The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13 - Page 2 Mm11

MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13 - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13 - Page 2 Mm11

MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13 - Page 2 Regist10

MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13 - Page 2 Empty Re: MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13

Post by marconi 28.12.13 0:05

Daisy wrote:
marconi wrote:My theory is that the Mirror is just finding a way to concentrate themselves on the Smith man without being sued. Although I didn't read the article, I think it is their goal.They are indirectly devaluating Jane Tanner, one of the Tapas.  
How to manage it, while Carter Ruck is around the corner?
I wonder if they know what is going on at the yard and at the PJ.

Another theory:   Somebody of the Yard said that there will be a possibility that the PJ could arrest people in England and that the Yard could do the same in Portugal.
My theory is that that is a game, to catch the MCanns. It is a way to force them to go to Belgravia and to confess the truth because they probably prefer to be arrested by the Met and than by the PJ, which will take them to Portugal, a different culture, another language, poor prisons, far from their families, different food...
Portugal can not do anything about the fraudulent fund but England will do, when the parents return,  after having
payed for their crime in Algarve. 
Is my theory ok?
Is your intuition usually correct?

hah hah hah! Funny! That is a theory, no intuition.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13 - Page 2 Empty And another one..Mirror tomorrow..

Post by Trust Your Instincts 28.12.13 0:10

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-anyone-saying-were-2965383

After being so quiet, here we go..
The Mirror seems to be running two stories tomorrow..

Ps Been away couple of days, Merry Christmas to you all  roses

Sometimes you just know. They know you know and eventually everyone else will just know too . Is it enough ? Sometimes it has to be.  pray2 
Trust Your Instincts
Trust Your Instincts

Activity : 39

Back to top Go down

MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13 - Page 2 Empty Re: MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13

Post by sallypelt 28.12.13 0:16

Scotland Yard have now concluded that the key sighting of a suspect carrying a child at around 9.15pm was, in fact, a sighting of an innocent dad.

This has changed the entire timeline of the incident and has opened up crucial new lines of enquiry.

Questions will be asked as to why the relevance of the information was not recognised earlier.

While there may have been an oversight by Leicestershire Police, there are two things we should remember.

They did not have access to all the material collected during the investigation and full responsibility for the case remained with the Portuguese at that time.

In their liaison role, they may have simply forwarded the questionnaires to Portuguese police without analysing them themselves.

Even if they did consider the content, they may not have realised the relevance without access to all of the material.

The information should have been recognised as of great relevance by the Portuguese police.

I would have expected any person saying they were innocently carrying a child at around the relevant time and place to be investigated and cross-referenced with other witness accounts.

That said, in a high-profile investigation, so much information floods in that it is all too easy for a crucial item to get lost.

At that time, the main focus of the investigation centred on the interpretation of the DNA evidence which had been recently made available.

This may have led to other potential lines of enquiry being overlooked.

No matter what the explanation, the fact that this “new” witness was in the system all along illustrates why case reviews are so important.

A review of all material, by new pairs of eyes and with the benefit of hindsight, almost always identifies something which has been overlooked.

In this case, it appears to have changed the basic understanding of what may have happened on Thursday, May 3, 2007.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-anyone-saying-were-2965383#ixzz2oiwhWYVS
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-anyone-saying-were-2965383
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 28.12.13 0:17

Cristobell wrote:I remain optimistic.  What are the chances of TWO police forces, one here in the UK and one in Portugal covering up whatever it is the McCanns have done?

I have been re-reading the rogatory statements today and time has not improved them. I was particularly interested to re-read David Payne's statement and the questioning about the phones and the phone call he made.  SY have at least said they are very interested in the phone traffic in and out of PDL.

Time has not done the McCanns any favours.  As each day passes this is looking more and more like a farce, the closure of the shop is I think hugely significant.
I hope you're right Cristobell. I find the questioning of DP over the phones quite interesting too.  I wonder if he did hand the 'pay as you go' phone (that arrived whilst Kate was being questioned) over to the Officer that requested it in the interview. I wonder.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 28.12.13 0:28

Reading between the lines, it's the Leicester police who appear to be getting the criticism. But we'll have to wait and see.

Leicestershire Police yesterday refused to comment on the latest revelations.
A spokeswoman said: “The disappearance of Madeleine McCann is being investigated by the Metropolitan Police and it would be inappropriate for us to comment.”
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “We are not giving a running commentary.”
A spokesman for the McCann’s last night declined to comment saying it is “a matter for Operation Grange.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/editors-picks/madeleine-mccann-bungling-police-prime-2965027
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.12.13 0:34

There's something in the air ... I'm so excited ...
Isn't that a song?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 28.12.13 0:36

Châtelaine wrote:There's something in the air ... I'm so excited ...
Isn't that a song?
There are two I can recall. Something in the Air Tonight, and the song from the Snowman, Walking in the Air
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.12.13 0:40

Whatever, I am completely uplifted at the moment with these two articles in the Mirror.
I may have slightly undersized perception abilities, as it's over 1:30am and I'm still trying to get a bl**dy [sorry sweet, very sweet] young terrier in, so that I can go to sleep [and the neighbours too]  laughat 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by currio 28.12.13 0:52

Is it possible the 'Gagging order' has expired as both articles were published on the 28th day @ 00.00 hr?
currio

Activity : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.12.13 0:57

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/editors-picks/madeleine-mccann-bungling-police-prime-2965027
The main story.

Don't get this. Nothing new since October and the main finger still pointing at the PJ. Dad did come forward in 2007 which explains why he still had all the clothes. This should've been made clear on CW. Not sure if I believe this to be true as Amaral would've leapt on it with both hands.

We know the PJ gave no credence to Tanner after the first week or so, but this looks like another attempt to discredit them from the good old MSM.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 28.12.13 1:00

How many more times does 'Creche Dad' need to be cleared & explained before he's removed as a suspect from the Find Madeleine website?

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 28.12.13 1:17

Dee Coy wrote:
The main story.

Don't get this. Nothing new since October and the main finger still pointing at the PJ. Dad did come forward in 2007 which explains why he still had all the clothes. This should've been made clear on CW. Not sure if I believe this to be true as Amaral would've leapt on it with both hands.

We know the PJ gave no credence to Tanner after the first week or so, but this looks like another attempt to discredit them from the good old MSM.

Do get this!

Only 10 days to 'judgement' in their libel claim against GA.

So i figure we have got 10 days of 'this' from the UK 'Madia'.

"Following Madeleine’s disappearance, Leicestershire police were responsible for collating all UK-based inquiries at the request of the Portuguese authorities."
It is not clear if the questionnaires were analysed by the British force or simply forwarded to Portugal.

Can't wait for Redwood and his 37 Met 'elites' to 'accuse' the entire Leicestershire Police force of 'bungling incompetence'!

Especially the Assistant Chief Constable, slightly higher 'rank' than Redwood, of Leicestershire Police speaking of Gerry and Kate McCann.

"While one or both of them may be innocent, there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance."
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 28.12.13 1:39

Cristobell wrote:
It looks like a press release from Team McCann to smear the Portuguese police.  If the PJ and SY are neck and neck as to who breaks the case, this latest story tells me that the PJ are ahead.  They may also be pre-empting the summing up in the libel trial on 7th January, when there is a good chance Goncalo Amaral's lawyer will raise the fact that the McCanns suppressed the Smith family e-fits for 5+ years and thereby caused far more damage to the search than Goncalo's book.
< snip >

IMO there is no competition as to which police force 'breaks the case' - the PJ and SY continue to work in tandem and there is every reason to suppose the eventual spoils will be divided equally with the honours going to the PJ with special mention of the work done by Dr Amaral and his team. while SY will pick up the kudos.

With regard to the ongoing trial which is to determine the merits of the McCanns' claim that publication of Dr Amaral's book, The Truth Of The Lie, caused them and their remaining children various harms which can only be redressed by monetary award and hampered the search for their eldest daughter, any 'summing up' falls to the Judge who is due to hear the closing arguments of the respective lawyers acting for the Plaintiffs and the four Defendants on 7 January 2014.  

As it would appear that alleged suppression of efits by the McCanns and/or their investigators has not been put before the Court by any of the defendants, again IMO, there is no chance that this issue will be raised by any of their lawyers at this late date without leave to introduce new evidence, or unless the Judge grants the McCanns' application to appear as witnesses before closing arguments are made and they are questioned on this specific matter.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 28.12.13 1:42

Hope all had a happy Christmas, busy with family here so belated good wishes. Just looking at Sky newspaper front pages review. Re the Mirror front page, the presenter's words

" POLICE INVESTIGATING THE DEATH OF MADELEINE MCCANN. "

ANOTHER MOMENT A LA BRUNTY.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by magrat70 28.12.13 2:01

Does this mean the McCann's will finally change their web site? Or explain why they withheld information for 5 long years?

Is it me or is it like The Mirror TiVo didn't record Crime watch and they didn't realise that we already knew that he had been cleared titter 
magrat70

Activity : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 28.12.13 2:42

Well let's hope 'Tanner Man' is gone from the McCann website pronto, like it should have been when CW was first aired.

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 28.12.13 2:44

I KNEW IT, I JUST KNEW I HAD SEEN THIS BEFORE!

MIRROR 28 DECEMBER 2013
The innocent dad agreed to be pictured in the clothes he wore in Praia da Luz at the time to prove he was the man in the police sketch previously seen as key to cracking the case.
His two-year-old’s pink pyjamas, which were described by Ms Tanner, were also brought to Scotland Yard to help prove his innocence.
DAILY MAIL 15 OCTOBER 2013
He even agreed to be pictured in the clothes he wore in Praia da Luz, on May 3, 2007, to prove he was the man in the police sketch previously seen as key to cracking the case.
His two-year-old's pink pyjamas, which were described by one of the McCann's closest friends, were also brought to Scotland Yard to help prove his innocence.

MIRROR 28 DECEMBER 2013
Ms Tanner, a close friend of Kate and Gerry, previously told officers that she saw the dark-haired man carrying away a child wearing pink floral pyjamas at 9.15pm on May 3, 2007.
One of the so-called “Tapas Seven”, she had been dining with the McCanns in a nearby restaurant when their daughter went missing.
Jane Tanner, a close friend of Kate and Gerry, previously told officers she saw a dark-haired man carrying away a child wearing pink floral pyjamas at 9.15pm on May 3, 2007.
One of the so-called ‘Tapas Seven’, Miss Tanner had been dining with the McCanns in a nearby restaurant when their daughter went missing.

MIRROR 28 DECEMBER 2013
has shifted detectives’ focus on to a later sighting at 10pm when an Irish family reported seeing a man walking towards the beach carrying a blonde girl in pyjamas
has shifted detectives’ focus on to a later sighting at 10pm when an Irish family reported seeing a man walking towards the beach carrying a blonde girl in pyjamas.

MIRROR 28 DECEMBER 2013
DCI Redwood said in  “Our focus in terms of understanding what happened on the night of May 3 has now given us a shift of emphasis. We are almost certain that the man seen by Jane Tanner is not Madeleine’s abductor.
“It takes us through to a position at 10pm when we see another man who is walking towards the ocean, close by to the apartment, with a young child in his arms.”
DAILYMAIL 15 OCTOBER 2013
DCI Redwood said: 'Our focus in terms of understanding what happened on the night of May 3 has now given us a shift of emphasis. We are almost certain that the man seen by Jane Tanner is not Madeleine's abductor.
'It takes us through to a position at 10pm when we see another man who is walking towards the ocean, close by to the apartment, with a young child in his arms.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2460669/Madeleine-McCann-kidnapping-innocent-British-father-mistaken-key-suspect.html

I want to be a highly paid journo at the Mirror!

I can cut,copy&paste pretty good too!

And wouldn't even have to leave the 'office' to face the nasty weather!

Gizza job, i can do that, gizza job!

ETA:
How funny would it be if the Mirror 'reporter' were to be accused of plagiarism by the Mail 'reporter'?
 laughat laughat laughat
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 28.12.13 3:41

If I'm not mistaken, this a double first.   Mr 

The first time a UK newspaper hasn't rubbished the PJ and has put the blame for 'bungling' firmly where it belongs.

And the first time "A spokesman for the McCann’s last night declined to comment saying it is “a matter for Operation Grange.”
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by watendlath 28.12.13 5:48

From the Mirror article:
He is understood to have provided a detailed description of his movements on the night, including the fact he had picked up his own two-year-old daughter from a crèche close to where Madeleine vanished.

I wonder if he explained how come he was walking back to the creche when Tanner spotted him, rather than away from it.
watendlath
watendlath

Activity : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth 28.12.13 6:29

Woofer wrote:Xenophobia from our press again.  Blame it on the Portuguese.
As usual, they've always blamed other countries, even though some countries do things better than us. How Embarassing.

READ THE POLICE FILES.

Did The Mirror forget to see crimewatch too, about this man?
If the portuguese knew all along, why did SY take 2 years to tell us on crimewatch he had turned up?
Seek truth

Activity : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 28.12.13 6:37

jeanmonroe wrote:I KNEW IT, I JUST KNEW I HAD SEEN THIS BEFORE!

MIRROR 28 DECEMBER 2013
The innocent dad agreed to be pictured in the clothes he wore in Praia da Luz at the time to prove he was the man in the police sketch previously seen as key to cracking the case.
His two-year-old’s pink pyjamas, which were described by Ms Tanner, were also brought to Scotland Yard to help prove his innocence.
He even agreed to be pictured in the clothes he wore in Praia da Luz, on May 3, 2007, to prove he was the man in the police sketch previously seen as key to cracking the case.
His two-year-old's pink pyjamas, which were described by one of the McCann's closest friends, were also brought to Scotland Yard to help prove his innocence.

MIRROR 28 DECEMBER 2013
Ms Tanner, a close friend of Kate and Gerry, previously told officers that she saw the dark-haired man carrying away a child wearing pink floral pyjamas at 9.15pm on May 3, 2007.
One of the so-called “Tapas Seven”, she had been dining with the McCanns in a nearby restaurant when their daughter went missing.
Jane Tanner, a close friend of Kate and Gerry, previously told officers she saw a dark-haired man carrying away a child wearing pink floral pyjamas at 9.15pm on May 3, 2007.
One of the so-called ‘Tapas Seven’, Miss Tanner had been dining with the McCanns in a nearby restaurant when their daughter went missing.

MIRROR 28 DECEMBER 2013
has shifted detectives’ focus on to a later sighting at 10pm when an Irish family reported seeing a man walking towards the beach carrying a blonde girl in pyjamas
has shifted detectives’ focus on to a later sighting at 10pm when an Irish family reported seeing a man walking towards the beach carrying a blonde girl in pyjamas.

MIRROR 28 DECEMBER 2013
DCI Redwood said in  “Our focus in terms of understanding what happened on the night of May 3 has now given us a shift of emphasis. We are almost certain that the man seen by Jane Tanner is not Madeleine’s abductor.
“It takes us through to a position at 10pm when we see another man who is walking towards the ocean, close by to the apartment, with a young child in his arms.”
DAILYMAIL 15 OCTOBER 2013
DCI Redwood said: 'Our focus in terms of understanding what happened on the night of May 3 has now given us a shift of emphasis. We are almost certain that the man seen by Jane Tanner is not Madeleine's abductor.
'It takes us through to a position at 10pm when we see another man who is walking towards the ocean, close by to the apartment, with a young child in his arms.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2460669/Madeleine-McCann-kidnapping-innocent-British-father-mistaken-key-suspect.html

I want to be a highly paid journo at the Mirror!

I can cut,copy&paste pretty good too!

And wouldn't even have to leave the 'office' to face the nasty weather!

Gizza job, i can do that, gizza job!

ETA:
How funny would it be if the Mirror 'reporter' were to be accused of plagiarism by the Mail 'reporter'?
 laughat laughat laughat

Terrific! Just noticed that inocent father dressed in the clothes he wore six tears earlier. I don't know, but not many men would either remember or fit into clothes six years old or indeed still have them.
He remembered that but never twigged he might have been JT's abductor despite all the best efforts of the media.
TM's finest never thought to check which parents might have been walking around with a child?

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 28.12.13 7:15

watendlath wrote:
From the Mirror article:
He is understood to have provided a detailed description of his movements on the night, including the fact he had picked up his own two-year-old daughter from a crèche close to where Madeleine vanished.

I wonder if he explained how come he was walking back to the creche when Tanner spotted him, rather than away from it.

Tannerman was originally Bundleman. IIRC, initially Tanner said a man was carrying a child/something wrapped in a blanket in the opposite direction, but changed her story to allow a Madeleine-like description and walking in the opposite direction.

I wonder if her change in story tallies date/timewise with this man coming forward in the initial days? I think the dates times of these two events would be highly indicative if they tally.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13 - Page 2 Empty Futile Gesture - but possibly someone will read it.

Post by PeterMac 28.12.13 7:45

(All fields completed on the original.  Many thanks JeanM)

MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13 - Page 2 <a href=MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13 - Page 2 114" />

MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13 - Page 2 <a href=MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13 - Page 2 213" />
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16595

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13 - Page 2 Empty Tannerman is STILL THERE

Post by PeterMac 28.12.13 7:52

0750, 28 Dec 2013

MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13 - Page 2 <a href=MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13 - Page 2 311" />

This has gone beyond farce.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13 - Page 2 Empty Let's stir

Post by PeterMac 28.12.13 8:04

MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13 - Page 2 <a href=MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13 - Page 2 410" />
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top