The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

OFFICIAL FROM ESSEX POLICE: Debbie Butler delays the investigation into her own allegations - Page 2 Mm11

OFFICIAL FROM ESSEX POLICE: Debbie Butler delays the investigation into her own allegations - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

OFFICIAL FROM ESSEX POLICE: Debbie Butler delays the investigation into her own allegations - Page 2 Mm11

OFFICIAL FROM ESSEX POLICE: Debbie Butler delays the investigation into her own allegations - Page 2 Regist10

OFFICIAL FROM ESSEX POLICE: Debbie Butler delays the investigation into her own allegations

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OFFICIAL FROM ESSEX POLICE: Debbie Butler delays the investigation into her own allegations - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL FROM ESSEX POLICE: Debbie Butler delays the investigation into her own allegations

Post by Guest 04.12.09 12:33

I suppose two cheques that make up a good third of the Foundations cash could be referred to as serious fraud.

I'm confused about the Gunnill thing though, I thought that was down to stevo and Mr Bennett? Ms Butler was the alleged wronged woman who was sad about the picture used to accompany the newspaper story naming and shaming her as a stalker of an innocent grieving family which she felt didn't show her good side and the two men jumped to her defence, or was it only Stevo, was that not all tied up with the Foundation though? they were all running the foundation at the time?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL FROM ESSEX POLICE: Debbie Butler delays the investigation into her own allegations - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL FROM ESSEX POLICE: Debbie Butler delays the investigation into her own allegations

Post by Ruby 04.12.09 12:34

JAGN - Soon to be commuted to 'well, he sounded a bit off on the phone' :lol:
Ruby
Ruby

Activity : 704

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL FROM ESSEX POLICE: Debbie Butler delays the investigation into her own allegations - Page 2 Empty An update for justagrannynow 1

Post by Tony Bennett 04.12.09 12:56

justagrannynow 1 wrote:I think I have lost some bits of the drama here.

As I recall it, the original allegation was " serious fraud", now it looks as though it all comes down to two cheques. Were these two cheques of sufficient amounts to warrant a description of serious fraud? Are there other allegations being investigated as well as these two cheques or have I missed something?
The only request the police have made of me is to account for two cheques paid to me in respect of reimbursement of expenses, one for £800, and one for £822.50. As I've said in many places elsewhere, these were to reimburse me for having paid on my Visa account for the hotel conference bill on 1 August (£387.50), £245 paid to Vera Steinke in Germany to fund the publication of 250 copies of '60 Reasons' in German (now done) plus postage and stationery expenses incurred over a period of months. I've provided receipts for all of this to the police some time ago. I also consented some time ago to the police verifying from our bank any information they needed to regarding those two cheques. Debbie has yet to give that authority to the police.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 04.12.09 13:03

I have yet to receive the same consent form from Ms Butler and have chased her up about it today. Once I have received this, hopefully by the beginning of next week, I can process my request to retrieve the two cheques from the bank.

First posted here over 3 hours ago and not yet C&Pd on MM thinking
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL FROM ESSEX POLICE: Debbie Butler delays the investigation into her own allegations - Page 2 Empty What happened after the 'Gunnill' article

Post by Tony Bennett 04.12.09 13:04

clarity wrote:I suppose two cheques that make up a good third of the Foundations cash could be referred to as serious fraud.

I'm confused about the Gunnill thing though, I thought that was down to stevo and Mr Bennett? Ms Butler was the alleged wronged woman who was sad about the picture used to accompany the newspaper story naming and shaming her as a stalker of an innocent grieving family which she felt didn't show her good side and the two men jumped to her defence, or was it only Stevo, was that not all tied up with the Foundation though? they were all running the foundation at the time?
Following the 'Sunday Express' 'Stalker' article, Stevo and I took entirely different routes.

I filed a detailed complaint to the Press Complaints Commission, which I'll reproduce in a minute. That complaint has yet to be adjudicated on.

Stevo without any consent still less encouragement from emdid at least two things: (1) set up a spoof Mike Gunnill website, designed to cause trouble for Mike Gunnill, and some of it unfortunately using very coarse language.

In addition, he placed a very controversial article against Gunnill on The Madeleine Foundation website, of which he was then the webmaster. THis was done without our permission. As soon as I learned of this article, I ordered Stevo to take it down and he did so. It was that article that led me to convince Debbie that we needed a new webmaster who would not act as a 'loose cannon'. We were actively seeking a new webmaster before recent events.

Stevo by the way was never a Madeleine Foundation member. We employed him s our webmaster but he was required to work to our order.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 04.12.09 13:11

My complaint to the 'Sunday Express' and the Press Complaints Commission re the 'STALKER' article

Subject: Debbie Butler - FORMAL COMPLAINT TO SUN. EXPRESS AND P.C.C.
To: mikegunnill@mac.com, editor@express.co.uk, news.desk@express.co.uk, expressletters@express.co.uk, geoff.marsh@express.co.uk, scott.langham@pcc.org.uk, complaints@pcc.org.uk

Date: Thursday, 20 August, 2009, 1:07 AM

Dear Editor of the Sunday Express

Sorry to send this to so many addresses at once, but we were not sure from your website how to reach the Sunday Express editor or his Secretary.

I act for Miss Debbie Butler in the matter of her formal complaint to you about the contents of Sunday's front-page article: "The McCanns' Stalker".

This is a formal complaint under the Press Complaints Commission code and a copy os being sent to Scott Langham at the Press Complaints Commission for immediate action.

A summary of Miss Butler's complaints are as follows:

++++++

The 'Sunday Express', like all other newspapers, has a duty under the Press Complaints Code to be fair and accurate.

Against those benchmarks, here are the complaints about the Sunday article that Miss Butler now makes. For the record, her address is 67 Grace Avenue, Allingham, MAIDSTONE:

1. Describing Debbie Butler as a 'stalker' in respect of one leaflet drop in Rothley and nothing else was neither fair nor accurate.

Making it a front-page leaflet with a picture clearly exposes her to risk of unfair attack. What she has done is distribute a factual leaflet. There is absolutely no course of conduct by her in relation to the McCanns that could remotely be described as 'stalking'.

2. Describing '10 Reasons' as a 'hate leaflet' (one villager was quoted as saying the leaflet was 'drumming up hate' and the 'Sunday Express' described it as 'highly inflammatory') was grossly unfair and grossly inaccurate, especially as the 'Sunday Express' did not explain the contents of the leaflet

3. The 'Sunday Express' deliberately chose the worst photograph they could take of her to portray her as 'a hard cow', which she was not. That was manifestly unfair

4. Neither Debbie Butler nor anyone else in the Madeleine Foundation sent a leaflet to Brian and Janet Kennedy. We do not know where she lives. Inaccurate

5. It was not a 'late-night' leaflet drop. It took place between 3pm and 6pm. Inaccurate

6. The leaflet drop did not involve 10 people, it involved 3. Inaccurate

7. Dr Gerald McCann was allowed to get away with describing the leaflet as 'despicable lies'. The 'Sunday Express' made no attempt to inform its readers that the content of the leaflet was the truth and that the McCanns had never rebutted any of the claims made in either '60 Reasons' or '10 Reasons'. This was grossly unfair and inaccurate. The leaflet was not 'lies' nor 'despicable lies'. It was the truth.

8. Debbie Butler was described in the 'Sunday Express' article as 'a single parent family with two children'. A more accurate description would have been 'a successful Kent bsuinesswoman' - a fact which the reporter was made well aware of. The mere description of her as 'single parent' was unfair.

As remedies, Debbie Butler seeks:

1. A full retraction on the 'Sunday Express' front page of the description of her as 'The McCanns' Stalker'

2. A fulsome apology.

3, A payment of compensation which she tells me, if awarded, she would like to be paid in full to ChildLine.

ADDITIONAL NOTE TO THE PRESS COMPLAINTS COMMISSION

Please note this report that I have passed to Madeleine Foundation supporters tonight in red:

I post after learning of actions taken by the 'Sunday Express' today and tonight to further attack Madeleine Foundation Chairman Debbie Butler.

Today the 'Sunday Express' journalist Mike Gunnill telephoned Debbie's ex-husband and under false pretences obtained his address.

He was then door-stepped.

Not to put to fine a point on it, Gunnill fired question after question at him, like: "Do you have a comment to make on your ex-wife stalking the McCanns?" "Is she mentally stable?" "Aren't you worried about the childrens' welfare?" etc. etc.

Debbie is on cordial terms with her ex-husband who helps out with child care and odd jobs that need doing in the house etc. He has computer/I.T. expertise and helps out with that when needed.

I'm told by Debbie that her ex-husband basically said he did not want to get involved in talking to the press and was not willing to give a view on what really happened to Madeleine McCann.

However, he did say a couple of things to the journalist, and I note them here for the public record, so that forum members can get an insight into the way the press work.

Debbie's ex-husband asked why they had printed such a bad picture of Debbie in the 'Sunday Express' and why they had apparently chosen the worst one.

The answer from Gunnill, verbatim, was: "The editor told me he wanted her portrayed as a hard cow".

Asked about Debbie's campaign about Madeleine and his views on it, he said: "I will say this. Her father is a policeman and if she says anything, she gives you the facts; that's the way she was brought up".

It was the 'Sunday Express' who led with a front-page headline: 'The McCanns' Stalker' and of course its sister paper 'The Star' who branded the leafleters in Leicestershire as 'sickos'. The 'Sunday Express' is putting resources into a further personal attack on Debbie.

Debbie does not deserve this. She is no 'stalker'. She is generous to a fault with her time and money. Her campaigning on behalf of truth and justice for Madeleine is pure. She is owed £200 or so by The Madeleine Foundation for postage (she posts out most of the booklets) and refuses to claim despite my trying to insist every time I see her.

We wish the Sunday Express's conduct tonight also to be the subject of investigation by the Press Complaints Commission.

For the record, I attach in blue below some of the comments that have been made about the Sunday Express's recent conduct in headlining Debbe as a 'stalker' of the McCanns and thus clearly exposing her to risk:

1. The Sunday Express, along with every other newspaper in Britain, is responsible for the fact that leaflets are necessary. They have only ever told one side of the story and if they really thought they could hide the other side for ever they now know differently. I think this is what causes them such anger - the fact that the public are now getting to know that the press have totally failed to report the other side of this story. Who is ever going to trust the papers again, when what's in the official files about this case becomes generally known? No wonder the sales figures for newspapers are dire and getting worse with every passing month.

Debbie, I'm sorry for what you've had to put up with and with the sick 'journalists' who are nothing but bullies and cowards. I will certainly send my complaints to this excuse for a newspaper, but going on past experience I don't expect them to have the courage or decency to admit how wrong they are. As I've said many times, not one of these newspapers cares two straws for Madeleine or for trying to find out the truth about what happened to her. They would rather the truth be hidden forever than read the police files and be forced to admit they could well have been badly mistaken in their judgment. They are truly despicable in their wish to hide the facts, but this is one fight they are unable to win and they know it.

2. Mike Gunnill is way out of line, we cannot stand for this. It`s appalling.

3. Debbie, I am so sorry to hear that you have been vilified by the press while you were engaged in a truly honourable effort to enlighten others.

4. Tony, Please pass on support to Debbie from me in Edinburgh.

5. This is disgusting behaviour from the Express, but considering everything I have learned about the UK press over the past two years it sadly does not surprise me.

You, Debbie and the rest of your team in The Madeleine Foundation are brave. You put your heads up over the parapet and voice in public the concerns many of us have. I will order some '10 Reasons' leaflets from your website when I get paid and start leaving them about in Edinburgh.

6. The truth has to be put out there.

7. Nasty. It's interesting how putting a leaflet through someone's door is construed as 'harassment', but door-stepping someone and bombarding them with questions is considered perfectly acceptable by the very same people.

8. Mr. Gunnill, In my opinion, the way you have treated and portrayed Mrs. Butler is dishonest and dishonorable.

9. Tony, I'm really shocked by this. So shocked. Please pass on my regards to Debbie. I have posted this on my blog and will email the newspaper which is stalking Debbie.

If I wasn't already angry with the McCanns, my emotions now know no bounds. I'm totally sickened by it all.

I just don't know how anyone can crack the protective shield around these child neglectors.

I feel so sad about everything tonight. God bless you and Debbie and Grenville and Helen and Sharon.

I wish I knew what the answer was, Tony, I really do.

I feel so shocked.

++++++++

There are many many other comments in the same vein and I am sure there will be many more.

I await the response of the Editor of the Sunday Express and the Press Complaints Commission and finally I ask both of you to consider the safety implications of falsely labelling Debbie Butler as 'The McCanns' Stalker' ON THE FRONT PAGE.

Tony Bennett
for Debbie Butler

Tony Bennett contact details:

66 Chippingfield
HARLOW
Essex
CM17 0DJ
Tel: 01279 635789
Mobile: 07835 716537

[Postscript: Just for the record, on 1 November 2009 I told Debbie that in view of her actions against me it would no longer be appropriate for me to represent her in this matter].
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by heresthetruth 04.12.09 13:16

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img37/3625/debsgunnill2.png

Above is a screen shot of Butler stateing MR GUNNILL WAS A NICE MAN, How do you feel being made a fool of Mr Bennet, you have written to the PCC on false information, namely you beleived what she told you, A good way forward would be to retract that complaint, Because the Sunday Express have the screen shots and its going to make you look stupid.
heresthetruth
heresthetruth

Activity : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 04.12.09 13:32

heresthetruth wrote:https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img37/3625/debsgunnill2.png

Above is a screen shot of Butler stateing MR GUNNILL WAS A NICE MAN, How do you feel being made a fool of Mr Bennet, you have written to the PCC on false information, namely you beleived what she told you, A good way forward would be to retract that complaint, Because the Sunday Express have the screen shots and its going to make you look stupid.
Yes, I believed [correct spelling btw] what she told me. I don't think that makes me look particularly stupid. It makes Debbie look as though she was mistaken on at least one point.

Sent those consent forms off yet Debbie?
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by heresthetruth 04.12.09 13:38

Dont you think a retraction of your complaint is needed?
heresthetruth
heresthetruth

Back to top Go down

Post by heresthetruth 04.12.09 13:54

deborah Today at 13:49

Bennett -yes they have been sent thank you - also interesting reading on pfa2 , will send that too

Dont you think a retraction to the PCC would be a good idea?
heresthetruth
heresthetruth

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL FROM ESSEX POLICE: Debbie Butler delays the investigation into her own allegations - Page 2 Empty It's for Debbie Butler to retract

Post by Tony Bennett 04.12.09 13:58

heresthetruth wrote:Dont you think a retraction of your complaint is needed?
I have written on behalf of myself and The Madeleine Foundation recently to the Press Complaints Commission re the 'Sunday Express' article (and 'The Sun' and 'Star' articles).

'The Sun' has offered a resolution, which is currently undr negotiation and has been subject to an exchange of emails this week.

As Debbie now represents herself re the Express complaint, it's a matter entirely for her whether she chooses to retract anything in my letter of 19 August.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by heresthetruth 04.12.09 14:07

Thank you for your reply, seeing as Butler now thinks Mr Gunnill is a nice man she should retract her complaint, she tried to destroy a mans career to get attention, bit like shes doing to you, Mr Bennet.
heresthetruth
heresthetruth

Back to top Go down

Post by heresthetruth 04.12.09 14:57

Oh the nutters reading this, well let me tell you, Mike Gunnill should take you to the cleaners, you vindictive Bimbo, dont worry he The Sunday Express and the PCC have screen shots of you, saying he was a nice man.
Your the type of Hysterical Cow that crys rape when spurned.
You tried to Destroy Gunnill with your imaginary boyfriend Steve Marsden, and now you try to destroy Bennett.
NUTTER
heresthetruth
heresthetruth

Back to top Go down

Post by preciousramotswe 04.12.09 15:25

I suggest the reason Mr Bennett will not be retracting anything, or making one peep to the Sunday Express, is because his fullsome praise of Debbie Butler in his original submission now looks a tad ridiculous.

I also think it's a little disingenuous of TB to mix up the complaints he has made - the Sun and Star are about him specifically, whereas the Express complaint is about Butler.
preciousramotswe

Activity : 259

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby 04.12.09 15:25

heresthetruth wrote:Oh the nutters reading this, well let me tell you, Mike Gunnill should take you to the cleaners, you vindictive Bimbo, dont worry he The Sunday Express and the PCC have screen shots of you, saying he was a nice man.
Your the type of Hysterical Cow that crys rape when spurned.
You tried to Destroy Gunnill with your imaginary boyfriend Steve Marsden, and now you try to destroy Bennett.
NUTTER

Bet you've been told a million times not to exaggerate :megashock:
Ruby
Ruby

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL FROM ESSEX POLICE: Debbie Butler delays the investigation into her own allegations - Page 2 Empty I didn't see what was around the corner

Post by Tony Bennett 04.12.09 15:33

badmanners wrote:...his fulsome praise of Debbie Butler in his original submission now looks a tad ridiculous.
I would fully concede the accuracy of that statement. Though my comments were sincerely meant at the time.

It's a pity, because up to the point of the Carter-Ruck letters being sent on 27 August, I consider we had worked well together.

I didn't see what was around the corner
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Nick 04.12.09 16:11

My heart goes out to you Tony, you must feel so betrayed.
Old Nick

Activity : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang 31.01.10 23:34

Tony,

You say that you employed the services of Stevo to maintain the MF website, how much was he paid for his work and was payment regular?
kangdang
kangdang

Activity : 1845

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL FROM ESSEX POLICE: Debbie Butler delays the investigation into her own allegations - Page 2 Empty Payments by The M adeleine Foundation to Stevo for the website

Post by Tony Bennett 01.02.10 7:32

kangdang wrote:Tony,

You say that you employed the services of Stevo to maintain the MF website, how much was he paid for his work and was payment regular?
I would have to check back through our PayPal records to get the exact amounts, but if memory serves, we made five payments to Stevo. They were NOT 'regular' payments.

Two payments of around £125.00 were simple refunds of his expenses for domain names and hosters.

There were three other payments totalling approximately £175.00 which were paid as a gesture of appreciation for extra work he did on developing our website or for particular new pages that he created for us.

He offered to do the site for free but Debbie Butler and I considered that these three one-off payments were appropriate. Stevo did not ask for these payments to be made.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang 01.02.10 18:30

Thanks Tony
kangdang
kangdang

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang 09.03.10 17:16

I'm wondering how duping good folk (i include myself here) makes Butler feel? IMO, TB has not been made to a look a fool, DB has shown her true colours..Kangdang shakes head in dismay....she is pitiful
kangdang
kangdang

Back to top Go down

Post by Mgunnill 09.03.10 18:41

kangdang wrote:

I'm wondering how duping good folk (i include myself here) makes Butler feel? IMO, TB has not been made to a look a fool, DB has shown her true colours..Kangdang shakes head in dismay....she is pitiful

I don't think it was Debbie Butler " duping good folk ", was it?
Mgunnill
Mgunnill

Activity : 82

http://www.mikegunnill.co.uk/Site/Menu.html

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 09.03.10 21:04

Mgunnill wrote:
kangdang wrote:

Are you saying her allegations are correct and that it was someone else who was 'duping good folk'? If so, kindly elaborate or are you too busy onphone to Carter Ruck? kissykissy
ufercoffy
ufercoffy

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mgunnill 11.03.10 9:53

ufercoffy wrote:
Mgunnill wrote:
kangdang wrote:

Are you saying her allegations are correct and that it was someone else who was 'duping good folk'? If so, kindly elaborate or are you too busy onphone to Carter Ruck? kissykissy

ppcorn onphone tongue
Mgunnill
Mgunnill

Activity : 82

http://www.mikegunnill.co.uk/Site/Menu.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby 11.03.10 10:00

Dearie me Mike (if it really is you) that smacks of the school playground... you're making a show of yourself mate.
Ruby
Ruby

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top