The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 13 Mm11

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 13 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 13 Mm11

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 13 Regist10

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 13 Empty Re: McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Post by Dont Make Me Laff 19.06.14 20:29

Have K & G not worked out that all the while they are stealing the Media spot light their daughter fades into the shadows?  Or is that the aim? (imho)
Dont Make Me Laff
Dont Make Me Laff

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 13 Empty Re: McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Post by Mirage 19.06.14 20:51

PIForHire wrote:Does anyone know if damages are taxable?

Not on the capital amount, but on any interest earned - as far as I know. It would follow the same rule as a lottery win, I think. Stand to be corrected though.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 19.06.14 22:33

I don't believe the McCanns have any financial backers left.  In November 2010, one month after losing the book banning, they were fundraising with a vengeance!  Once again they were touring the TV studios with a new campaign.  The online Petition with the handy paypal button if I remember correctly.  Gerry was giving a painstaking breakdown on what 'your cash would go on'.  £10 for a 24 hotline, £20 to run the office for an hour, £30 for zillions of good quality wristbands that sort of thing.  They were sending out begging letters to all their usual donors and of course the celebrity handbag sale (celebrities were asked to donate bags for auction - proceeds to the Fund). 

At that time, they took shameless to an eye popping level, even for them - they were broke imo.  Kate's book followed 6 months later.  Not forgetting that during this time they were also fighting Tony Bennett on another front, using Britain's top (most expensive) libel lawyers Carter Ruck.  Tony faced about 4 top barristers, if I remember correctly? Their case against Tony cost them at least £350k.

They are not only paying libel lawyers.  They have at least 5 other firms in their employ, including criminal and extradition experts. The McCanns are big, big spenders, they have got through at least £4m through the Fund.  No millionaire, or billionaire would ever back a vexatious litigant.  It would be like funding a compulsive gamble's trip to Vegas.  Successful people get where they are because they know when stop as well as when to go full speed ahead.  The McCanns clearly don't listen to anyone and they have no 'off' switch

They are completely insane.  We have known it for a long time and its slowly dawning on the rest of the world, but those who were handing over the big bucks, withdrew pretty early on. At the last major fundraiser for Maddie's Fund, the 1000 day shindig, there was talk of Richard Branson being there and indeed JK Rowling, but there was no sign of them.   

The McCanns could have got away with claiming far more support than they had, but eager to show off their physical prowess with their marathon and triathlons, the McCanns showed very few people are donating money to them or their causes anymore.  There were no big names (other than Hugh Grant) and no big anonymous donations.  I think the McCanns are very much on their own now.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 20.06.14 0:21

Great post Cristobell. This:"Their case against Tony cost them at least £350k.". 

It is staggering/unbelievable the amount of money they paid, donated by the sheeple, to try and silence TB. Why didn't they spend this money "searching" for the daughter they abandoned?

I think the McCanns are very much on their own now.

Definitely. They were all alone on the steps of the courthouse on Monday. Just the pair of them and their anger.
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 20.06.14 1:03

I believe GM can't wait for the day to rid himself of the 'mill stone' that is K.

He dosen't even wear his FindMadeleine GQWB, in public, and hasn't since 4th May 2014, and dosen't, it seems, care about who sees him, not wearing it.

The 'game' is very nearly up, and he knows it, imo.

Can you imagine the 'conversation' in that car after they left the court steps?

After her 'bleating' about the horrendous efforts she has to go to, to 'arrange child care' for her two remaining kids.

If looks could kill, Madeleine would not have been the only 'dead' McCann in Portugal, imo.

They are 'stuck' with each other until the libel case is over.

If they 'win' they MIGHT do the tv 'rounds'

If they lose, he'll be gone faster than you can say 'where you going?'

All imo, obviously.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 20.06.14 1:39

jeanmonroe wrote:I believe GM can't wait for the day to rid himself of the 'mill stone' that is K.

He dosen't even wear his FindMadeleine GQWB, in public, and hasn't since 4th May 2014, and dosen't, it seems, care about who sees him, not wearing it.

After her 'bleating' about the horrendous efforts she has to go to, to 'arrange child care' for her two remaining kids.

If looks could kill, Madeleine would not have been the only 'dead' McCann in Portugal, imo.

All imo, obviously.

The game may have been over since the "busty one" entered the fray.

Was it the "Daily Express" (I can't remember which paper it was now) that showed on the top of their front page a few days ago two over flowing champagne glasses pressed together, to me it looked like the cleavage of a very busty woman who was at the OC on a certain quiz night.  Were they dropping a hint - ooh I'm not one to speculate.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 20.06.14 6:06

Miraflores wrote:Since they maintain that they have no idea where Madeleine is,  and since Gerry has always maintained that there is no airvidence that she has come to any harm - how can they claim that she has been damaged in any way by Amaral's statements?

The dig makes a hugh dent to their "she may be alive" mantra.
If Gerry were to have the audacity to repeat his incongruent mantra when he takes the stand on oath, coming on the back of the dig, that will be quite something to behold.
I have no doubt he will be repeating that in Court as I cant see him having any thing factual to say that will support his case.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 20.06.14 7:23

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 13 Page18_McCann
http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/mccann-libel-case-pushed-back-to-july/31893

Unimportant, but just wondering what the oval shaped bump is under K's dress? Just above the 'knot'.
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 20.06.14 9:32

Lance De Boils wrote:McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 13 Page18_McCann
http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/mccann-libel-case-pushed-back-to-july/31893

Unimportant, but just wondering what the oval shaped bump is under K's dress? Just above the 'knot'.
I think it's a wraparound dress, so if you follow the line of the left side of the dress which folds underneath, I think it's that.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 20.06.14 9:41

http://news.sky.com/story/1283299/mccanns-angry-over-cynical-libel-trial-delay

Hahaha, sorry if this has already been posted but if you watch the link above, at about 1.50 onwards you can see ID's little grey head weaving around behind Kate and Gerry. Kate notices the press moving when ID arrives and has clocked her but makes no move to let her in to the conversation. Bizarre!
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 20.06.14 9:45

I think it's their sense of "entitlement" that irritates me the most these days. Although they've always had that, once they discovered the power they had to influence the media. Now it's just grown into a case of them expecting to have the same kind of influence and attention shown to them, sort of like those no-name "celebrities" who've become famous for being famous.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.06.14 10:17

aquila wrote:
I've always maintained that it's wrong to think all things Portuguese = Goodness and all things SY = Badness.

They are imo as bad as each other and there is an over-riding whiff of cover-up from both sides that has been there from day 1.

Yes, to be fair you have made that point Aquila and I perhaps wasn't as prepared to countenance it as I should have been.

I think place is very important in this case. I can't express this as well as I would like, but I do wonder if there was a kind of "separatism" about PdL that affected the initial PJ response - in the same way that the British police would exercise caution before wading into a sensitive situation in certain no go areas here at home?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 20.06.14 10:27

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
aquila wrote:
I've always maintained that it's wrong to think all things Portuguese = Goodness and all things SY = Badness.

They are imo as bad as each other and there is an over-riding whiff of cover-up from both sides that has been there from day 1.

Yes, to be fair you have made that point Aquila and I perhaps wasn't as prepared to countenance it as I should have been.

I think place is very important in this case. I can't express this as well as I would like, but I do wonder if there was a kind of "separatism" about PdL that affected the initial PJ response - in the same way that the British police would exercise caution before wading into a sensitive situation in certain no go areas here at home?
It's an expat enclave with more than a smattering of freemasonry. For some 'sleepy little village' it has a hell of a lot of 'foreign money' in terms of investment - leisure industry, building industry, real estate etc and not one of them 'showing' to be extremely profitable.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.06.14 11:00

Please continue Textusa on textusa thread in debate section. Meanwhile locking this to sort out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.06.14 11:05

Posts now moved to Textusa thread in Debate section to keep conversation on this blog in one place.

Thread unlocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 20.06.14 15:33

jeanmonroe wrote:I believe GM can't wait for the day to rid himself of the 'mill stone' that is K.

All imo, obviously.
I agree with you. Imo Kate was somehow responsible for the situation in which they now find themselves. The look on Gerry's face to me is almost like.' if it wasn't for you we wouldn't be here now.
 Once this trial with Goncalo Amaral has been sorted I reckon sooner rather than later he'll be off.
Hicks
Hicks

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 20.06.14 16:25

If they want money, she might as well just write another bewk! People will buy it even if it is the same content rejigged.
Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 20.06.14 16:33

Brian Griffin wrote:If they want money, she might as well just write another bewk! People will buy it even if it is the same content rejigged.
 Or a Slimming magazine  big grin
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by Justiceseeker 20.06.14 16:43

Perfect Parenting

The best seller by Kate Mccann

They would have the nerve.
Justiceseeker

Activity : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 20.06.14 17:51

stillsloppingout wrote:
Brian Griffin wrote:If they want money, she might as well just write another bewk! People will buy it even if it is the same content rejigged.
 Or a Slimming magazine  big grin

Featuring the new "porridge only" diet.

Ooh! Forgot me emoticon.   laughat
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 20.06.14 18:08

Joana Morais
15 mins · Lisbon, Portugal · 

« (...) And the good news, for justice, is that Gonçalo Amaral is in good spirits and has already appointed a new lawyer, whose name is currently being placed with the court.
The trial will soon be concluded and then it will over to the judge, Maria Emília de Melo e Castro, to make her decision.
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid 20.06.14 18:15

Newintown wrote:

All imo, obviously.

The game may have been over since the "busty one" entered the fray.

Was it the "Daily Express" (I can't remember which paper it was now) that showed on the top of their front page a few days ago two over flowing champagne glasses pressed together, to me it looked like the cleavage of a very busty woman who was at the OC on a certain quiz night.  Were they dropping a hint - ooh I'm not one to speculate.
McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 13 Najova

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency
SixMillionQuid
SixMillionQuid

Activity : 445

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Back to top