The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 30 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 30 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 30 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 30 Regist10

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 30 Empty Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Cristobell 19.11.13 11:03

I get the impression from twitter that it is going on today.  The McCanns haven't turned up, but Isabel was seen getting out of a car.  Will update if I see anything else. smilie
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 19.11.13 11:07

Cristobell wrote:I get the impression from twitter that it is going on today.  The McCanns haven't turned up, but Isabel was seen getting out of a car.  Will update if I see anything else. smilie
Yes, Cristobell, I have McCann on hashtag. I have to take strong medication to even read some of the vile tweets that are on there, but I look occasionally to get a quick update of what's happening. I don't tweet myself, and I wish there was some way I could block out some of the gutter scum on there. But it's all in the line or research exalt
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.11.13 11:12

According to this it is going on today......

From this thread:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t7741p30-mccann-v-amaral-libel-trial-updates-only-no-discussion#182080

schedule               post - 8th October

November 19
Marinho Pinto (bar association president)
Carlos Coelho da Silva (the documentary film maker)
Margarida Teotónio Pereira (TVI director of international programs)
possibly a witness for the accusation (?), José Viega Soares, a consultant in PR who was at the court on day 1

November 27
The last session (exhibition of the documentary and final allegations) [/quote]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 19.11.13 11:19

This was this morning, so I'm confused

@Justice_forum: #McCann v #Amaral & Others libel trial resumes on Wed 27 Nov. Judge yet to decide whether McCanns (plaintiffs) allowed to address the court.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by deafoldbat 19.11.13 11:38

I use this site for reporting:
Anne Guedes reports
deafoldbat
deafoldbat

Activity : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 19.11.13 11:43

Whichever party wins this libel trial doesn't mean the circus is over. There will be appeals. The show will go on. This isn't a situation where a court rules on something and that's the end of things. This libel trial is FOUR years old already. Now if Amaral (and let's remember he's not the only one being sued here) wins, the McCanns will no doubt appeal and the subsequent media/spin/daft media coverage/non media coverage will be interesting to say the least.

@Over the Hill

You made a comment along the lines of libel trials being brought about on the basis of truth. I think you need to look at Jeffrey Archer and Lance Armstrong to see that's not true.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 19.11.13 11:47

I hope todays the day that  Judge Maria emilio melo castro gives the go ahead for the mccanns to take the standLIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 30 3934901622
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 19.11.13 12:06

Can't wait for ID to call Carlos Coelho da Silva (the documentary film maker) a liar.

HE 'filmed' GM/JW standing right outside the gate to 5A.

He having done so by reading the statements and seeing the rather 'unhelpful and hurtful' diagrams produced by JW and JT in their sworn 'evidence'.

NOT like the BBC and Dave 'it dosen't matter where crucial witnesses WERE' Edgar and German CW that 'placed' GM as far away from the gate to 5A as possible.

On the OTHER side of the street!

(thus, by implication, calling JW a liar)

And contrary to the TYPED timeline drawn up by the McCann themselves and their 'friends'.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 19.11.13 12:06

I'm really not sure what the pro mccann trolls on twitter are trying to achieve.  They have few if any supporters, and they have such odious personalities that I doubt they winning any friends or influencing people.  In fact I would go so far as to say they are alienating people and not the doing the McCann cause any good whatsoever.  And they seem as confused as ourselves as to whether the trial is going ahead today.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 19.11.13 12:09

Cristobell wrote:I'm really not sure what the pro mccann trolls on twitter are trying to achieve.  They have few if any supporters, and they have such odious personalities that I doubt they winning any friends or influencing people.  In fact I would go so far as to say they are alienating people and not the doing the McCann cause any good whatsoever.  And they seem as confused as ourselves as to whether the trial is going ahead today.
I can't believe how they get away with what they are saying. They are DISGUSTING. Who are these people? There are a few "anti McCanns" there too, who are equally disgusting. These people should be banned. These comments only show how vile some people can be. They don't have a brain-cell between them.
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 19.11.13 12:17

Question to Tony B.

If the 'defence' can produce documental 'evidence' that the 'plaintiffs' have told even a single lie, related to the case what is the legal position related to that?

Of course the McCanns have not told a single lie, in interviews, on TV or in print, about the 'disappearance' of their daughter, and why would they?

BUT, if they have, and it can be proven they have, what repercussions would that have on the current 'libel' trial?

I believe that even a single lie, from a 'witness'  is regarded as 'unreliable testimony' and, as such, is to be totally 'disregarded' as truthful evidence.

Glad you wrote the 'truthful' bewk now, Kate?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 19.11.13 12:48

aquila wrote:Whichever party wins this libel trial doesn't mean the circus is over. There will be appeals. The show will go on. This isn't a situation where a court rules on something and that's the end of things. This libel trial is FOUR years old already. Now if Amaral (and let's remember he's not the only one being sued here) wins, the McCanns will no doubt appeal and the subsequent media/spin/daft media coverage/non media coverage will be interesting to say the least.

@Over the Hill

You made a comment along the lines of libel trials being brought about on the basis of truth. I think you need to look at Jeffrey Archer and Lance Armstrong to see that's not true.
I disagree Aquila (never sure if it is a G or a Q - dodgy eyes, apologies if wrong).  

I have a feeling the end is near.  The recent pictures of Gerry and more especially Kate, scream out the stress they are under.  I doubt there will be any appeals.  In January this year the McCanns were desperately trying to settle and were offering Goncalo Amaral all sorts.  If they were not confident enough to go ahead with the trial, they would have no chance of an appeal, and what lawyer would take the case on? I'm astounded Isabel is still there, and I think it is only because of Portuguese Bar Rules, I have an feeling an 'I Quit' letter will be there alongside the Judgement.  They have had no credible witnesses whatsoever, no certified psychologist to support their claim for 'depression and indefinable fear' - no evidence that GA's book harmed the search in any way.  And since the trial began, the devastating news that they themselves suppressed vital information for 5 years should bring this ludicrous trial to an abrupt halt.

In addition, I doubt there will be any money left for an Appeal.  A lot of Team McCann have been 'let go', including faithful servant Clarence.  Their pursuit of Tony Bennett cost them dear.  Having worked for large legal firms in the City, the hourly rates of even the most junior staff are astronomical.  We know Carter Ruck had/have people dedicated to watching this and other social mediums 24/7 on behalf of the McCanns, I can imagine the monthly bills.  Even when the Fund hit £3m+ it wasn't enough for the McCanns, and within a couple of years they had the begging bowl out again as they were down to their last few hundred thousand.  I strongly suspect that legal fees have gobbled up the large fortune they acquired and their dreams of replenishing it with Goncalo Amaral's royalties are fading fast.  Added to their constant twitching, they have the phenomenal costs of suing Tony Bennett* and now face the huge fall out of this ridiculous trial in Lisbon, which is, in my opinion collapsing.

In the past when McCanns demanded money with menaces, people just coughed up and handed it over. Remember the secret payouts we heard about during the Levenson enquiry?  How many more were there?  Looks as though their greed is nailing them.  How long is it since the McCanns issued a Summons or sent out a threatening letter to a forum or to an individual? If they are not being proactive on the legal front, they are skint!

*I hope you are among the first to be vindicated when this farce ends Tony.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 19.11.13 12:54

jeanmonroe wrote:Question to Tony B.

If the 'defence' can produce documental 'evidence' that the 'plaintiffs' have told even a single lie, related to the case what is the legal position related to that?

Of course the McCanns have not told a single lie, in interviews, on TV or in print, about the 'disappearance' of their daughter, and why would they?

BUT, if they have, and it can be proven they have, what repercussions would that have on the current 'libel' trial?

I believe that even a single lie, from a 'witness'  is regarded as 'unreliable testimony' and, as such, is to be totally 'disregarded' as truthful evidence.

Glad you wrote the 'truthful' bewk now, Kate?
Was it Blacksmith that said it was the longest confession note in history?  It may have been Dr. Roberts, but either way, so true eh Jean? For the first few months I owned it, I couldn't put it down.  It is bizarre on so many levels!
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 19.11.13 12:58

Cristobell wrote:
aquila wrote:Whichever party wins this libel trial doesn't mean the circus is over. There will be appeals. The show will go on. This isn't a situation where a court rules on something and that's the end of things. This libel trial is FOUR years old already. Now if Amaral (and let's remember he's not the only one being sued here) wins, the McCanns will no doubt appeal and the subsequent media/spin/daft media coverage/non media coverage will be interesting to say the least.

@Over the Hill

I disagree Aquila (never sure if it is a G or a Q - dodgy eyes, apologies if wrong).  

I have a feeling the end is near.  The recent pictures of Gerry and more especially Kate, scream out the stress they are under.  I doubt there will be any appeals.  In January this year the McCanns were desperately trying to settle and were offering Goncalo Amaral all sorts.  If they were not confident enough to go ahead with the trial, they would have no chance of an appeal, and what lawyer would take the case on? I'm astounded Isabel is still there, and I think it is only because of Portuguese Bar Rules, I have an feeling an 'I Quit' letter will be there alongside the Judgement.  They have had no credible witnesses whatsoever, no certified psychologist to support their claim for 'depression and indefinable fear' - no evidence that GA's book harmed the search in any way.  And since the trial began, the devastating news that they themselves suppressed vital information for 5 years should bring this ludicrous trial to an abrupt halt.

In addition, I doubt there will be any money left for an Appeal.  A lot of Team McCann have been 'let go', including faithful servant Clarence.  Their pursuit of Tony Bennett cost them dear.  Having worked for large legal firms in the City, the hourly rates of even the most junior staff are astronomical.  We know Carter Ruck had/have people dedicated to watching this and other social mediums 24/7 on behalf of the McCanns, I can imagine the monthly bills.  Even when the Fund hit £3m+ it wasn't enough for the McCanns, and within a couple of years they had the begging bowl out again as they were down to their last few hundred thousand.  I strongly suspect that legal fees have gobbled up the large fortune they acquired and their dreams of replenishing it with Goncalo Amaral's royalties are fading fast.  Added to their constant twitching, they have the phenomenal costs of suing Tony Bennett* and now face the huge fall out of this ridiculous trial in Lisbon, which is, in my opinion collapsing.

In the past when McCanns demanded money with menaces, people just coughed up and handed it over. Remember the secret payouts we heard about during the Levenson enquiry?  How many more were there?  Looks as though their greed is nailing them.  How long is it since the McCanns issued a Summons or sent out a threatening letter to a forum or to an individual? If they are not being proactive on the legal front, they are skint!

*I hope you are among the first to be vindicated when this farce ends Tony.
Have to agree with all of that CB.
notlongnow

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 19.11.13 13:02

Perhaps it's a mistake to make the assumption that the Fund (Ltd Company) is paying for all of this. There is nothing apparent to substantiate it (because it's like wading through mud wearing a lead suit and a blindfold) from the Limited Company accounts that this is being paid for by said company.

The legal process will go on imo. It will go from lawsuit to appeal. It's also worth noting that it's not clear Dr Amaral's book is allowed to be distributed even after having successfully won his appeal. I seem to think there is something placed upon that to prevent its distribution.

Tony's trial was about contempt of court by the way - not libel. The costs of that were swallowed (and miraculously diminished when the bullying was over) but who covered them is not clear.

Just my opinion.

and my opinion is the show will go on.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB 19.11.13 13:14

Christobell wrote:A lot of Team McCann have been 'let go', including faithful servant Clarence.
I've seen the claim about the McCanns and Mitchel parting company several times now. Do we know that it's true or is it just speculation?
AndyB

Activity : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.11.13 13:18

His LinkedIn profile doesn't confirm they've parted company. Perish the thought that anyone tells porkies on there!

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/clarence-mitchell/42/46b/587
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 19.11.13 13:21

sallypelt wrote:
Cristobell wrote:I'm really not sure what the pro mccann trolls on twitter are trying to achieve.  They have few if any supporters, and they have such odious personalities that I doubt they winning any friends or influencing people.  In fact I would go so far as to say they are alienating people and not the doing the McCann cause any good whatsoever.  And they seem as confused as ourselves as to whether the trial is going ahead today.
I can't believe how they get away with what they are saying. They are DISGUSTING. Who are these people? There are a few "anti McCanns" there too, who are equally disgusting. These people should be banned. These comments only show how vile some people can be. They don't have a brain-cell between them.
I am curious as to who they might be, Michael Wright certainly spilled the beans when he took the witness stand.  They share the same spiteful nature as the McCanns and they use the same nonsense statements as Gerry and Kate, verbatim. People were probably paid in the old days, but this lot do it out of devotion.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.11.13 13:24

UK Justice Forum ‏@Justice_forum 3m
Seems #McCann v #Amaral & Others libel trial to go into December. Judge to decide on 27 Nov whether McCanns (plaintiffs) can make statement.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.11.13 13:25

UK Justice Forum ‏@Justice_forum 3m
More on #McCann v #Amaral & Others libel trial shortly...

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 19.11.13 13:30

Cristobell wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
I am curious as to who they might be, Michael Wright certainly spilled the beans when he took the witness stand.  They share the same spiteful nature as the McCanns and they use the same nonsense statements as Gerry and Kate, verbatim. People were probably paid in the old days, but this lot do it out of devotion.
There's one tweeter there who doesn't seem to know whether "she's" coming or going. Yesterday, within the space of 15-20 minutes, she was leaving to go and "help hubby with the decorating". I went to do some other things, and came back to the pc about 15-20 minutes later, and this person was back on there, having "been to help clean her daughters house", ALL this within 15 to 20 minutes. This is one of the vile low-life who lies through her teeth and pretends to have access to information on the McCann case that no one else seems to have. I detest liars. As the old saying goes, "A thief can be caught, but a liar will hang you".
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 19.11.13 13:31

I would have thought CM would want to distance himself now he wants to be an MP.
notlongnow

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 19.11.13 13:33

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:His LinkedIn profile doesn't confirm they've parted company. Perish the thought that anyone tells porkies on there!

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/clarence-mitchell/42/46b/587
For the high positions he's held, he certainly has had the education for it, hasn't he???spit coffee 
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB 19.11.13 13:51

candyfloss wrote:UK Justice Forum  ‏@Justice_forum  3m  
Seems #McCann v #Amaral & Others libel trial to go into December. Judge to decide on 27 Nov whether McCanns (plaintiffs) can make statement.

That's interesting. Not "give evidence" but "make a statement". (Although thinking about it, I might be reading too much into this - it might just be a slight mistranslation)
AndyB

Activity : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthandjustice 19.11.13 16:27

AndyB wrote:
candyfloss wrote:UK Justice Forum  ‏@Justice_forum  3m  

That's interesting. Not "give evidence" but "make a statement". (Although thinking about it, I might be reading too much into this - it might just be a slight mistranslation)
My understanding (from Joana Morais blog) is that neither Mcs nor GA are 'witnesses' as such.  As plaintiff and defendant they can make statements and the Judge can ask questions but the opposing lawyer can only ask via the judge for clarification not cross examine directly.
Truthandjustice

Activity : 240

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top