The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by Guest on 20.04.12 14:34

About this programme



Five years ago this week, Madeleine McCann disappeared from a family holiday apartment in the Algarve, Portugal, and has never been found. Her parents, Kate and Gerry, are adamant that their daughter was abducted by a predator and persuaded Prime Minister David Cameron to order a review of the case by the Metropolitan Police. Here, the senior UK investigator talks to Richard Bilton about how he is working collaboratively with Portuguese police and explains why he believes he has the best opportunity yet to establish the facts.

Cast and crew

Cast
ReporterRichard Bilton
Crew
EditorTom Giles
http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/qhtrd/panorama--madeleine-the-last-hope---panorama

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by PeterMac on 20.04.12 14:43

candyfloss wrote:About this programme
Five years ago this week, Madeleine McCann disappeared from a family holiday apartment in the Algarve, Portugal, and has never been found. Her parents, Kate and Gerry, are adamant that their daughter was abducted by a predator and persuaded Prime Minister David Cameron to order a review of the case by the Metropolitan Police. Here, the senior UK investigator talks to Richard Bilton about how he is working collaboratively with Portuguese police and explains why he believes he has the best opportunity yet to establish the facts.
Fascinating coice of language.
Her parents are adamant that their daughter was abducted ... which implies ONLY her parents
he has the best opportunity to establish the facts. ... NOT "to find Madeleine, and return her unhurt and unharmed to her parents."

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by Guest on 20.04.12 14:49

@PeterMac wrote:
candyfloss wrote:About this programme
Five years ago this week, Madeleine McCann disappeared from a family holiday apartment in the Algarve, Portugal, and has never been found. Her parents, Kate and Gerry, are adamant that their daughter was abducted by a predator and persuaded Prime Minister David Cameron to order a review of the case by the Metropolitan Police. Here, the senior UK investigator talks to Richard Bilton about how he is working collaboratively with Portuguese police and explains why he believes he has the best opportunity yet to establish the facts.
Fascinating coice of language.
Her parents are adamant that their daughter was abducted ... which implies ONLY her parents
he has the best opportunity to establish the facts. ... NOT "to find Madeleine, and return her unhurt and unharmed to her parents."

Indeed PeterMac yes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by Guest on 20.04.12 16:47





I wonder if the Panorama team have gleaned any useful information from this forum during all their many visits?


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by Guest on 20.04.12 16:55

@admin wrote:



I wonder if the Panorama team have gleaned any useful information from this forum during all their many visits?



wow 342 visits!!!!!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by Guest on 20.04.12 16:57

candyfloss wrote:
@admin wrote:



I wonder if the Panorama team have gleaned any useful information from this forum during all their many visits?



wow 342 visits!!!!!!

Yup! Nearly as many as Carter Ruck!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by Guest on 20.04.12 17:08

As someone has just said on twitter.......



Complete secrecy surrounding the investigation. Curious little programme 2 air now http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/qhtrd/panorama--madeleine-the-last-hope---panorama#.T5Fl3icJD6N.twitter Senior UK investigator talks #mccann

Considering SY were not commenting it is rather strange they should be giving an interview. Perhaps they mean the private detectives big grin

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by aiyoyo on 20.04.12 17:08

candyfloss wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
candyfloss wrote:About this programme
Five years ago this week, Madeleine McCann disappeared from a family holiday apartment in the Algarve, Portugal, and has never been found. Her parents, Kate and Gerry, are adamant that their daughter was abducted by a predator and persuaded Prime Minister David Cameron to order a review of the case by the Metropolitan Police. Here, the senior UK investigator talks to Richard Bilton about how he is working collaboratively with Portuguese police and explains why he believes he has the best opportunity yet to establish the facts.
Fascinating coice of language.
Her parents are adamant that their daughter was abducted ... which implies ONLY her parents
he has the best opportunity to establish the facts. ... NOT "to find Madeleine, and return her unhurt and unharmed to her parents."

Indeed PeterMac yes

The more pertinent question may be why is the sr UK investigator talking to BBC prematurely when the review is still ongoing.
Or are they ready to conclude the review soon, or giving an indication of what to do?

Either way it is strange timing and strange move, unless it is to scrupper kate's new bewk because they are sick of the mccanns making money on the back of Maddie's name.


aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by Guest on 20.04.12 17:24

Why Madeleine - the Last Hope? Very strange wording imo. Even if the review concludes with no definitive answer, then surely there would still be hope that Madeleine would turn up one day, if she was indeed abducted as it says in the programme description that the McCanns are adamant about that.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by PeterMac on 20.04.12 17:30

Perhaps, since the McCanns INSIST that no one is pro-actively looking for Madeleine, "senior UK investigator" means Edgar !

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by Guest on 20.04.12 17:33

@PeterMac wrote:Perhaps, since the McCanns INSIST that no one is pro-actively looking for Madeleine, "senior UK investigator" means Edgar !

Yes, I said that earlier, that they probably mean the PI's. It doesn't actually say SY Lead Investigator does it, only Senior UK Investigator.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by aiyoyo on 20.04.12 17:38

If Edgar gives interview, it will be a historic first from the mccanns PIs because none has done so so far.

I doubt it is Edgar since no one knows whether he's still in Mccanns' employ. Looks like no PI is working for the mccanns else how to explain them not manning their hot line that the recent sighting had to be routed via the PP to Spanish Police?

One would have thought the with the kind of money mccanns pay surely their PI has the resources to organise a check out of the sighting instead of leaving this to go back forth between two police forces losing precious time critical to recovery of missing child.

It's strange why the mccanns didnt send their PI to Leh or to Negra to follow up ?

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by Guest on 20.04.12 17:44

@PeterMac wrote:Perhaps, since the McCanns INSIST that no one is pro-actively looking for Madeleine, "senior UK investigator" means Edgar !




Don't mention hellish lairs in the lawless villages or Alpha Investigations Group .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by aiyoyo on 20.04.12 17:44

candyfloss wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Perhaps, since the McCanns INSIST that no one is pro-actively looking for Madeleine, "senior UK investigator" means Edgar !

Yes, I said that earlier, that they probably mean the PI's. It doesn't actually say SY Lead Investigator does it, only Senior UK Investigator.

Surely their pte dick cannot be considered as "UK investigator" let alone senior or not!

IF they have only one PI where does the seniority come from without a hierarchy system?

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by PeterMac on 20.04.12 17:52

Bilton looks interesting. Has done some Panorama programmes exposing frauds and cheats, including a Met Pc letting out his council house, and other scams.
Perhaps he will ask some questions, even though, if it actually is DCI Andy Redwood, he will probably get no answers.

Bilton.

Council Houses: Cheats and Victims
Council house conman confronted by Panorama
Tracking down England's council house sublet cheats

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by tigger on 20.04.12 17:54

@aiyoyo wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Perhaps, since the McCanns INSIST that no one is pro-actively looking for Madeleine, "senior UK investigator" means Edgar !

Yes, I said that earlier, that they probably mean the PI's. It doesn't actually say SY Lead Investigator does it, only Senior UK Investigator.

Surely their pte dick cannot be considered as "UK investigator" let alone senior or not!

IF they have only one PI where does the seniority come from without a hierarchy system?

Gerry was ready early with his jargon - such as 'pro-active', which means active basically. I could have an issue here, issue being another piece of jargon. I've once heard a telephone called a 'personal communications interface'.

Surely they're not going to trot out the untalented Mr. Edgar? In his stripey gangster suit? I don't have a TV - so will not have to suffer this.
I think you're all right on this, no way will SY do an interview at this stage.
It takes quite a long time to make these long documentaries doesn't it? So when was this one made? Six months ago or longer?
Perhaps it's going to be a lot of old footage, urgent voice overs, a couple of interviews and Wallace and Grommit imitations from the leading players.


____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by russiandoll on 20.04.12 18:00

this will be media spin I think, but are their PIs working now and if so, collaborating with the PJ?
hope I am right thinking no way SY will give an interview while review in progress.
I heard Bilton did some very fawning McCann stuff a while back, if so, possibly more of the same, tie- in with anniversary.
still, establishing the facts sounds more like proper police-speak....so, confusing.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by jay2001 on 20.04.12 18:24

Aiyoyo - surely you haven't forgotten the press conference clara and edgar did in 2009?!! Remember when that clown who'd been living on Mars on some other planet suddenly remembered seeing Vicky Becks lookalike in Barcelona. Two years after his amnesia cleared he sparked off that weird tale. Think the finale was a boat belonging to some socialite with connections to murkydoc in Oz!

How's Panorama going to fit all this material into half an hour.

jay2001

Posts : 116
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by happychick on 20.04.12 18:38

Richard Bilton has already done a Panorama programme on Madeleine hasn't he? I recall it was Jeremy Vine who did the introduction. Can't remember the name of it now though.

happychick

Posts : 394
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2011-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by tigger on 20.04.12 19:04

@happychick wrote:Richard Bilton has already done a Panorama programme on Madeleine hasn't he? I recall it was Jeremy Vine who did the introduction. Can't remember the name of it now though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm

This is the transcript, at a quick glance it doesn't look promising, but lots of 'players'.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by nomendelta on 20.04.12 19:16

This is most curious - I wonder how it will go. Jeremy Vine who presented the previous Panorama show has been shown to be pretty rabidly "pro" given his more recent ill-treatment of a caller to his radio show. If he is shown as hosting this new show then I think we are guaranteed a whitewash affair.

It would seem very foolish for the McCanns to be involved in something like this given it could allow them the chance to dig a deeper hole for themselves.

nomendelta

Posts : 308
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2011-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by aiyoyo on 21.04.12 4:27

@jay2001 wrote:Aiyoyo - surely you haven't forgotten the press conference clara and edgar did in 2009?!! Remember when that clown who'd been living on Mars on some other planet suddenly remembered seeing Vicky Becks lookalike in Barcelona. Two years after his amnesia cleared he sparked off that weird tale. Think the finale was a boat belonging to some socialite with connections to murkydoc in Oz!

How's Panorama going to fit all this material into half an hour.

But that was a press conference organised by team mccanns!
Generally speaking, people calling a conference will have total control over what they want to say - it's akin to making a public announcement.

Not the same as studio interview, which BBC Panorama is, where interviewer and interviewee is face to face, answering question one to one, and where there is no avoiding open questions.

After all this while of secretive dodgy PIs who have never ever tell the public anything about their work, process or result, surely control freak team mccanns is not going to start putting their PI (If any is still under their employ) in a "one to one interview" to fumble and stumble and.....

Personally I doubt any of the mccanns "so called PIs", be it the latest Edgar or whoever, will come on BBC panorama to discuss their fictional work even if the mccanns pay them through the nose just to go on such interview.
It's one thing getting paid retainer fee to do nothing, but quite another thing to come onto national TV to lie.
Mccanns spin and doing their thing about sightings had nothing do with the PIs legally speaking.

Far as I know none of their PIs has given interview to the Press or Media.
Press conference is a different thing altogether IMV. What's betting the press material was prepared by team mccanns.

Imagine Edgar one to one with Bilton, and him being asked about Leh sighting or Nerja's sighting and what has he done about it and what he has done so far? On my Godness that will be an opened tin of worms.....or should I say a pandora box! violin






aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by aiyoyo on 21.04.12 5:06

@tigger wrote:
@happychick wrote:Richard Bilton has already done a Panorama programme on Madeleine hasn't he? I recall it was Jeremy Vine who did the introduction. Can't remember the name of it now though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm

This is the transcript, at a quick glance it doesn't look promising, but lots of 'players'.


Yes, that is almost like a group interview, like trying to establish the facts.

I read to the part where kate said "please continue to pray for her, she's lovely" and I thought wtf and gave up!
When Kate implores people to look for Maddie the best she can do is "please continue to look for her, she's lovely".
This is even worst,despite kate and gerry both being very articulate and vocal they cant do a proper plea for Maddie's sake.
All kate asked is for people to "continue" to pray for her!! yeah, and prayer is going to bring her back!

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by Pershing36 on 21.04.12 8:22

The cynical side of me thinks this program is perfectly timed for when they need a fund boost. Isn't it suppose to be about now that the fund will run out of money?

Pershing36

Posts : 670
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by tigger on 21.04.12 8:50

This program me was aired on the 19th November 2007.
Presumably it took up to two months to make - i.e. the interviews must have started some time in September, soon after the McCanns fled back to the UK.
I expect, with the help of Clarrie et al, that a preview for the T9 might have been a possibility or at least the transcript might have been made available to them.


The Rothley meeting was on the 18th I believe, so I would expect this to have been the time to synchronise their story lines.

The period up to the end of 2007 seems to have been rather dangerous for TM. But soon after that, the libel actions started, settlements were made, the press was gagged and leaks were stopped.

Murat-Kennedy meetings around 11/11/07.
Rothley meeting 18th? 11/07
Panorama aired 19th/11.

Hmmm. When did that nanny visit the McCs? I thought that too was in November.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum