The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13

Post by lj on 28.12.13 8:30

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:
@watendlath wrote:
From the Mirror article:
He is understood to have provided a detailed description of his movements on the night, including the fact he had picked up his own two-year-old daughter from a crèche close to where Madeleine vanished.

I wonder if he explained how come he was walking back to the creche when Tanner spotted him, rather than away from it.

Tannerman was originally Bundleman. IIRC, initially Tanner said a man was carrying a child/something wrapped in a blanket in the opposite direction, but changed her story to allow a Madeleine-like description and walking in the opposite direction.

I wonder if her change in story tallies date/timewise with this man coming forward in the initial days? I think the dates times of these two events would be highly indicative if they tally.

I didn't want to bring it up again, but I recall well from the early weeks there was a story that bundleman was ruled out. I have nothing to proof though, just my memory that does not fail me often, yet, or maybe fails me big time, which would make it less of a burden for me. Indeed in the beginning also the emphasis was more on the bundle than pajamas.

BTW if the child was indeed picked up from a creche it is not necessarily the MW one.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 28.12.13 8:37

@PeterMac wrote:" />

A fictional story may be sold to different publishers as long as this is in the contract between the writer and the publisher.
Normally this means the writer reserves the right to publish elsewhere, usually in a different country.
This also applies to say an article in Country Life on horse riding.
Normally selling a story to other publishers in the same country doesn't happen.

But I would expect a journalist would not be allowed to do this when under contract with a paper. So the free exchange of these artcles must come from the editor or higher imo.
Or is whoever is in CM's old job pushing the tabloids to produce yet another storm of misinformation? 7/1/14 isn't far off.

You always get replies PM, this should be good! : 

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 28.12.13 8:45

@russiandoll wrote:Hope all had a happy Christmas, busy with family here so belated good wishes. Just looking at Sky newspaper front pages review. Re the Mirror front page, the presenter's words

" POLICE INVESTIGATING THE DEATH OF MADELEINE MCCANN. "

ANOTHER MOMENT A LA BRUNTY.
Oh RD, that IS interesting!

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 28.12.13 8:48

@marconi wrote:My theory is that the Mirror is just finding a way to concentrate themselves on the Smith man without being sued. Although I didn't read the article, I think it is their goal.They are indirectly devaluating Jane Tanner, one of the Tapas.  
How to manage it, while Carter Ruck is around the corner?
I wonder if they know what is going on at the yard and at the PJ.

Another theory:   Somebody of the Yard said that there will be a possibility that the PJ could arrest people in England and that the Yard could do the same in Portugal.
My theory is that that is a game, to catch the MCanns. It is a way to force them to go to Belgravia and to confess the truth because they probably prefer to be arrested by the Met and than by the PJ, which will take them to Portugal, a different culture, another language, poor prisons, far from their families, different food...
Portugal can not do anything about the fraudulent fund but England will do, when the parents return,  after having
payed for their crime in Algarve. 
Is my theory ok?

Who of the Yard said that? Or are you just speculating?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster on 28.12.13 8:57

The Mirror exists to make profit. Someone has made a commercial decision to publish this story. Front page news is on the front page to drive the newspaper sales. I wonder if this regurgitated rubbish will achieve it's objective. I'm going to see if the circulation/ sales moved as a result of this and if not I will write and inform the Money men at the mirror (not the editor) of this. Of course they will know if they are on top of their business.

If they are on top of their business!!! Of course circulation figures are massaged for the purposes of selling advertising so one would need to see the sales revenue on the day to really know. All good.

The Rooster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 28.12.13 8:58

@russiandoll wrote:Hope all had a happy Christmas, busy with family here so belated good wishes. Just looking at Sky newspaper front pages review. Re the Mirror front page, the presenter's words

" POLICE INVESTIGATING THE DEATH OF MADELEINE MCCANN. "

ANOTHER MOMENT A LA BRUNTY.

First time ever if I remember correctly official announcement of her death.

That will put a full stop to Mccanns Search oops FUND (I mean) campaign.

Now there's no reason to reinstate their PayPal.

No reason for them to appear on TV/news bleating on there's no evidence she's been harmed and someone needs to be searching for her.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 28.12.13 9:10

@marconi wrote:My theory is that the Mirror is just finding a way to concentrate themselves on the Smith man without being sued. Although I didn't read the article, I think it is their goal.They are indirectly devaluating Jane Tanner, one of the Tapas.  
How to manage it, while Carter Ruck is around the corner?
I wonder if they know what is going on at the yard and at the PJ.

Another theory:   Somebody of the Yard said that there will be a possibility that the PJ could arrest people in England and that the Yard could do the same in Portugal.
My theory is that that is a game, to catch the MCanns. It is a way to force them to go to Belgravia and to confess the truth because they probably prefer to be arrested by the Met and than by the PJ, which will take them to Portugal, a different culture, another language, poor prisons, far from their families, different food...
Portugal can not do anything about the fraudulent fund but England will do, when the parents return,  after having
payed for their crime in Algarve. 
Is my theory ok?
as good as any I have read thumbsup

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 28.12.13 9:17

Here's a thought. If it's true (as today's newspaper is claiming) that Bundleman came forward and identified himself six years ago... then did Team McCann know about this? They always seemed to know of every development concerning the case. If it turns out that six years ago they knew Bundleman was not the abductor, that means their website has been misleading the public for six years.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster on 28.12.13 9:18

All the UK press are experiencing big downturns in readership figures (these figures are probably more blagged than the circulation figures) over the last 3 years please see the link below for further details...

http://www.mediauk.com/newspapers/13701/daily-mirror/readership-figures

I think getting the Mirrors daily sales figures will be impossible for obvious reasons.  However I'm still going to write and ask the question regarding the no news headlines of the McCann story.

The Rooster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 28.12.13 9:19

Jean on the ball again. The difference in the Mirror report is that apparently he came forward in 2007 to identify himself as the person Jane saw. And in typical British journalistic fashion, the Mirror only reports what it thinks we need to see and omits out far more important info.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/editors-picks/madeleine-mccann-bungling-police-prime-2965027

"The innocent dad came forward in 2007 to say he was the person seen carrying a child in Portugal at the time the three-year-old vanished.

He is understood to have provided a detailed description of his movements on the night, including the fact he had picked up his own two-year-old daughter from a crèche close to where Madeleine vanished.

But his ‘alibi’ was only looked at this year."

What alibi?? The PJ didn't mention this man. There is no reference / inference to this man in the PJ files. If there was then six years ago he would have been ruled by the PJ and it would be in the files.

So it's Leicester police's fault? Is the Mirror saying they deliberately held onto evidence that could have advanced the ongoing investigation? Diplomacy is over - someone has to be jailed for this.

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 28.12.13 9:27

Are they saying LP withheld this?
Surely they need to ask PJ now whether they had this info from the uk police?

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 28.12.13 9:32

Tigger
“Or is whoever is in CM's old job pushing the tabloids to produce yet another storm of misinformation? 7/1/14 isn't far off.”

Has he actually gone or is it wishful thinking? He still shows as the family spokesman on his LinkedIn entry today.

Thanks.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 28.12.13 9:33

Also it would appear Kate and metodo also missed it when scrutinising all the info

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.12.13 9:39

Yeah, "everybody" missed it from PJ via TM and their range of P.I.'s till finally NSY unearthed it ...  winkwink 

IMO Tannerman doesn't exist at all. And that's a Catch 22 for K&G. IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 28.12.13 9:46

I'm not speculating about the PJ in England and the Yard in Portugal. I don't think it was Redwood who said tha but that other Yard authority who sometimes states about the case.  I read it or I heard it and the man refered to the European Union, if I understood it well, both countries belonging to it.
There is much too much said about Operation Grange in the last times. After it became an investigation, it was said that
the Yard could make arrests in Portugal and later I learned about the PJ in England.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praia on 28.12.13 9:54

For me the most important piece of the article is the picture with the caption  ' The scene. Praia da Luz.' 

It is where Dr Amaral and his men where very interested in searching.

Why have the Mirror used this picture?

May 2014 be a joyous one for us all and the year when Madeleine finally receives justice and peace.

May 2014 bring Dr Amaral and his family justice and a peaceful family life.

God Bless all of us who have, in our own way, been following Madeleine's case since May 2007.

The journey has been long and lonely, the crew has been small - but at last land is in sight with the bright lights of justice twinkling.

Praia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 28.12.13 9:57

Was not it that Redwood longer ago said that the Yard could make arrests in Portugal?  Or am I wrong?

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 28.12.13 10:06

Châtelaine wrote:Yeah, "everybody" missed it from PJ via TM and their range of P.I.'s till finally NSY unearthed it ...  winkwink 

And that leaves the prospect the person Operation Grange has identified is also made up. I still can't rack my brains around the pyjama bottoms his daughter wore were similar to what Madeleine was said to have worn.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2460669/Madeleine-McCann-kidnapping-innocent-British-father-mistaken-key-suspect.html

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id30.html

A million to one shot?

And now the Mirror want us to believe he reported himself to an unnamed police force in 2007. They can't prove it.

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 28.12.13 10:09

I just found a video on Youtube,  Holland's Got Talent,

a 9 years old beautiful girl, Amira Willighagen, singing Ave Maria. I had tears in my eyes, thinking of Madeleine who missed this life.  A terrible feeling.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 28.12.13 10:26

The British media are always refering to sources,  source here,  a source there.
That is why the UK is often so wet.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.12.13 10:30

@SixMillionQuid wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:Yeah, "everybody" missed it from PJ via TM and their range of P.I.'s till finally NSY unearthed it ...  winkwink 

And that leaves the prospect the person Operation Grange has identified is also made up.  [...].
Well, yes, that's what I mean. And that's why I call it a Catch-22. IMO K&G know they've been caught out lying, but they cannot admit that. And they cannot accuse NSY of lying either ... So they just keep figuring their "main person of interest" on the website. And not Smithman. Having suppressed their PI's report on this, makes them look even more shady. All IMO, of course, as well as that I think the present press articles are deliberately putting pressure on them.

Back to top Go down

Post by watendlath on 28.12.13 10:33

Smokeandmirrors wrote:

...initially Tanner said a man was carrying a child/something wrapped in a blanket in the opposite direction, but changed her story to allow a Madeleine-like description and walking in the opposite direction. 

I did a check on that: here is the relevant part from Tanner's witness statement from May 4th:

Jane Tanner - witness statement 04 May 2007, 11.30am

Meanwhile a man appeared* carrying a child**, with a hurried walk, it being this detail together with the fact that the child dressed in pyjamas, without being wrapped up in a blanket, that caught her attention. 
She only managed to see him from the side, with the child in his arms. She noticed the individual's presence exactly when she had just passed by Gerry and Jez who were talking, having seen this person step off the pavement that borders on the apartment block where they were staying and rapidly cross the road.

Further down the page (of the above link)is a map she drew to show where he was heading:

ie he was heading to the right at the top of the road.

lj wrote:
BTW if the child was indeed picked up from a creche it is not necessarily the MW one.

If you look back at the CW video, when Redwood says that they realised there was a night creche, they show a map of where the creche is, lit up with a red light, and it looks to be in the direction Tannerman was headed.

watendlath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 28.12.13 10:54

@watendlath wrote:
Smokeandmirrors wrote:

...initially Tanner said a man was carrying a child/something wrapped in a blanket in the opposite direction, but changed her story to allow a Madeleine-like description and walking in the opposite direction. 

I did a check on that: here is the relevant part from Tanner's witness statement from May 4th:

Jane Tanner - witness statement 04 May 2007, 11.30am

Meanwhile a man appeared* carrying a child**, with a hurried walk, it being this detail together with the fact that the child dressed in pyjamas, without being wrapped up in a blanket, that caught her attention. 
She only managed to see him from the side, with the child in his arms. She noticed the individual's presence exactly when she had just passed by Gerry and Jez who were talking, having seen this person step off the pavement that borders on the apartment block where they were staying and rapidly cross the road.

Further down the page (of the above link)is a map she drew to show where he was heading:

ie he was heading to the right at the top of the road.

lj wrote:

If you look back at the CW video, when Redwood says that they realised there was a night creche, they show a map of where the creche is, lit up with a red light, and it looks to be in the direction Tannerman was headed.
  Can someone please help me out here?
I've just looked at the map on the Crimewatch programme, and to me it would mean that the 'Tannerman' was heading towards the creche with a sleeping child ? Has it ever been said whether he was taking the child to or from the creche?
Also I still find it difficult to believe that the pattern on the pyjamas was visible from that distance and at night.

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 28.12.13 11:06

Worried mum, indeed you are correct, it's another detail that doesn't quite fit....

Also, under the orange street lights the colour pink doesn't appear pink. Jane tanner is a big fat fibber.

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 28.12.13 11:07

"Has it ever been said whether he was taking the child to or from the creche?"

You would think with an alibi this question would be answered, but nope. We dont even know if the said creche knows who this man is or if he was on their records.

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum