The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Kate McCann's friend 'Amanda'

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kate McCann's friend 'Amanda'

Post by Hicks on 08.02.14 21:57

This may be old news, apologies if so.  According to this site Kate's friend Amanda ( the one she rang very early in the morning) has a husband who just happens to be a pathologist. I didn't know this info.

http://madeleinemccann.org/index.php?action=artikel&cat=3&id=1&artlang=en.
Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann's friend 'Amanda'

Post by sharonl on 08.02.14 22:27

@Hicks wrote:This may be old news, apologies if so.  According to this site Kate's friend Amanda ( the one she rang very early in the morning) has a husband who just happens to be a pathologist. I didn't know this info.

Amanda Coxon? http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/AMANDA-COXON.htm

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.02.14 22:38

@sharonl wrote:
@Hicks wrote:This may be old news, apologies if so.  According to this site Kate's friend Amanda ( the one she rang very early in the morning) has a husband who just happens to be a pathologist. I didn't know this info.

Amanda Coxon? http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/AMANDA-COXON.htm

She was supposed to be Kate`s cleaner wasn`t she ?

She is shown on 192 as living with a Paul Whitaker in Leicester.

A Paul Whitaker works at Leicester Royal Infirmary.  He is mentioned in the acknowledgements of a few scientific papers as probably doing some of the analyses.

He also applied to become a member of Erowid which (from Wiki) is "a non-profit educational organization that provides information about psychoactive plants and chemicals as well as activities that can produce altered states of consciousness such as meditation and lucid dreaming.
Erowid documents legal and illegal substances, including their intended and adverse effects. Information on Erowid.org is gathered from diverse sources including published literature, experts in related fields, and the experiences of the general public. Erowid acts as a publisher of new information as well as a library for the collection of documents and images published elsewhere."

That was back in 1999 -  http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/law/countries/uk/uk_misuse_phen_2.shtml

See at bottom of the Minutes of the Meeting.
Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 09.02.14 1:07

He also applied to become a member of Erowid which (from Wiki) is "a non-profit educational organization that provides information about PSYCHOACTIVE PLANTS.........
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh please, don't give Pinky any more 'innocent explanations' to leek (sic) to the UK Madia!

"IT WUZ THEM TRIFFIDS WOT DUN IT, INNIT?"

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 09.02.14 1:59

Not quite sure how to do this, at the bottom of this thread is a 'similar topics' section. One of them is entitled 'Heartfelt letter from Kate Mccann' (or words to that effect.) I can't seem to link the post as it comes up as an outside article rather than a topic

One thing I often do is subsume my child's name in place of the name Madeleine when reading things the parents have said, in order to get a grip on their mindset. In the case of this letter, I can't help but feel that it is written as an attempt to try to prove innocence. It is too short, the paragraphs are too spaced out to try to make it look as if more has been said (suggesting to me the author is trying to gloss over) and there is no emotion there. Can you imagine the letter you would have written if you genuinely lost your own child?

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.
whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.02.14 10:12

If you put 'dr paul whittaker leicester infirmary' into Google an entry comes up for a chemical pathologist of that name and what looks to be a disciplinary pdf document. Is this the same person as the person being discussed who is the partner of Amanda Coxon?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 09.02.14 10:30

MILLIE wrote:If you put 'dr paul whittaker leicester infirmary' into Google an entry comes up for a chemical pathologist of that name and what looks to be a disciplinary pdf document. Is this the same person as the person being discussed who is the partner of Amanda Coxon?

Whoever is in that document seems they have got themselves in a bit of trouble in the past.

Mr. Whittaker was advised that his fitness to practice as a registered health professional is impaired by reason of his convictions on 30th April 2003 at Leicester Crown Court for obtaining pecuniary advantage by deception 

Leicester again, seems a coincidence if it is not the same person.
Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.02.14 10:37

@Pershing36 wrote:
MILLIE wrote:If you put 'dr paul whittaker leicester infirmary' into Google an entry comes up for a chemical pathologist of that name and what looks to be a disciplinary pdf document. Is this the same person as the person being discussed who is the partner of Amanda Coxon?

Whoever is in that document seems they have got themselves in a bit of trouble in the past.

