The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 8 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 8 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 8 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 8 Regist10

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 8 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by ultimaThule 04.06.14 12:23

stillsloppingout wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
PeterMac wrote:97,  98,  99,   ONE HUNDRED

Ready or not - I'm Coming ! ! !

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 8 BpOle48CYAE3w33

At least he is seen involved in the field works.
' Julie was heartbroken when it was revealed who she had selected in the PDL dogging competition " big grin

Shouldn't that be 'digging competition', sso?  What a shame it's too late for you to correct the typo  laughat
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 8 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by scrants 04.06.14 12:23

Just seen this on Twitter

@GarethITV: Ground penetrating radar now in use.
#mccann @ITVCentral

@GarethITV: Strimmers out in force now.  A huge area of undergrowth on the south side of the search zone is being cut back. #mccann @ITVCentral
scrants

Activity : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicAl 04.06.14 12:24

Praia wrote:What does he look like fully suited and booted in this heat? I swear he is a robot, does not blink, smile or sweat.

He probably gets up every morning, stands before a full length mirror and says, quietly, softly, "You are the f##gging Terminator" before assembling a nice cup of PG Tips in a ceramic travel mug and heading in to work. 

The quiet ones are always worth watching. Al Capone was brought down by an accountant.
CynicAl

Activity : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 04.06.14 12:24

IF 'evidence' of a crime is not found on the 'snail' how will OG 'explain' that this HUGELY EXPENSIVE, (30 professionals for 5 whole days) UK taxpayer funded, er, 'exercise' was BASED entirely on 'significant information from a new 'witness'?

There's an FOI, just waiting to be asked!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 04.06.14 12:25

ultimaThule wrote:
stillsloppingout wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 8 BpOle48CYAE3w33

' Julie was heartbroken when it was revealed who she had selected in the PDL dogging competition " big grin

Shouldn't that be 'digging competition', sso?  What a shame it's too late for you to correct the typo  laughat
[ No it's Correct DOGGING !!! ]
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicAl 04.06.14 12:27

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

I'm sure I saw this painting in an Impressionist art gallery recently.

A Monet or Cezanne perhaps?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Monet

Monet

Like Monet's paintings...Looks good from afar - but far from good close up

"See that girl over there - she's a right Monet"

I thought that was Munter ;-)
CynicAl

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 04.06.14 12:28

jeanmonroe wrote:IF 'evidence' of a crime is not found on the 'snail' how will OG 'explain' that this HUGELY EXPENSIVE, (30 professionals for 5 whole days) UK taxpayer funded,  er, 'exercise' was BASED entirely on 'significant information from a new 'witness'?

There's an FOI, just waiting to be asked!
Just don't expect a bleeding answer to it.  big grin
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13387

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.14 12:30

Tony Bennett wrote:

@ PeterMac

I think you're incorrect.

I'm sure I saw this painting in an Impressionist art gallery recently.

A Monet or Cezanne perhaps?

Pollock!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicAl 04.06.14 12:30

aquila wrote:
CynicAl wrote:
DIBarlow wrote:
MrsC wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:If Smithman was GM who,  some of us think may have taken a decoy blonde girl for a walk to give credibility to abduction scenario, then nothing will be found. If the body went directly from apartment to freezer then nothing will be found.

This sounds reasonable. GM knows nothing will be found, he always has done, hence the ubiquitous smirk.
Except of course, something was found. In the hire car and in the apartment.

The problem with unrestricted back-fitting is that these facts become submerged beneath unlikely scenarios.

Unlikely when one puts themselves in the position(s) of those involved. Why on earth would McCann run the risk of being identified with a 'decoy' child? Even he isn't that stupid, is he?

The route he took was clearly to reduce the risk of encountering anyone, there was a more direct but riskier route to the beach don't forget.

No, for me, their poorly thought out 'plan' with no independently corroborated evidence, at all, to back it up, was something put together in panic mode, with a need to shift anything incriminating out of 5A as soon as possible. Decoy runs with a similar child would not have been on such an agenda.

"Panic mode" agreed...  IIRC Eddie took a whiff of a flowerbed or shrubbery beneath the apartment and, in snifferdog speak,  shrugged and said 'yeah, could be a slight whiff here." I' m guessing that to cadaver dogs that shrug speaks volumes - the difference between 'there' s been a dead body in this bush' and 'can' t smell anything unusual, but that's not to say a few dead people might not have passed this way.'

From the little research I've done I would suggest that any half-hearted positive reaction is likely to be indicative of, at least, a quick and unceremonious dumping of a body while checking a coast as being clear, but most likely the body was encased in something porous, which reduced the amount of physical contact between the vegetation and cadaverine-oozing skin, to merely the shedding of trace residue. Arguably a certain blue tennis bag would fit such a role of encasement quite conveniently, and would explain the absence of significant cadaverine alerting on GM's clothing, and in the external vicinity of 5a.

Speculation, MBM was already removed from 5a before KM alerted in the evening, in the bag, which was dumped in a concealed location in scrubland from whence it could be either picked up much later by the original conspirator, or could be moved shortly after to a somewhat cooler environment (still in the bag with trace cadaverine leaking from the seams, perhaps accounting for some of the 'low-to-the-ground' traces to which dogs later alerted) byeither the perp, or facilitators on the ground in PDL. I'd be surprised if this is far removed from what the PJSY Alliance had in mind. 

As an afterthought, considering some of Textusa's insistences, is it also possible that a group of employees of OC were privately arranging 'special' holidays through agents like RM & SM with blind eyes turned by a few 'financial beneficiaries' and when somethingwent wrong that group (rather than a conspiracy involving MW corporate) caused a flurry of remedial activity amongst themselves. In the absence of a source of money setting them up for life, none would want to lose their jobs in those circumstances if they chose to act on conscience rather than help. And maybe the Fund became necessary because someone among the Tapas gang was busy writing promissory notes for costs incurred, bribe money and conscience appeasement. 

This would also be in line with an apparent effort by PJSY to 'flush out' some former/current OC employees while leaving MW Corporate, as it were, entirely alone. 

Has the rest of it all been happenstance, the exploitation of the generous and gullible, and cashing in of favours with a bit of political expediency thrown in. Maybe PJSY always intended to nail the Mc's, but did so in such a way that potential informants were protected, gathering enough evidence to crucify and discredit the principals so thoroughly that even their latter 'tell all' attempts at scorched earth would make them look like villains in comparison to the tortured facilitators who came good in the end. 

Ok... Time to write that novel. 

Fiction it may be, but it isn't far fetched fiction. It has a stronger likelihood of being close to truth than a lot of the conspiracy theory waffle that passes as 'credible' speculation.
My Mum told me that self praise is no recommendation.

Good for you. What did she say about humour and logic?
CynicAl

Back to top Go down

Post by endgame 04.06.14 12:30

CynicAl wrote:
Pershing36 wrote:If they find anything this wont look good on the PJ.  The press will have a field day banging on about the original bungled investigation.  Also will play right into the hands of those who claimed no real search took place at the time.
Not necessarily so. 

Cast your mind back... 

The town raced round the place that evening looking for what? 

Living persons! 

A missing little girl. 

A leering pedophile clutching a wriggling gagged bundle of blonde hair and pink pyjamas. 

A kidnapper typing his ransom note. 

Who (mis)directed the search very, very specifically for enough days to arrange the removal of the evidence? Who played the PJ and British Foreign Office jointly like a fiddle? 

Dozens of people could have passed the body in frantic searches calling 'Maddie, Maddie' and never known what was concealed because at that time they were not looking for anything other than a missing living child. 

These people have pulled the wool over the eyes of many. At the end of this GA and the PJ and even SY could look like tireless, charade-playing, sociopath-baiting conquering heroes and the anger and hate will be directed in one direction only - toward anyone and everyone who enabled Team McCann to function.
CynicAl, the idea that, after 7 years of relentless PJ bashing, totally ignoring all indications that the Portuguese are even fit to breathe the same air as us, the British press is suddenly going to take a measured, balanced and sophisticated view of the whole charade does not resonate with me at all. Whatever transpires, the narrative will always be twisted to read Brits good: Portuguese bad.
endgame
endgame

Activity : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 04.06.14 12:31

CynicAl wrote:
endgame wrote:
phil_burton wrote:How would finding cadaver scent in a nearby field 7 years after the event put the McCanns in the frame when the cadaver scent was found in their apartment and that has disappeared from public consciousness?
Quite. In itself it proves no link to the McCanns and could be used to support any number of other theories. If AR had accepted the earlier dog findings, I don't see how the "investigation" could possibly have followed the course that it has. As always with this nothing ever adds up.
Oh, it adds up. It may be slow. It may be painful. It may be frustrating. But like a slowly dripping tap, every little fragment of evidence can add up to a massive, undeniable, inescapable whole.

It does add up, sadly. Nothing that has been done so far, nor anything that may (or may not - Clarence ! ) be found is out of line with one of the main-stream purported theories.
It only requires very slight re-defining on the extreme periphery, and the peripheral details were always in doubt.
The blue bag hypothesis is left intact, the traces in the car and key fob are not falsified in any way, . . .I don't want to go on, but it still fits.
And if evidence is found the duty is then to change the hypothesis, not other other way rounnd, of course.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16605

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 04.06.14 12:31

stillsloppingout wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:
stillsloppingout wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:

[ No it's Correct DOGGING !!! ]

Of  course it is!  < tut >  Silly me... I forgot about Tito and  Muzzi  lol4
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 04.06.14 12:34

endgame wrote:
CynicAl, the idea that, after 7 years of relentless PJ bashing, totally ignoring all indications that the Portuguese are even fit to breathe the same air as us, the British press is suddenly going to take a measured, balanced and sophisticated view of the whole charade does not resonate with me at all. Whatever transpires, the narrative will always be twisted to read Brits good: Portuguese bad.

I'm afraid that's probably spot on. A sad reflection of 21st Century Britain, and a new media-fuelled xenophobia that has become not only acceptable but popular and, more recently, legitimised.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.14 12:34

Poe wrote:
ChippyM wrote:
melisande wrote:
maebee wrote:
The English Police believe the body of Madeleine McCann, who disappeared seven years ago in the Algarve, is or has been buried in Praia da Luz, Lagos.

Sad. True. Maybe not buried in the Algarve but buried somewhere :) Gosh it's all so sad. Poor Madeleine. English police & Portuguese believe the same thing. Good for G.A. but we're now at a new stage. Whatever comes of this, the Mcs will fight on Sad
This is probably what Gerry meant when he said he would only go to PdL if they found her DNA.  Not if they found her body.  He must know her remains would not be found.  How confident is he that her DNA won't be found though?

I don't think gerry is confident nothing will be found just that he and his legal team will dispute it like they did with the hire car DNA...so legally they will argue nothing has been found.

Saying they will only come if her DNA is found is putting a doubt into the public's mind that what may be found will not be conclusive enough. IMO

I think that Gerry is worried.

The expected phrase is they would only go to PdL if Madeleine is found so to say dna indicates to me that dna is at the forefront of Gerry's mind and the police finding Madeleine's dna worries Gerry far more than the police finding Madeleine herself.

My opinion only.
I think you may well be right.  Its a strange thing to say in any case.  An anguished parent of a missing daughter of 7 years who in all possibility could be buried nearby and he is giving an ultimatum on her DNA.  Not normal behaviour imo.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by endgame 04.06.14 12:39

PeterMac wrote:
CynicAl wrote:
endgame wrote:
phil_burton wrote:How would finding cadaver scent in a nearby field 7 years after the event put the McCanns in the frame when the cadaver scent was found in their apartment and that has disappeared from public consciousness?
Quite. In itself it proves no link to the McCanns and could be used to support any number of other theories. If AR had accepted the earlier dog findings, I don't see how the "investigation" could possibly have followed the course that it has. As always with this nothing ever adds up.
Oh, it adds up. It may be slow. It may be painful. It may be frustrating. But like a slowly dripping tap, every little fragment of evidence can add up to a massive, undeniable, inescapable whole.

It does add up, sadly. Nothing that has been done so far, nor anything that may (or may not - Clarence ! )  be found is out of line with one of the main-stream purported theories.
It only requires very slight re-defining on the extreme periphery, and the peripheral details were always in doubt.
The blue bag hypothesis is left intact, the traces in the car and key fob are not falsified in any way,  . . .I don't want to go on, but it still fits.
And if evidence is found the duty is then to change the hypothesis, not other other way rounnd, of course.
Except that so far most of AR's efforts have been directed to carefully selecting and rearranging the evidence to fit the hypothesis. It only works if we assume that all of AR's public utterances are a sham and there is a completely different investigation and arrangement of evidence going on parallel to what he allows us to see. This requires an enormous leap of faith which I haven't as yet been able to make.
endgame
endgame

Activity : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 04.06.14 12:40

melisande wrote:
Poe wrote:
ChippyM wrote:
melisande wrote:
maebee wrote:
The English Police believe the body of Madeleine McCann, who disappeared seven years ago in the Algarve, is or has been buried in Praia da Luz, Lagos.

Sad. True. Maybe not buried in the Algarve but buried somewhere :) Gosh it's all so sad. Poor Madeleine. English police & Portuguese believe the same thing. Good for G.A. but we're now at a new stage. Whatever comes of this, the Mcs will fight on Sad
This is probably what Gerry meant when he said he would only go to PdL if they found her DNA.  Not if they found her body.  He must know her remains would not be found.  How confident is he that her DNA won't be found though?

I don't think gerry is confident nothing will be found just that he and his legal team will dispute it like they did with the hire car DNA...so legally they will argue nothing has been found.

Saying they will only come if her DNA is found is putting a doubt into the public's mind that what may be found will not be conclusive enough. IMO

I think that Gerry is worried.

The expected phrase is they would only go to PdL if Madeleine is found so to say dna indicates to me that dna is at the forefront of Gerry's mind and the police finding Madeleine's dna worries Gerry far more than the police finding Madeleine herself.

My opinion only.

Imagine how he will feel if they find Margaret so.

I don't know how they can refer to their lost child as DNA, they get worse every single time they speak.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by Praia 04.06.14 12:42

It maybe worth remembering Sandy and Patricia Cameron are divorced now (as per Libel hearing). Good old Sandy stayed the whole Summer of 2007 as cook, cleaner, driver, child minder etc. I wonder if SY or PJ have been in contact with him.

Praia

Activity : 410

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 04.06.14 12:42

sami wrote:

I don't know how they can refer to their lost child as DNA, they get worse every single time they speak.

They didn't, they said "remains that match her DNA".
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 04.06.14 12:42

Speculation, MBM was already removed from 5a before KM alerted in the evening, in the bag, which was dumped in a concealed location in scrubland from whence it could be either picked up much later by the original conspirator,
--------------------------------------------------------------------

DP: "Me and Gerry you know I'm not sure what time it was, it was you know between three and four o' clock (4am, 4th May 2007) when, again looking for her. We went down err through past the Ocean Club reception, we went down err to the beach,,,"

PASSED/AROUND THE 'SNAIL' AREA?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 04.06.14 12:42

Correct me if I'am wrong.
Didn't sniffer dogs from GNR trace Madeleine to the carpark outside Batista supermarket?

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 04.06.14 12:43

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 8 LiZL5g99_biggerTony Stewart ‏[ltr]@TellyTone[/ltr]  8m
Here #praiadaluz police are erecting tent to shield makeshift hide watched over by DCI Redwood. #mccann pic.twitter.com/r8VLTgCYzl
 Hide photo

•  Retweet 
  •  Favorite 
  •  More

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 8 BpSGd7QIUAAxlv3
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 04.06.14 12:45

NickE wrote:Correct me if I'am wrong.
Didn't sniffer dogs from GNR trace Madeleine to the carpark outside Batista supermarket?

It was the car-park across the road from 5A, and they were following the towel scent.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 04.06.14 12:45

endgame wrote:
< snip >
Except that so far most of AR's efforts have been directed to carefully selecting and rearranging the evidence to fit the hypothesis. It only works if we assume that all of AR's public utterances are a sham and there is a completely different investigation and arrangement of evidence going on parallel to what he allows us to see. This requires an enormous leap of faith which I haven't as yet been able to make.

Faith is belief without proof and, as yet, I have seen no proof that AR's public utterances are a sham and a lot of evidence which suggests that Operation Grange  is intent on obtaining justice for Madeleine McCann.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 04.06.14 12:45

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
sami wrote:

They didn't, they said "remains that match her DNA".

Little difference, IMO.  Why not leave it at remains.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 04.06.14 12:46

Praia wrote:What does he look like fully suited and booted in this heat? I swear he is a robot, does not blink, smile or sweat.

Should he have gone in picnic gears instead in your view? Come on, give the man a break.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top