The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine, says Kate McCann Sunday Express 2/6/13

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine, says Kate McCann Sunday Express 2/6/13

Post by Lance De Boils on 03.06.13 20:43

I spoke with the police for a long time regarding this topic. I had some reservation about the press' intrusion onto my personal life and the hurt that resulted. I actually think that I would prefer not to take part. I have helped the investigation and am particularly interested in the investigative team gave me a solid base with would justify the reconstitution.

From Jes Wilkins' rog.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine, says Kate McCann Sunday Express 2/6/13

Post by ShuBob on 03.06.13 21:05

I must have mixed up his statements then. Does anyone know if the roggies was the only time the idea of a reconstruction was put to JW? I seem to recall an entirely different comment about the reconstruction to that in his roggie interview

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 03.06.13 22:02

British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine.

Buy a holiday pack.

Forget about working all year to take your family on holiday and relaxing with them and enjoying a proper family holiday, no, no, no, whilst you are packing for your family holiday remember to send our Limited Company some money to get our bumper pack of goodies and attach our luggage tags to your suitcases. It's only £1.75.

You can even keep a card with Madeleine's picture in your purse/wallet. On your way to the airport you can be happy in the knowledge that you have our new improved car sticker firmly placed.

Whilst you are on your family holiday remember to take time out to search for our daughter Madeleine and put up some posters. Always keep our Madeleine in your mind - we want you to be aware - we campaign for awareness - we are asking you to be vigilant.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 03.06.13 22:07

Well put Aquila. Their bare faced cheek is astounding.

Snifferdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 03.06.13 22:21

Do the McCanns insist that every car they drive or are driven in bears a car sticker? Kate tells us that when the twins see the car stickers they point them out to say someone is looking for Madeleine...it gives Kate such a warm feeling (sorry I can't be bothered to look up the exact words or the link).

When Kate went back to Portugal recently did she take a load of 'products' to hand out for free? Did Madeleine's MOTHER use her time in PDL to take her own 'goods' and hand them out? How many posters has Kate McCann placed anywhere?

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 03.06.13 22:22

@aquila wrote:British holidaymakers can help in the hunt for Madeleine.
Buy a holiday pack.
Forget about working all year to take your family on holiday and relaxing with them and enjoying a proper family holiday, no, no, no, whilst you are packing for your family holiday remember to send our Limited Company some money to get our bumper pack of goodies and attach our luggage tags to your suitcases. It's only £1.75.
You can even keep a card with Madeleine's picture in your purse/wallet. On your way to the airport you can be happy in the knowledge that you have our new improved car sticker firmly placed.
Whilst you are on your family holiday remember to take time out to search for our daughter Madeleine and put up some posters. Always keep our Madeleine in your mind - we want you to be aware - we campaign for awareness - we are asking you to be vigilant.

And above all remember this
"It is within the bounds of responsible parenting to leave your three children, all under 4 years old, in an unlocked apartment, outside the gates of any complex, for five night in a row.
And it one of them does get hurt - this will not be your fault.
And if one does get abducted, you may make millions.
Good luck.

Take a spare child. You never know !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 03.06.13 22:43

How many posters has Kate put up of her own daughter? On her latest vigil trip to Portugal did Kate with her own mother accompanying her ship a load of products to hand out? Did they put up posters?

I love the pricing element. It's competitive. Most charities (the Fund is not a charity) ask for £2 to £3 pounds per month. Charities pay for highly skilled advertisements on television. That's a huge dent in a charity budget.

The McCanns don't need to advertise - their advertising is done for them in the media - the media they seem to loathe and want to gag (see Tigger's topic on Unprecedented Publicity).

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 03.06.13 22:51

@aquila wrote:Do the McCanns insist that every car they drive or are driven in bears a car sticker? Kate tells us that when the twins see the car stickers they point them out to say someone is looking for Madeleine...it gives Kate such a warm feeling (sorry I can't be bothered to look up the exact words or the link).

When Kate went back to Portugal recently did she take a load of 'products' to hand out for free? Did Madeleine's MOTHER use her time in PDL to take her own 'goods' and hand them out? How many posters has Kate McCann placed anywhere?

Our car was daubed with marker pen on the window where I had a car sticker. This was in Spain.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 04.06.13 1:06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U88W_bAvgDI

Nick: 'So you would like much LESS coverage'
GM: 'ABSOLUTELY, you know because there has been huge amounts written with no substance.'

Susan Healy:
She said: "I would like to see Madeleine on the front page of every single newspaper, EVERY DAY. We must remember her."

Have a word with her, Gerry!
It's a 'disaster'!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 04.06.13 3:49

GM: 'ABSOLUTELY, you know because there has been huge amounts written with no substance.'

ABSOLUTELY, Gerry I absolutely agree there has been hugh amounts written with no substance; all coming from YOUR side.
Why not cooperate with Police you might be more believable then.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lostfridge on 04.06.13 13:44

I thought it was widely confirmed that it was not her mother who accompanied her on the recent trip to PDL ! It was Mrs Hubbard was it not ?

Lostfridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.06.13 14:32

Yes, it was Mrs. Hubbard, not Mrs. Healy.

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta on 04.06.13 14:38

@aiyoyo wrote:Nick: 'So you would like much LESS coverage'

ABSOLUTELY, Gerry I absolutely agree there has been hugh amounts written with no substance; all coming from YOUR side.
Why not cooperate with Police you might be more believable then.

What a very strange statement for Gerry to make given that the press payout his friends received - surely the McCanns have the time and resources to sue any papers that have published untruths since then? I mean they went after Tony quickly enough and Amaral too - and there's more money to be gained from suing the papers than from suing those two gents!

nomendelta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 04.06.13 14:46

Thing about threatening to sue is that if the papers didn't cave in, it could be very costly for them if they lost. With the Portugal case coming up it wouldn't surprise me if their backers are waiting to see the outcome - if they lose and their backers do pay costs etc. then I can't see they would be likely to risk backing them in further libel cases if there was a risk of losing again.

Who in their right mind would promise to back them again if the libel trial in Portugal fails.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta on 04.06.13 15:12

Not suggesting that they would have or should have sued the papers - just pointing out how ludicrous a comment it is from Gerry given how much resources (either paid for by the fund or given freely) have been spent on the Amaral and Bennett cases.

We know - because it's patently obvious - that they have a green light with the press here. The only McCann criticism ever seen in gteh press here is very veiled and indirect.

nomendelta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck on 04.06.13 18:32

suzyjohnson Yesterday at 2:41 pm

Yes I know MontyHeck

If I were the parent of a missing child I would be devastated if my friends wouldn't assist in a reconstruction, in which any little remembered detail could assist the the PJ in finding my child, or help prove my innocence.

Yet the McCann's appear very understanding towards the rest of the tapas group. How much more likely is it that they have told the McCann's in no uncertain terms not to expect any further help from them in covering up what happened?

The only other explanation for them all not to go to Portugal would be that they believe the McCanns, or they themselves, would be arrested in Portugal, but, with the world watching, would you put that consideration before the chance of finding out what happened to a friends little girl? If they had nothing to hide then it wouldn't be a problem.

Yes, it does look that way, but why so fearful of arrest? The Paynes didn't appear to fear arrest when they stayed on after the holiday to assist the McCs. Other group members didn't seem to fear arrest when they returned in summer 2007 to finger Murat, or when an assortment arrived in PDL to stage the McC's documentary. Fiona Payne didn't seem concerned about arrest when she flew to Lisbon for the Amaral case hearing, and the McCs themselves remained in PDL for several months in 2007 and have subsequently returned on numerous occasions without apparent concerns regarding arrest. If there is a concern about arrest, then it appears related exclusively to the requested reconstruction as any return to Portugal in general does not seem to present much of a problem to the group.

Monty Heck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 04.06.13 18:37

@jeanmonroe wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U88W_bAvgDI

Susan Healy:
She said: "I would like to see Madeleine on the front page of every single newspaper, EVERY DAY. We must remember her."

Have a word with her, Gerry!
It's a 'disaster'!

thumbup

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.06.13 20:47

@Monty Heck wrote: [...]why so fearful of arrest? The Paynes didn't appear to fear arrest when they stayed on after the holiday to assist the McCs. Other group members didn't seem to fear arrest when they returned in summer 2007 to finger Murat, or when an assortment arrived in PDL to stage the McC's documentary. Fiona Payne didn't seem concerned about arrest when she flew to Lisbon for the Amaral case hearing, and the McCs themselves remained in PDL for several months in 2007 and have subsequently returned on numerous occasions without apparent concerns regarding arrest. If there is a concern about arrest, then it appears related exclusively to the requested reconstruction as any return to Portugal in general does not seem to present much of a problem to the group.
Right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia on 04.06.13 22:43

@aquila wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:The mccanns are facing a very costly libel trial in Lisbon, one which they have very little hope of winning. There are three lots of Defendants, each with their own legal teams, if mccanns lose they will have to pay not only their own legal costs but those of all the other parties. The Fund could be wiped out.

I think (I may be wrong here) but in Portuguese law each party is required to pay their own costs regardless of the outcome. Can someone confirm that?

I don't understand ANYTHING about law but I found this online : "Besides the expense of usual processes, those who lose a case in court will have to pay a share of the attorney's fees of the opposing party.Whoever loses an action shall pay the lawyers of both parties" http://legalices.blogspot.pt/2006/12/quem-perde-em-tribunal-paga-ao-advogado.html (portuguese page)
That was similar to what happened with Amaral regarding the Leonor Cipriano case "The lawyer Marcos Aragão Correia and university professor António Pedro Dores were acquitted yesterday, the Court of Faro, the crime of defamation action brought by a former judicial police inspector Goncalo Amaral. The defendants were also acquitted of the claim of € 3,000. Gonçalo Amaral was sentenced to pay court costs.Aragão Correia was accused of having published a report in April 2008 on behalf of the Association Against Exclusion for Development (ACED), chaired by António Dores in accusing Amaral having watched "complacently" the tortures that Leonor off target, carried out by his subordinates. This second report made ​​to it by Leonor Cipriano.The court found that António Dores "had no knowledge of the report" and that Aragão Correia "acted in pursuit of legitimate interests, convinced that the testimony of Leonor Cipriano was true at that acquitted both defendants." http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/portugal/amaral-perde--e-paga-custas

@aquila wrote:Do the McCanns insist that every car they drive or are
driven in bears a car sticker? Kate tells us that when the twins see the
car stickers they point them out to say someone is looking for
Madeleine...it gives Kate such a warm feeling (sorry I can't be bothered
to look up the exact words or the link).

When Kate went back to
Portugal recently did she take a load of 'products' to hand out for
free? Did Madeleine's MOTHER use her time in PDL to take her own 'goods'
and hand them out? How many posters has Kate McCann placed
anywhere?

I dare to say...none...I'd love to see her go out in any Portuguese town talking with population... not happening ...

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 05.06.13 4:19

MontyHeck, yes that's it, it's the reconstruction that's going to present all the problems

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 05.06.13 8:15

@suzyjohnson wrote:MontyHeck, yes that's it, it's the reconstruction that's going to present all the problems
Exactly.
They have to show an actor how to
Get in
sedate 3
select 1
turn her round
exit
in the dark and in silence,
within 1 minute and 20 seconds.

The problem is writing the screenplay for the actor, and demonstrating how they want him to do it.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.06.13 9:22

I'm thinking that someone skilled in the art of sleight of hand could be called upon to play the part of the "abductor".

You know the sort of thing, someone's chained up in a crate suspended in the air and, within a minute or so, the crate explodes and the person reappears unharmed somewhere else.

I wonder if David Blaine's available at the moment?

It takes someone versed in smoke and mirror tactics to know another......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.06.13 9:37

I can't remember but have any posters been put up in Great Britain over the years at holiday time, in supermarkets shops, libraries, pubs, in fact all public places appealing to any holiday makers? Of course the poster would have to have the owner / manager permission to put them up, I presume the same would apply to public places abroad. Have they when on their travels, or any of their family or even their so called powerful friends ever gone into a shop ect and asked to put up a poster I doubt it, lets leave it to the guilible public to do the work for us and keep the money coming in. IMO this is just one big con to help them build up the coffers again.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 05.06.13 9:52

Cherry Blossom wrote:I can't remember but have any posters been put up in Great Britain over the years at holiday time, in supermarkets shops, libraries, pubs, in fact all public places appealing to any holiday makers?
The most recent enhanced image purports to show Madeleine aged 6. She is now 10.
Why have they not bothered paying for another one ?
Ah, yes, PAYING. That might be seen as a waste of money.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.06.13 11:03

@PeterMac wrote:
Cherry Blossom wrote:I can't remember but have any posters been put up in Great Britain over the years at holiday time, in supermarkets shops, libraries, pubs, in fact all public places appealing to any holiday makers?
The most recent enhanced image purports to show Madeleine aged 6. She is now 10.
Why have they not bothered paying for another one ?
Ah, yes, PAYING. That might be seen as a waste of money.

So who are the public looking for a 3 yr old, 6 yr old or 10 yr old, just mudding the water's again, they are still allowing the photo of Madeleine aged 3, why aren't they pushing the age progression photo to the public, maybe they think she's not has pretty in that photo, Madeline at 3 is always the predominant photo in the newspapers then it's like an after thought to add her age 10. How much would it cost to photo copy hundreds or thousands of Madeleine age 10 using the money which the public have donated to pay in the search for her, they won't do that though too busy lineing their own pockets.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum