The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Post by Doug D on 19.06.14 14:55

Thanks Cristobell.

Shame it’s not been pushed out on tv/video.

She may well have said more than just that and it would be interesting to see how she came across. Although she came out of the Court just before the McC's her interview must have been after they had gone as she is further away from the building and the McC's are not in front of the doors where they were standing.

I wonder if anyone questioned her on the McC's statements?

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 19.06.14 15:03

@Doug D wrote:Thanks Cristobell.

Shame it’s not been pushed out on tv/video.

She may well have said more than just that and it would be interesting to see how she came across. Although she came out of the Court just before the McC's her interview must have been after they had gone as she is further away from the building and the McC's are not in front of the doors where they were standing.

I wonder if anyone questioned her on the McC's statements?

Perhaps ID said:

"Please, please, leave the lovely McCanns alone, they are the only two 'family/friends' i've got left in Portugal"

Poor IZZY

Can you imagine the 'vitriolic spit' heading her way from her 'clients' if they LOSE!

Dosen't bear thinking about!

She'll be joining that other "Fcuking Tosser Slagg Twunt" in Kate's next bewk, 'The Lies of the Truth'

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 19.06.14 15:18

Goncalo Amaral must be in turmoil at the moment.  Even though he has truth on his side, and his case went very well, he is still at that anxious waiting time until he hears the result. I am sure we have all experienced it one way or another.  There has been such a miscarriage of justice in this case, that he is entitled to feel anxious, and indeed to play through his mind (and even say out loud) everything that could go wrong.

I don't think there will be a whitewash, but it must be hard for Goncalo think otherwise after everything he has been through.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither on 19.06.14 15:33

@jeanmonroe wrote:Did Joanna tell you Gerry McCann walked up to her and spat...'you can't take pictures off us' then walked off.

Inside the court they didn't hold hands but once outside there demeanour changed, holding hands lol.

Frauds.
---------------------------------------------------------------

"SPAT"?.........................'vitriol', not literally i hope!

Anyone know about this?

That was inside the courtroom.

Nobody is allowed to take pictures inside the courtroom. However it was hardly Gerry McCann's place to tell her that, but a court official should have done.

nobodythereeither

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 19.06.14 16:14

@ultimaThule wrote:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it has cost GA £10,000+  to obtain the necessary documentation, Mirage but, in the absence of confirmation from the Lisbon court that it is an established fact that the McCanns' did not seek prior consent from the High Court in London to institute legal proceedings on behalf of MBM, at this point in time I see no reason to assume that they didn't obtain consent before they embarked on this course of action.  

That said, if the McCanns have acted on behalf of MBM without consent in the Lisbon proceedings they have not left the High Court open to any claim of damages in the event that they lose the case.  If they obtained consent prior to instituting proceedings on behalf of MBM, it will have been made crystal clear to them that the Court will not liable for any losses sustained.

May I ask a simple question :
If [!] they'd the consent letter, and had placed it in front of Court right from the GET GO, why was Amaral tasked to come up with documentation when he raised the issue, and after he'd obtained and given said documentation to court, why do you think the Judge still throws the ball into mccs court giving them 30 days to come up with permission letter ?

Isn't it obvious they did not have it?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 on 19.06.14 16:24

@PeterMac wrote:What do they want ?  Sympathy ?
They will find it in the dictionary  - between sh** and syphilis

These pictures are really odd imo, do you ever get the feeling that they are edited to portray them laughing at others ,  taking the ...., sick imo, are these images for real? if so I would question the state of their minds. jmo. ? The one in the centre mainly. Would you pose like this if you were still looking for your child.

Markus 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by beijos on 19.06.14 16:29

Quick question.

I read some where that in the next few weeks the McCanns have to produce evidence they have permission from the UK courts they can act on behalf of Madeline. If they can't, then, Amaral has no case to answer, and is acquitted.

What happens if they can't produce this authority? Does the trial end straight away, and there is no need for the last day?

beijos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 19.06.14 17:00

That placing is so important considering the megalomania of these 2.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 19.06.14 17:08

Sadly the video "happy thoughts" has disappeared, but this one is a happy one too:

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 19.06.14 17:16

@beijos wrote:Quick question.

I read some where that in the next few weeks the McCanns have to produce evidence they have permission from the UK courts they can act on behalf of Madeline. If they can't, then, Amaral has no case to answer, and is acquitted.

Acquittal pertains only to claims made by Madeleine (filed on her behalf) since it is an invalid representation.  Same acquittal would apply to the rest of the defendants.  The case is a collection of plaintiffs vs a collection of defendants and not just Amaral.  
In a win where compensation is a consideration factor then Madeleine's lion share filed by her parents will come into play.  If they lost, then permission or not it won't make an iota of difference.  

They must know they are in for a crashing defeat, evidenced by their desperation to speak, and their offer to settle out of court.  Who has ever heard of plaintiff asking to settle out of court ?  If they've a leg to stand on in a case they instigated why cave in?  It makes no sense unless they know they are heading towards a coming train.   Don't be surprised they won't be arsed to secure this documentation at this late stage if they'd already knew they aren't going to stand a chance to win.  It's just not worth their effort, money (lots of it) and hassle of engaging lawyers to get this sorted.

What happens if they can't produce this authority? Does the trial end straight away, and there is no need for the last day?

Nothing will happen, Madeleine's name will be removed, the proceedings will continue to run its natural course..

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 19.06.14 17:28

I read somewhere that in the next few weeks the McCanns have to produce evidence they have permission from the UK courts they can act on behalf of Madeline. If they can't, then, Amaral has no case to answer, and is acquitted.
@ beijos

That's not correct.

The suggestion is that they have been asked to prove that they have the High Court's authority for bringing an action on behalf of Madeleine.

After Goncal Amaral's lawyers corresponded with the High Court in London, it appears that the High Court conceded and confirmed that the McCanns had not obtained such prior authority.

IF the Civil Court in Lisbon is not satisfield that the McCanns have authority to bring that claim, then that part of the claim would be struck out.

The McCanns claimed (back in June 2009, 5 years ago)...

500,000 euros for damages to Madeleine

250,000 euros for damages to each of themselves, and

100,000 euros damages for Sean and for Amelie.

Total: 1.2 million euros.

Therefore, if their claim for Madeleine is struck out by the Lisbon Civil Court, that reduces their claim, at a stroke, from 1.2 million euros to 700,000 euros.

As the value of the euro has gradually slumped to 79p, today, this makes their claim - if the part for Madeleine is struck out - worth just £553,000.

[ P.S. It is also worth bearing in mind that so far the McCanns have already had to pay these costs:

1. All upfront costs for Isabel Duarte over a period of 5 years
2. The costs of losing the Court of Appeal case on the book - Oct 2010
3. The costs of losing their appeal to the Portuguese Supreme Court - Mar 2011.

Quite a lot of money I would suggest ]

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 on 19.06.14 17:40

The sad thing is it is not about the money ,Like Dr Amaral said, it is about them winning and thus putting a final stamp of approval on their so called innocence . Although they will not get the full amount.

Markus 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 19.06.14 17:46

Since they maintain that they have no idea where Madeleine is,  and since Gerry has always maintained that there is no airvidence that she has come to any harm - how can they claim that she has been damaged in any way by Amaral's statements?

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff on 19.06.14 17:51

Have they stopped to consider what would happen if Maddie turned up before the hearing? (dead or alive)  (Just a thought)

Dont Make Me Laff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.06.14 17:53

If I understand correctly, they've already twice tried to settle out of Court with Dr. Amaral. That seems how they "won" the UK Press damages and apologies: out of court. Also IMO, they could never have imagined, that there exist such people as Dr. Amaral, who cannot be suffocated, discouraged and give up by having all of their assets frozen for FIVE years. Because, IMO again, there are many words, which don't figure in their vocabulary, honesty, perseverance and analytical intelligence being just some of them ...

Força Gonçalo Amaral. You're a winner. Justice will prevail  thumbup 

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 19.06.14 18:17

@Miraflores wrote:Since they maintain that they have no idea where Madeleine is,  and since Gerry has always maintained that there is no airvidence that she has come to any harm - how can they claim that she has been damaged in any way by Amaral's statements?

Because the whole wide world have stopped searching for while she lays in clutches of a peado / human trafficker / drug dealer /bungling burglar.

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 19.06.14 18:26

@Tony Bennett wrote:

I read somewhere that in the next few weeks the McCanns have to produce evidence they have permission from the UK courts they can act on behalf of Madeline. If they can't, then, Amaral has no case to answer, and is acquitted.

[ P.S. It is also worth bearing in mind that so far the McCanns have already had to pay these costs:

Of course Tony you are only partially correct. Someone has paid the costs but it wasn't Kate & Gerry. It was donors to their Ltd Co "fund".

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 19.06.14 18:39

Châtelaine wrote:If I understand correctly, they've already twice tried to settle out of Court with Dr. Amaral. That seems how they "won" the UK Press damages and apologies: out of court.  Also IMO, they could never have imagined, that there exist such people as Dr. Amaral, who cannot be suffocated, discouraged and give up by having all of their assets frozen for FIVE years. Because, IMO again, there are many words, which don't figure in their vocabulary, honesty, perseverance and analytical intelligence being just some of them ...

