The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine, says Kate McCann Sunday Express 2/6/13 - Page 3 Mm11

British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine, says Kate McCann Sunday Express 2/6/13 - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine, says Kate McCann Sunday Express 2/6/13 - Page 3 Mm11

British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine, says Kate McCann Sunday Express 2/6/13 - Page 3 Regist10

British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine, says Kate McCann Sunday Express 2/6/13

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine, says Kate McCann Sunday Express 2/6/13 - Page 3 Empty Re: British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine, says Kate McCann Sunday Express 2/6/13

Post by plebgate 03.06.13 7:43

Snipped from PennyX post:

" I think it would become a police matter so everything else would
follow including the ID of the person posting. The computer would
record who posted & what. It is very simple.

Libel is a civil matter and would not involved the police. The computer cannot know which person in a household is posting.

Anyway as you said people have their own opinions.

As Margaret Thatcher was once reported as saying - Deny, Deny, Deny. British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine, says Kate McCann Sunday Express 2/6/13 - Page 3 847771
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine, says Kate McCann Sunday Express 2/6/13 - Page 3 Empty Re: British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine, says Kate McCann Sunday Express 2/6/13

Post by plebgate 03.06.13 7:50

PeterMac wrote:The poster is of an age-progressed photo -
Aged SIX.
Not TEN.
The McCanns and their Spokesthing Clarence Mitchell, and their private Detectives Edgar and whatsisname insist, and without ever having publicly resiled from that position
that
Madeleine is being held in a Hellish lair within 10 miles of PdL, by a predatory paedophile.
So where exactly are the public supposed to search, at the cost of £1.75p

I meant to copy and paste last week a post from here where someone pointed out along the lines that when a family go on holiday why should they be expected to buy posters or wear wrist bands (which they have to pay for) and young children going to bed each night could be frightened witless worrying about whether a nasty man was coming to take them away from their family in the middle of the night.

How true.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 03.06.13 8:04

Even in the immediate aftermath of 3/5/2007 when there were a few sightings coming in of little blond girls who were the right sort of age and size as Madeleine, especially the one in Belgium, the McCanns never gave any indication that they were taking them seriously. Kate even complained about the police driving too fast after one sighting (WTF?? - could any vehicle go fast enough under such circumstances?).

Six years on and only guesstimate age-progression pictures to go on and no idea if a now 10 year old would still have fair hair, no idea how tall (children vary so much at 10), or anything else, what good would a wristband or a luggage tag be anyway?

Would the McCanns even recognize a 10 year old Madeleine if she stood right in front of them?

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 03.06.13 8:32

Smokeandmirrors wrote:Even in the immediate aftermath of 3/5/2007 when there were a few sightings coming in of little blond girls who were the right sort of age and size as Madeleine, especially the one in Belgium, the McCanns never gave any indication that they were taking them seriously. Kate even complained about the police driving too fast after one sighting (WTF?? - could any vehicle go fast enough under such circumstances?).

Six years on and only guesstimate age-progression pictures to go on and no idea if a now 10 year old would still have fair hair, no idea how tall (children vary so much at 10), or anything else, what good would a wristband or a luggage tag be anyway?

Would the McCanns even recognize a 10 year old Madeleine if she stood right in front of them?

I don't think so. What struck me about the latest 'age advanced picture' is that her parting is on the right. In all the photographs it's either in the middle or on the left. So not very accurately observed imo. I would have expected her mother to spot that.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 03.06.13 8:40

tigger wrote:
Smokeandmirrors wrote:Even in the immediate aftermath of 3/5/2007 when there were a few sightings coming in of little blond girls who were the right sort of age and size as Madeleine, especially the one in Belgium, the McCanns never gave any indication that they were taking them seriously. Kate even complained about the police driving too fast after one sighting (WTF?? - could any vehicle go fast enough under such circumstances?).

I don't think so. What struck me about the latest 'age advanced picture' is that her parting is on the right. In all the photographs it's either in the middle or on the left. So not very accurately observed imo. I would have expected her mother to spot that.

And she wasn't a "proper" blond, the sort of hair colour that goes darker with age. They should be advising people to look for a brunette, not a blond, the whole idea of looking for a blond IMO is futile.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 03.06.13 9:36

Spaniel wrote:
tigger wrote:Spaniel wrote:
I have no idea of the legalities regarding comments in newspapers as it's not my concern. I made it my concern though at the height of the TB proceedings to research whether a forum owner is liable for postings. They are not and it's here somewhere that to sue a forum owner would be akin to suing a newsagent for selling a paper containing libellous material.

We are all responsible for what we post, not the forum owner.
Think on. Would CR have gone after Tony Bennett if they could have had the site owner instead and closed it down?
unquote

It would be wonderful if you could post the reference. TB wasn't prosecuted initially for anything he posted here but for distributing a booklet.
I find the analogy of a newsagent to a forum owner and administrator rather unlikely. The case of Sally Bercow v. McAlpine will be interesting in this respect since I recently read that there is a precedent which states that in a case of multiple sources of libel the main source should be taken to court and picking out individual offenders was disallowed by the court.

In the case of taking newspapers to court for libel, it's never an individual journalist but always the paper as a whole.

I said did I not that papers didn't concern my research as we here are not newspapers. Go research that if you like. My concern at the time was this forum's liability, of which they have none.

I'm really tired of people here not understanding why TB was penalised and it was not because of a booklet. I could explain yet again, but I think your mind is closed.

I referred to journalists and not comments by readers in my last post. I know exactly why TB was judged in court, i.e. for contempt of court in breaking the undertaking given after the initial 'offence'. I used the word 'initially' for that reason.
Most members and guests understand perfectly well why TB was in court as far as I can see.

I didn't ask for an explanation of that matter but I did ask politely if you could produce the reference for your statement repeated above that this forum has no liability for the content posted by members. Imo that's very good news but where and when can we find a legal reference? Until such time I will say that I think the present misinformation campaign is ˙∆˚˚¬¬øøˆˆ∆∆˙˙˙©©©©¡¡¡¡©©ƒ®®¢£™£∞∞§§§¡!!!

- and to get back on topic: asking holiday makers to buy posters from their Ltd. Co. (aka as Fund) to help look for Maddie is †¥¶•∆∆˚˚¬¬!!

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 03.06.13 10:37

My question here is this -

Why on earth should I buy posters and take them on holiday with me when the McCann's own friends are so unconcerned for Madeleine's welfare that they have all refused to return to Portugal to take part in the reconstruction?

The way I see it the tapas group have to convince us all that they actually believe that Madeleine is still alive by taking part in the reconstruction. Otherwise we can only draw two conclusions, either that they are all completely unmoved by the plight of a young girl, or that they already know that she is beyond help.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 03.06.13 10:45

British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine, says Kate McCann Sunday Express 2/6/13 - Page 3 Empty suzyjohnson Today at 10:37 am

My question here is this -

Why on earth should I buy posters and take them on holiday with me when the McCann's own friends are so unconcerned for Madeleine's welfare that they have all refused to return to Portugal to take part in the reconstruction?

The way I see it the tapas group have to convince us all that they actually believe that Madeleine is still alive by taking part in the reconstruction. Otherwise we can only draw two conclusions, either that they are all completely unmoved by the plight of a young girl, or that they already know that she is beyond help.

Well said. If this group of people believe this child is alive and findable, why would they agree among themselves to effectively stall the investigation into finding her? Their actions indicate that there is no urgency to find her. She could wait years for a case review to be implemented, then more years while the case files are searched. No rush at all, and if she's an adult by the time she's found, well, why would that be our fault?
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta 03.06.13 11:52

The aged progressed photo of Maddie is not particularly helpful - I know of one girl in Malaga that looks pretty close and a couple more in the small town near Huelva where I used to live. I am quite sure in my small Scottish town I could probably find half a dozen lookalikes.

That's what this is about - generate more useless sightings. Sightings get reported, headlines made, fund gets publicised and coffers boosted.
nomendelta

Activity : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 03.06.13 12:44

In view of the number of redheads in Mr's family it is possible that Maddie could have red hair and freckles.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 03.06.13 14:27

plebgate wrote:
PeterMac wrote:The poster is of an age-progressed photo -
Aged SIX.
Not TEN.
The McCanns and their Spokesthing Clarence Mitchell, and their private Detectives Edgar and whatsisname insist, and without ever having publicly resiled from that position
that
Madeleine is being held in a Hellish lair within 10 miles of PdL, by a predatory paedophile.
So where exactly are the public supposed to search, at the cost of £1.75p

I meant to copy and paste last week a post from here where someone pointed out along the lines that when a family go on holiday why should they be expected to buy posters or wear wrist bands (which they have to pay for) and young children going to bed each night could be frightened witless worrying about whether a nasty man was coming to take them away from their family in the middle of the night.

How true.

I believe it will be compulsory soon for anyone taking a holiday in the area to wear the McCann wristbands and recite the articles of faith (see the hellish liar above or construct your own from a selection), e.g. 'There is no evidence that Madeleine has been harmed.'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.06.13 14:32

And all workers will get to pay a special "Madeleine Tax"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 03.06.13 14:41

Yes I know MontyHeck

If I were the parent of a missing child I would be devastated if my friends wouldn't assist in a reconstruction, in which any little remembered detail could assist the the PJ in finding my child, or help prove my innocence.

Yet the McCann's appear very understanding towards the rest of the tapas group. How much more likely is it that they have told the McCann's in no uncertain terms not to expect any further help from them in covering up what happened?

The only other explanation for them all not to go to Portugal would be that they believe the McCanns, or they themselves, would be arrested in Portugal, but, with the world watching, would you put that consideration before the chance of finding out what happened to a friends little girl? If they had nothing to hide then it wouldn't be a problem.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.06.13 14:46

If memory serves me, they were - apart from being difficult about dates, flights, hotels and doubting the benefit of a reconstruction - looking for guarantees that they wouldn't be arrested once they set foot on Portuguese soil again ...
I'll see, if I still can find something to document that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.06.13 14:56

This seems to be the complete correspondence between PJ, LP and Tapas re reconstruction:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id279.html

ETA a snippet - Paynes:

"we are still left feeling very uncertain of the motives in organising a re-enactment."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.06.13 15:01

Châtelaine wrote:This seems to be the complete correspondence between PJ, LP and Tapas re reconstruction:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id279.html

a snippet - Paynes:

"[color:f683=000000]we are still left feeling very uncertain
of the motives in organising a re-enactment."

Thanks Chatelaine, shocking reading, poor Madeleine.British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine, says Kate McCann Sunday Express 2/6/13 - Page 3 173510
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.06.13 15:10

A little later they all started needing "legal advice". We all know how it ended ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa 03.06.13 15:26

Spluttering coffee over the keyboard moment!
( realise none of this is new to you old-timers established forum members British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine, says Kate McCann Sunday Express 2/6/13 - Page 3 110921
but is to us newbies) - WHY are the police so deferential to that British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine, says Kate McCann Sunday Express 2/6/13 - Page 3 173510 bunch. And signing off 'Stu' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 03.06.13 15:40

Probably knew each other from the golf course or had friends in common.
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 03.06.13 16:39

Praiaaa wrote:Spluttering coffee over the keyboard moment!
( realise none of this is new to you old-timers established forum members British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine, says Kate McCann Sunday Express 2/6/13 - Page 3 110921
but is to us newbies) - WHY are the police so deferential to that British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine, says Kate McCann Sunday Express 2/6/13 - Page 3 173510 bunch. And signing off 'Stu' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cos he can't spell Stuart?
Not called 'woodentops' for nothing!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 03.06.13 16:47

plebgate wrote:In view of the number of redheads in Mr's family it is possible that Maddie could have red hair and freckles.

Judging by one of their age-progressed images, Maddie could be black so anything is possible I guess British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine, says Kate McCann Sunday Express 2/6/13 - Page 3 1287980906
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 03.06.13 16:52

I think it was the McCanns' who advised their friends to decline the PJ's invitation so that the reconstruction couldn't go ahead, the McCanns of course would have had to go as they were arguidos but they knew it wouldn't go ahead unless all the tapas 7 agreed to take part.
If that wasn't the reason can you imagine the reaction of Kate and Gerry if they truly wanted to overturn every stone and their pals said no?
Wouldn't they have denounced their selfish mates to the press, wouldn't they have physically kicked their backsides all the way to Portugal? I know I would.
And would I ever speak to any of them ever again? No I would not.
Casey5

Activity : 402

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 03.06.13 17:45

Casey5 wrote:I think it was the McCanns' who advised their friends to decline the PJ's invitation so that the reconstruction couldn't go ahead, the McCanns of course would have had to go as they were arguidos but they knew it wouldn't go ahead unless all the tapas 7 agreed to take part.
If that wasn't the reason can you imagine the reaction of Kate and Gerry if they truly wanted to overturn every stone and their pals said no?
Wouldn't they have denounced their selfish mates to the press, wouldn't they have physically kicked their backsides all the way to Portugal? I know I would.
And would I ever speak to any of them ever again? No I would not.

I agree, they never had any intention of returning for the reconstruction. But, if their child had been abducted they would've been back like a shot because they really would've left no stone unturned whether they were suspects or not. They ducked and dived for months, first saying they would return, then questioning the point of it (unbelievable) and later accusing the police of trying to fit them up. As if.... The police would've chosen an easy target if that was their intention, not some mafia-like mob with highly influential friends in media, law, politics and big business. And you're right, if genuine parents were leaving no stone unturned and imploring the public (complete strangers) to help find their child but their own friends (who accompanied them on holiday) refused to help, there would be absolute outrage from a genuine couple. They'd create hell and name and shame them in the press. But no, this couple brushed it aside as if nothing happened, just as they brushed aside the lousy performances of their private eyes.

Blacksmith disputes the commonly held belief that as arguidos they had to return. He says that is not the case and sets it out nicely here

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5023-it-won-t-go-away-part-two-the-detailed-evidence-by-blacksmith-bureau?highlight=reconstruction+blacksmith+bureau
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 03.06.13 20:30

Jes Wilkins didn't want to do a reconstruction either. He says words to that effect in his rog "interview". And his wife worked on Crimewatch. What does that say?
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 03.06.13 20:32

Lance De Boils wrote:Jes Wilkins didn't want to do a reconstruction either. He says words to that effect in his rog "interview". And his wife worked on Crimewatch. What does that say?

I think he said he would do it if all the others would do it as well. I didn't take it that he ruled himself out just like the tapas lot did.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top