The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales

Post by Joss on 29.10.14 14:06

@plebgate wrote:If question 49 had been put to me I would have said OMG please ask me the 48 questions again and I will answer every single one of them.  We are all different though as we have frequently been told.
I think most parents of a missing child would be out of their minds with worry and fear for their child, and with a great urgency to find their child? And yes, co operating with the police in any way that would help.
And the mother's disgusting retort of Madeleine giving the abductor/s her tuppence worth, really! As if! Is she nuts?
But then again i have seen teenagers with more sense of responsibility toward their child than these two have in what they did. A couple of almost 40 yr. old Dr.'s, so called professionals, that left a 3 yr. old in charge of even younger twins, so they can have some "me" time, not just for one night which would of been bad enough, but for a few nights running, when it would of cost them nothing really for a babysitter, compared to the well being of their children. It was just a tragedy waiting to happen, and their luck ran out, unfortunately for a very small child, and god only knows what happened to her?
Were they always in the habit of running out at night leaving those very small children alone, or was it just while on holidays?

Joss

Posts : 1898
Reputation : 146
Join date : 2011-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales

Post by pauloptix on 29.10.14 14:23

@Joss wrote:
@plebgate wrote:If question 49 had been put to me I would have said OMG please ask me the 48 questions again and I will answer every single one of them.  We are all different though as we have frequently been told.
I think most parents of a missing child would be out of their minds with worry and fear for their child, and with a great urgency to find their child? And yes, co operating with the police in any way that would help.
And the mother's disgusting retort of Madeleine giving the abductor/s her tuppence worth, really! As if! Is she nuts?
But then again i have seen teenagers with more sense of responsibility toward their child than these two have in what they did. A couple of almost 40 yr. old Dr.'s, so called professionals, that left a 3 yr. old in charge of even younger twins, so they can have some "me" time, not just for one night which would of been bad enough, but for a few nights running, when it would of cost them nothing really for a babysitter, compared to the well being of their children. It was just a tragedy waiting to happen, and their luck ran out, unfortunately for a very small child, and god only knows what happened to her?
Were they always in the habit of running out at night leaving those very small children alone, or was it just while on holidays?
Does anyone really believe they left their children alone night after night? I certainly do not. I believe Dianne Webster was there for the purpose of sharing baby sitting duties. If the entire group of 9 are willing to admit to child neglect as a 'Best Case Scenario' I shudder to think what the real truth is.

pauloptix

Posts : 26
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales

Post by palm tree on 29.10.14 14:38

Has there ever been a case where a parent was responsible for the death of their child and did not answer police questions? What I mean is, if a parent was responsible, did any refuse to answer? If they weren't involved, they'd answer and if they were involved, they'd answer as not to raise suspicion? In this case, abduction was claimed by the parents, and KM still didn't answer the police questions! eek
IMO

____________________
Fight for Madeleine

palm tree

Posts : 365
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales

Post by jeanmonroe on 29.10.14 14:58

@palm tree wrote:Has there ever been a case where a parent was responsible for the death of their child and did not answer police questions? What I mean is, if a parent was responsible, did any refuse to answer? If they weren't involved, they'd answer and if they were involved, they'd answer as not to raise suspicion? In this case, abduction was claimed by the parents, and KM still didn't answer the police questions! eek
IMO

And if that wasn't 'bad' enough.................

Here we have the mother of the 'missing' child, Madeleine, on record, saying she was 'GLAD' the investigation into her daughter's 'disappearance' was CLOSED!

And just to confirm her 'view' about the investigation into her daughter's 'disappearance' we have her again, saying on record and video, 'whether the case (into her daughter, Madeleine, 'disappearance') is re-opened, or NOT, it dosen't MATTER'

I wonder how many 'relatives' of 'missing' people, she is an 'ambassador' for, share her 'views'?

"GLAD" their relative/s 'missing cases' were closed and it 'dosen't matter' if nobody is 'looking' out for THEIR 'missing' relatives.

thinking


jeanmonroe

Posts : 5132
Reputation : 885
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales

Post by Joss on 29.10.14 15:16

@pauloptix wrote:
@Joss wrote:
@plebgate wrote:If question 49 had been put to me I would have said OMG please ask me the 48 questions again and I will answer every single one of them.  We are all different though as we have frequently been told.
I think most parents of a missing child would be out of their minds with worry and fear for their child, and with a great urgency to find their child? And yes, co operating with the police in any way that would help.
And the mother's disgusting retort of Madeleine giving the abductor/s her tuppence worth, really! As if! Is she nuts?
But then again i have seen teenagers with more sense of responsibility toward their child than these two have in what they did. A couple of almost 40 yr. old Dr.'s, so called professionals, that left a 3 yr. old in charge of even younger twins, so they can have some "me" time, not just for one night which would of been bad enough, but for a few nights running, when it would of cost them nothing really for a babysitter, compared to the well being of their children. It was just a tragedy waiting to happen, and their luck ran out, unfortunately for a very small child, and god only knows what happened to her?
Were they always in the habit of running out at night leaving those very small children alone, or was it just while on holidays?
Does anyone really believe they left their children alone night after night? I certainly do not. I believe Dianne Webster was there for the purpose of sharing baby sitting duties. If the entire group of 9 are willing to admit to child neglect as a 'Best Case Scenario' I shudder to think what the real truth is.
That is a theory that i have read about, but i can't see why they would have admitted this in a foreign country where the police of that country were involved in the disappearance of their 3 yr. old child. Parents admitting to neglect where the McCann daughter had gone missing, that they could then possibly have been charged and thrown into prison for?? Would they have really taken such a risk? Unless of course they knew that wouldn't happen?
If they didn't really leave the children unattended why would they say they did? And it wasn't just the McC's that did so apparently, but it was Madeleine that turned up missing.

Joss

Posts : 1898
Reputation : 146
Join date : 2011-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales

Post by Joss on 29.10.14 15:20

@palm tree wrote:Has there ever been a case where a parent was responsible for the death of their child and did not answer police questions? What I mean is, if a parent was responsible, did any refuse to answer? If they weren't involved, they'd answer and if they were involved, they'd answer as not to raise suspicion? In this case, abduction was claimed by the parents, and KM still didn't answer the police questions! eek
IMO
I think most of the ones that have been thought guilty have pretty much immediately lawyered up.

Joss

Posts : 1898
Reputation : 146
Join date : 2011-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales

Post by Joss on 29.10.14 15:26

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@palm tree wrote:Has there ever been a case where a parent was responsible for the death of their child and did not answer police questions? What I mean is, if a parent was responsible, did any refuse to answer? If they weren't involved, they'd answer and if they were involved, they'd answer as not to raise suspicion? In this case, abduction was claimed by the parents, and KM still didn't answer the police questions! eek
IMO

And if that wasn't 'bad' enough.................

Here we have the mother of the 'missing' child, Madeleine, on record, saying she was 'GLAD' the investigation into her daughter's 'disappearance' was CLOSED!

And just to confirm her 'view' about the investigation into her daughter's 'disappearance' we have her again, saying on record and video, 'whether the case (into her daughter, Madeleine, 'disappearance') is re-opened, or NOT, it dosen't MATTER'

I wonder how many 'relatives' of 'missing' people, she is an 'ambassador' for, share her 'views'?

"GLAD" their relative/s 'missing cases' were closed and it 'dosen't matter' if nobody is 'looking' out for THEIR 'missing' relatives.

thinking

Yeah the McCann's sure have come out with some doozies, that makes you ask wft Makes me wonder too where their heads are at?

Joss

Posts : 1898
Reputation : 146
Join date : 2011-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales

Post by MumofTwo on 29.10.14 16:55

Hi,
I very rarely post (mainly because I tend to read this forum at work) but I do lurk daily.
The article that PeterMac sent in was very interesting.
I come from a law enforcement background, from a government branch that requires officers to make "snap judgements" on people, after very little face to face contact so my instincts of 'guilty' indicators are strongly honed through a combination of training and expereince. The behaviour of the McCanns, from Day One, sent alarm bells ringing in my head, it was totally incongruous to any behaviour I had ever witnessed by people who had nothing to hide.
The quotes above intrigue me, as they depict a very different Gerry McCann from the ice-cold, together, calculating type we recognise from the media.
Do you think it this "praying like an Arab" to be consistent with what we have seen since?
It just doesn't add up!
 I wonder if the McC's, very early on, sensed the GNR's incredulity at their behaviour (which, at the time, K & G may have considered to be 'appropriate' to the scenario), and hence Mrs and Mrs McC changed tack shortly after, swinging from one extreme of reaction to the next....
Just a thought...

MumofTwo

Posts : 10
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales

Post by MumofTwo on 29.10.14 17:01

sorry- these are the quotes I'm referring to:

a distressed — he fell to his knees in front of the officers — Gerry McCann
 
 Gerry McCann, still apparently in a state of shock and at times hardly coherent,
 
at times he found their behaviour “unusual,” adding that, at one point, both of them knelt down on the floor of their bedroom and placed their heads on the bed, crying, although there were no tears. Clearly the whole scenario failed to form a consistent picture.

MumofTwo

Posts : 10
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales

Post by jeanmonroe on 29.10.14 17:21

MumofTwo wrote:

I wonder if the McC's, very early on, sensed the GNR's incredulity at their behaviour (which, at the time, K & G may have considered to be 'appropriate' to the scenario), and hence Mrs and Mrs McC changed tack shortly after, swinging from one extreme of reaction to the next....
====================================================

Well, the GNR/PJ/OC Manager certainly 'sensed', with 'incredulity' the 'story' fed to them, by the McCanns, about the 'smashed/forced/broken/jemmied' shutter!

As to HOW the burglator 'got in'!

The GNR/PJ/OC Manager 'dispelled THAT myth' within MINUTES of 'inspection'!

And then the 'back tracking/ change of tack' (by the McCanns) started!

Within MINUTES............. they'd been 'caught' lying!

And had gotten their 'friends and family' back in the UK, the next day, to REPEAT, ad nauseum, the 'lie' of the shutter, to the UK 'media'

KM KNEW the shutter hadn't been 'smashed' at all, but she still rammed down Jon C's throat at 3 am, 4th May 2007, in UK, to tell anyone, everyone, that the shutter to her apartment HAD been 'smashed'!

Which he dutifully DID!

Wonder how he felt when he found out the 'truth'?

He was hooked, lined and sinkered, by her!

And now, of course, JC is forever complicit, in whatever 'emerges' in this case.

"Once you have started with one lie you have to make up 1,000 lies to cover that one".

"Once they had started (within minutes) there was no turning back."

Welcome to the forum, btw, MumofTwo.  roses

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5132
Reputation : 885
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales

Post by j.rob on 23.02.15 15:00

@worriedmum wrote:'What do you mean you woke up?'


as opposed to

' What woke you up?'


Subtly different questions and a different emphasis on time-scale IMO

Well observed. 

'What do you mean you woke up?' is, highly significantly, imo, a question phrased in such a way that it is highly loaded.

As opposed to: 'What woke you up, Madeleine?' Or 'Why did you wake up?' 

The latter two are open questions without any obvious bias or emotional weight in which the person asking the question is genuinely wanting to find out what happened and why.

In the context of a very young child waking up and being distressed, the phrase: 'What do you mean?' could almost be construed as somewhat threatening. As in: 'What do you mean you woke up? That was not supposed to happen. How could it have happened? How dare you!'

Kate, imo, lashed out at some point when her poor little daughter tried to tell her something. She punished the very person she was supposed to be protecting. 

Hmmm. Well I have my theories about what happened. It is all very ugly indeed, imo.

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 225
Join date : 2014-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales

Post by j.rob on 23.02.15 15:06

@MumofTwo wrote:Hi,
I very rarely post (mainly because I tend to read this forum at work) but I do lurk daily.
The article that PeterMac sent in was very interesting.
I come from a law enforcement background, from a government branch that requires officers to make "snap judgements" on people, after very little face to face contact so my instincts of 'guilty' indicators are strongly honed through a combination of training and expereince. The behaviour of the McCanns, from Day One, sent alarm bells ringing in my head, it was totally incongruous to any behaviour I had ever witnessed by people who had nothing to hide.
The quotes above intrigue me, as they depict a very different Gerry McCann from the ice-cold, together, calculating type we recognise from the media.
Do you think it this "praying like an Arab" to be consistent with what we have seen since?
It just doesn't add up!
 I wonder if the McC's, very early on, sensed the GNR's incredulity at their behaviour (which, at the time, K & G may have considered to be 'appropriate' to the scenario), and hence Mrs and Mrs McC changed tack shortly after, swinging from one extreme of reaction to the next....
Just a thought...

I think that there was a last-minute 'disaster'. Someone or several people pulled out of the McScam at the last minute. This is not unconnected, imo, with the alleged encounter between TV director Jez Wilkins and Gerry McCann outside apartment 5A at shortly after 9pm. When Gerry had allegedly checked his children and all THREE were fine, or so he claims. Which probably means they weren't, imo.

The Mcs are prostrating themselves because they have literally been landed in it right up to their necks. It is that simple, imo. They are praying for their very lives.

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 225
Join date : 2014-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales

Post by dhpaul on 23.02.15 17:19

Its interesting that at the top of this website page the McCanns lawyer suggests that 90% of the Portuguese population believe they were connected to the disappearance.  Does anyone have any thoughts as to what the corresponding figure is in the UK?

dhpaul

Posts : 4
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2015-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales

Post by noseyparker on 23.02.15 17:39

@dhpaul wrote:Its interesting that at the top of this website page the McCanns lawyer suggests that 90% of the Portuguese population believe they were connected to the disappearance.  Does anyone have any thoughts as to what the corresponding figure is in the UK?
If all the facts and evidence where known to the public here I,d say the same as Portugal .Thats why they sued everybody who disagreed with their version of events

noseyparker

Posts : 78
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales

Post by margaret on 23.02.15 21:30

@noseyparker wrote:
@dhpaul wrote:Its interesting that at the top of this website page the McCanns lawyer suggests that 90% of the Portuguese population believe they were connected to the disappearance.  Does anyone have any thoughts as to what the corresponding figure is in the UK?
If all the facts and evidence where known to the public here I,d say the same as Portugal .Thats why they sued everybody who disagreed with their version of events
I would agree, times have definitely changed since 2007, barely anyone believes the Mccanns now.

margaret

Posts : 585
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cracked Mirror: Reflections on the McCann affair - The Policemen's Tales

Post by Guest on 23.02.15 22:01

@j.rob wrote:

I think that there was a last-minute 'disaster'. Someone or several people pulled out of the McScam at the last minute. This is not unconnected, imo, with the alleged encounter between TV director Jez Wilkins and Gerry McCann outside apartment 5A at shortly after 9pm. When Gerry had allegedly checked his children and all THREE were fine, or so he claims. Which probably means they weren't, imo.

The Mcs are prostrating themselves because they have literally been landed in it right up to their necks. It is that simple, imo. They are praying for their very lives.

j.rob, do you think it's possible that Oldfield was being set up to be the one who discovered the jemmied shutters etc?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum