The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why are there 17 similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

5% 5% 
[ 6 ]
4% 4% 
[ 5 ]
27% 27% 
[ 33 ]
64% 64% 
[ 78 ]
 
Total Votes : 122

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by PeterMac on 27.10.13 11:01

@jowie wrote:I would be interested to read Tony's thoughts on this breaking news.  Smithman, whether GM or RM or indeed someone else -  the info being supressed for over 5 years by the McCanns ???    E-fits missing from Kate's book ?   Talk about hindering the search ....
Don't forget that Tony is the only person in the world forbidden to say that Tannerman was bogus.
Everyone else can say it, the McCanns can admit it, but he is STILL forbidden to say it, and will be sent to prison if he does so.
The McCanns and Carter-Ruck, acting together ensured that.

I imagine that TB may be speaking to a lawyer or even the Police, some time soon, about malicious prosecution, perjury,
Conspiracy to Pervert the Course of Justice, and perhaps a few more things.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by aquila on 27.10.13 11:38

@PeterMac wrote:
@jowie wrote:I would be interested to read Tony's thoughts on this breaking news.  Smithman, whether GM or RM or indeed someone else -  the info being supressed for over 5 years by the McCanns ???    E-fits missing from Kate's book ?   Talk about hindering the search ....
Don't forget that Tony is the only person in the world forbidden to say that Tannerman was bogus.
Everyone else can say it, the McCanns can admit it, but he is STILL forbidden to say it, and will be sent to prison if he does so.
The McCanns and Carter-Ruck, acting together ensured that.

I imagine that TB may be speaking to a lawyer or even the Police, some time soon, about malicious prosecution, perjury,
Conspiracy to Pervert the Course of Justice, and perhaps a few more things.
I sincerely hope Tony does consult lawyers.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by Guest on 27.10.13 11:59

The 17 similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?
Because there had to be enough similarities in the fabricated Tannerman to the real Smithman.

After whoever was spotted by the Smith family, there had to be another sighting, similar, going in the opposite direction, at a different time.

It is a horrible thought but I am not sure if Madeleines body (assuming she was deceased going on the dog's findings), was originally put on the beach. And not hidden too well expecting that it would be found and blamed on the "paedophile" that snatched her out of her bed. 
(Shame they didn't do a dry run with window and shutters and curtains, and doors.)
But after the Smiths saw the person carrying Maddie in the direction of the beach, the body was moved by one or other or all 3 of the members of the T9 who were on the beach during the early search.
She couldn't now be found there. They had been seen.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by Cerinthe on 27.10.13 13:11

My assumption has always been that Gerry knew he was seen by the Smiths when he was carrying Madeleine through the streets, so Jane Tanner was volunteered to concoct another earlier sighting, to make it look like Madeleine was removed from the apartment at a different time, and to neutralise any possible Smith identification of Gerry. 

No communication would be needed between the Smiths and Jane Tanner in that scenario, and it wouldn't be a coincidence but rather part of the false story the group was creating before the police arrived, as they wrote out timelines on Madeleine's book cover rather than running through the streets looking for her and her abductor.   I also always thought that any resemblance between Gerry and Bundleman was caused by Jane's subconscious working away out of her control. 

The Smiths not reporting the sighting immediately would be explained by the fact that people are not always aware of the significance of what the've seen until after some reflection on events.   Similarly as has been said already, it took a specific set of circumstances i.e. seeing Gerry actually carrying a child,  to jog the Mr Smiths memory.  It's not that unusual for memory to be stimulated at a later date, it's one of the reasons the police stage physical reconstructions, because they can be another way of accessing witness memories.

Cerinthe

Posts : 67
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by Guest on 27.10.13 14:17

@Cerinthe wrote: [...]
The Smiths not reporting the sighting immediately would be explained by the fact that people are not always aware of the significance of what the've seen until after some reflection on events.   Similarly as has been said already, it took a specific set of circumstances i.e. seeing Gerry actually carrying a child,  to jog the Mr Smiths memory.  It's not that unusual for memory to be stimulated at a later date, it's one of the reasons the police stage physical reconstructions, because they can be another way of accessing witness memories.
***
To be noted that Mr. Smith called the police, when suspicion fell on Murat, whom he stated to know from seeing him in PdL and it was not him that he saw. That he and his son and daughter were [secretly] brought to Portugal on May 26, 2007 to make addiotnal statements. And that he made the statement, you refer to above in September 2007, after he'd seen GM debarking Easyjet on their flight way back to the U.K. It's on record, that he said to have been shocked at the realisation, who might have seen [60-80% sure] and couldn't sleep. Then he called the police again.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by Nereid on 27.10.13 14:46

Snipped from the Sunday Times article:

"There was also an uncomfortable complication with Smith’s account. He had originally told the police that he had “recognised something” about the way Gerry McCann carried one of his children which reminded him of the man he had seen in Praia da Luz.

Smith has since stressed that he does not believe the man he saw was Gerry, and Scotland Yard do not consider this a possibility. Last week the McCanns were told officially by the Portuguese authorities that they are not suspects"



From:
"He says that it would not be possible to recognise the individual in person or from a photograph."
To:       
Martin Smith, the father, thought that news footage of Gerry McCann coming down the steps of an airplane, reminded him of the man he saw at around ten pm on the night
To: 
"does not believe the man he saw was Gerry"
scratchhead scratchhead scratchhead 

Nereid

Posts : 308
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by Cerinthe on 27.10.13 14:53

Is there a more recent statement where Mr Smith says he doesn't believe the man he saw was Gerry?  I've only seen newspapers reporting it as a fact but not a direct quotation from Mr Smith.

Cerinthe

Posts : 67
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by thetruthbeknown on 27.10.13 15:14

I am losing track a little with so much reading to do, but regarding this:

Smith has since stressed that he does not believe the man he saw was Gerry, and Scotland Yard do not consider this a possibility. Last week the McCanns were told officially by the Portuguese authorities that they are not suspects"

Was it said at one point that someone connected to the McCanns had visited Smith after the initial proposed indentification of GM being Smithman? Im thinking maybe a changed slant, a little intimitaded/scared maybe?...just a thought, and like I say, ive done so much reading, and I havent been able to find that particular bit of information that I seem to recall :/ Clarification from someone would be appreciated smilie

thetruthbeknown

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by pennylane on 27.10.13 15:32

@thetruthbeknown wrote:I am losing track a little with so much reading to do, but regarding this:

Smith has since stressed that he does not believe the man he saw was Gerry, and Scotland Yard do not consider this a possibility. Last week the McCanns were told officially by the Portuguese authorities that they are not suspects"

Was it said at one point that someone connected to the McCanns had visited Smith after the initial proposed indentification of GM being Smithman? Im thinking maybe a changed slant, a little intimitaded/scared maybe?...just a thought, and like I say, ive done so much reading, and I havent been able to find that particular bit of information that I seem to recall :/ Clarification from someone would be appreciated smilie
I'll bet you Smith has said no such thing!  He's probably been asked 'is it possible you could be wrong,' to which he would have no doubt said 'yes' as he was not 100% sure.   That doesn't mean 'he no longer believes.'

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by Guest on 27.10.13 15:36

@thetruthbeknown wrote: [...]
Smith has since stressed that he does not believe the man he saw was Gerry, and Scotland Yard do not consider this a possibility. Last week the McCanns were told officially by the Portuguese authorities that they are not suspects" [...]
***
Like Cerinth I've seen this only in newspapers without any direct quote from Mr. Smith or even a "source close to".
And we all know what to think about newspapers ....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by pennylane on 27.10.13 15:37

Châtelaine wrote:
@thetruthbeknown wrote: [...]
Smith has since stressed that he does not believe the man he saw was Gerry, and Scotland Yard do not consider this a possibility. Last week the McCanns were told officially by the Portuguese authorities that they are not suspects" [...]
***
Like Cerinth I've seen this only in newspapers without any direct quote from Mr. Smith or even a "source close to".
And we all know what to think about newspapers ....
Exactly Chatelaine. They would have definitely used quotes if he had made such a strong statement.

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by thetruthbeknown on 27.10.13 15:40

@pennylane wrote:
@thetruthbeknown wrote:I am losing track a little with so much reading to do, but regarding this:

Smith has since stressed that he does not believe the man he saw was Gerry, and Scotland Yard do not consider this a possibility. Last week the McCanns were told officially by the Portuguese authorities that they are not suspects"

Was it said at one point that someone connected to the McCanns had visited Smith after the initial proposed indentification of GM being Smithman? Im thinking maybe a changed slant, a little intimitaded/scared maybe?...just a thought, and like I say, ive done so much reading, and I havent been able to find that particular bit of information that I seem to recall :/ Clarification from someone would be appreciated smilie
I'll bet you Smith has said no such thing!  He's probably been asked 'is it possible you could be wrong,' to which he would have no doubt said 'yes' as he was not 100% sure.   That doesn't mean 'he no longer believes.'
Im thinking you may be right pennylane..the only statement proposed from smith seems to be about Murat, and not gerry..Im thinking maybe certain media got 'confused' with their 'arguidos'...heres a snippet from Smith:


But Mr Smith is certain that the man he and his family saw that night was not Robert Murat, who is still officially an "arguido" in the Madeleine McCann investigation.

 

"I told police it was definitely not him because the man wasn't as big as Murat - I think I would have recognised him because I'd met him several times previously.

 

"He was wearing beige trousers and a darker top. We all put him in his early 40s and I didn't think he was Portuguese."

thetruthbeknown

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by pennylane on 27.10.13 16:03

@thetruthbeknown wrote:
@pennylane wrote:
@thetruthbeknown wrote:I am losing track a little with so much reading to do, but regarding this:

Smith has since stressed that he does not believe the man he saw was Gerry, and Scotland Yard do not consider this a possibility. Last week the McCanns were told officially by the Portuguese authorities that they are not suspects"

Was it said at one point that someone connected to the McCanns had visited Smith after the initial proposed indentification of GM being Smithman? Im thinking maybe a changed slant, a little intimitaded/scared maybe?...just a thought, and like I say, ive done so much reading, and I havent been able to find that particular bit of information that I seem to recall :/ Clarification from someone would be appreciated smilie
I'll bet you Smith has said no such thing!  He's probably been asked 'is it possible you could be wrong,' to which he would have no doubt said 'yes' as he was not 100% sure.   That doesn't mean 'he no longer believes.'
Im thinking you may be right pennylane..the only statement proposed from smith seems to be about Murat, and not gerry..Im thinking maybe certain media got 'confused' with their 'arguidos'...heres a snippet from Smith:


But Mr Smith is certain that the man he and his family saw that night was not Robert Murat, who is still officially an "arguido" in the Madeleine McCann investigation.

 

"I told police it was definitely not him because the man wasn't as big as Murat - I think I would have recognised him because I'd met him several times previously.

 

"He was wearing beige trousers and a darker top. We all put him in his early 40s and I didn't think he was Portuguese."
I agree TTB! 'Confusion is good' and that's the sort of statement by Mr Smith, that Clarence Mitchell will get a lot of mileage out of, albeit always conveniently in the wrong context!

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by ProfessorPPlum on 27.10.13 17:00

@thetruthbeknown wrote:
Was it said at one point that someone connected to the McCanns had visited Smith after the initial proposed indentification of GM being Smithman? Im thinking maybe a changed slant, a little intimitaded/scared maybe?...
Yes I believe that Brian Kennedy and / or his people visited the Smiths after which their certainty about it being GM reduced considerably. Sorry I don't have the link

____________________
The prime suspects in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann cannot be permitted to dictate what can and can't be discussed about the case

ProfessorPPlum

Posts : 411
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by tigger on 27.10.13 18:36

@ProfessorPPlum wrote:
@thetruthbeknown wrote:
Was it said at one point that someone connected to the McCanns had visited Smith after the initial proposed indentification of GM being Smithman? Im thinking maybe a changed slant, a little intimitaded/scared maybe?...
Yes I believe that Brian Kennedy and / or his people visited the Smiths after which their certainty about it being GM reduced considerably. Sorry I don't have the link
He has been contacted by numerous tabloid press looking for stories. He has been contacted by Mr Brian Kennedy who is supporting the McCann family to take part in a photo fit exercise. He has given no stories or helped in any photo fits.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm#p16p4134

These are the statements dated 30-1-2008 and earlier. 
So Exron would have met with him later that year to make the E-fits? Perhaps he didn't like BK?

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by sallypelt on 27.10.13 18:46

I don't post on Twitter, but I know many who tweet are watching this forum, so for the thickos who prefer to argue back and forth about the whether it's common practice for Crimewatch to close their phone lines after 24 hours.

Quote

Viewers can contact Crimewatch by phoning 0500 600 600, with phonelines remaining open until midnight the night following the programme

Unquote.

Don't these people have ANY research skills? They want to use less of the "c" word and get out of the gutter

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by jeanmonroe on 28.10.13 14:38



WHY did SY 'remove' the 'child' the man was 'carrying' from THEIR 'E-fit'?

After all, JT gave a very detailed 'description' of the childs pyjamas didn't she?

So WHY have SY 'removed' the child completely?

Could it be because the pyjamas the mans child was wearing are nothing like the ones JT 'described'?

So why did JT tell the police, and anyone else that would listen to her, and  describe an EXACT 'match' to the pyjamas Madeleine was wearing?

So it MUST of been Madeleine being carried off!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2460669/Madeleine-McCann-kidnapping-innocent-British-father-mistaken-key-suspect.html

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by sami on 28.10.13 15:04

Am I stupid or why is it I cannot see the point of showing us that photo ?  Is it to convince the masses he must be real because he was on CW as a live person ?  I just don't see wht the purpose of such an idiotic photo is, look I can put my arms out.  

I think he does not have a child because it is too difficult to carry a four ear old like that.

sami

Posts : 962
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by Truthandjustice on 28.10.13 15:18

Also, that guy has clearly got wavy/curly hair, I can see that even though he is pixelated and I haven't got my glasses on, whereas the drawing has very straight and shiny hair.

Truthandjustice

Posts : 237
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by jeanmonroe on 28.10.13 16:03



'FALSE 'abductor' pyjamas (blue bottoms) (far left)

the two of the right (white bottoms) to match:

JT's  DETAILED 'description' of Madeleine's 'pyjama bottoms' that she didn't KNOW about, according to GM! As her PROOF of seeing Madeleine being 'abducted'

Got to be colour blind, hasn't she?

eta JT never ever 'mentioned' the big round logo on the right leg of the pyjamas even though THAT is what she would have seen (focal point) from where she 'saw' the legs dangling down.

The 'logo' on the right leg is not on the FALSE e-fit 'abductor' the McCanns are STILL promoting on their site, and have done for many, many YEARS!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by marxman on 28.10.13 16:35

Smith's sighting at approx 10pm.
It is reported that Kate's alarm may have been a lot earlier,
If this was the case, then it would provide an ideal cover within
all the commotion and distraction for Gerry to run off with Maddie.
If Gerry did indeed meet the Smith family at 10pm, and he was
concerned that he could be identified, this may have ensured that
their 'timeline' was tailored to fit Gerry being with witnesses and
at the tapas. Hence the importance of the sticker book timeline.

marxman

Posts : 81
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by Daisy on 28.10.13 17:24

@jeanmonroe wrote:

'FALSE 'abductor' pyjamas (blue bottoms) (far left)

the two of the right (white bottoms) to match:

JT's  DETAILED 'description' of Madeleine's 'pyjama bottoms' that she didn't KNOW about, according to GM! As her PROOF of seeing Madeleine being 'abducted'

Got to be colour blind, hasn't she?

eta JT never ever 'mentioned' the big round logo on the right leg of the pyjamas even though THAT is what she would have seen (focal point) from where she 'saw' the legs dangling down.

The 'logo' on the right leg is not on the FALSE e-fit 'abductor' the McCanns are STILL promoting on their site, and have done for many, many YEARS!
I'm still baffled as to why they now show a pink blanket? No one has yet come up with any explanation for this. JT stressed there was NO blanket. So why does it appear now? please 

The blanket that's been cropped from the image above.

____________________
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”   

Unknown


“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

Posts : 1245
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Yorkshire, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by russiandoll on 06.04.14 10:38





  I wonder why.........................     the ears are not a fit, but other things are


  the shape of the face, the hairline, the tip of the nose and the biggie for me, which is a standout for the detail picked up, the eyes, note the left in relation toi the right. Identical.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by canada12 on 06.04.14 10:44

Perhaps his ears weren't really noticed by Mr Smith, and so non-distinctive, neutral ears were used.

canada12

Posts : 1457
Reputation : 187
Join date : 2013-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by joyce1938 on 06.04.14 10:55

The pics of pyjamas ,the ones used by father carrying his child home ?the pink that someone felt was the pink blanket ,showed a sleeve ,not blanket but a top that would have been thicker than pyjamas ,but used over top of them and much warmer when carried home.imo joyce1938

joyce1938

Posts : 805
Reputation : 86
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 77
Location : england

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum