The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Portuguese contradict SY statements: Daily Mail - what is this all about? - Page 3 Mm11

Portuguese contradict SY statements: Daily Mail - what is this all about? - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Portuguese contradict SY statements: Daily Mail - what is this all about? - Page 3 Mm11

Portuguese contradict SY statements: Daily Mail - what is this all about? - Page 3 Regist10

Portuguese contradict SY statements: Daily Mail - what is this all about?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Portuguese contradict SY statements: Daily Mail - what is this all about? - Page 3 Empty Re: Portuguese contradict SY statements: Daily Mail - what is this all about?

Post by PeterMac 06.07.13 17:36

In a "normal" case you arrest the suspect and interview him/her, using the evidence you have gathered during the enquiry to break down any denial or alibi.
It is difficult to see what they are going to do here.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?
"No.
"Did you enter apartment 5A
"No.
"Your fingerprints were not found - how do you explain that ?
"I can't
"There is no sign of your opening the shutter - surely you realise how damning that is ?
"I can't explain it.
"The people who were standing outside in the street did not hear you going in or out. You must be able to explain why not
"Not really
You had almost no time at all to get in and sedate the children, and then get out again.  That alone is conclusive.
"Whatever.
"There is enough lack of evidence to let you remain free for a very long time.  Is that really what you want ?
"If that's what the enquiry thinks . . .
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16596

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Portuguese contradict SY statements: Daily Mail - what is this all about? - Page 3 Empty Re: Portuguese contradict SY statements: Daily Mail - what is this all about?

Post by Monty Heck 06.07.13 19:01

Portugal and the UK certainly appear not to be on the same page with this.  When SY announced they were taking over the investigation and were looking at abduction it did make me wonder what the Portuguese take on this would be.  They dismissed the abduction hypothesis, and had grounds for suspecting the McCs of covering up an accidential death.  Why would they now pick up the abduction thread?  Why are SY apparently ignoring the evidence pointing to involvement of the T9?  Why are they ignoring the people the PJ worked extremely hard to bring back for a reconstruction, in the belief that their evidence needed to be tested? 

SY annoucing that there are genuine new leads and want to investigate 38 people with PJ assistance flies completely in the face of the conclustions of the PJ investigation and it would not be surprising if SY's announcement was unwelcome news in  Portugal.  They will not have not forgotten that the investigation stalled due to the non co-operation of KMcC and other T9 illuminati who, rather than being under suspicion, are announced by SY as not being among the persons of interest they want to examine.  It would be interesting to pinpoint when the views of the UK and Portuguese forces diverged; there seemed to be mutual co-operation until the McC's flight from the Algarve in 2007, the point at which the UK police also shut up shop there. 

For the investigation as announced by SY to move forward, the co-operation of the Portuguese is essential, yet the two forces seem to be poles apart in their views.  It looks as if SY might need to review their position and actually take up the investigation where the PJ were forced to leave off, and rule in or out the T9 before interviewing anyone else, to acheive the Portuguese co-operation they cannot do without.  As they have not budged from that stance over the past 6 years, so why should they do so now?  If there is a genuine desire to find out what happened to this child, a way has to be found through this apparent stand off and SY's recent announcement is the least helpful way of achieving that.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 06.07.13 23:10

sallypelt wrote:
Pershing36 wrote:
Finn wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
Seek truth wrote:
lj wrote:No, the SY has after all this time and money nothing, nop, nada. They know their 38 plus or minus is one big red herring. They continuously let it seem as if they do everything in their power to solve the case, especially as far as their cooperation with the PJ is concerned. Their ultimate goal is something like: we could have found him/them, but the PJ did not want to solve the case.

It is a repeat of 2007: when the Brits refused to give any medical and financial information, keep the parents under suspicion updated of the investigation, screwed up the DNA evidence, lost some material in that process, sabotaged further interrogation of the tapas friends by  first not reacting, later declaring the International Letter of Request was not correct and so on and so forth.

Anyone who still believe SY is doing a proper investigation is rather naive imo. It's wagging the dog done by a LE group who has experience in screwing up investigations.

YOU SAID IT ALL !!

thanks 
Lets not forget SY have actually been involved since 2007.

Well, I have to question why some people are here, if all they are seeing is a "whitewash" from SY. I would like for you to explain, what is it you want, if you don't want the police to investigate? I am at a loss of what your motive is

I don't think it's a case of not wanting the police to investigate, sallypelt, I think it's a matter of not having confidence in the investigation.

I for one am not going to accept the SY review if they just come up with some random sex offender with very loose evidence.

Think of it this way if it wound up tomorrow and they concluded Hewlett probably did it, would you be happy to leave it there?

Do you really think that THAT is going to happen?

I will ask the same question, again. What is it some people want? If the police are NOT going to do anything, then what is the point of being here?
I agree that we have to be careful, and not listen to everything we hear, but I understand enough about the law to know that if they  just wanted this to go away, they would have left things as they were.

Now, I am not going to say anything else on the subject in regards to a "whitewash". I've said my piece, and I will concentrate on what the likes of Russian doll and those who have an understanding of how the law works.

I totally understand.  I also wouldn't be at all surprised these ridiculous statements are the reason the PJ seem  far less than enthusiastic about this review.  Why on earth SY want to present themselves to the world as the Key stone cops is beyond me.  

I don't understand the law to that extent either.  However in passed cases when there have been children go missing and parent involvement has been found to be the cause, have the police openly announced they have ruled out parent involvement only to go back on it?  You know the high profile cases were appeals etc have been made.

That is a serious question and would give me more faith if somebody could come up with an example.

As I say I am no expert on law and how courts work, however surely that would play to the defence once a statement like that has been made?
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by Woburn_exile 07.07.13 11:50

Why are we even discussing what the media are spouting about the McCanns. We all know they are being fed a pack of lies and the British public don't give a damn except to say that these vile people are at best just bloody awful neglectful parents.
shark shark shark shark shark
Woburn_exile
Woburn_exile

Activity : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 07.07.13 12:13

Monty Heck wrote:
For the investigation as announced by SY to move forward, the co-operation of the Portuguese is essential, yet the two forces seem to be poles apart in their views.  It looks as if SY might need to review their position and actually take up the investigation where the PJ were forced to leave off, and rule in or out the T9 before interviewing anyone else, to acheive the Portuguese co-operation they cannot do without.  As they have not budged from that stance over the past 6 years, so why should they do so now?  If there is a genuine desire to find out what happened to this child, a way has to be found through this apparent stand off and SY's recent announcement is the least helpful way of achieving that.

Yes if the PJ, with access to all the evidence, believe their case, then they have to stick to their guns over this.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 07.07.13 13:29

jd wrote:It would certainly change the goalposts of the trial now there is a suspect arrested

Personally I think his trial has been intentionally delayed to avoid complication for the imminent arrest expected to happen within few weeks.

The inevitable question has to be : WHO is going to be arrested? Abductor or Murderer? Not that difficult to deduce really going by recent reports. Read articles/statements not literally but between the lines and the implication of what's coming is clear and it is going to SHOCK not only the nation but the world.

Generally while it is normal under portuguese system for a long wait for a trial date, but once allocated and process gets underway it's not normal for long delay between processes, as happened where Amaral's case is concerned
His trial process has reached an impasse due to failed out of court negotiations.
From a logical, practical and legal viewpoint the process (already started) should follow the natural course of being processed fairly closely and in reasonable time frame to a conclusion, and not left hanging in limbo; unless there's a good valid reason for that.

If a foreseeable event about to take place soon is going to have an impact on this trial, then that is valid reason to delay this one.
Two trials that have a relation to each other cannot be allowed to take place concurrently because of sub-judice in that one will prejudice the other.

If we go by the party who asked for the Out of Court settlement,an educated guess would tell us which of the two parties is about to be crashed and living in fear.

The Police and Press are playing with words. The newspapers are preparing the public as seen by them building up the case for poles opposite contrast to afford the greatest sensationalisation that's to come that is going to sell papers.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 07.07.13 13:53

PeterMac wrote:In a "normal" case you arrest the suspect and interview him/her, using the evidence you have gathered during the enquiry to break down any denial or alibi.
It is difficult to see what they are going to do here.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?
"No.
"Did you enter apartment 5A
"No.
"Your fingerprints were not found - how do you explain that ?
"I can't
"There is no sign of your opening the shutter - surely you realise how damning that is ?
"I can't explain it.
"The people who were standing outside in the street did not hear you going in or out. You must be able to explain why not
"Not really
You had almost no time at all to get in and sedate the children, and then get out again.  That alone is conclusive.
"Whatever.
"There is enough lack of evidence to let you remain free for a very long time.  Is that really what you want ?
"If that's what the enquiry thinks . . .

If would be fun to watch the "suspect" squirming out of it!

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 07.07.13 14:34

aiyoyo wrote:
jd wrote:It would certainly change the goalposts of the trial now there is a suspect arrested

Personally I think his trial has been intentionally delayed to avoid complication for the imminent arrest expected to happen within few weeks.    

The inevitable question has to be : WHO is going to be arrested?  Abductor or Murderer?  Not that difficult to deduce really going by recent reports.   Read articles/statements not literally but between the lines and the implication of what's coming is clear and it is going to SHOCK not only the nation but the world.

Generally while it is normal under portuguese system for a long wait for a trial date, but once allocated and process gets underway it's not normal for long delay between processes, as happened where Amaral's case is concerned
His trial process has reached an impasse due to failed out of court negotiations.  
From a logical, practical and legal viewpoint the process (already started) should follow the natural course of being processed fairly closely and in reasonable time frame to a conclusion, and not left hanging in limbo;  unless there's a good valid reason for that.

If a foreseeable event about to take place soon is going to have an impact on this trial, then that is valid reason to delay this one.
Two trials that have a relation to each other cannot be allowed to take place concurrently because of sub-judice in that one will prejudice the other.

If we go by the party who asked for the Out of Court settlement,an educated guess would tell us which of the two parties is about to be crashed and living in fear.

The Police and Press are playing with words.  The newspapers are preparing the public as  seen by them building up the case for poles opposite contrast to afford the greatest sensationalisation that's to come  that is going to sell papers.

bravo  Well said aiyoyo, that's just the way I see this whole sordid story being played out, you cannot spook the suspects !!! Keep the Aces until the last, then see them try to squirm out of it !!!
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top