The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Could Gerry have been involved and hid it from Kate?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

solved Re: Could Gerry have been involved and hid it from Kate?

Post by pennylane on 22.06.14 16:01

@Justformaddie wrote:
@pennylane wrote:
@Justformaddie wrote:
@pennylane wrote:
@Justformaddie wrote:Has anybody any idea of why gm would be so nasty on the shuttle bus to dp (I think)? Holidaying with 3 very young children would be very stressful, but the rest had young children too and, "fu@k off I'm not here to enjoy myself" to me, a red flag. I don't know why, but for some reason I just can't get my head round it. Is this something to be worked out before the rest of the pieces fit? The kids on that bus weren't messing, crying or screaming, so I'm stuck to try to find an answer to this! Any help? Ta. huh
I think Gerry and Kate had a spat that morning over him not helping out.  His petulant reply (minus the foul language) is a fairly typical response of someone whose been accused by their partner of not pulling their weight, and has consequently been given a right rollicking.. probably from the time they got up that morning. I personally believe that particular bone of contention carried on throughout the holiday, and lead to the kids being sedated, and ultimately to Maddie's sad fate
Possibly, must be a complete prick to dampen the rest of the party with them then all IMO

Indeed, and judging by the 'cheer up Gerry you're on holiday' comment, it seems others had already noticed the negative vibes and tension between the Drs McCann.
Yes, taking into account dp remark does seem understandable now, thank you for getting me passed this bit! 
Now, onto the next part of their story, onwards and upwards  thanks
Glad to be of help, jfm x

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 22.06.14 16:30

@HelenMeg wrote:
@j.rob wrote:I have some very dark thoughts around the last few days before Madeleine 'was abducted'. 

If something (unexpected) happened to her, which entailed a change of plan. Something that maybe would have required treatment. 

Gerry: 'It's a disaster.'

Robert Murat: 'this is the biggest cock-up in history.

Jeremy Wilkins: 'Matt said XXXXX to the effect that Jerry's daughter had been abducted, and that Jerry said that he had met me and wanted to know if I had seen anything. I said 'You're joking'........We then went to bed.'

I find RM's statement interesting.
He could have said - 'this is just one big cock-up..'

But to say 'biggest cock-up in history' says a lot more than that. It implies he knew this was 'monumental l' and suggests the implications were massive - IMO.  

Yes. Herein I think lie some of the puzzles around 'sightings'.

Jane Tanner's 'Tanner-man' I think was a relatively 'last minute' concoction. Jeremy Wilkins would not go along with it.

Whether it was done as a cover for the Smith sighting (which, if the plan had gone wrong at this last minute I suppose could have been Gerry although does seem crazily risky) or whether it was to provide an alibi for Gerry. Who knows?

Jeremy Wilkins reported a blonde 'rasta-man'. Yet this 'sighting' is not included in Kate's book. Why? And if, as recorded, that man was identified as fellow guest Mike Sperrey, then where is his witness statement?

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 22.06.14 16:35

@j.rob wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:
@j.rob wrote:I have some very dark thoughts around the last few days before Madeleine 'was abducted'. 

If something (unexpected) happened to her, which entailed a change of plan. Something that maybe would have required treatment. 

Gerry: 'It's a disaster.'

Jeremy Wilkins: 'Matt said XXXXX to the effect that Jerry's daughter had been abducted, and that Jerry said that he had met me and wanted to know if I had seen anything. I said 'You're joking'........We then went to bed.'

I find RM's statement interesting.
He could have said - 'this is just one big cock-up..'

But to say 'biggest cock-up in history' says a lot more than that. It implies he knew this was 'monumental l' and suggests the implications were massive - IMO.  

Yes. Herein I think lie some of the puzzles around 'sightings'.

Jane Tanner's 'Tanner-man' I think was a relatively 'last minute' concoction. Jeremy Wilkins would not go along with it.

Whether it was done as a cover for the Smith sighting (which, if the plan had gone wrong at this last minute I suppose could have been Gerry although does seem crazily risky) or whether it was to provide an alibi for Gerry. Who knows?

Jeremy Wilkins reported a blonde 'rasta-man'. Yet this 'sighting' is not included in Kate's book. Why? And if, as recorded, that man was identified as fellow guest Mike Sperrey, then where is his witness statement?
It almost sounds as if there were 2 different directors and it ended up a monumental cock-up of stories  - which in the end was probably advantageous to Team Mc Cann as it created loads of confusion and red herrings

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 22.06.14 16:45

@suzyjohnson wrote:
@pennylane wrote:
@Justformaddie wrote:Has anybody any idea of why gm would be so nasty on the shuttle bus to dp (I think)? Holidaying with 3 very young children would be very stressful, but the rest had young children too and, "fu@k off I'm not here to enjoy myself" to me, a red flag. I don't know why, but for some reason I just can't get my head round it. Is this something to be worked out before the rest of the pieces fit? The kids on that bus weren't messing, crying or screaming, so I'm stuck to try to find an answer to this! Any help? Ta. huh
I think Gerry and Kate had a spat that morning over him not helping out.  His petulant reply (minus the foul language) is a fairly typical response of someone whose been accused by their partner of not pulling their weight, and has consequently  been given a right rollicking.. probably from the time they got up that morning. I personally believe that particular bone of contention carried on throughout the holiday, and lead to the kids being sedated, and ultimately to Maddie's sad fate

I expect something like that pennylane
I suspect that their marriage was anything but a bed of roses. Despite what Kate has written in her book. Neither of them appear to enjoy parenthood. I cannot see any evidence of their bonding with Madeleine. Not either of them. I would imagine that a week with his wife and three children under four was not his idea of fun. Plus holidaying with other parents and their children.

I am sure he perked up when the busty aerobics instructor appeared. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if this triggered an almighty row. Gerry inviting her to join the table I doubt was the cleverest move. 

If the marriage deteriorated after the children came along (as is not uncommon, especially if the parents have narcissistic tendencies) then Kate might have resented them. Especially Madeleine as she was the first, maybe. It may have already been highly strained by the IVF treatment which puts a lot of pressure on a marriage.

Plus then twins came along - a ready made family of a boy and girl and, tragically, Madeleine was considered a nuisance.

And if Madeleine was not Gerry's biological child, that might explain certain things. 

I get every impression that Gerry loathed family life - because it's not all about him and what he wants - so I can quite understand why he made that boorish remark. 

Gerry likes the Gerry show. 

In my opinion.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie on 22.06.14 17:03

@pennylane wrote:
@Justformaddie wrote:
@pennylane wrote:
@Justformaddie wrote:
@pennylane wrote:
I think Gerry and Kate had a spat that morning over him not helping out.  His petulant reply (minus the foul language) is a fairly typical response of someone whose been accused by their partner of not pulling their weight, and has consequently been given a right rollicking.. probably from the time they got up that morning. I personally believe that particular bone of contention carried on throughout the holiday, and lead to the kids being sedated, and ultimately to Maddie's sad fate
Possibly, must be a complete prick to dampen the rest of the party with them then all IMO

Indeed, and judging by the 'cheer up Gerry you're on holiday' comment, it seems others had already noticed the negative vibes and tension between the Drs McCann.
Yes, taking into account dp remark does seem understandable now, thank you for getting me passed this bit! 
Now, onto the next part of their story, onwards and upwards  thanks
Glad to be of help, jfm x
 roses And this way, we'll get to the bottom of it, no matter how long it takes!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.06.14 21:36

@j.rob wrote: [...]
And if Madeleine was not Gerry's biological child, that might explain certain things.  [...]
I don't understand, why this is being brought up again and again. The forensic reports were quite clear: the DNA was of a female natural child of both McCanns and it wasn't Amelie's.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 23.06.14 6:27

Châtelaine wrote:
@j.rob wrote: [...]
And if Madeleine was not Gerry's biological child, that might explain certain things.  [...]
I don't understand, why this is being brought up again and again. The forensic reports were quite clear: the DNA was of a female natural child of both McCanns and it wasn't Amelie's.

The only reason this issue was brought up in the first place was that it was relevant in the case of a real abduction where the natural parent could have taken the child.

The idea of secret siblings, G or K not being the parents are unnecessary complications imo. The DNA found in the car was admissible in UK courts.
The lack of Maddie's DNA in 5a can only be explained by extremely thorough cleaning and/or the likelyhood that she simply wasn't there most of that week.

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 12.10.14 15:11

This was posted today by someone on the Sack Martin Brunt facebook page.
Just wondering if anyone ever got to the bottom of that CAT file entry ?

Velino Simon
Today at 00:27
Gerry McCann was convicted for child sex abuses in 2002, althought the evidence has been hacked and emptied from the case file by someone who has access to the National Sex Offenders Register, namely Jim Gamble though the CEOP mainframe connected to every police station crime files in the UK, the reference for this conviction still exists in the judiscial reference files and confiemes that Gerald P McCann was placed on the Child Sex Offenders Register following conviction in court, and is still on that register today

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 12.10.14 15:15

A search of the local section of the child abuse shows a registration number 19309 in the CATS system. A consultation with the DC Soand from the department in question confirms that this is just a file reference, but as a complement to Operation Task system for the purpose of reference, if any investigation should be necessary by the department. No work has been done on the basis of this file.

Ref: http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MCCANNS_BACKGROUND.htm

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 12.10.14 15:22

THE CATS SYSTEM:SEE DESCRIPTION BELOW - So presumably 19039 record could relate to either Child Protection, Domestic Abuse and Vulnerable Adult - how do we know which it relates to ?

CATS

Overview

WPC has been supporting CATS (Case Administration and Tracking System), owned by Nottinghamshire Police, since 2007.  The system currently consists of three modules - Child Protection, Domestic Abuse and Vulnerable Adult.
The CATS system was developed in the absence of a national database for Child Protection, and in light of the recommendation in Lord Laming's Report into the death of Victoria Climbie that Chief Constables must ensure that their police force has in use an effective  Child Protection database and IT management system.
The Domestic Abuse module was developed later to complement the Child Protection system.  Further development was carried out by WPC to integrate the two modules along with a third for recording incidents involving Vulnerable Adults.

System Benefits

• CATS gives a much clearer picture of the child or vulnerable person referred to them. The data collected in CATS can be used to piece together vital information on family background of that individual, helping the user make more informed decisions.
• CATS may also be used to help identify previous accusations against suspects offering further lines of investigation and valuable information to help assess the safety of the vulnerable person.
• Incidents go through a managed process, from a new referral to a finalised incident. As a case is progressed, CATS validates the information collected and ensures the case has visibility to the relevant officers and staff members.
• Incident Reports can be generated for sharing of information between Police and Social Services.
• A full audit trail is available in CATS, which enables supervisors to monitor usage of the system.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 12.10.14 17:32

@HelenMeg wrote:This was posted today by someone on the Sack Martin Brunt facebook page.
Just wondering if anyone ever got to the bottom of that CAT file entry ?

Velino Simon
Today at 00:27
Gerry McCann was convicted for child sex abuses in 2002, althought the evidence has been hacked and emptied from the case file by someone who has access to the National Sex Offenders Register, namely Jim Gamble though the CEOP mainframe connected to every police station crime files in the UK, the reference for this conviction still exists in the judiscial reference files and confiemes that Gerald P McCann was placed on the Child Sex Offenders Register following conviction in court, and is still on that register today

Could you, or someone, send a message to this person and ask for more details? Eg what court, date etc?
It is important that this is verified before being assumed true.
Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.10.14 17:43

If it is true that he was convicted of child sex abuse then he wouldn't be working as a hospital doctor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 12.10.14 18:32

There is a thread on here somewhere (6 months ago maybe?,) discussing the press revelation of the number of doctors, still practicing, who have been convicted of sex offences, so although you would have thought they would have been struck off, they were allowed to continue.

Where is NFWTD when you need her? (Absconded with Candyfloss I see).

I will try and find it.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 12.10.14 19:23

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 12.10.14 19:25

Doctors with convictions can still practice if their licence hasn't been revoked.

There could be restrictions on the type of work they do, requirements such as retraining or being supervised for X amount of time, the type of work they can do, restrictions on patients they can treat/have access to and any number of other limits depending on the type of crime and resultant conviction, length of sentence if applicable or penalties ( fines, probation etc)

if for example a doctor was found guilty of a sexual crime against patients, if he managed to keep his licence, he would have to undergo retraining, be supervised and likely banned from dealing with patients of a certain gender or age group depending on the nature of the crime.

With gerry, he has limited contact with patients.

kate no longer works as a GP>

Whether this was her choice or the practice decided they could no longer employ a GP who as admitted to child neglect on a nightly basis resulting in the disappearance of one of her children i don't know.

As a GP she is obliged to report any case of neglect or abuse in her patients, how could she do so without the accused saying hang on you admitted neglect  with the resultant disappearance of one of your children, how dare you accuse me and cause me to lose my child(ren) when you got away scot free and kept yours?

The resultant bad publicity for the practice would cause an exodus  of patients.

Kate as a GP is a liability for any employer.

gerry i suspect is given minimal access to patients, they will likely be adults, he will likely  have someone with him and i  suspect the hospital will offer the patient a different cardiologist if they wish, given his notoriety.

Since he hasn't been charged with a crime as of yet, they are limited in the action they take against him.
If they try to dismiss him he would take them to a tribunal and win meaning even more money in his pocket.

I suspect that gerry is stuck there for now since no other hospital is going to take on a dr who has failed to clear himself of a serious crime (homicide, concealment of a corpse and filing a false police report) through cooperation and who has openly admitted to child neglect on a daily basis.

Promotion for gerry i would think is out the window, he is now effectively in a dead end job, in a hospital that doesn't want him there, with staff and patients who dislike or even loath him.
It is a waiting game, will he decide enough is enough and quit?
The best case scenario for the hospital as no tribunal or comensation.

Will he hang on until he is finally charged and then the hospital can suspend him till the case is over?

Will he continue shuffling bits of paper and seeing the odd patient in a place he hates until he retires?

Will he quit medicine altogeather and try and get into a nother job, perhaps politics or some charitable good cause?

We shall see,

Once a crime has been committed, it cannot be uncommitted.

Researcher/Analyst

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 12.10.14 19:31

Ladyinred wrote:If it is true that he was convicted of child sex abuse then he wouldn't be working as a hospital doctor.

This is most emphatically not the case, Lir.

Despite numerous efforts to prevail on the GMC to join the real world, the fact is that it remains a law unto itself as evidenced by the fact that it has licensed more than 750 doctor who have criminal convictions which may prohibit employment in other fields to continue working in the UK's health services:  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10470951/Hundreds-of-convicted-doctors-still-practising.html

The final sentence of the above report in the Telegraph reads: "For serious convictions the GMC will almost always call for the doctor to be removed from the register.” from which it can be deduced that, even where a doctor is oonvicted of serious offences, the GMC does not always call for him/her to be removed from the register of those licensed to practise medicine.
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 12.10.14 19:31

Maybe Gerry hid Kate's pants of ganga?
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 12.10.14 19:46

The happy couple plus POG.

The lovely Kate.
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff on 12.10.14 20:04

Why is it in every picture and interview we see Kate holding on to Gerry? be it his thight, arm or his hand.. Imo most couples are happy with each other and don't feel the need to be clingy- Yet these two seem to LITTERALLY cling o each other when ther is a camera about...

Is the touchy/feely aka as SIGNALLING?
I have watched many interviews and they always seem to be CONNECED  by the hand oon some part of the body
(in KM case she signals via Gm groin area)
(In GM case he signals via her hand)

OR IS IT ME?
Dont Make Me Laff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 12.10.14 20:07

@Dont Make Me Laff wrote:Why is it in every picture and interview we see Kate holding on to Gerry? be it his thight, arm or his hand.. Imo most couples are happy with each other and don't feel the need to be clingy- Yet these two seem to LITTERALLY cling o each other when ther is a camera about...

Is the touchy/feely aka as SIGNALLING?
I have watched many interviews and they always seem to be CONNECED  by the hand oon some part of the body
(in KM case she signals via Gm groin area)
(In GM case he signals via her hand)

OR IS IT ME?

yeah.. signals... as on the Irish TV interview when Gerry blurted that Kate slept in the kids room on TUESDAY night "when Amelie was crying".
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff on 12.10.14 21:05

I knew I could rely on u bb
thanks
It means a lot
Dont Make Me Laff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XTC on 12.10.14 22:14

@ChippyM wrote:I have thought it may not be as black and white as Kate being fooled by Gerry that it was an abduction. What if one parent was made to feel a death  was their fault entirely...then they might go along with the plan of the other parent to cover-up the death. So they would be complicit in a staged abuduction but not 100% aware of the true circumstances of the death.

The only reason I have ever considered this theory is the Gaspar statement. If that statement is accurate then you start questioning the likelyhood of one parent being involved in abuse whilst the other one doesn't know. If one parent wanted to cover up abuse they might do everything possible to convince their partner that they were just covering up an accident. Of course it is also possible that some parents willingly cover up abuse by partners.
The downer on this theory for myself is the shutters/door/curtains evidence.

Mrs McCann has described in TV reconstructions and elsewhwere that the slightly open door closed first which was what made her open the door fully.

The physics of that happening make it necessary for another door or window to be open in the apartment. The bedroom door doesn't so much blow shut but is almost sucked shut by fall in air pressure from the opposite side of the door in question. What should have happened is that the opening of the patio door should have lowered the pressure in the living room and the bedroom door should/could have slammed due to that. before she felt the door slam. Also she should have said it was difficult to reopen the bedroom door as the air pressure in the bedroom would be more pronounced.

In order to get the wind to blow the curtains in a whoosh like manner you need the shutters up and the sliding window open. Even then only one of the curtains could be capable of whooshing ( the one where the wind blows through). They couldn't booth whoosh.

The PJ photographs show both curtains trapped between the wall and the side of the bed under the window. If they whooshed how did they whoosh back to become trapped between the wall and the bed? It's impossible unless you moved the bed. No-one reported about moving the bed.

As far as I'm aware only Amy Tierney witnessed the lifted shutters. There are recountings of many shutter testings also but no fingerprints
of use were found.

Finally: If the wind was blowing round my ears and I couldn't discern whether my child was in bed ( despite panicking ) I'd turn the light on
to make sure.

I can't go with the theory of Mrs Mccann not knowing.

All opinion though

XTC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 13.10.14 2:21

@XTC wrote:
@ChippyM wrote:I have thought it may not be as black and white as Kate being fooled by Gerry that it was an abduction. What if one parent was made to feel a death  was their fault entirely...then they might go along with the plan of the other parent to cover-up the death. So they would be complicit in a staged abuduction but not 100% aware of the true circumstances of the death.

The only reason I have ever considered this theory is the Gaspar statement. If that statement is accurate then you start questioning the likelyhood of one parent being involved in abuse whilst the other one doesn't know. If one parent wanted to cover up abuse they might do everything possible to convince their partner that they were just covering up an accident. Of course it is also possible that some parents willingly cover up abuse by partners.
The downer on this theory for myself is the shutters/door/curtains evidence.

Mrs McCann has described in TV reconstructions and elsewhwere that the slightly open door closed first which was what made her open the door fully.

The physics of that happening make it necessary for another door or window to be open in the apartment. The bedroom door doesn't so much blow shut but is almost sucked shut by fall in air pressure from the opposite side of the door in question. What should have happened is that the opening of the patio door should have lowered the pressure in the living room and the bedroom door should/could have slammed due to that. before she felt the door slam. Also she should have said it was difficult to reopen the bedroom door as the air pressure in the bedroom would be more pronounced.

In order to get the wind to blow the curtains in a whoosh like manner you need the shutters up and the sliding window open. Even then only one of the curtains could be capable of whooshing ( the one where the wind blows through). They couldn't booth whoosh.

The PJ photographs show both curtains trapped between the wall and the side of the bed under the window. If they whooshed how did they whoosh back to become trapped between the wall and the bed? It's impossible unless you moved the bed. No-one reported about moving the bed.

As far as I'm aware only Amy Tierney witnessed the lifted shutters. There are recountings of many shutter testings also but no fingerprints
of use were found.

Finally: If the wind was blowing round my ears and I couldn't discern whether my child was in bed ( despite panicking ) I'd turn the light on
to make sure.

I can't go with the theory of Mrs Mccann not knowing.

All opinion though

V. true - and also her refusal to answer 48 questions...how does that fit in with a co-operative witness?

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 13.10.14 4:55

It doesn't matter how the McC's spin and twist their stories, the blame for Madeline being missing always still falls squarely on their shoulders for leaving those little ones home alone with no adult supervision.
Wouldn't any rational thinking person know to leave little ones of that age alone even for a few minutes has the possibility of ending in tragedy? They are both doctors so they should have known what those possibilities were.
My theory is they drugged their children as there is evidence of that, with all the panic in their apartment after it was discovered their daughter was missing, and the twins never woke up, so much so that K. Mc. had to check they were breathing. What does that tell us? Why didn't they get them checked at the nearest hospital? The McC's obviously didn't feel any urgency to do so. Why not? Would it have been discovered they had something in their system that could of incriminated them?
Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum