The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 23 Mm11

19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 23 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 23 Mm11

19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 23 Regist10

19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 23 Empty Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by Woofer 20.05.13 11:46

If SY have done their job properly they would have liaised with Goncalo who was the co-ordinator of the case. If they haven`t done this, it shows extreme incompetence on their part.

We don`t hear much from Joana Morais at the moment - she is usually the one with all the info from the Portuguese angle. I wonder if she`s in contact with GA.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 23 Empty Re: 19 May Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express

Post by View-from-Ireland 20.05.13 11:54

Over the past 24 hours my instincts have been telling me that this case has moved a step closer to being resolved.

Reading between the lines, the information which is being released is being designed to 'flush out' the Tapas 9. They are backing that group into a corner.

If the 'new evidence' from 9.15pm doesn't result in an interrogation of Jane Tanner, Wilkins and Gerry McCann then we know there is something/somebody being protected as this contradiction simply cannot be ignored if this new information is what the police are banking on.

In the reports we are reading, a lot of ambiguous language is being used and this indicates to me that the police know that persons in the Tapas group had called on Maddie earlier in the week and that something terrible may have happened at that point.

-'British couple'

-'Middle-aged'

-'Soothed Maddie'

-'Known to the McCanns'

View-from-Ireland

Activity : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 20.05.13 11:56

View-from-Ireland wrote:Over the past 24 hours my instincts have been telling me that this case has moved a step closer to being resolved.

Reading between the lines, the information which is being released is being designed to 'flush out' the Tapas 9. They are backing that group into a corner.

If the 'new evidence' from 9.15pm doesn't result in an interrogation of Jane Tanner, Wilkins and Gerry McCann then we know there is something/somebody being protected as this contradiction simply cannot be ignored if this new information is what the police are banking on.

In the reports we are reading, a lot of ambiguous language is being used and this indicates to me that the police know that persons in the Tapas group had called on Maddie earlier in the week and that something terrible may have happened at that point.

-'British couple'

-'Middle-aged'

-'Soothed Maddie'

-'Known to the McCanns'

I hear you loud and clear  19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 23 160807
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 20.05.13 12:00

sami wrote:SNIP

We are being led to believe that this is the road Scotland Yard are following, looking for these people. That being the case, they should be calling it neglect, in my opinion.

It is only not neglect because it is not true.

So, who has ownership of this story ? If the pink one is spinning it, it is very damaging. If it is not him, who is it

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the McCanns will rue the day they picked on the Express Group when all the other nationals were doing the exact same thing as them.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 20.05.13 12:15

the mccanns themselves would know if it was couple they had asked to check their children that night surely police would have just asked them ! if couple
of their friends did that check so could be ruled out by asking all the tappas 9 who where there !
sheila.edwards

Activity : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.13 12:23

View-from-Ireland wrote:In the reports we are reading, a lot of ambiguous language is being used and this indicates to me that the police know that persons in the Tapas group had called on Maddie earlier in the week and that something terrible may have happened at that point.

-'British couple'

-'Middle-aged'

-'Soothed Maddie'

-'Known to the McCanns'
I'm sorry, I must have missed this bit in all the flurry of Madeleine stories: 'Known to the McCanns'.

Could you please direct me to which new report that phrase appears in?

Who is known to the McCanns?

The Moyes?
The mystery couple if it is not the Moyes?
The couple who reportedly soothed Madeleine?
Someone else?

Many thanks
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 20.05.13 12:27

friends COUPLES they went on holiday with eg that david payne etc
sheila.edwards

Activity : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by View-from-Ireland 20.05.13 12:58

MJC wrote:
View-from-Ireland wrote:In the reports we are reading, a lot of ambiguous language is being used and this indicates to me that the police know that persons in the Tapas group had called on Maddie earlier in the week and that something terrible may have happened at that point.

-'British couple'

-'Middle-aged'

-'Soothed Maddie'

-'Known to the McCanns'
I'm sorry, I must have missed this bit in all the flurry of Madeleine stories: 'Known to the McCanns'.

Could you please direct me to which new report that phrase appears in?

Who is known to the McCanns?

The Moyes?

The mystery couple if it is not the Moyes?
The couple who reportedly soothed Madeleine?
Someone else?

Many thanks

I read it yesterday but cannot find the link I will keep searching. I forget which paper it was in.

View-from-Ireland

Back to top Go down

Post by View-from-Ireland 20.05.13 13:00

I am at work so my post was a little imprecise, should have said 'may be known to McCanns'. Read it yesterday in a report.

View-from-Ireland

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.13 13:06

View-from-Ireland wrote:I am at work so my post was a little imprecise, should have said 'may be known to McCanns'. Read it yesterday in a report.
Thank you - that sounds much more like it, but I should still, please, like to see the reference as I can't find anywhere where it says the Moyes or either of the mystery couples were 'known to the McCanns'.

All I can find is that the Moyes couple said they were roused by 'friends of the McCanns' at about 1pm Friday 4 May to help look for Madeleine.

Could that have been what you were referring to?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.13 13:30

Pershing36 wrote:
sami wrote:

Now Scotland Yard, my question is, if that is not neglect, what is ? On this basis why are the parents not being questioned about this neglect right now?

It is not neglect, sounds like complete and utter bull to me. If this is to be believed they may as well tear up all the other statements as it goes against everything else apparently seen that night.

What did they do, jemmy the shutters and quickly repair them afterwards?

1. Crept in through the shutters;
  2. Soothed the weeping (KH?) or crying (Maddie, Sean a/o Amelie?) persons in the appartment 5a, as witnessed by Anonymous
  3. Jemmied the shutters,
  4. Crept out of the shutters;
  5. Vanished into thin air for six years
Good job, that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by View-from-Ireland 20.05.13 13:37

MJC wrote:
View-from-Ireland wrote:I am at work so my post was a little imprecise, should have said 'may be known to McCanns'. Read it yesterday in a report.
Thank you - that sounds much more like it, but I should still, please, like to see the reference as I can't find anywhere where it says the Moyes or either of the mystery couples were 'known to the McCanns'.

All I can find is that the Moyes couple said they were roused by 'friends of the McCanns' at about 1pm Friday 4 May to help look for Madeleine.

No it wasn't that. I read something along the lines 'mystery couple may have been known to the McCanns' but I cannot find the link. Sorry about that.

View-from-Ireland

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 20.05.13 13:41

View-from-Ireland wrote:
MJC wrote:

No it wasn't that. I read something along the lines 'mystery couple may have been known to the McCanns' but I cannot find the link. Sorry about that.

I remember that VFI, l think it was a blog post...
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.13 13:48

is this what you are looking for?

http://www.examiner.com/article/do-maddie-mccann-s-parents-know-so-called-mystery-couple?cid=rss
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 20.05.13 14:11

chubbarie wrote:is this what you are looking for?

http://www.examiner.com/article/do-maddie-mccann-s-parents-know-so-called-mystery-couple?cid=rss

Yes thanks chubbarie, that's the one l was thinking of
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 23 Empty very good points,Portia,

Post by worriedmum 20.05.13 14:15

quote''

1. Crept in through the shutters;
  2. Soothed the weeping (KH?) or crying (Maddie, Sean a/o Amelie?) persons in the appartment 5a, as witnessed by Anonymous
  3. Jemmied the shutters,
  4. Crept out of the shutters;
  5. Vanished into thin air for six years '' unquote

BUT you forgot to add-
'tainted the apartment with cadaver odour' ...

19 May  Mail on Sunday: 'MADDIE: UK CLEANERS ARE SUSPECTS' + WHO SOOTHED A WEEPING MADDIE the Express  - Page 23 Empty
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.13 14:26

chubbarie wrote:is this what you are looking for?

Thank you, I suspect this is what view-from-ireland was talking about, as it isn't mentioned in any of the clutch of Madeleine news articles over the weekend.

It is Chelsea Hoffman, on examiner.com, asking a perfectly reasonabe question.

I think the title of this thread is all wrong, it is like 'When did you stop beating your wife?'

Mods, can you change the title of this thread to: 'Did anyone actually soothe a weeping Maddie?'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 20.05.13 14:27

Just been reading the Daily Star.

The team of Brit cleaners went from apartment to apartment offering their services with a focus on ex-pats.

A source said there was “quite a culture of people drifting from door to door” offering to tidy gardens and scrub windows or roofs.

There is quite a culture of that here in England, we call them travellers or gypsies.

I wonder if that is were we are heading?

When in doubt, refer to the old myth of gypsies stealing children.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 20.05.13 14:38

sami wrote:
MJC wrote:This is one the reasons why I place no reliance on the Express and Star reports - the vague language - examples from the Express article below:

trying to find

middle-aged

said to have

It is believed they

A source said

Apparently

a lot of people of interest

people who could be properly explored further

understands that

I can see what you are saying. What is its purpose in being printed and who is behind it ?

This is very damaging to the McCanns and for me blows the responsible parenting claim right out of water. No grey area any longer. Their children were alone, in an un-locked apartment, for sufficient time to become hysterical, long enough for two people to stand outside, listen, decide the crying will not stop and there is nobody there, enter the apartment, soothe, and leave. Still no parent arrived.

Now Scotland Yard, my question is, if that is not neglect, what is ? On this basis why are the parents not being questioned about this neglect right now?

It is interesting though that somewhere one of SY mumbling heads stated that the McCanns have behaved "heroic". It's somewhere in the begin of this thread, but the search cannot find it.

If an official LE person is so blindsided that he calls this very deliberated neglect of 3 children by a pair of pathetic parents "heroic" you can imagine what the rest of the £4.6 M investigation is worth.

Having said that, and being very skeptical of this soothing couple story: could it have been another couple from the Tapas bar? Could it be OC personal. I know, but of course that too has disappeared, that in the beginning Batista had a talk with them about the crying, warning that neglect in Portugal is punishable with jail time. I always thought that that was the reason the Tapas closed ranks: after all they were all guilty.
Could Batista have asked another OC employee to go with her and check on the crying?

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 20.05.13 14:56

Pershing36 wrote:Just been reading the Daily Star.
The team of Brit cleaners went from apartment to apartment offering their services with a focus on ex-pats. A source said there was “quite a culture of people drifting from door to door” offering to tidy gardens and scrub windows or roofs.
There is quite a culture of that here in England, we call them travellers or gypsies. I wonder if that is were we are heading? When in doubt, refer to the old myth of gypsies stealing children.
I think you could be right. Perhaps the Yard are trying to keep it simple and will ignore all the conflicting statements and muddled timelines. A nice tidy solution being set up with a new cast of characters. No further questioning of the Tapas et al required - dismissed because irrelevant? However, I have a feeling that that even this 'new' theory will, in time, unravel.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 20.05.13 15:02

Cheshire Cat wrote:
The team of Brit cleaners went from apartment to apartment offering their services with a focus on ex-pats. A source said there was “quite a culture of people drifting from door to door” offering to tidy gardens and scrub windows or roofs.
There is quite a culture of that here in England, we call them travellers or gypsies. I wonder if that is were we are heading? When in doubt, refer to the old myth of gypsies stealing children.
I think you could be right. Perhaps the Yard are trying to keep it simple and will ignore all the conflicting statements and muddled timelines. A nice tidy solution being set up with a new cast of characters. No further questioning of the Tapas et all required - dismissed because irrelevant? However, I have a feeling that that even this 'new' theory will, in time, unravel.
If that's their plan, how do they intend to get away with it given that the Express amongst others are keeping a close eye on proceedings? I think the culture of blatant police whitewash is on the wane.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 20.05.13 15:06

Cheshire Cat wrote:
I think you could be right. Perhaps the Yard are trying to keep it simple and will ignore all the conflicting statements and muddled timelines. A nice tidy solution being set up with a new cast of characters. No further questioning of the Tapas et all required - dismissed because irrelevant? However, I have a feeling that that even this 'new' theory will, in time, unravel.
Agreed, right now you wouldn't want to bet on it going in any direction. Just looking at whats been said. In the UK if you said I am looking for a bunch of people travelling around in a white Ford transit offering to do odd jobs like clearing roofs, gardening and cleaning you would automatically think gypsies. That seem to fit perfectly into this description and they have the added bonus of the reputation of taking children and vanishing into thin air without a trace. Surprised the press hasn't come up with this one yet.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 20.05.13 15:09

Cheshire Cat wrote:
I think you could be right. Perhaps the Yard are trying to keep it simple and will ignore all the conflicting statements and muddled timelines. A nice tidy solution being set up with a new cast of characters. No further questioning of the Tapas et al required - dismissed because irrelevant? However, I have a feeling that that even this 'new' theory will, in time, unravel.
Wherever SY try to steer the result - there is always going to be the question of `why did Eddie indicate cadaver odour and Keela indicate blood?`.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by View-from-Ireland 20.05.13 15:14

Has anybody watched the full hour and thirty-seven minute video of the two dogs at work? Until last night I had only seen the short 4-5 minute clips (and Amaral's documentary). The original hour and a half video is well worth a watch if you have time.

View-from-Ireland

Back to top Go down

Post by View-from-Ireland 20.05.13 15:15

Double post.

View-from-Ireland

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top