The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13

Post by aiyoyo on 29.12.13 11:49

@marconi wrote:I think that it is exagerated to give  the PJ the right to make arrests in England. Any Britsh police force can do it for them and deliver the suspects to Portugal. This always happens among other countries.
This exageration has a goal and I again repeat my theory: pressure on the McCanns. To do what?
This could mean that they still did not confess the truth. Perhaps they have being offered the possibility to pay for the crime in their own country or to be taken to Algarve. What do you mean? A plea bargain?
And I hope that the PJ are already at an airport, leaving to England, to pick them up and that there is a very short time for them to make a decision. From where is the indication for your hope?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion on 29.12.13 11:59

Thinking about why the McCanns have always pushed the abduction. Perhaps it is true. Maybe something happened in the apartment and Madeleine was moved somewhere discrete for treatment but she was abducted from there. Abduction from the apartment would raise fewer awkward questions, or so it was thought.

Sorry if this has come up before but I am quite new here.

mysterion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 29.12.13 12:07

@watendlath wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:
@canada12 wrote:I think the mere fact that they may all have had knowledge of what happened to Madeleine would result in charges being laid, eg, accessories to the crime. That's enough of a threat to buy someone's collusion and silence, I would think.

And if not that, then any number of unsavory reasons for bullying into collusion come to mind, all of them detrimental to a person's reputation and livelihood.

The longer this goes on the worse the scenarios we imagine.  Someone once asked asked why go to this amount of trouble to cover up a simple accident and the answer is inevitably that they must all have been sedating their children but even then there is the horror of what if there was something more?

But the strange thing about this case is that the more horrible the secret they might be trying to hide, the quicker  you'd think they would have tried to get themselves out of the spotlight, away from awkward police questions and nosy journalists and the rest.

They're not stupid, and they would have known that in order to make an abduction convincing they would have to do a bit of acting for a while, give false statements to the police, make public appeals, issue posters and so on. 
But they would also have had in mind, I'm sure, the fact that the more the case is scrutinized, the more likely they are to be found out...so they would have made a point of keeping everything as low-key as possible, and certainly when the PJ shelved the case you'd think they would have heaved a huge sigh of relief...that we'd have heard no more from them.

But as we all know, they did the exact opposite.

@ Watendlath - 

You ask why they didn`t keep low key and let things fade away.

Maybe they had to make a big scene and bring in the press in order to get MBM (or her body) back.

Maybe they had been dragged into being involved with a certain agency because of a stupid thing they had done in the past.  Maybe the agency has all the males of the T7 on a list.  So to avoid being exposed and losing their careers they are blackmailed into helping the agency set a trap to catch the big boys who run the criminal organisation.

Something goes wrong.  MBM (or her body) is taken by the agency and the head of the agency has no choice but to support the group.  They all have each other by the short and curlies.

And in the meantime GM decides to show this agency he means business by showcasing our victimhood and bringing in support from the public.

Just a possible theory and only IMO.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 29.12.13 12:25

@mysterion wrote:Thinking about why the McCanns have always pushed the abduction. Perhaps it is true. Maybe something happened in the apartment and Madeleine was moved somewhere discrete for treatment but she was abducted from there. Abduction from the apartment would raise fewer awkward questions, or so it was thought.

Sorry if this has come up before but I am quite new here.

Hi Mysterion, and welcome  smilie 

I tend to believe the special cadaver and blood dogs Mysterion, They alerted 11 times, independently and in the same places as each other, and only in the McCann apartment, car and to items of clothing belonging to Kate - and of course Cuddle Cat that she washed! The child is dead in my opinion.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by watendlath on 29.12.13 12:33

@Woofer wrote:
@watendlath wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:
@canada12 wrote:I think the mere fact that they may all have had knowledge of what happened to Madeleine would result in charges being laid, eg, accessories to the crime. That's enough of a threat to buy someone's collusion and silence, I would think.

And if not that, then any number of unsavory reasons for bullying into collusion come to mind, all of them detrimental to a person's reputation and livelihood.

The longer this goes on the worse the scenarios we imagine.  Someone once asked asked why go to this amount of trouble to cover up a simple accident and the answer is inevitably that they must all have been sedating their children but even then there is the horror of what if there was something more?

But the strange thing about this case is that the more horrible the secret they might be trying to hide, the quicker  you'd think they would have tried to get themselves out of the spotlight, away from awkward police questions and nosy journalists and the rest.

They're not stupid, and they would have known that in order to make an abduction convincing they would have to do a bit of acting for a while, give false statements to the police, make public appeals, issue posters and so on. 
But they would also have had in mind, I'm sure, the fact that the more the case is scrutinized, the more likely they are to be found out...so they would have made a point of keeping everything as low-key as possible, and certainly when the PJ shelved the case you'd think they would have heaved a huge sigh of relief...that we'd have heard no more from them.

But as we all know, they did the exact opposite.

@ Watendlath - 

You ask why they didn`t keep low key and let things fade away.

Maybe they had to make a big scene and bring in the press in order to get MBM (or her body) back.

Maybe they had been dragged into being involved with a certain agency because of a stupid thing they had done in the past.  Maybe the agency has all the males of the T7 on a list.  So to avoid being exposed and losing their careers they are blackmailed into helping the agency set a trap to catch the big boys who run the criminal organisation.

Something goes wrong.  MBM (or her body) is taken by the agency and the head of the agency has no choice but to support the group.  They all have each other by the short and curlies.

And in the meantime GM decides to show this agency he means business by showcasing our victimhood and bringing in support from the public.

Just a possible theory and only IMO.
Well, blackmail does make more sense than it being because of an accident etc...and it would explain why they've had to keep going.

watendlath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 29.12.13 12:44

Châtelaine wrote:@ PeterMac
IMO the real importance was that they were anything but long-sleeved ...
Nor long legged !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.12.13 12:47

@PeterMac wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:@ PeterMac
IMO the real importance was that they were anything but long-sleeved ...
Nor long legged !
Quite right. There's also the Monsoon and Gap clothes that KM speaks of which Châtelaine and quite a few people on the forum (including myself) have tried to find available on the dates in question without success.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 29.12.13 13:16

Re blackmail posts:

Seems highly unlikely in view of the government support which could have sorted it easily.

In fact if the press hadn't been called and supplied with cute pictures and complete fairy story we would barely know about it. There would have been no press to speak of a sad incident abroad. End.

Imo what happened was almost exactly what was meant to happen. Unless the posters in favour of blackmail implicitly believe there was an abduction.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 29.12.13 13:33

@tigger wrote:Re blackmail posts:

Seems highly unlikely in view of the government support which could have sorted it easily.

In fact if the press hadn't been called and supplied with cute pictures and complete fairy story we would barely know about it. There would have been no press to speak of a sad incident abroad. End.

Imo what happened was almost exactly what was meant to happen. Unless the posters in favour of blackmail implicitly believe  there was an abduction.

Bold - Unless there are people in the government that are also on `the list`.  I find it interesting that the McCs were communicating with, not only GB, but the Bliars very soon after - and letting the world know they had communicated with them.

As for `abduction`, it doesn`t necessarily have to be the McCs version of abduction.

GM could be fighting enemies from many quarters.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hongkong Phooey on 29.12.13 13:49

@Woofer wrote:
@tigger wrote:Re blackmail posts:

Imo what happened was almost exactly what was meant to happen. Unless the posters in favour of blackmail implicitly believe  there was an abduction.

Bold - Unless there are people in the government that are also on `the list`.  I find it interesting that the McCs were communicating with, not only GB, but the Bliars very soon after - and letting the world know they had communicated with them.

This thread has veered off to the theory section:-
http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/f31-debate-section-for-purporting-theories

Given the Mirror story and the ST printing an apology where do we go from here?

Hongkong Phooey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 29.12.13 22:09

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/04/full-transcript-of-bbc-searching-for.html

On the way she had seen a man carrying a child, close to the McCann’s apartment. The man has never been traced. Despite an appeal by the Portuguese police, and the release by the McCann’s of an artists impression. Gerry McCann is in no doubt that the man abducted his daughter.

(Gerry McCann) " I’m certain he took Madeleine. I'm absolutely certain because Jane GAVE the DESCRIPTION of the pyjamas that the child was wearing, which were an EXACT MATCH for what Madeleine had on and Jane had no idea what Madeleine had on. So she gave that information without knowing it. And that is what makes me convinced".

"Searching for Madeleine". BBC transcript.

So given that: Jane must have 'described' the pyjamas that Crecheman 'produced' for AR and the Met.

Solid ORANGE top, mainly BLUE bottoms with an elasticated ORANGE/RED band at bottom of pyjama 'bottoms'

The bottom of the pyjamas trousers she DID 'see'

NOT mainly WHITE with a PINKY 'aspect' as JT 'told' the whole world in November 2007! (Panorama)

In which, incidentally, the BBC 'placed' J Wilkins totally in the wrong 'place' on the wrong side of the street, despite having JW's sworn statement from May 2007, firmly putting himself 'chatting' to GM on the pathway, right next to the gate to McCanns apartment, 5A!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.12.13 22:12

@jeanmonroe wrote:On the way she had seen a man carrying a child, close to the McCann’s apartment. The man has never been traced. Despite an appeal by the Portuguese police, and the release by the McCann’s of an artists impression. Gerry McCann is in no doubt that the man abducted his daughter.

(Gerry McCann) " I’m certain he took Madeleine. I'm absolutely certain because Jane GAVE the DESCRIPTION of the pyjamas that the child was wearing, which were an EXACT MATCH for what Madeleine had on and Jane had no idea what Madeleine had on. So she gave that information without knowing it. And that is what makes me convinced".

So much for broadcasters only getting into action, when they have HARD evidence.
See post by "Over the Hill" in another thread ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.12.13 22:41

Châtelaine wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:On the way she had seen a man carrying a child, close to the McCann’s apartment. The man has never been traced. Despite an appeal by the Portuguese police, and the release by the McCann’s of an artists impression. Gerry McCann is in no doubt that the man abducted his daughter.

So much for broadcasters only getting into action, when they have HARD evidence.
See post by "Over the Hill" in another thread ...
Yeah, my thoughts too. Over to you, Over the Hill?

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 29.12.13 22:44

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm

BILTON: Describe exactly what he's carrying, what you can see.

JANE: Well I could see.. I could tell it was a child, and I COULD SEE the feet and... feet and THE BOTTOM of the pyjamas ( she just did not 'see' the ORANGE/RED elasticated bands at the bottom of the BLUE pyjamas BUT did 'see' 'pinky /white frills', at the bottom of each white/pink pyjama leg bottoms, which exactly 'matched' Madeleine's, which she didn't know about!) and I just thought that child's not got any shoes on because you could see the feet, and it was quite a cold night in Portugal in May it's not actually that warm, and I'd got a big jumper on, and I can remember thinking oh that parent is not a particularly good parent, they've not wrapped them up.

BILTON: And could you tell if it was a boy or a girl?

JANE: Only because the pyjamas had a pinky aspect to them to them so you presume a girl. It was actually quite cold.

BILTON: From your sketch he appears to be carrying the child in a sort of unusual way.

JANE: Yeah, (I) he was carrying sort of across the body like that. I suppose in hindsight you'd probably think somebody would carry them more against the shoulder.

BILTON: And I have to ask you this. Are you absolutely sure of what you saw? It was a long time ago and it was only for a brief period?

JANE: Brief period but at the time I knew what I'd seen. I gave that information to the police and because of the pyjamas  I'm absolutely convinced that is what i SAW.

(just a pity the pyjama's, she 'saw', were almost the exact polar OPPOSITE to the ones AR/CW showed us, on the BBC!)

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on 29.12.13 23:35

JANE: Yeah, (I) he was carrying sort of across the body like that. I suppose in hindsight you'd probably think somebody would carry them more against the shoulder.

Here, when she uses the word 'hindsight' it just seems an odd word to use in the context of describing something she saw. I think what she's actually saying here is - with hindsight I probably should've said the child was carried against the shoulder.

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadlego on 29.12.13 23:36

@Cristobell wrote:The list does indeed go on Sally.  Probably why we are struggling to believe that Madeleine will ever receive justice, there seem to be too many 'big' names who could be complicit.  Lets not forget Gerry's private chat with Gordon Brown!

However, I feel more optimistic now than I have at any time in the previous years.  I was re-reading David Payne's rogatory interview last night - can't believe anyone could possibly take it seriously - and was intrigued by the phone questioning.  It read as though the police officer was doing a 'Colombo' routine - that is, he would lull David Payne into believing the questioning had reached the end, exchange pleasantries, then remember 'Oh, just one more thing' and then another question about the phones.  

Referring to your list Sally, the line of questioning in DP's statement was pretty persistent on the people he called during the night of May 3rd/4th and we know that those records are part of this current enquiry.  Therefore ALL those called on that night might well find themselves answering questions.

I'm just reading David Payne's Rogatory at the moment for the first time, it's taking a couple of sittings to get through with how often this man says ermm etc, and I have found a couple of times already (haven't got to the bit about phones you speak of yet) where the officer seems to be asking him one thing fairly straightforward and immaterial as if to lull him into a false sense of security then says 'oh I forgot...' and asks him something a lot more serious in with it to catch him of guard- a Columbo routine indeed.

Deadlego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.12.13 23:38

@jeanmonroe wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm

BILTON: Describe exactly what he's carrying, what you can see.

JANE: Well I could see.. I could tell it was a child, and I COULD SEE the feet and... feet and THE BOTTOM of the pyjamas ( she just did not 'see' the ORANGE/RED elasticated bands at the bottom of the BLUE pyjamas BUT did 'see' 'pinky /white frills', at the bottom of each white/pink pyjama leg bottoms, which exactly 'matched' Madeleine's, which she didn't know about!) and I just thought that child's not got any shoes on because you could see the feet, and it was quite a cold night in Portugal in May it's not actually that warm, and I'd got a big jumper on, and I can remember thinking oh that parent is not a particularly good parent, they've not wrapped them up.

BILTON: And could you tell if it was a boy or a girl?

JANE: Only because the pyjamas had a pinky aspect to them to them so you presume a girl. It was actually quite cold.

BILTON: From your sketch he appears to be carrying the child in a sort of unusual way.

BILTON: And I have to ask you this. Are you absolutely sure of what you saw? It was a long time ago and it was only for a brief period?

JANE: Brief period but at the time I knew what I'd seen. I gave that information to the police and because of the pyjamas  I'm absolutely convinced that is what i SAW.

(just a pity the pyjama's, she 'saw', were almost the exact polar OPPOSITE to the ones AR/CW showed us, on the BBC!)
Lots of facts, there, Jean.  Mr 

What's your take on that, Over the Hill? Worth a questionning report? If not, why not?

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 29.12.13 23:57

Documentary broadcast: 30 April 2008

Gerry McCann: I think the worst thing is, we, kind of, almost thought about not going and, errm... and did. We weren't sure we were going to get into the Tapas, (to Kate) remember? And, errm...

Kate McCann: In fact, we were all...

Gerry McCann: But, you know...

Kate McCann: ...we were all going to go up to the Millennium again, that was... with the kids, which is what we did the first night. It was just, errm... it was just 'cause the walk was so long and we didn't have a buggy and the kids were tired by that time and I thought... we... we were... we did talk about going up to the Millennium that night.

FACT: IF anyone was absolutely 'sure' to get into the Tapas, that night May 3rd 2007, it was the McCanns!
Their table had been 'reserved' especially for them, all week!
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Kate McCann: ..."we were all going to go up to the Millennium again"
"we... we were... we did talk about going up to the Millennium that night."

Really?
Strange then, that NONE of the T7 has ever 'mentioned/talked' of going to the Millennium THAT night!

ETA: on the Panorama piece i believe the interviewer asking JT about pyjamas was Dermot Murnaghan, not Bilton.

Although, strangely, the BBC has never 'corrected' their transcript even though they have known about it for SIX years!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hongkong Phooey on 30.12.13 0:41

@Tangled Web wrote:JANE: Yeah, (I) he was carrying sort of across the body like that. I suppose in hindsight you'd probably think somebody would carry them more against the shoulder.

Here, when she uses the word 'hindsight' it just seems an odd word to use in the context of describing something she saw. I think what she's actually saying here is - with hindsight I probably should've said the child was carried against the shoulder.

I think you're quite right TW and I'd even go as far as to say she is just describing a picture that she probably had seen a few times during the holiday I.e. fathers carrying there kids at night but she made a mess of how the child was held.

Hongkong Phooey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 30.12.13 0:57

@jeanmonroe wrote:Documentary broadcast: 30 April 2008

Gerry McCann: I think the worst thing is, we, kind of, almost thought about not going and, errm... and did. We weren't sure we were going to get into the Tapas, (to Kate) remember? And, errm...

Kate McCann: In fact, we were all...

Gerry McCann: But, you know...

Kate McCann: ...we were all going to go up to the Millennium again, that was... with the kids, which is what we did the first night. It was just, errm... it was just 'cause the walk was so long and we didn't have a buggy and the kids were tired by that time and I thought... we... we were... we did talk about going up to the Millennium that night.

FACT: IF anyone was absolutely 'sure' to get into the Tapas, that night May 3rd 2007, it was the McCanns!
Their table had been 'reserved' especially for them, all week!
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Kate McCann: ..."we were all going to go up to the Millennium again"
"we... we were... we did talk about going up to the Millennium that night."

Really?
Strange then, that NONE of the T7 has ever 'mentioned/talked' of going to the Millennium THAT night!

ETA: on the Panorama piece i believe the interviewer asking JT about pyjamas was Dermot Murnaghan, not Bilton.

Although, strangely, the BBC has never 'corrected' their transcript even though they have known about it for SIX years!
When I saw footage of that particular interview, KM's pause before saying 'Millenium' and the convuluted explanation which followed before she mentioned 'Millenium' again was sufficient to persuade me that the group had another destination in mind for the Thursday night.

Had other events not intervened, IMO it's likely they would have headed off to Chaplins or one of the otherowntown bars they had frequented before while their children were ostensibly sound asleep in their own beds/cots in the group's various locked and unlocked apartments.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hongkong Phooey on 30.12.13 1:08

@ultimaThule wrote:

Had other events not intervened, IMO it's likely they would have headed off to Chaplins or one of the otherowntown bars they had frequented before while their children were ostensibly sound asleep in their own beds/cots in the group's various locked and unlocked apartments.
Is there any evidence that they visited Chaplins or is this just another forum myth?

Hongkong Phooey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Please remove if already posted - thanks

Post by GRACEFUL1 on 30.12.13 17:02

Madeleine McCann: Police wasted six years hunting wrong suspect
By Keith Kendrick Dec 30, 2013

Getty

Police wasted six years hunting the man they believed was the main suspect in the disappearance of [url=http://www.parentdish.co.uk/tag/Madeleine McCann/]Madeleine McCann[/url] – because they had already interviewed him.

The unnamed innocent dad – spotted in the Praia da Luz resort by McCann family friend Jane Tanner at the time the three-year-old went missing – was among a number of British witnesses who completed questionnaires for Leicestershire police.

He had come forward soon after Madeleine's disappearance in 2007 to say he was the person seen carrying a child in Portugal in an artist's impression that was circulated around the world.

But according to The Mirror, the information was overlooked and the British holidaymaker remained the main focus of the hunt until this year when Scotland Yard detectives finally tracked him down.

He is understood to have provided a detailed description of his movements on the night, including the fact he had picked up his own two-year-old daughter from a crèche close to where Madeleine vanished.

A source told the newspaper: "He had been clear then that he had picked her up at around the time of the sighting but for whatever reason he was not eliminated as a suspect. The fact the details of the prime suspect have been known all along doesn't look good."

The realisation that it was a false lead has shifted detectives' focus on to a later sighting at 10pm when an Irish family reported seeing a man walking towards the beach carrying a blonde girl in pyjamas.

Leicestershire Police refused to comment on the latest revelations.

A spokeswoman said: "The disappearance of Madeleine McCann is being investigated by the Metropolitan Police and it would be inappropriate for us to comment."

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "We are not giving a running commentary."

A spokesman for Kate and Gerry McCann told the newspaper that the new information was 'a matter for Operation Grange'.

GRACEFUL1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.12.13 17:11

The unnamed innocent dad – spotted in the Praia da Luz resort by McCann family friend Jane Tanner at the time the three-year-old went missing – was among a number of British witnesses who completed questionnaires for Leicestershire police.

Oh dear, oh dear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 30.12.13 17:19

Keith Kendrick should have done a little research before publishing that nonsense story. The Police (and presumably he means the Portuguese police) have not spent 6 years searching for the man seen by Jane Tanner, they never believed her from the start. If Keith Kendrick had bothered to take even a cursory look at the facts of this case, he would know that it is the McCanns, no-one else, who have promoted Tannerman, and they still promote him on their website now, despite his being categorically ruled out of the investigation.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 30.12.13 17:23

The bottom line on this is that: OPERATION GRANGE AND DCI ANDY REDWOOD WERE GIVEN THE E-FITS IN AUGUST 2011 BUT SAT ON THEM, DIDN'T RELEASE THEM TO THE PUBLIC, UNTIL OCTOBER 2013!

THUS HAMPERING THE SEARCH FOR THE PREDATORY PAEDO THAT HAD 'ABDUCTED' MADELEINE!

SURELY THE MCCANNS HAVE TO SUE SY/MET FOR WITHOLDING VITAL INFORMATION, FROM THE PUBLIC,  THAT COULD HAVE LED TO THE ARREST OF THE 'ABDUCTOR' OF THEIR DAUGHTER MADELEINE MCCANN, POSSIBLY 2 YEARS AND 2 MONTHS AGO.

THEY HAVE TO SUE SY/MET AND THEIR OLD CHUM, MET COMMISSIONER, BHH FOR NOT RELEASING THE E-FITS INTO THE PUBLIC DOMAIN, IN AUGUST 2011.

IF THEY DON'T SUE, THE MET POLICE, THE WHOLE WORLD, INCLUDING ALL OF THEIR HIGH POWERED 'SUPPORTERS' WILL ASK AND WONDER......... WHY NOT?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum