The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  Mm11

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  Mm11

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  Regist10

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  Empty Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated

Post by HelenMeg 13.05.16 22:54

• Judges ordered Goncalo Amaral to pay McCanns £395,000 damages 
  • Group of Britons gave cash to a web fund to help retired officer, 57
  • £1,000 claimed to be from a ‘very large’ group of Met police officers
  • Last month Portuguese judges decided to overturn the payout order

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3589566/Web-trolls-raise-50-000-Portuguese-policeman-wrote-book-claiming-McCanns-killed-daughter-Madeline.html

Has the Tide turned or what!!!!!

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  Dm010
Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  Dm110
Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  Dm210
Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  Dm310
Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  Dm410
Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  Dm510
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  Empty Re: Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated

Post by HelenMeg 13.05.16 23:06

I have to say that the Daily MAIL interviewing those who donated to the fund has turned out to be a huge massive positive step towards justice.
The article is balanced and promotes the fact that most who donated were not simply 'anti- Mc Cann' but were 'pro Justice' or truth seekers.
Tony's views are mentioned and come across really well.

I'm amazed but feel this is a real sign that people are not prepared to accept a whitewash. To also promote that police are supporting Amaral is fantastic.
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  Empty Re: Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated

Post by dottyaussie 13.05.16 23:14

Well that was surprising. Still not happy about the name 'trolls' being used though.
dottyaussie
dottyaussie

Activity : 337

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by Patience 13.05.16 23:25

Goodness me - I can hardly believe what I'm reading. Has the tide turned at last? 

I so hope it has.  clapping
Patience
Patience

Activity : 257

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 13.05.16 23:33

Article states the McCanns were cleared of any wrongdoing. girlno

Amaral’s book, The Truth Of The Lie, was published three days after the Portuguese authorities formally closed the inquiry in 2008 and cleared the couple of any wrongdoing.
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Patience 13.05.16 23:40

Quite a few inaccuracies in the article but on the whole, quite positive I feel.  smilie
Patience
Patience

Activity : 257

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 13.05.16 23:43

Our Tone gets a mention, retired solicitor and quotes him.

Now I wonder if any newspaper will doorstep Our Tone and ask him about his letter to the PM?

Fat chance I reckon.

Also mentions that Leanne had threats from pro McCann supporters!
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 13.05.16 23:46

Patience wrote:
pennylane wrote:Article states the McCanns were cleared of any wrongdoing. girlno

Amaral’s book, The Truth Of The Lie, was published three days after the Portuguese authorities formally closed the inquiry in 2008 and cleared the couple of any wrongdoing.
Quite a few inaccuracies in the article but on the whole, quite positive I feel.  smilie
I'm afraid the troll word isn't going to go away for now. It would be nice if the headline spelt Madeleine's name correctly and also didn't say GA's book claimed the McCanns killed their daughter and as Pennylane has said, the McCanns have not been cleared.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 13.05.16 23:51

In a way the headline is correct as the article states that some donators were quoted as saying "proud to be a troll".   Not a good headline but complaints wouldn't be worth it (imo).

At least it reads as web trolls and not sick trolls.  I think that could be because GEG put in a complaint recently about such a headline.   YEAH.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 13.05.16 23:54

dottyaussie wrote:Well that was surprising. Still not happy about the name 'trolls' being used though.
Me neither even if an 'honourable' one nod ... Interesting was this the 'door stepping'? 
See they let Kate have the last word on GA saying he is convicted of falsifying statements and why allowed to peddle his offensive ideas? Or something along those lines? 

So now it's absurd 'ideas'? 

Somewhat  like the 'abduction' idea eh??? 

Mmmmm

Good for Karen, Leanne and Ann-Kristine getting the word out..( I'm assuming they gave their own photos in for the mail to use)? 

Going to look at this as a positive, but have to wonder why after 9 years waiting for a less than biased reporting; Is it really down to Ga's win? 

Or is something else going on? friends

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by suzysu 13.05.16 23:57

I posted a question: How do you define 'troll', DM? 

So far, it hasn't appeared...
suzysu

Activity : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by dottyaussie 14.05.16 0:00

Very true Plebgate and yes it was more positive than the last few articles so its all going in the right direction slowly but surely  smilie
dottyaussie
dottyaussie

Activity : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 14.05.16 0:02

aquila wrote:
Patience wrote:
pennylane wrote:Article states the McCanns were cleared of any wrongdoing. girlno

I'm afraid the troll word isn't going to go away for now. It would be nice if the headline spelt Madeleine's name correctly and also didn't say GA's book claimed the McCanns killed their daughter and as Pennylane has said, the McCanns have not been cleared.

TM play really dirty, so you can never turn your back on them.
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 14.05.16 0:51

This article stinks - I smell a troll-fest coming on.  How many times have I read the implication that McCann sceptics are trashing the chance of a fair trial?  Is this a lead up to Operation Grange's grande finale?  All those known Bennett beaters that just love to throw that word 'troll' in at every opportunity - no names mentioned.

Please beware Mr. Bennett here there be dragons.

ETA:  OK, so the report makes mention of donations made in support of Mr. Amaral but not without appending the word 'troll' thereto.  Don't be fooled - since when has the UK gutter press been allowed to speak out against the McCanns.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 14.05.16 0:58

Verdi wrote:This article stinks - I smell a troll-fest coming on.  How many times have I read the implication that McCann sceptics are trashing the chance of a fair trial?  Is this a lead up to Operation Grange's grande finale?  All those known Bennett beaters that just love to throw that word 'troll' in at every opportunity - no names mentioned.

Would those "dragons" be the ones full of hot air by any chance? 

The tide maybe turning but it hasn't reached the shore yet! 

Like I said "something else is going on"? 

Waiting... Watching...

OG need to pull their 'socks' up 
IMHO

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 14.05.16 1:03

MayMuse wrote:
Verdi wrote:This article stinks - I smell a troll-fest coming on.  How many times have I read the implication that McCann sceptics are trashing the chance of a fair trial?  Is this a lead up to Operation Grange's grande finale?  All those known Bennett beaters that just love to throw that word 'troll' in at every opportunity - no names mentioned.

Would those "dragons" be the ones full of hot air by any chance? 

The tide maybe turning but it hasn't reached the shore yet! 

Like I said "something else is going on"? 

Waiting... Watching...

OG need to pull their 'socks' up 
IMHO
NO!  They are the ones breathing fire trying to frazzle people who stick their neck out in quest of justice for Madeleine McCann. 

The rest of your post is meaningless.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 14.05.16 1:09

NO! They think they are, those that have stuck their neck out are still strong! 

So your posts are "meaningful" ???

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 14.05.16 1:16

Least said soonest mended.  Suffice to say Mr. Bennett's name is again under fire - I am concerned for his well being.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 14.05.16 1:28

I think that many are concerned  considering what Tony Bennett has fought and endured.  I could not imagine the strength he has and he has my upmost respect as do many others who have stuck the past nine years for the truth for Madeleine. Remaining united in that goal can bring positive outcomes, this I do believe. 
The 'tone' change in MSM might be questionable as to why now, but at present I'm taking it at face value ( or print) and that we may soon 'hear' something perhaps least expected?

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by BarryTheHatchet 14.05.16 2:00

That article reads to me as though the Mail are playing both sides.
Dr Amaral has never accused the parents of "murdering" their daughter and if he chose to sue them, then there is his grounds, right in the first sentence.  The emotive uses of the word "troll" and "alleged" (in regards to the Police group) show exactly what they think. 
Yet if you read the comments (sort them first, by most popular, it's a better read) it's obvious what most of the rest of the world think, and that's too big to be ignored.  And the Mail knows it.
This is a damage limitation piece.  IMO.
BarryTheHatchet
BarryTheHatchet

Activity : 443

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 14.05.16 2:51

I'm not so sure this signals a tide-change. It is a more balanced piece certainly, but the balance is still pro McCann.  The most telling 'error' in the article is in the headline (repeated within the article):

"Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine"

This as we all know is not at all what Amaral wrote. He believed it to be an accident of some sort.  I get the feeling that the obvious and repeated inaccuracy is aimed at devaluing his entire theory.  Few in the UK are ever going to be believe that Kate or Gerry murdered their daughter. And if they believe this to be Amaral's view, then his entire theory may be discarded in their minds.  

Headlines are what people remember - and note that it is a headline that is repeated by the Telegraph who go further in the detailed story:  "In his book, The Truth of The Lie, Mr Amaral accused the McCanns of murdering their daughter and faking her abduction."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/14/uk-internet-trolls-raise-over-50000-in-donations-to-help-portugu/?

So - yes, there is some more balance in the text itself, but perhaps the article aims to undermine Amaral and his supporters - just in a more subtle manner.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 14.05.16 4:17

The U.K. Press have never reported fairly or correctly have they? Not even for Madeleine! 
I just hope GA and his team are keeping a very close eye on their reporting, they cannot get away with this any longer and whilst they are trying to sneak those 'snippets' in, when the English version of the Truth of the Lie is launched the public can read for themselves what was actually purported. 
After re-reading I do feel that they are perhaps trying to balance the 'scales' yet they are playing with 'fire' with the "killing" remark...Amaral's lawyers could well just be "hot ON the press" whacky
IMHO

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 14.05.16 6:11

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  Nz110
Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  Nz210
Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  Nz310

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11639138

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 40913

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 14.05.16 6:12

Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  T110
Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  T210
Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  T310
Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  T410
Daily Mail - article MUST READ: Web trolls raise £50,000 for the Portuguese detective who wrote a book claiming the McCanns killed their daughter Madeleine - and even British police donated  T510

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/14/uk-internet-trolls-raise-over-50000-in-donations-to-help-portugu/

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 40913

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top