The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Cuddle Cat is here to tell her story - Page 2 Mm11

Cuddle Cat is here to tell her story - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Cuddle Cat is here to tell her story - Page 2 Mm11

Cuddle Cat is here to tell her story - Page 2 Regist10

Cuddle Cat is here to tell her story

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cuddle Cat is here to tell her story - Page 2 Empty Re: Cuddle Cat is here to tell her story

Post by Guest 30.11.13 15:51

Aquila - it may just be me but there are no pictures with your last post.

I am wondering why CC has decided to tell all to this forum - surely the tabloids would fall over themselves, offering vast amounts of cat food as a bribe, to get the story.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Cuddle Cat is here to tell her story - Page 2 Empty Re: Cuddle Cat is here to tell her story

Post by Guest 30.11.13 16:25

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I am wondering why CC has decided to tell all to this forum - surely the tabloids would fall over themselves, offering vast amounts of cat food as a bribe, to get the story.
No, I missed aquila's pictures too. I would like to see them.

Why am I now telling all?

Because it's way past time that the cat was put amongst the pigeons
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Swannie 30.11.13 19:59

Were you ever tempted to change your name to Bagpuss or 'It's a disaster!' - or rather 'It's a catastrophe!'??
Swannie

Activity : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.11.13 22:05

Swannie wrote:Were you ever tempted to change your name to Bagpuss or 'It's a disaster!' - or rather 'It's a catastrophe!'??
Given the stories I heard after 3 May 2007, more like 'Muddle Cat'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.11.13 23:58

Well, just back from my late night prowl, just a few minutes in which to have a bit of a whinge.

It's not often I have a whinge, but sometimes Jon Corner gets right up my nose.

I mean, for months I was out there in the summer heat, in a bag, out of a bag, clutched against Kate's nose, then chucked on one side when the cameras stopped rolling.

And then everybody starts asking very awkward questions about those body fluids in the hired car - you know, the ones which Amaral said proved that Madeleine's body was transported in it.

And what did Jon Corner have to say to explain away those body fluids (and that smell which made the car stink to high heaven, so much so that Michael Wright had to leave the car boot open at night for weeks on end? (The neighbours noticed, just as good 'Neighbourhood Watch' people would).

Well, who do you think got the blame for the fluids and the smell?

You've guessed?

Yes, ME!

When I heard about this report in The Times, believe me I was like a cat on a hot tin roof!

I quote from The Times:

Jon Corner, a godfather of one of the McCanns’ children, said: "The Cuddle Cat was reeking with Madeleine’s DNA. That easily explains why DNA has been found in the hire car and on clothing that Kate bought after Madeleine disappeared".

Great!!

So I was REEKING, was I??.

And even LEAKING!

I didn't know that DNA could 'leak'. So what they're saying is that my DNA rubbed off in the hired car. Really? They just put me on the back shelf of the car and all of a sudden Madeleine's DNA is all over the car?? And all over some of Kate's clothes??

And for goodness sakes, I'd already been thoroughly washed on 8th May.

And wait another minute.

Since when has DNA reeked?

I remember that once before on this forum, Angelique asked this question:

“What of DNA. Now that we have this useful tool - could it be any help one way or the other?”

There was a long and rambling answer from another forum member.

It began like this:

"Indeed. It is just 60 years since, in 1953, two British scientists, Francis Crick and James Watson, announced the famous‘double-helix’ construction of DNA, telling us for the first time in history much more precisely how we are all made".

Well, all this science bit goes over my head. But can any forum member tell me of any scientific paper or any other evidence that DNA stinks?? Did Crick and Watson discover that? If not them, who? 

How many people on this forum for example have got DNA that smells?

As a cat with a strong sense of smell (not as strong as Eddie's, though I hate to admit it), I could name a good few substances that give off a strong smell. 

Jon Corner was basically  trying to make out that Madeleine's DNA being found all over the car and on some of Kate's clothes was something the cat brought in.

I wasn't at all pleased.

I mean, one minute being nearly ripped to pieces in the jaws of Eddie.

And then - being blamed for the PJ making Kate and Gerry arguidos!!!

But then, when I start to think about that and start feeling angry, I remember something.

It was Jon Corner that brought me to Madeleine.

Jon Corner who bought me from that shop. 

Jon Corner who became Madeleine's godfather.

Jon Corner who cared enough to come over and film that trip to Huelva.

And then I melt.

And forgive him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 01.12.13 0:34

You are a very clever cat Cuddle Cat.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 01.12.13 0:53

It seems obvious to me that you're not the type who would rub up to tyre wells and key fobs, and I sincerely hope you haven't fallen victim to Stockholm syndrome, CuddleCat.   Please try to remember that, if it hadnt been for Jon Corner, you might have become the cherished pet of a little girl or boy whose parents would never have subjected you to such indignities.

But, do tell... where are you writing from?  Do you occupy a spot close to the ceramic 'money box' which has pride of place on the majestic mantlepiece in Rothley Towers, or have you been consigned to the bedroom which is near to bursting with birthday and christmas gifts for Madeleine?  (If the latter, have you had a sneaky peek at any of them? I promise I won't breathe a word to anyone else)
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 01.12.13 1:12

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Aquila - it may just be me but there are no pictures with your last post.

I am wondering why CC has decided to tell all to this forum - surely the tabloids would fall over themselves, offering vast amounts of cat food as a bribe, to get the story.
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Have been busy today.

When I posted 'how to wash a cat' the images showed up. I was thrilled as I've never once successfully managed to post an image. I just tried again with 'host an image' and nothing happens.

Could someone remind me how to do it again please? Ta very muchly
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 01.12.13 1:27

Well I'm very much a technophobe, but all I do is click on the right hand side, press copy on image, then paste, voila! works for me. smilie

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 01.12.13 1:31

Daisy wrote:Well I'm very much a technophobe, but all I do is click on the right hand side, press copy on image, then paste, voila! works for me. smilie
Thanks Daisy, here goes....

eta. It didn't work - image showed on screen, then replaced by a load of codes, then nothing.

Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 01.12.13 1:39

aquila wrote:
Daisy wrote:Well I'm very much a technophobe, but all I do is click on the right hand side, press copy on image, then paste, voila! works for me. smilie

eta. It didn't work - image showed on screen, then replaced by a load of codes, then nothing.

thinking Hmmm...  I dunno then Aquila.  When you right click do you get a 'copy image' option?

Unknown

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 01.12.13 1:49

Daisy wrote:
aquila wrote:

thinking Hmmm...  I dunno then Aquila.  When you right click do you get a 'copy image' option?
Yes, and when I paste it into a reply the image shows for a second and then turns into a load of code.

I've tried the 'host image' and nothing happens either. It's a shame because the images are quite funny when put in context with 'how to wash a cat'.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 01.12.13 1:58

aquila wrote:
Daisy wrote:
aquila wrote:

Yes, and when I paste it into a reply the image shows for a second and then turns into a load of code.

I've tried the 'host image' and nothing happens either. It's a shame because the images are quite funny when put in context with 'how to wash a cat'.
Aww.. can you post the link then & maybe I can post the images for you?

Unknown

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 01.12.13 1:58

I experienced something similar earlier.  I copied some text, pasted it on a reply, and added a couple of paragraphs of my own words and when I previewed it, what I'd written had turned into a jumble of codewords interspersed with my words while the copied text was perfect.   It kept happening so I gave up.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 01.12.13 2:04

Daisy wrote:
aquila wrote:
Daisy wrote:
aquila wrote:

I don't have a link Daisy, the photos are saved onto my pc.

I can't pm them to you either because it doesn't work that way. I'll try emailing them to someone on the forum and see if they can post them. It'll have to be later today (most people are in snoozyland at the mo).
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 01.12.13 2:10

ultimaThule wrote:I experienced something similar earlier.  I copied some text, pasted it on a reply, and added a couple of paragraphs of my own words and when I previewed it, what I'd written had turned into a jumble of codewords interspersed with my words while the copied text was perfect.   It kept happening so I gave up.
When that's happened to me in the past I stick the whole lot into word then copy and paste it back into a reply. Sometimes pooters are bonkers.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 01.12.13 2:12

aquila wrote:
Daisy wrote:
aquila wrote:
Daisy wrote:
aquila wrote:

I can't pm them to you either because it doesn't work that way. I'll try emailing them to someone on the forum and see if they can post them. It'll have to be later today (most people are in snoozyland at the mo).
Ahh I see. Never mind, you'll sort it some way I'm sure. I would normally be in snoozyland right now too but have the In Laws staying over from Spain & everything's a bit topsy turvy right now.

Unknown

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 01.12.13 2:29

Daisy wrote:
aquila wrote:
Daisy wrote:
aquila wrote:
Daisy wrote:
aquila wrote:

Ahh I see. Never mind, you'll sort it some way I'm sure. I would normally be in snoozyland right now too but have the In Laws staying over from Spain & everything's a bit topsy turvy right now.
I'm up in the wee small hours as I just can't sleep. It's either watching Foyle's War or looking at the forum (I'm ignoring the pile of ironing - if I squint it's almost invisible).
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 01.12.13 2:48

aquila wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:I experienced something similar earlier.  I copied some text, pasted it on a reply, and added a couple of paragraphs of my own words and when I previewed it, what I'd written had turned into a jumble of codewords interspersed with my words while the copied text was perfect.   It kept happening so I gave up.
When that's happened to me in the past I stick the whole lot into word then copy and paste it back into a reply. Sometimes pooters are bonkers.
I've written the equivalent of several editions of War & Peace on this netbook which hasn't got word and, consequently, they're floating around somewhere in the ether. sad
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 01.12.13 2:56

ultimaThule wrote:
aquila wrote:
I've written the equivalent of several editions of War & Peace on this netbook which hasn't got word and, consequently, they're floating around somewhere in the ether. sad
I know this is digressing from the topic (which I'm sure will get back to business soon) but there must be an awful lot of stuff in that thar ether. How many times have we written something marvelous having spent ages carefully composing our thoughts, committing ourselves to writing, editing and presenting things as best we can to find one press of a button and it's in the....ether!

I'd love to read what's in the ether. It must be full of interesting stuff that never made it.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.12.13 9:19

ultimaThule wrote:It seems obvious to me that you're not the type who would rub up to tyre wells and key fobs, and I sincerely hope you haven't fallen victim to Stockholm syndrome, CuddleCat.   Please try to remember that, if it hadnt been for Jon Corner, you might have become the cherished pet of a little girl or boy whose parents would never have subjected you to such indignities.

But, do tell... where are you writing from?  Do you occupy a spot close to the ceramic 'money box' which has pride of place on the majestic mantlepiece in Rothley Towers, or have you been consigned to the bedroom which is near to bursting with birthday and christmas gifts for Madeleine?  (If the latter, have you had a sneaky peek at any of them? I promise I won't breathe a word to anyone else)
I'm trying to remember, now, but, no, I don't think I rubbed up to the tyre well and I certainly never touched a key fob.

I am aware of Stockholm Syndrome, but I really don't think that applies to me.

As I've tried to explain already, I am GRATEFUL for having had the exciting experiences that I have had, even though it has been somehwat of a roller-coaster ride, what with that barking mad dog Eddie to cope with and then being accused of spreading stinking DNA all over the place.

The second part of your post does, however, make me sad.

You see, back on 9th September 2007, I travelled back to England, packed tightly in one of what seemed like dozens of suitacses, mostly carrying Kate's enormous clothes collection, which seems to have grown exponentially since Madeleine disappeared.

And, as the article below confirms, I have been placed back on Madeleine's bed, by her pillow, awaiting Madeleine's return.

It is a very lonely existence, with no child to cuddle me at night-time.

In fact, I count the days that I've spent alone here, in the room. Today, 1 December 2013, I have spent 2,275 days in this lonely room since that hurried trip back to England, followed by days of what seemed like innumerable conversations with lawyers and public relations agents going on downstairs in the hall.

But I do have my memories, and let's face it, am I now the best-known and most-photographed cat in the world. I replay in my mind lots of happy and exciting memories. I think I need counselling about what that dog Eddie did to me, though. I get awful flashbacks and panic attacks, wondering if Martin Grime or some other dog handler will come along set about sniffing me AGAIN.

I do get Kate coming in to see me every day though. She comes in. She thinks. Sometimes she prays. That is, when she's here, and not on TV again, being a roving ambassador for Missing People, visiting lawyers and public relations experts, or chatting to world-wide celebrities like Oprah Winfrey and Piers Morgan. And I don't get taken on her frequent trips to stay with the Hubbards in Praia da Luz, either.

I just WISH that at least she would allow a newspaper to come in and take just ONE photograph of Madeleine's bedroom, with me lying there on the pillow.

Then I would be famous again.

Even if only for one day.

aquila, did you get your problem about uploading photos sorted out? I'd like to see those photos of yours!

Meantime, here's that recent article I mentioned: 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madeleine McCann's bedroom remains the same six years after disappearance
By Keith Kendrick May 02, 2013

It is nearly six years since Madeleine McCann went missing, but in that time one thing hasn't changed – the little girl's bedroom.
Her mum Kate revealed her daughter's bedroom has remained untouched since Maddie disappeared and that she seeks comfort by spending time in the room.

Kate said: "I do have the key to our local church, but I don't always need to go there. Sometimes I can go into Madeleine's room and I don't even have to talk - I can just think.

"It's as it was really - that's her room. Sometimes people ask me if there will ever come a time when I change that room and it's difficult because in your head that indicates moving on and I'm not there."

The couple, from Rothley, Leicestershire, also told how they fear letting missing Madeleine's brother and sister stay away from home.
They said eight-year-old twins Sean and Amelie have not been allowed to sleep over at friends' houses.

Madeleine was three years old when she vanished from the family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal on May 3 2007. The youngster has never been found despite an international search led by British police.

Kate, speaking ahead of the sixth anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance on Friday, has admitted she hardly lets twins Sean and Amelie out of sight.

She said: "They haven't had any sleepovers with friends and I know that goes on a lot."

Although another year has passed since Madeleine went missing, they are confident they might be in a better position as the Metropolitan Police continue to review the case.

"In many ways things haven't changed and you could argue that, with the Met review two years in, we are actually in a better place because so much more information has been collated and lots of pieces of the jigsaw have been filled," Dad Gerry, 44, told the Press Association.

"It's just about keeping looking, find out what's happened to Madeleine and hopefully finding those responsible."

He said he was confident in the work being carried out by the Met, adding: "This is what we campaigned for and Kate will tell you that the Met are absolutely determined to see the job through. They feel like they are getting their teeth into the job."

Kate, 45, added: "When people come in they are always really enthusiastic to help and as time goes by, if you don't yield results people's motivation can wane. I think the opposite has happened with the Met. They seem to be more determined than ever."

The couple, who will mark the anniversary with a service in their village, said although they struggle with various occasions, including Madeleine's birthday, they are coping with her absence.

"Probably the last couple of years it's been a new normality," said Gerry. "We have adapted to our situation. There isn't so much intrusion and we're not in the public eye very much so those pressures have disappeared.

"The thing for Kate and I was always about having a proper search and turning over every stone and we feel like that is being done."

But he said that did not mean they did not still have hope: "Of course we miss Madeleine terribly but we still hope that we will find her. We are still in the same situation and for us we have got to keep going until we find Madeleine and those responsible."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.12.13 9:26

Daisy wrote:You are a very clever cat Cuddle Cat.
Not really.

It's just that fate has dealt me a fascinating hand, with not a few secrets to tell.

I was in Praia da Luz all that week (after they took me out of the suitcase on 28 April) and saw everything happen.

All in good time
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by oakeso 01.12.13 9:41

TheRealCuddleCat wrote:I was in Praia da Luz all that week (after they took me out of the suitcase on 28 April) and saw everything happen.

All in good time
Cuddle Cat, it's so good to know that you're alive and well after so long. 

A little off topic but you're familiar with the old "curiosity killed the cat etc" and thankfully you have 8 lives left and all. 

But well, it's the "information" bit that I'm concerned with and well, how is your waistline? Do you have a recent picture you can share with us?

Activity : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.12.13 10:06

oakeso wrote:
 Do you have a recent picture you can share with us?
No, sorry.

I've not been photographed since August 2007 (as far as I know).

One of the very last photos of me is in the PJ files - and was made public in August 2008 - so I suppose in a way that's the very latest NEW photo of me:

But it was taken a year earlier (August 2007).

All alone in a police station, I was!

I wondered if I was heading for the cells!

oakeso, I will tell you of one disappointment.

They didn't take me to the police station on 7 September 2007 when they were interrogated about what happened to Madeleine.

Have a look at this short clip, just over a minute long:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Right at the end, you'll see Kate coming out of the police station with her bag, but NOT with me poking my head out for the cameras.

I really wanted TO BE THERE!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 01.12.13 10:16

You did enter the police station with Kate on that day though, you were peeping out the top of her bag as she went in.  What happened ?

sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top