Mr. Whittaker was advised that his fitness to practice as a registered health professional is impaired by reason of his convictions on 30th April 2003 at Leicester Crown Court for obtaining pecuniary advantage by deception 

So we have ROB who 'owes' Gerry for something regarding his professional behavior, and now close acquaintance nr 2 mr Whittaker, in the same professional tight spot?

Coincidence coincidence.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 09.02.14 11:11

@Portia wrote:
@Pershing36 wrote:

So we have ROB who 'owes' Gerry for something regarding his professional behavior, and now close acquaintance nr 2 mr Whittaker, in the same professional tight spot?

Coincidence coincidence.
The Paul Whittaker, lied about gaining a Ph.D, which brought on the disciplinary investigation. He had gained a post at Leicester Infirmary based on this lie, and cheated on his colleagues, which destroys any trust in him.
He left Leics and moved to Abergavenny (before the hearing was complete) which is less than an hour from Cardiff, even less to Newport.
Where was that phone number of Kate's for Wales....does the dialling code tally with Abergavenny area.
He also was connected with the Southampton University Hospital Trust. Funny how that Dr. Leal (the Lying programme) was attached to Southampton University.... connected at all?
It's worth reading the court transcript at this site :-

http://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hpc-uk.org%2Fassets%2Fdocuments%2F10000AF1FTP00092RichardWhitaker.pdf&ei=kWL3UuXbEeKH0AW0ioH4CA&usg=AFQjCNG0usR0O7EtJtp-0TOGrRXWNz64zw&bvm=bv.60983673,d.d2k

ETA, http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/dr-paul-whittaker/17/329/555 There is also this Paul Whittaker, apparently there are several, so we need to be sure which one is being referred to. Nevertheless, the Paul Whittaker, also known as Richard Paul Whittaker of Leicester Infirmary, did go through a disciplinary investigation and court judgement.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 09.02.14 12:26

The Welsh phone call was from Swansea if I recall correctly.  Swansea is an 01792 and Abergavenny is 01873.

Can anyone confirm it was Swansea?
Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 09.02.14 12:34

If you look up Amanda J Coxon on 192 it shows she lives with a Paul Whitaker (WITH JUST ONE `T`).  And that Paul Whitaker is the one, as I stated before, who applied to join Erowid.
Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.02.14 12:47

She's a year out with the twins' date of birth on her police statement.

A typo possibly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 09.02.14 12:48

Wow, this thread has moved on. I have a busy day ahead, also I have to go to work so can't devote the time to research further but well done to those that have made a connection. I feel there is something significant about Amanda and her husband.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 09.02.14 13:03

@Woofer wrote:If you look up Amanda J Coxon on 192 it shows she lives with a Paul Whitaker (WITH JUST ONE `T`).  And that Paul Whitaker is the one, as I stated before, who applied to join Erowid.

I think it would be very rare for two people to have almost the same name Mr. Richard Paul Whit(t)aker, be working in the same dept, same hospital, same time.
To my mind a spelling mistake but the same person. I could be wrong of course, but it seems a coincidence if so, in which case apologies to whichever Whit(t)aker it isn't.

…………………………………….
Clinical Science (1996) 91, (467–474) (Printed in Great Britain)
Original Paper
Effect of Treatment with Calcium Antagonists in Vitro and in Vivo on the Contractile Response of Isolated Rat and Human Detrusor Muscle
Ruth A. Elliott, Robert I. Norman*, Stuart G. Parker, R. Paul Whitaker† and C. Mark Castleden
Division of Medicine for the Elderly, University of Leicester, Leicester General Hospital, Leicester, U.K., † Toxicology Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, U.K., and * Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Leicester, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, U.K.

Key words: calcium antagonist, human, rat, urinary bladder.
Abbreviations used: BPH, benign prostatic hyperplasia; EFS, electrical field stimulation.
Correspondence: Dr R. A. Elliott, Division of Medicine for the Elderly, University of Leicester, Leicester General Hospital, Gwendolen Road, Leicester LE5 4PW, U.K.

………………………………………………………………………………………….