Força Gonçalo Amaral. You're a winner. Justice will prevail  thumbup 

When I was answering a member on another thread regarding the 4 times the McCanns stated that GA had held up the libel trial, I had remembered that the McCanns had tried twice to settle out of court but I couldn't find any reference to it, so didn't mention it in my post.

The McCanns are truly despicable in their efforts to destroy GA, you can see in their faces and attitude in that interview from Monday that their bile and hatred towards him are eating them alive.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 19.06.14 19:16

@Tony Bennett wrote:

I know costs were awarded against them in these cases but I seem to remember reading somewhere that they haven't actually had to pay them yet and that they could be off-set against costs for the libel trial should they win. Have they actually been paid?

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.06.14 19:21

@AndyB wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

I know costs were awarded against them in these cases but I seem to remember reading somewhere that they haven't actually had to pay them yet and that they could be off-set against costs for the libel trial should they win. Have they actually been paid?

If not, the cost of losing the libel trial will be immense. In every sense.

How much is left in the pot? thinking 

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 19.06.14 19:45

@Gillyspot wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

Of course Tony you are only partially correct. Someone has paid the costs but it wasn't Kate & Gerry. It was donors to their Ltd Co "fund".
Agreed, it may be possible that the McCanns themselves have not paid a penny costs, nor ever will do.

Their sources for their costs might not only be 'The Fund' but also:

1) private donors e.g. Brian Kennedy, Richard Branson or
2) government money, channelled from one account to another by people used to doing this sort of thing, mentioning no names, Kevin Halligen and Henri Exton. 

AndyB wrote:

REPLY: Agreed AFAIK. BUT...if so, then bear in mind this.

Goncalo Amaral WON his appeal in the Portuguese Appeal Court (Oct 2010), which no doubt cost a lot in fees, but would not have been paid even though he won.

Similarly, the McCanns LOST their appeal in the Supreme Court (Mar 2011), which Goncalo Amaral defended and WON.

It would be appalling if he really has won two appeals in Portugal's two highest courts and hasn't been paid his costs for winning them.

But then, as we saw both in the criminal trial of Goncalo Amaral and four fellow detectives, prosecuted by murderess-of-her-own-child Leonor Cipriano, and in this five-year-long-and-still-running libel trial, Portuguese justice appears to be little better than a corrupt and incompetent shambles.  

Due apologies to any Portuguese people visiting this thread

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 19.06.14 19:52

Dee Coy wrote:
@AndyB wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

So far, including the book-banning and the book un-banning and the appeal against the book unbanning etc. etc., I believe there have been no fewer than 19 days of hearings (maybe more) spread over 5 years.

Whether you are the McCanns or Goncalo Amaral, such a delay is manifestly unfair to both sides.

It has been well aid that: 'Justice delayed is justice denied', and this is very much the case here.

If a verdict is given one way or another, and if winner takes all, the stakes in terms of costs are indeed 'immense'.

But whereas Goncalo Amaral's assets are frozen, and his earning capacity severely dented, the McCanns appear to be able to plough serenely on, knowing that a stream of money is forever flowing from one tap or another

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchgirl on 19.06.14 20:11

Pictures of libel trial - with thanks to :

http://www.justpamalam.co.uk/JoanaImages_16_06_2014.htm

Notice Kate & Gerry have no closeness inside the court,  but the famous vice grip on Gerrys hand outside the court. empathy

Dutchgirl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 19.06.14 20:12

@Tony Bennett wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:
@AndyB wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

So far, including the book-banning and the book un-banning and the appeal against the book unbanning etc. etc., I believe there have been no fewer than 19 days of hearings (maybe more) spread over 5 years.

Whether you are the McCanns or Goncalo Amaral, such a delay is manifestly unfair to both sides.

It has been well aid that: 'Justice delayed is justice denied', and this is very much the case here.

If a verdict is given one way or another, and if winner takes all, the stakes in terms of costs are indeed 'immense'.

But whereas Goncalo Amaral's assets are frozen, and his earning capacity severely dented, the McCanns appear to be able to plough serenely on, knowing that a stream of money is forever flowing from one tap or another

Is that the case though.  Going by their anger in the press interview on Monday I would say that they were livid that they didn't get the result they wanted there and then, i.e. £1m being paid into their bank account when they thought GA was going to lose the libel case.

We do not know if the McCanns are being backed by anyone at the moment or if they've been left to sink and swim on their own.  It could be the fact that all of their previous backers have disappeared in fear of a full blown police enquiry taking place and they do not want anything to do with the McCanns now.

ETA: Maybe the McCanns took on the libel case thinking they were infallible with all their high profile millionaire friends thinking they were in with the "in crowd" not realising they would be dropped like a hot brick as soon as things started going "down the toilet".

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PIForHire on 19.06.14 20:21

Does anyone know if damages are taxable?

PIForHire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum