradictory statements given by some of this group of people are simply lies.One does not have to be trained as an investigator to come to that conclusion.
Why is it then that the very best of SY brains continue to tip-toe around what is so apparent?

Are they just stupid? Have they been told to back-off the T9? Whilst the statements cry out for a robust examination into the people who made them, why has this not happened? Some might say, that it has happened and we simply don't know.But it does not take years and years to determine that some people should be charged with a variety of offences, including perverting justice, abandonment of minors and neglect.

We don't know what happened to Maddie, but we do know certain facts surrounding the case.Let's start with them.

Are they just stupid? Have they been told to back-off the T9? Whilst the statements cry out for a robust examination into the people who made them, why has this not happened?
---------------------------------------------------------------
READ THIS!

17th JULY 2014.

Interviewer "What's your sense?"

DCI Driscoll: "My sense was i couldn't work certain things out, there were certain incidents, there were certain inquiries, which didn't appear to be progressed, there were certain, um, PARTS of 'the investigation' THAT REALLY DIDN'T MAKE ANY SENSE TO ME AT ALL, but i never investigated whether that was corruption or is it incompetent"

Interviewer: "But what does corruption look like?"

DCI Driscoll: "Question i've asked myself many times, what is corruption, i mean is corruption going behind a pub somewhere and getting an envelope full of 50 quid notes and thats corruption, or is corruption that you don't go down a certain path, you don't follow a certain inquiry, and therefore YOU MAKE SOMEONE VERY HAPPY THAT YOU HAVEN'T FOLLOWED THAT INQUIRY and therefore your next promotion is easier for you?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------
SO,
In answer to your:
Are they just stupid? Have they been told to back-off the T9? Whilst the statements cry out for a robust examination into the people who made them, why has this not happened?
-------------------------

I think DCI Driscoll has 'probably' given you possible 'answers' to your 'questions'.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr What 13.08.14 19:45

With respect, the word 'probably' could be applied to a variety of scenarios.All as valid as the next one.

So, it 'probably' doesn't answer my question.

I was not looking for any answer, because no-one on here knows the answer.I think I was merely voicing my own realisation that I am very close to totally disrespect for our wonderful Police Force.This case has joined a rather lengthy list of cases that are becoming infamous.
Dr What

Activity : 286

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 13.08.14 19:57

Your words in bold (mine) sum the situation up succinctlly.  The statements are indeed crying out for a robust examination, but they and the already known facts surrounding the case are being ignored by SY and have been from the outset.  Imagine what would have happened if, turning this around, foreigners had holidayed in the UK, lost a child who had been left alone in unsecured premises and claimed it was an abduction with no evidence and without considering any other possibility.  Then behaved the way the T9 did and gave statements along similar lines to theirs, would SY be saying, several years down the line "we are beginning from zero as if the previous joint UK/Portuguese investigation had never happened" (or words to that effect)?  Throw in other odd behaviours such as starting a fund for questionable purposes, refusing to answer police questions, dismissing sniffer dog evidence, the PJ and LP, insisting without a shred of evidence their child is alive and findable, and suing anyone says otherwise.  The clamour to have such people rigorously investigated would have been deafening.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by espeland 13.08.14 20:40

I suppose it depends if the term '(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)' in the Operation Grange remit means that OG are to investigate only an abduction or whether the remit has changed now that they haven't identified an abductor. I'm not going to ask, but you can if you wish  yes

One must assume if a whitewash is planned it is to protect a very senior person, presumably from what we know of the case a Prime Minister. Somehow I don't see a Conservative government being too concerned to protect a Labour person however - particularly as the General Election is so close.

There are many instances of malpractice, as you note. But they are surfacing now, albeit years late. I would hope that current SY officers realise the importance of not creating another.

espeland
espeland

Activity : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 13.08.14 21:19

jeanmonroe wrote:

READ THIS!

17th JULY 2014.

DCI Driscoll: "My sense was i couldn't work certain things out, there were certain incidents, there were certain inquiries, which didn't appear to be progressed, there were certain, um, PARTS of 'the investigation' THAT REALLY DIDN'T MAKE ANY SENSE TO ME AT ALL, but i never investigated whether that was corruption or is it incompetent"

DCI Driscoll: "Question i've asked myself many times, what is corruption, i mean is corruption going behind a pub somewhere and getting an envelope full of 50 quid notes and thats corruption, or is corruption that you don't go down a certain path, you don't follow a certain inquiry, and therefore YOU MAKE SOMEONE VERY HAPPY THAT YOU HAVEN'T FOLLOWED THAT INQUIRY and therefore your next promotion is easier for you?"
SO,
In answer to your:

I think DCI Driscoll has 'probably' given you possible 'answers' to your 'questions'.
"You don't follow a certain inquiry, and therefore YOU MAKE SOMEONE VERY HAPPY THAT YOU HAVEN'T FOLLOWED THAT INQUIRY and therefore your next promotion is easier for you."

Yes - I think that probably answers quite a few questions. At least as far as I am concerned. Thanks, JM.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 13.08.14 21:54

As another poster stated recently - sorry cant remember their name,   the oddities in this case are so obvious imo.   

One of these "oddities" is the Mccann's expect to be believed when they claimed they felt it was safe when they left their children in the unlocked apartment at night ( If they did ) while they were having drinks and eating with friends   -  yet they did not feel  "safe" to leave the same apartment unlocked during the daytime hours when they were all out  ?

So, they felt it was safe at night but not during the day ?   No valuables were taken that night they say.   So they claim they left their valuables in the unlocked apartment at night along with their 3 children  -  but, during the day, they locked the apartment when they were all out ?  Is that because they didn't feel safe leaving the valuables alone without the children being there ?   It certainly doesn't make any sense to me - all my opinion only.
missmar1

Activity : 253

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 26.10.14 10:09

jeanmonroe wrote:

READ THIS!

17th JULY 2014.

SO,
In answer to your:

clapping clapping
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top