Below, taken from the disciplinary investigation:
Snipped:

1 PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL

2 Health Professions Council,
Park House,
3 184 Kennington Park Road,
London SE11 4BU
Tuesday, 3rd February 2004

IN THE MATTER OF MR. RICHARD PAUL WHITTAKER

8 RECORD OF PROCEEDINGS
Conduct and Competence Panel Hearing
………….

To summarise, however, Mr. Whittaker was employed by

11 the Chemical Pathology Department at the Leicester Royal

12 Infirmary between January 1993 and September 2000.
In 1998

13 he began working on a PhD course at Sheffield Hallam

14 University. In the summer of 2000 he advised his colleagues

15 that he had completed the final Viva stage of this PhD and

16 had therefore been awarded a doctorate. His colleagues were

17 somewhat surprised as the period involved seemed to be too

18 short. However, during the same period, Mr. Whittaker handed

19 in his notice to the Leicester Royal Infirmary and went to

20 work in outside industry in Abergavenny.

21 On 23rd December 2000 a new post of senior clinical

22 scientist in the Chemical Pathology Department, again at the

23 Leicester Royal Infirmary, was advertised in the New

24 Scientist magazine. The advert stated that a PhD or an

25 MRPath qualification was a requirement. A Dr. Madira, who

1 had previously been Mr. Whittaker's manager at the Leicester

2 Royal Infirmary, made him aware of his new post,

snipped

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 09.02.14 13:46

Just found this link, scroll down to *discrepancies* where it says that Dr Paul Whitaker ,of Leicester, and Amanda Coxon share the same address. Amanda Coxon appears to have been the babysitter and Cleaner to the McCann's

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann/DIscrepancies-by-Topic/DISCREPANCY-LIST-1-829580.html.
Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 09.02.14 14:07

@whmon wrote:Not quite sure how to do this, at the bottom of this thread is a 'similar topics' section. One of them is entitled 'Heartfelt letter from Kate Mccann' (or words to that effect.) I can't seem to link the post as it comes up as an outside article rather than a topic

One thing I often do is subsume my child's name in place of the name Madeleine when reading things the parents have said, in order to get a grip on their mindset. In the case of this letter, I can't help but feel that it is written as an attempt to try to prove innocence. It is too short, the paragraphs are too spaced out to try to make it look as if more has been said (suggesting to me the author is trying to gloss over) and there is no emotion there. Can you imagine the letter you would have written if you genuinely lost your own child?

http://justice4mccannfam.5forum.biz/t467-a-heartfelt-letter-from-kate-mccann-to-paul-rebelo

whmon, I've added the link for you from the bottom of the page.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 09.02.14 14:11

Thank you Newintown.

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.
whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.02.14 14:26

@Hicks wrote:Just found this link, scroll down to *discrepancies* where it says that Dr Paul Whitaker ,of Leicester, and Amanda Coxon share the same address. Amanda Coxon appears to have been the babysitter and Cleaner to the McCann's

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann/DIscrepancies-by-Topic/DISCREPANCY-LIST-1-829580.html.

So why would she ring this woman? Well it wouldn't be to chat about either babysitting or cleaning at that time of night would it? Seems she was just another on the random friend list she could unburden to. I personally cannot understand why phoning any family members or friends in the UK would have been any use whatsoever in actually finding Madeleine at that crucial time when, theoretically she might have been found within minutes within the vicinity. If that had happened, Kate would have had to ring them all back a few minutes later and say, Sorry, false alarm...etc Besides which, what could anyone in the UK have done? Wouldn't she have done everything possible first to search and surely it should have been absolutely a last reaction to call the nearest and dearest in the small hours of the morning with such shocking news. Particularly her poor Dad with his frail state of health. At least you would wait til daylight and see if the little one turned up.

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 09.02.14 14:52

@whmon wrote:Not quite sure how to do this, at the bottom of this thread is a 'similar topics' section. One of them is entitled 'Heartfelt letter from Kate Mccann' (or words to that effect.) I can't seem to link the post as it comes up as an outside article rather than a topic

While she calls the accusations and media smearing secundairy, those are the only events she took action on.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 09.02.14 14:56

I can't imagine writing a letter under these circumstances as I would be camped outside of this man's office ready to throw myself round his ankles the moment he appeared. 

Fwiw, any 'heartfelt' pleas made by Kate, Gerry, or their assorted relatives, have served to convince me that none of them have hearts of a type which I regard as being human, which is a tad ironic given the wee one's choice of medical speciality. 

Maybe cardiologists who view the heart simply as one of the major organs of the body have a clinical advantage over those of their colleagues who continue to view it as the seat of a range of human emotions but, be that as it may, IMO there was and is no place in whatever passes for Dr Gerald Patrick McCann's heart for his daughter, Madeleine.
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 09.02.14 15:25

Here it is- feels to me like a PR exercise, three months after escaping from Portugal.

Published in the Telegraph well in time for Christmas I see.  Some considerable help in constructing this. starting with the implied non - reading of the letter by Rebelo.

This is the full text of Kate McCann's letter to Paulo Rebelo, the detective who took over the Madeleine McCann investigation in October last year
: 4th December 2007

Dear Mr Rebelo,

I hope you do not mind me writing to you and that you will read my letter. I am Madeleine McCann's mother.

I am not sure if you are a parent or not, but for my husband and myself, and the whole of our family, the last seven months has been the most difficult, sad and unbearable time that any parent could possibly imagine. Madeleine is the most precious thing in our life.

As her mother, the pain and anxiety I feel for her is indescribable and the feeling of helplessness overwhelming. The 'accusations' and media smearing, although upsetting, are very much secondary.

I am appealing to you as a fellow human being to work with us (if possible include us) and to remember that we are Madeleine's parents and have needs.

With regard to this latter point, I would be grateful if you were able to keep us informed to some degree as to how the investigation is going - what work is being done to help find our daughter etc.

I'm sure you will agree that this request is not unreasonable and is in fact humane.

I am fairly familiar now with the workings of 'judicial secrecy' but even if we could have a little bit of information in the broadest of terms it would help.

Lack of communication and a void of information, particularly as the parent of a missing child, is torture. We will continue to work with the PJ (and are keen to do so as soon as possible!) as we have done since that moment when I discovered that Madeleine had been taken.

This shouldn't be about 'finger-pointing blame', nor should it be about differences in culture. It should be about a beautiful, innocent little girl who is still missing. She is the victim in all of this.

It would be good for Madeleine if we could all work together to help find her and the person(s) who took her.

I would be very grateful if you could give some thought and consideration to my letter and look forward to your reply. I can only ask.

Yours sincerely,

Kate McCann.

Eta: In the following months the PJ wanted to come to the UK to question the McCanns but they managed to get out of it with the help of ? Smith?
In the preceding months the PJ had a list of questions for them which, if answered, would relieve them from their arguido status. Didn't work both ways then, this appeal for information.

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 09.02.14 16:01

Thanks Tigger.  When reading, the first thing I ask is how exactly does she want to be informed ?  Where is the request for a meeting, the offer to jump on a plane to meet at a moments notice ?  Of course, at that point, setting foot in Portugal was never going to happen.  So, an email ?  A letter ? A phone call ?  No, you come to us Mr Rebelo ?

What a stark contrast this is to Sofia Leal's letter to Kate McCann.  The emotion in Ms Leals letter jumps off the page, leaving the reader in no doubt about the emotion, pain and depth of feeling with which it is written.

"We have needs" Kate says in her letter.  That sums it up nicely.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.02.14 20:15

MILLIE wrote:
So why would she ring this woman?

Maybe she urgently needed to speak to somebody that she really, really trusted.....

.....to cancel the home shopping delivery.

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 10.02.14 2:20

As Kate delegated the task of cancelling the online shop delivery to Auntie Janet on Friday 4 May 2007, it may be she had more pressing matters on her mind when she called her dear friend Amanda in the very early hours and that those matters were more pressing than actively participating in the search for her daughter.
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.02.14 8:14

@ultimaThule wrote:As Kate delegated the task of cancelling the online shop delivery to Auntie Janet on Friday 4 May 2007, it may be she had more pressing matters on her mind when she called her dear friend Amanda in the very early hours and that those matters were more pressing than actively participating in the search for her daughter.

Like urgently consulting her cleaners' pathologist mate about a little medical problem arisen on holiday, you mean?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum