The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Online Store back open - Page 2 Mm11

Online Store back open - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Online Store back open - Page 2 Mm11

Online Store back open - Page 2 Regist10

Online Store back open

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Online Store back open - Page 2 Empty Re: Online Store back open

Post by sallypelt 10.01.14 0:19

canada12 wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
canada12 wrote:One thing about the New and Improved Online Shop - you have absolutely no way of knowing where your info and your credit card numbers, etc., are being sent. Since there's no link back to the main page, and just an email address supplied if you have questions... you could be sending your credit card details to some hacker in Timbuktu for all you know.

Does the security lock appear when one tries to donate?
Yes it does when you click on Check Out.
(little lock) https://shop.findmadeleine.com/checkout.sc

Does that mean it's legit and it protects your billing info?

I believe it does, canada
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.01.14 0:20

just got e mail back from webmaster to say they are updating main page now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 10.01.14 0:21

sallypelt wrote:
canada12 wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
canada12 wrote:One thing about the New and Improved Online Shop - you have absolutely no way of knowing where your info and your credit card numbers, etc., are being sent. Since there's no link back to the main page, and just an email address supplied if you have questions... you could be sending your credit card details to some hacker in Timbuktu for all you know.

Does the security lock appear when one tries to donate?
Yes it does when you click on Check Out.
(little lock) https://shop.findmadeleine.com/checkout.sc

Does that mean it's legit and it protects your billing info?

I believe it does, canada
Well, no one could ever accuse Kate and Gerry of being slapdash when it comes to the collection of money. All the t's crossed and i's dotted. No unlocked doors or erm, anything like, erm, that... er...
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Christina 10.01.14 0:23

Bellisa wrote:just got e mail back from webmaster to say they are updating main page now.
Nice one for checking and asking. Wondering if the webmaster counts as 'staff' for the purposes of the accounts, but I'm going off topic. Will check thread.
Christina

Activity : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 10.01.14 0:33

It seems to be genuine, it is announced on OFM facebook page and the link goes directly to their store, complete will lots of shills discussing how their children wear the t-shirts to sleep in (really? beyond sick imo), and how their old ones are outgrown and worn.  There seems to be a bit of a sales drive going on.  

This is quite possibly the worst bit of news for our 'campaign' - and even an eternal optimist such as I am struggling to make sense of it.  I wondered recently if it might have been the subject of litigation, and if there has been some kind of in camera hearing.  The shop goes live as the Fund accounts are published.  Could this be a huge 'phew' moment for the McCanns?  If there was any suspicion of fraud surrounding the Fund, it would be wrong on every level to allow it to continue trading.  This does not bode well, and combined with the recent immortal words of Dr. Sharon Leal, I wonder if SY really are going to go with the 3 burglars, even though it is probably the most ridiculous fairytale so far.

I hope someone can find something optimistic to say to say about this.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 10.01.14 0:36

Mirage wrote:
fpizza34 wrote:
Christina wrote:Perhaps I'm being stupid but this seems to be a completely different site, prefaced 'shop'. When you click home on the link given, it takes you to home of the shop, not the main site homepage. So where did this link come from, please?! Curious and thanks.
Web online store probably has a new address

Something not adding up here. This is their flagship official Find Madeleine site. The go-to place for all your info and holiday packages. Why confuse people with an online store completely divorced from this site? Why put off would be buyers with an extra hurdle to clear. Also there is no re-direction to the new shop address. I think it is faux.

I think it's faux too. You can't shop on the official find Madeleine page. I can't believe that I've only just seen the display page with the e-fits & the met police logo. I think it's very telling that its not on the actual site.
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.01.14 0:39

Dear, dear God. Firmly back with my gut feeling of 'Whitewash' - where I was 3 months ago - despite my heart and head starting to hope otherwise.

This is bad news.

Pd and libel case looking to be crucial now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.01.14 0:41

tangled web I have an e mail reply saying that they are amending site now.
Its telling how keen they are to get cash in given that both pages are not accepting donations simultaneously.

Cristobell That post was unbelievable, the child(3) felt close to Madeleine and this is why slept in the t shirt so Madeleine wasn't alone. Bizarre.

This has whitewash written all over it IMO.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 10.01.14 0:46

My god! What on earth is going on???  wail 
Tangled Web

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 10.01.14 0:50

Perhaps the Fund needs to sell a 'physical product' (i.e. tat) in order to comply with terms of trading. Maybe Enid O'Dowd or someone else on the forum with expertise in business law can confirm.

If the Fund only had donate buttons would that change its operating status? (I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud). If the Fund had NO products or donate buttons what would the company be trading as?

I see PayPal is reinstated. Also, interestingly the donate amounts are now in pounds.99p and .98p
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 10.01.14 0:55

aquila wrote:Perhaps the Fund needs to sell a 'physical product' (i.e. tat) in order to comply with terms of trading. Maybe Enid O'Dowd or someone else on the forum with expertise in business law can confirm.

If the Fund only had donate buttons would that change its operating status? (I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud). If the Fund had NO products or donate buttons what would the company be trading as?

I see PayPal is reinstated. Also, interestingly the donate amounts are now in pounds.99p and .98p

Someone on the OFM facebook page has helpfully suggested that the half million plus members of the site all donate £1 each - they need funds!
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Christina 10.01.14 1:04

Cristobell wrote:
aquila wrote:Perhaps the Fund needs to sell a 'physical product' (i.e. tat) in order to comply with terms of trading. Maybe Enid O'Dowd or someone else on the forum with expertise in business law can confirm.

Someone on the OFM facebook page has helpfully suggested that the half million plus members of the site all donate £1 each - they need funds!
Jeez. Surely though most of those liked the page under unusual circumstances.? Doubt that many of them would donate now. 

If some of them do, then mugs will be mugs or relatives will be relatives! Damn. I was hopeful for a while there.
Christina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.01.14 1:04

Unfortunately it is quite clear that with the reopening of the fund the Met have nothing on them, or, at least, are choosing not to persue anything against them. It's as simple as that.

Perhaps ITV have checked their facts considering the 'liar' woman's e-mails stating the McCanns were no longer under suspicion? Is it possible they are not referring to the PD's shelving of the case thereby suspending the arguido status, but to a more recent suspicion and subsequent dismissal of that status here in the UK? And so the fund goes live again and the McCanns appear in public together for the first time since CW at Everton and are happy and smiling?

In Portugal we trust...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 10.01.14 1:06

Cristobell wrote:

Of course they need funds - it's what the funds are being used for that is cloudy and you'd need a crystal ball to conjure up specific detail.

There might be some legal/business law reason for the limited company launching the 'new improved' on-line store (although what's new and improved is the same old tat and donate buttons with a slight change of poundage).

As for half a million people on the FB page being urged by a member to donate a pound - more fool them if they think half a million quid is going to find justice for Madeleine - it's found nothing yet.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 10.01.14 1:11

Could be a last ditch attempt at clawing in some cash if they think they're going to lose the trial. Or am I clutching at straws? It's the timing...the smiles at the footy, the '100% innocent' claim, the online store reopening all within the space of a few days. It could just be desperate damage limitation??
Tangled Web

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 10.01.14 1:12

Perhaps all of their goods are on sale. They have to make as much money as they can, I think.
They need a lot, to pay their lawyers, their house, etc.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by Christina 10.01.14 1:12

aquila wrote:
Cristobell wrote:

Of course they need funds - it's what the funds are being used for that is cloudy and you'd need a crystal ball to conjure up specific detail.

There might be some legal/business law reason for the limited company launching the 'new improved' on-line store (although what's new and improved is the same old tat and donate buttons with a slight change of poundage).

As for half a million people on the FB page being urged by a member to donate a pound - more fool them if they think half a million quid is going to find justice for Madeleine - it's found nothing yet.
You're right, Aquila. But it seems it may be the incompetent webmaster's fix, or whatever. Still want to know where his wages are parked in the accounts.

And you're soooo right about the money.. Nothing but legal bills and flights etc achieved there. Gnuhhh!
Christina

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 10.01.14 1:16

Tangled Web wrote:Could be a last ditch attempt at clawing in some cash if they think they're going to lose the trial. Or am I clutching at straws? It's the timing...the smiles at the footy, the '100% innocent' claim, the online store reopening all within the space of a few days. It could just be desperate damage limitation??
I wouldn't hold my breath but there really ought to be (imo) some sort of statement from the McCanns and the directors of the limited company to reassure those who donate that their money is not funding legal costs in a libel trial should the plaintiffs lose.

That would be the honest thing to do surely.

Just my opinion.

ETA: I still don't understand WHY the McCanns need money from the public anymore.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 10.01.14 1:19

Cristobell wrote:

Cristobell, where could the McCanns find half million of supporters?
Not at all!!!!!!!!
marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by Five Star 10.01.14 1:20

They could at least hand the medical records over....do a lie detector and answer all the questions .......  Then ask for more money    yes
Five Star
Five Star

Activity : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.01.14 1:20

After reading a comment from webmaster on that thread I believe it is Kate mccann.
She said something like, I spoke to Kate several days ago who told me that we have (whatever size) of t shirt in stock only. Again sorry I can't quote but this just reminded me of someone pretending not to be who they say they are if this makes sense.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 10.01.14 1:23

I'm taking the half million donations with a pinch of salt Aquila. Over 300,000 joined immediately following Crimewatch - highly unlikely, and following that documentary on companies buying 'likes' from third world countries, it is something the McCanns do regularly.

Something stopped the online store for a while. Their eagerness to part their supporters from their cash at this present time, suggests that the online store was not closed willingly and they do indeed need funds. Going back to my earlier theory, that is, the collecting of donations may have been the subject of litigation, and trading may have been suspended pending judgement (all done in a closed court) and the McCanns may have won a legal victory. That is, they are not (at this time) guilty of anything, nor are they suspects, officially or otherwise. Stopping them from collecting money may infringe their human rights or something.

This is pure speculation on my part, in the hope of finding something positive in this latest news. However, it may be that the Fund has been checked out and given the all clear to carry on, in which case we will almost certainly have to look to Portugal to get justice for this little girl.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 10.01.14 1:28

Bellisa wrote:After reading a comment from webmaster on that thread I believe it is Kate mccann.
She said something like, I spoke to Kate several days ago who told me that we have (whatever size) of t shirt in stock only. Again sorry I can't quote but this just reminded me of someone pretending not to be who they say they are if this makes sense.
There was also a comment in the summer (when the holiday packs have most impact - no tittering at the back there) along the lines of apologies for not fulfilling the orders quickly - Kate was not there - she'd be returning and orders would be sent out asap.

Back to the reason for the store. I still think there is a reason for the store being 're-launched' and I think it's a little more than appealing for funds. I'm hoping Enid can shed some light on whether the store is in fact necessary to operate the limited company or would the company have to close.

As for the timing - well you've got to hand it to them they never fail in that area.

Just my opinion.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 10.01.14 1:32

I think we need to look at the bigger picture really. Cameron has got the collywobbles about Duggan repercussions, The Duggan shooting has resurrected memories of Jean Charles de Menezes and Ian Tomlinson. Plebgate's an ongoing issue. The 6million Grange Investigation is on the ropes with nothing to show for it but gobbledy gook, topped off by a Christmas cracker joke of a CW, The Independent is leading on SY rotten to the core on their front page tomorrow with Keith Vaz leading the charge. Hillsborough and the IPCC  loom ever closer with HH needing to answer some salient questions. ITV and their lying programme is under fire on Twitter. The CMMTV reconstruction is being aired on Twitter and fb. Goncalo Amaral has done a revealing interview with a Norwegian news site. There are thousands of people watching developments now, here and abroad. The Libel trial is obviously a sensitive issue for the MSM who are churning out insulting rubbish like the Leal woman and the three burglars.

All in all, the MET are going to be forced to sanitise themselves or face increasing public wrath. People are aware of the McCanns. I have never met anyone who has a good word for them and I know it's the same for many of you. The British public can surprise. The sleeping bulldog at the moment, maybe. But there's a layering effect here and a McCann whitewash will see heads roll in the end.

Often it is the coming together of many unforeseen events that force a tipping point and new re-alignments. There will be a critical mass moment when the erstwhile elite realise public opinion is bubbling up and forcing issues. I think that's where we are poised at the moment.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 10.01.14 1:34

Maybe they got permission to reopen it, to sell the left overs of the store.
marconi

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top