The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Portuguese contradict SY statements: Daily Mail - what is this all about? - Page 2 Mm11

Portuguese contradict SY statements: Daily Mail - what is this all about? - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Portuguese contradict SY statements: Daily Mail - what is this all about? - Page 2 Mm11

Portuguese contradict SY statements: Daily Mail - what is this all about? - Page 2 Regist10

Portuguese contradict SY statements: Daily Mail - what is this all about?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Portuguese contradict SY statements: Daily Mail - what is this all about? - Page 2 Empty Re: Portuguese contradict SY statements: Daily Mail - what is this all about?

Post by Guest 06.07.13 13:03

deafoldbat wrote:Joana Morais is back posting on her site! Great! 
from Portugal

See thread here and has already posted on this thread deafoldbat, it's good she's back. Mrs 

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t7364-attorney-generals-office-received-no-request-for-judiciary-assistance-over-madeleine-mccann-joana-morais
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Portuguese contradict SY statements: Daily Mail - what is this all about? - Page 2 Empty Re: Portuguese contradict SY statements: Daily Mail - what is this all about?

Post by sallypelt 06.07.13 13:27

PeterMac wrote:
plebgate wrote:If anybody is ever charged with the abduction of Maddie - the parents and crew would have to be questioned under oath re. the statements given.
that will be very interesting.
This is a very important point.
Assume that an Abductor is found and arrested.
The prosecution has to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the offence was committed and then that the accused committed it.
To set the scene they would undoubtedly have to get GM and KM to describe how they left the apartment.
And at that point the defence would have a field day.   From his very first words under oath GM would have to admit he had been lying, and had taken a week to 'correct' his statement.
And he would have to explain why he did that.

In fact, the 'evidence' in the statements and in the public domain is so messed up that the CPS might ultimately decide not to prosecute, on the grounds that there was little chance of a conviction.
Other than a full and frank confession and the discovery of MBM, in whatever state she may be, what evidence would the prosecution be able to adduce ?
Point of entry - NO
Point of exit - NO
Time frame - NO
Means - NO
Motive - Unclear
Opportunity - NO
Forensic evidence - NO
Reliable eye witnesses - NO
Unreliable eye witnesses - still NO, (since even if JT had seen bundleman there is no proof that he was carrying MBM, and lots to show that he could not possibly have been so doing.)
Documentary evidence - NO

and so on.
There is in fact little prospect of a prosecution of an abductor, even if one could be found.  
A dead one is still a possibility, but that could have been wound up some time ago.

but Petermac, hasn't it already been decided by the CPS that there IS a case to answer? Otherwise, why are we at this stage? The CPS have been in Portugal since April, so they must have said that there is a case to answer
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 06.07.13 13:54

sallypelt wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
plebgate wrote:If anybody is ever charged with the abduction of Maddie - the parents and crew would have to be questioned under oath re. the statements given.
that will be very interesting.
This is a very important point.
Assume that an Abductor is found and arrested.
The prosecution has to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the offence was committed and then that the accused committed it.
To set the scene they would undoubtedly have to get GM and KM to describe how they left the apartment.
And at that point the defence would have a field day.   From his very first words under oath GM would have to admit he had been lying, and had taken a week to 'correct' his statement.
And he would have to explain why he did that.

In fact, the 'evidence' in the statements and in the public domain is so messed up that the CPS might ultimately decide not to prosecute, on the grounds that there was little chance of a conviction.
Other than a full and frank confession and the discovery of MBM, in whatever state she may be, what evidence would the prosecution be able to adduce ?
Point of entry - NO
Point of exit - NO
Time frame - NO
Means - NO
Motive - Unclear
Opportunity - NO
Forensic evidence - NO
Reliable eye witnesses - NO
Unreliable eye witnesses - still NO, (since even if JT had seen bundleman there is no proof that he was carrying MBM, and lots to show that he could not possibly have been so doing.)
Documentary evidence - NO

and so on.
There is in fact little prospect of a prosecution of an abductor, even if one could be found.  
A dead one is still a possibility, but that could have been wound up some time ago.

but Petermac, hasn't it already been decided by the CPS that there IS a case to answer? Otherwise, why are we at this stage? The CPS have been in Portugal since April, so they must have said that there is a case to answer
This seems to be going round and round ad infinitum. Nothing tallying, Portugal says one thing, UK says another, yet no resolution.
Why do I sometimes think this is a real-life version of the Truman Show, the film with Jim Carrey.
Is the camera aimed at watching people's reactions to a 'convincingly set-up fictitious event'.
Is it aimed at keeping our eyes off the 'bigger/global political agenda' or
Is it an exercise in 'wide-sweeping-market-information-gathering by the authorities' as to who will respond to what, in order to see what they (the puppet masters) can and can't get away with.splat 

bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth 06.07.13 13:59

lj wrote:No, the SY has after all this time and money nothing, nop, nada. They know their 38 plus or minus is one big red herring. They continuously let it seem as if they do everything in their power to solve the case, especially as far as their cooperation with the PJ is concerned. Their ultimate goal is something like: we could have found him/them, but the PJ did not want to solve the case.

It is a repeat of 2007: when the Brits refused to give any medical and financial information, keep the parents under suspicion updated of the investigation, screwed up the DNA evidence, lost some material in that process, sabotaged further interrogation of the tapas friends by  first not reacting, later declaring the International Letter of Request was not correct and so on and so forth.

Anyone who still believe SY is doing a proper investigation is rather naive imo. It's wagging the dog done by a LE group who has experience in screwing up investigations.

YOU SAID IT ALL !!

thanks 
Lets not forget SY have actually been involved since 2007.
Seek truth

Activity : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 06.07.13 14:04

Seek truth wrote:
lj wrote:No, the SY has after all this time and money nothing, nop, nada. They know their 38 plus or minus is one big red herring. They continuously let it seem as if they do everything in their power to solve the case, especially as far as their cooperation with the PJ is concerned. Their ultimate goal is something like: we could have found him/them, but the PJ did not want to solve the case.

It is a repeat of 2007: when the Brits refused to give any medical and financial information, keep the parents under suspicion updated of the investigation, screwed up the DNA evidence, lost some material in that process, sabotaged further interrogation of the tapas friends by  first not reacting, later declaring the International Letter of Request was not correct and so on and so forth.

Anyone who still believe SY is doing a proper investigation is rather naive imo. It's wagging the dog done by a LE group who has experience in screwing up investigations.

YOU SAID IT ALL !!

thanks 

Well, I have to question why some people are here, if all they are seeing is a "whitewash" from SY. I would like for you to explain, what is it you want, if you don't want the police to investigate? I am at a loss of what your motive is
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 06.07.13 14:15

Well said, Sallypelt. I have felt the same for ages and have taken to skipping several posts. I can't be doing with naysayers day in, day out aaaah 
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 06.07.13 14:16

sallypelt wrote:
Seek truth wrote:

YOU SAID IT ALL !!

thanks 

Well, I have to question why some people are here, if all they are seeing is a "whitewash" from SY. I would like for you to explain, what is it you want, if you don't want the police to investigate? I am at a loss of what your motive is

The CPS (who I presume work for the government being Crown Prosecution Service) may have found there is a case to answer. However, it seems a bit back-to-front to me.
Normally - correct me if I'm wrong - the police make up a case, present it to the CPS who decide whether there is a case to answer.
Here we see the CPS visiting Portugal, then the police announcing they are taking over, the Attorney General of Portugal saying they know nothing about this fantastic cooperation of the two countries in this matter.

I'm pessimistic about this, it has been government interference and protection that has got this six years down the line, if the normal sequence of actions is reversed by getting a government agency to set the police to work I hold no high hopes for the truth to come out.
I think SY is instructed to come up with a conclusion that will end the speculation, I doubt it will be anywhere near the truth.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 06.07.13 14:28

Seek truth wrote:

YOU SAID IT ALL !!

thanks 

Yes, it's BS and the Mail is deliberately encouraging animosity toward Portugal - many comments are extremely xenophobic, 'I hate Portugal' etc. One stupid person wrote, 'Maybe if Scotland Yard had stepped in 2 years ago, the results would have been very different?'

Nowhere in the article can I see the headline quote "Why SHOULD we help find Maddie" - it's pure fabrication. The Portuguese simply say no request has been received from SY. And when you remember the months of trouble the PJ had trying to get the McCanns and tapas 7 back to Portugal, and all the problems mentioned by 'SeekTruth', it's understandable that they're angry. If the Portuguese decided to override UK protocol and arrived in the UK to question persons of interest here, there'd be diplomatic incident. I can see Portugal being set up again if SY don't solve this. Portugal will be falsely accused of being uncooperative and blamed for the unsatisfactory outcome. I get the feeling Portugal is being bulldozed at the moment - maybe SY want all the files and that's why the CPS were there in April.
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 06.07.13 15:24

tigger wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
Seek truth wrote:

YOU SAID IT ALL !!

thanks 

The CPS (who I presume work for the government being Crown Prosecution Service) may have found there is a case to answer. However, it seems a bit back-to-front to me.
Normally - correct me if I'm wrong - the police make up a case, present it to the CPS who decide whether there is a case to answer.
Here we see the CPS visiting Portugal, then the police announcing they are taking over, the Attorney General of Portugal saying they know nothing about this fantastic cooperation of the two countries in this matter.

I'm pessimistic about this, it has been government interference and protection that has got this six years down the line, if the normal sequence of actions is reversed by getting a government agency to set the police to work I hold no high hopes for the truth to come out.
I think SY is instructed to come up with a conclusion that will end the speculation, I doubt it will be anywhere near the truth.

I can't find it at present because I am on my phone, however I think someone hit the nail on the head on another thread.

The CPS and SY are probably desperate to make sure they have seen every file collected by the PJ.  So they can make sure no smoking gun is pulled out of the hat in a libel trial which could turn this on its head.

I am sure they can nick a paedophile in the meantime, is anyone really going to care?  Then claim they are sure he/she have done it but the original investigation did not have enough substance to convict.  They have probably already got someone in mind, the CPS are probably checking out whether they can get anything to stick.

They can hold them/bail them long enough to get TM through the trial.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.07.13 15:33

sallypelt wrote:
Seek truth wrote:

YOU SAID IT ALL !!

thanks 

I don't think it's a case of not wanting the police to investigate, sallypelt, I think it's a matter of not having confidence in the investigation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 06.07.13 15:36

Pershing36 wrote:

Agreed 100%

What is really behind all this?  Why did they even commission this review?

Don't forget Rebecca was behind this. Theresa May had already said no. For the gossip columns anything goes: It does not matter if it is bad news or good news: it's news. I think the whole thing was about getting headlines, and satisfying the xenophobic lust for dragging the Portuguese through the mud.

Kate and Gerry better watch out. The moment the "poor brave mom" articles are exhausted they will find themselves in a snake pit.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 06.07.13 15:47

I'm going demented trying to figure out what is going on.  ij has made some convincing points.  Undoubtedly there will be a sea of red faces should the full facts of the case be disclosed, and there seems to be evidence of political interference.  On the plus side, we have had a change of government, and Gordon Brown can be blamed.  

However, on the dark side, Goncalo Amaral has said that Scotland Yard only want to investigate an abduction.  I struggle to get past that, as I do trust Goncalo Amaral and he has contacts within the PJ.  However, that was quite some time ago, and he has not said anything recently that I know of.  I also trust Joana's site, and if the Portuguese Authorities have said they have received no letter, then it must be presumed true and of course, it has now appeared in The Mail.  

Scotland Yard have made 16 visits to Portugal, and top prosecutors from the CPS flew out there.  They must have gone to see someone?  If they are only meeting with high up officials, who are not keeping the force on the ground informed, then alarm bells must ring. 

I tend to think this case must have a conclusion.  If they wanted to bury it, that could have been done a long time ago.  We must also remember that the case was largely dormant for 4 years, in that 'no police force were actively investigating' - but that may have been part of the spin.  It may also have been a case of the authorities wishing it would go away. The leading players love the cameras, and the cameras love them.  Perhaps if we look at them as the walking goldmines they are, or think they are, we may get to the bottom of it, but not in a good way.  There are still millions to be earned from the Madeleine McCann name.  The dwindling sales of the tabloids get a boost everytime a Madeleine, or a Kate and Gerry speak out. 

There are good financial reasons to string it out, could possibly be the bottom line.  In which case, the last bit of faith I have in humanity would disappear.

There is a longer version of this on my blog.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth 06.07.13 15:48

sallypelt wrote:
Seek truth wrote:

YOU SAID IT ALL !!

thanks 

Who said anything about not wanting SY to investigate?

I'd love for the Mccanns to get caught, but also those who are covering this up.

Can't understand why SY keep mentioning they are working on it now, when they have been on it since 2007.

Criminals!
Seek truth

Activity : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 06.07.13 15:48

Finn wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
Seek truth wrote:

YOU SAID IT ALL !!

thanks 

I don't think it's a case of not wanting the police to investigate, sallypelt, I think it's a matter of not having confidence in the investigation.

I for one am not going to accept the SY review if they just come up with some random sex offender with very loose evidence.

Think of it this way if it wound up tomorrow and they concluded Hewlett probably did it, would you be happy to leave it there?
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 06.07.13 16:02

Pershing36 wrote:
Finn wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
Seek truth wrote:

YOU SAID IT ALL !!

thanks 

I for one am not going to accept the SY review if they just come up with some random sex offender with very loose evidence.

Think of it this way if it wound up tomorrow and they concluded Hewlett probably did it, would you be happy to leave it there?

Do you really think that THAT is going to happen?

I will ask the same question, again. What is it some people want? If the police are NOT going to do anything, then what is the point of being here?
I agree that we have to be careful, and not listen to everything we hear, but I understand enough about the law to know that if they just wanted this to go away, they would have left things as they were.

Now, I am not going to say anything else on the subject in regards to a "whitewash". I've said my piece, and I will concentrate on what the likes of Russian doll and those who have an understanding of how the law works.
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 06.07.13 16:04

It will be interesting to hear the ejit son telling the learned Judge that he burned the letter BEFORE phoning The Sun.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.07.13 16:07

Pershing36 wrote:
Finn wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
Seek truth wrote:

YOU SAID IT ALL !!

thanks 

I'd honestly be happy, in the same way I'd be delighted if Madeleine was alive. But they'd need to explain the many discrepancies. And I just can't see how that's possible.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 06.07.13 16:28

candyfloss wrote:Tomorrow Express

Portuguese contradict SY statements: Daily Mail - what is this all about? - Page 2 BOcF9mHCMAE0Say

With the final decision within the next few weeks on whether the GA v mccann libel goes to trial.....The "timing" of all this could not be more perfect for the mccanns winkwink

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.07.13 16:41

Yes I can only think that this has something to do with the forthcoming proceedings in Portugal. What better news could there be for Team McCann than that someone completely unconnected to them has been arrested?

Even if it's a greasy spotty paedo with a rap sheet as long as your arm, there will still be no evidence that Madeleine has been harmed and they can still claim they need money to "look" for her!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 06.07.13 16:59

It would certainly change the goalposts of the trial now there is a suspect arrested

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 06.07.13 16:59

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Yes I can only think that this has something to do with the forthcoming proceedings in Portugal. What better news could there be for Team McCann than that someone completely unconnected to them has been arrested?

Even if it's a greasy spotty paedo with a rap sheet as long as your arm, there will still be no evidence that Madeleine has been harmed and they can still claim they need money to "look" for her!

And if the greasy, spotty, egg eating, creepy, photographer peado patsy unconnected to the mccanns protests his innocence, how does that work?

What's more interesting is that there seems to have been no out of court settlement with GA.
And that is what the mccanns are totally afraid of.
In a court room, under OATH!
Remember, that when they were under oath, the first time ever, at Leveson they did not utter the words abducted or abduction once in their entire evidence relating to the case of their missing daughter.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 06.07.13 17:16

jeanmonroe wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Yes I can only think that this has something to do with the forthcoming proceedings in Portugal. What better news could there be for Team McCann than that someone completely unconnected to them has been arrested?

And if the greasy, spotty, egg eating, creepy, photographer peado patsy unconnected to the mccanns protests his innocence, how does that work?

What's more interesting is that there seems to have been no out of court settlement with GA.
And that is what the mccanns are totally afraid of.
In a court room, under OATH!
Remember, that when they were under oath, the first time ever, at Leveson they did not utter the words abducted or abduction once in their entire evidence relating to the case of their missing daughter.
I agree with SallyPelt, that we should try to see the possibility of a proper investigation, and stay here to keep pushing for that, but when information conflicts, then questions of credibility arise.
Portugal is not singing from the same hymn sheet as UK.
From the start, something v. high up is being covered up.
Goncalo Amaral said non verbatim, jaws will drop, when the truth comes out.
Then there is the looming menace of the court case which G.A. has refused to settle.
Huge problem for the McCs and therefore for the 'establishment' covering up, which could easily be using the so far proven corrupt police at the highest level, in cahouts with kitten heals, who Rebekka threatened to screw (not literally).
So I would ask now, what would be the shortest sentence for a 'stooge' abductor, where things went wrong and Maddie did not survive (see the dogs).
How much would a 'stooge' be prepared to accept as a pay off, to be enjoyed on his early release from prison?spin 
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Kepharel 06.07.13 17:17

I may be (probably am) wrong, but haven't I read that Amaral only has to prove that he has reason to believe in the truth of what he was saying.  As long as he had reason at the time I can't see how future events will knock that defence over.
Kepharel
Kepharel

Activity : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.07.13 17:23

Kepharel wrote:I may be (probably am) wrong, but haven't I read that Amaral only has to prove that he has reason to believe in the truth of what he was saying.  As long as he had reason at the time I can't see how future events will knock that defence over.

That is correct, and it is why he lost the case recently with that lawyer Marcos whateverhisnameis, the one who went to Brazil? He said he believed what he was told to be true and won the case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.07.13 17:32

candyfloss wrote:
Kepharel wrote:I may be (probably am) wrong, but haven't I read that Amaral only has to prove that he has reason to believe in the truth of what he was saying.  As long as he had reason at the time I can't see how future events will knock that defence over.

That is correct, and it is why he lost the case recently with that lawyer Marcos whateverhisnameis, the one who went to Brazil?  He said he believed what he was told to be true and won the case.

Here it is.......

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5560-thanks-marcos-by-blacksmith-bureau?highlight=marcos+corrie
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top