The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 13 Mm11

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 13 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 13 Mm11

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 13 Regist10

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 13 Empty Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by HelenMeg 08.07.14 15:18

Latetothecase wrote:
Truthandjustice wrote:Also GM going on about dogs and trying to discredit them does not do him any favours. The video evidence is out there for all to see. Surely a more guileless reaction to the dogs would have been something along the lines of 'omg you think she is dead?! Omg' and working closely with PJ thereafter to ensure the perp is apprehended.

This is what's great about letting them speak. Their current focus gives the inner workings away.

'The dogs, the dogs the dogs'

'have to get childcare to come out here'

And of course the desperation imo of bringing in children publicly to their cause who were babies in cots at the time. This is the lowest they have ever sunk now to get cash imo.
I dont think this is about money - this is about them being declared 'innocent' in the eyes of the world.  The more he strives to achieve back the 'respect' the more he makes himself look like a nasty fool.
If nothing else, its a justice of sorts.
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 13 Empty Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by PeterMac 08.07.14 15:20

Sky news an hour or so ago.
Bruntie doing all the stuff from Lisbon.

Then healdlines, read by Kay B
!st headline - probably war or something
Second healine - Kuma case, where the mother is acused of killing . . . and then cried abduction . .

Cut back to Kay B, who despite her professionalism was looking absolutely stunned at what she had been required to read out.

I bet they will change the order of things by the next time.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochosi 08.07.14 15:24

Re wanting to know how much he GA made from his book, maybe they want to sue him for some of the recent things he's said and want to know how much he's got (albeit frozen) to see whether it's worth their while (on behalf of the twins, of course).
Ochosi

Activity : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Jauna Loca 08.07.14 15:27

Tangled Web wrote:For anybody who hasn't seen this, Sky report from last night with brief interview with the McCann's and info about the trial and GA's book.....

http://news.sky.com/story/1296995/mccanns-return-to-portugal-for-libel-trial

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was my understanding that Kate did not testify AT ALL in the libel case yet.
According to all the court transcripts the facts of Dr. Amaral's investigation were never challanged, just their
effects onthe McCanns. Is this pure fiction again?
Good luck Dr. Amaral: "Let right be done".
Jauna Loca
Jauna Loca

Activity : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamtheseeker 08.07.14 15:29

Good Luck Dr Amaral , hope the Judge sees the mccans lies as the world is watching . These two are the lowest of the low , what they expect ? People to feel sorry for a pair of hideous liars and child NEGLECTORS??
Iamtheseeker

Activity : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 08.07.14 15:31

Just a 'thought'

WAS GM's 'mention' of a 'SHE' outside court subliminally, specifically, aimed at JT?

SHE was 'supposed' to have been the last one of the holiday gang to have 'seen Madeleine being carried off'

And she's not a liar or fantasist is she?

The McCanns would throw her under the bus, in an instant, wouldn't they?

(to 'save' their scrawny necks)

"SHE was the last one to see Madeleine, not me, m'lady" 'says' GM.

"I had gone back to the tapas, i don't know what Jane did, she said she was going to check her kids, but i can't truthfully swear. 100%, that was what she did m'lady'

"KEEP YOUR GOB SHUT, J!"?

hmmmmm  thinking 

jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 08.07.14 15:32

Just looking at the Scrolling Banner where it says about Mrs. wanting Rocky A to feel fear.    I wonder if the judge is aware that she has said this but that she (Mrs.) could possibly forgive the abductor?

Rocky has made their lives miserable blah blah, they launch a libel trial against him.   An abductor snatches their eldest child never to be seen again and goodness knows what the abductor might have done to Maddie, but she could possibly forgive him/her/they??????????

Him/her/they is apparently what Mr. has said today in Portugal.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 13 Empty You've got to be quick.

Post by PeterMac 08.07.14 15:32

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 13 <a href=LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 13 1_j11" />

The McCanns are suing over the allegations in Mr Amaral's book, The Truth Of The Lie, which included suggestions they hid Madeleine's body after she died in an accident and faked an abduction.
AND / OR
She [Kular's mother] is also charged with attempting to defeat the ends of justice by lying to police, having allegedly made a 999 call in which she claimed her son had gone missing after climbing onto a stool and unlocking the front door of his home.

You've got to be quick as they changed the layout of the page just after I took the screenshot.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy 08.07.14 15:34

frost wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Colette Croft @collywobbles54  9 mins
SKY ticker #McCann hoping2 give VI statements at trial of former police chief who wrote book allegedly implicating them is M's disappearance

Am I reading that correctly 6 statements ? why 6 ? surely one would suffice 

or is it one for kate , gerry . sean . amelie , madeleine and then one on behalf of family and friends ?

6 statements?

Well it's 1 for the money,

2 for the show,

3 to get ready now go Kate go, but don't you, step on the PJ's shoes.

Thank you, thankyouverymuch .... uh huh.

dance    dance    dance
Gaggzy
Gaggzy

Activity : 514

Back to top Go down

Post by View-from-Ireland 08.07.14 15:35

PeterMac wrote:Sky news an hour or so ago.

Second healine - Kuma case, where the mother is acused of killing . . .  and then cried abduction . .

Cut back to Kay B, who despite her professionalism was looking absolutely stunned at what she had been required to read out.

Wow, talk about subliminals..

View-from-Ireland

Activity : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 08.07.14 15:41

I don't actually think the fact (if it is a fact) that Sean mentioned something from GA's book to his mother counts as extreme distress, disharmony or whatever else the McCanns are suing for. If Sean had then gone on to have serious emotional issues, or had failing grades in school, or something like that, then perhaps Kate might have a slim case in suggesting GA's book has led to problems for her kids. As it stands, I do believe if she's going to make statements about her children, she'd really need to back those up by allowing the kids to testify about their emotional states. Otherwise it's just hearsay, and very weak hearsay (IMO). So really it can only be about Kate and Gerry's emotional states as a result of GA's book, and so far I haven't read or seen anything that convinces me they're suffering. I'm hoping the judge is perceptive enough to come to the same conclusion.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 08.07.14 15:42

Gaggzy wrote:
frost wrote:
SKY ticker #McCann hoping2 give VI statements at trial of former police chief who wrote book allegedly implicating them is M's disappearance

or is it one for kate , gerry . sean . amelie , madeleine and then one on behalf of family and friends ?

6 statements?

2 for the show,

dance    dance    dance

I don't want to admit it, grrrrr, but that is funnier than ANYTHING i could think of!

As Jay from Inbetweeners would say '"BRILLIANT"

bravo 
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.07.14 15:43

Swannie wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:Anyone see if GM was wearing a 'FindMadeleine' GQWB?

IF he was he's a fcuking hypocrite, because he has been seen on at least two 'public' occasions NOT wearing one.
petunia                                                                                                                                                                                     "I see Gerry is wearing his wristband."

It would appear so........... Pity he's not wearing it as a necklace - that might shut him up.........

Lets stick to facts and preserve dignity. I really don't like your last remark. I believe, based on the evidence so far, that the parents are involved in the disappearance of their daughter. IMO. It is another matter if it can be proven, and until it is an established fact, posts as yours I take issue with, and it might put of new readers looking for facts and insightful discussions and theories.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 08.07.14 15:45

canada12 wrote:I don't actually think the fact (if it is a fact) that Sean mentioned something from GA's book to his mother counts as extreme distress, disharmony or whatever else the McCanns are suing for. If Sean had then gone on to have serious emotional issues, or had failing grades in school, or something like that, then perhaps Kate might have a slim case in suggesting GA's book has led to problems for her kids. As it stands, I do believe if she's going to make statements about her children, she'd really need to back those up by allowing the kids to testify about their emotional states. Otherwise it's just hearsay, and very weak hearsay (IMO). So really it can only be about Kate and Gerry's emotional states as a result of GA's book, and so far I haven't read or seen anything that convinces me they're suffering. I'm hoping the judge is perceptive enough to come to the same conclusion.
A child pyschologist's report would have helped a lot more than hearsay evidence imo.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 08.07.14 15:46

jeanmonroe wrote:Just a 'thought'

WAS GM's 'mention' of a 'SHE' outside court subliminally, specifically, aimed at JT?

I would say it's more to do with them trying to perpetuate the view that they are distanced from the crime, as in it could be a she or a he or anybody, a bonafide mystery of endless possibilities!  .....but then Gerry starts going on about predators who take children and keep them for years, he KNOWS it was a predator ...which contradicts the he/she thing because most predators are male. What a mess Gerry!
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissie 08.07.14 15:48

Gaggzy wrote:
frost wrote:

6 statements?

2 for the show,

dance    dance    dance
 big grin 

I think 'VI' may be Victim Impact statements
chrissie

Activity : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 08.07.14 15:49

Quasimodo: The bells! The bells! The fcuking bells!

GM: The dogs! The dogs! The fcuking dogs!

The Judge: "Shut the fcuk up!"
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 08.07.14 15:50

View-from-Ireland wrote:
PeterMac wrote:Sky news an hour or so ago.
Second healine - Kulma case, where the mother is acused of killing . . .  and then cried abduction . .
Wow, talk about subliminals..

It was VERY funny. I have e-mailed her to congratulate her on the "death-mask" she managed to keep.
It was one of the long completely motionless stares straight into the lens of the camera, and therefore into our eyes, which can be more expressive than any facial movement at all.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 08.07.14 15:50

Nº de votos (0)
Comentários (0)

Os pais de Madeleine McCann afirmaram esta terça-feira em tribunal que o livro do ex-inspetor da PJ, Gonçalo Amaral, 'é chocante' e foi 'uma afronta' para a família, da criança desaparecida no Algarve.

"Antes e durante a leitura do livro, senti angústia, desespero e raiva", declarou Gerry McCann, pai de Madeleine McCann, que desapareceu, na noite de 03 de maio de 2007. Já Kate McCann disse que sentiu "desespero por causa das injustiças" publicadas no livro do ex-inspetor da PJ, tendo sido "muito doloroso", uma vez que a publicação insinua a participação dos pais no desaparecimento da criança.

O casal McCann prestou declarações durante o julgamento que decorre no Palácio da Justiça, em Lisboa, do processo em que pedem uma indemnização de 1,2 milhões de euros por difamação ao ex-inspetor da PJ.

Parents of Madeleine McCann say book of Gonçalo Amaral "is shocking"

The parents of Madeleine McCann felt that the book challenged the continued investigation into the disappearance of her daughter
Today, 14h41
Number of votes (0)
Comments (0)

The parents of Madeleine McCann said on Tuesday in court that the book of former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral, 'is shocking' and was 'an affront' to the family of the missing child in the Algarve.

"Before and during the reading of the book, I felt anguish, despair and anger," said Gerry McCann, father of Madeleine McCann, who disappeared on the night of May 3, 2007. Already Kate McCann said she felt "despair because of the injustices "published in the book of former PJ inspector, having been" very painful "since the publication implies the participation of parents in the child's disappearance.

The McCanns gave evidence during the trial that takes place in the Palace of Justice in Lisbon, the process in which they seek compensation of EUR 1.2 million for defamation of former PJ inspector.

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/ultima-hora/pais-de-madeleine-mccann-dizem-que-livro-de-goncalo-amaral-e-chocante
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 08.07.14 15:53

canada12 wrote:I don't actually think the fact (if it is a fact) that Sean mentioned something from GA's book to his mother counts as extreme distress, disharmony or whatever else the McCanns are suing for. If Sean had then gone on to have serious emotional issues, or had failing grades in school, or something like that, then perhaps Kate might have a slim case in suggesting GA's book has led to problems for her kids. As it stands, I do believe if she's going to make statements about her children, she'd really need to back those up by allowing the kids to testify about their emotional states. Otherwise it's just hearsay, and very weak hearsay (IMO). So really it can only be about Kate and Gerry's emotional states as a result of GA's book, and so far I haven't read or seen anything that convinces me they're suffering. I'm hoping the judge is perceptive enough to come to the same conclusion.
I agree, what Sean said is hardly worth a million quid compensation.

Unless the Judge has been living on another planet, she will be fully aware of the McCann publicity machine and the thousands of headlines that have followed this case.  Trying to pin their distress down to the theory of Goncalo Amaral is ridiculous.  The groups and forums started long before Goncalo's book was released, and if indeed the 'search' was damaged, it was because of their arguido status and the release of the official police files.

I don't see any way they can win.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.07.14 15:55

jeanmonroe wrote:Quasimodo: The bells! The bells! The fcuking bells!

GM: The dogs! The dogs! The fcuking dogs!

The Judge: "Shut the fcuk up!"

jean calm down a bit, you think by changing the letters around you are not swearing  - well it still looks bad, so less of it please.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 08.07.14 15:56

plebgate wrote:
A child pyschologist's report would have helped a lot more than hearsay evidence imo.

Yes psychological assessments, medical or school reports would have carried some weight but, in interviews, they've always insisted the twins are fine.
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 08.07.14 16:05

Anyone see if GM was wearing a GQWB?
LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 13 Captur20
NOW YOU SEE IT (8th July 2014)
LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 13 Wooden13
NOW YOU DON'T  (3rd May 2014)
LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 13 Captur21
NOW YOU SEE IT, AGAIN. (8th July 2014)
LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 13 Wooden14
NOW YOU DON'T SEE IT, AGAIN (17th May 2014)

DISGUSTING, DISPICABLE, HYPOCRITE, TO THE POWER OF 29 ZILLION!

imo, obviously.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 08.07.14 16:08

Is Kate effectively saying that up until October last year, Amaral's book hadn't had any ill effect on Sean and Amelie so adding them to the list of litigants in 2010 was disingenuous at best?
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 08.07.14 16:08

Tony Bennett wrote:Irish newspaper just reported this:

Kate McCann tells libel trial of moment son asked about police chief's claims she hid Madeleine

Jul 08, 2014 12:02 By Paul Byrne

Kate and Gerry are suing Goncalo Amaral, the ex cop who wrote a book about the disappearance of their daughter, writes Paul Byrne in Lisbon

Kate McCann told a Portuguese court today how one of her twin children had asked her about claims she had hidden Madeleine.

Kate and Gerry are suing Goncalo Amaral, the ex cop who wrote a book about the disappearance of their daughter.

He claimed Madeleine had died in their holiday apartment and Kate and Gerry had covered up her death.

At the libel trial in Lisbon today, Kate spent 55 emotional minutes detailing the distress the book and follow-up TV documentary had caused them.

And she revealed the details of his outrageous claims had even reached their nine-year-old young children.

She said: “Sean asked me in October last year: 'Mr Amaral said you hid Madeleine, didn’t he?’

“I just said ‘he did, and he has said a lot of silly things.”

She said her son had heard abut the contents of the book on a radio news bulletin as he travelled on his school bus.

Kate, wearing a black and pink floral dress, also told of the devastating effects the book had had on their family.

She said: “I believe after the book things got worse and were compounded because we were in a more desperate situation and felt defeated.”

As she finished her evidence Kate, 46, said: “I do believe in freedom of speech, but I don’t believe freedom of speech means the freedom to slander.”

Madeleine, who was nearly four, disappeared from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in the Algarve on May 3 2007.

Her parents say Amaral’s false allegations damaged the hunt for their daughter and increased their anguish.

But the former cop, 56, insists everything written in the book was already contained in the public police and court case files.

The hearing continues.

I'm curious as to the radio news bulletin Sean heard while travilling 'on his school bus' as I haven't heard any of these brief announcements which have mentioned 'the contents' of 'The Truth of the Lie' in any great detail and every one I've listened to has devoted far more airtime to the McCanns' claims than those of Dr Amaral.  

Pending a transcript of every word KM said in court today, IMO the defence should ask for the date and time of this radio bulletin and request an adjournment in order to obtain a copy in order that they can address this late submission of specific verbal evidence pertaining to the McCanns' claim on behalf of the twins in closing arguments.  

As the twins are long past the age of magical thinking, I am concerned that Sean's question was dismissed in a one-sentence reply which appears to have taken no account of his fears or feelings about his elder sister having allegedly been 'hidden' by his mother (or parents) and which did nothing to provide him with information he could rely on when/if he was questioned by his peers at a later date.

I look forward to Hobs analysis of the  transcript of today's court proceedings in due course and, in passing, I find it significant that KM has apparently used the word 'slander' for that which should more properly be termed 'defamation' or 'libel'.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top