The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 4 Mm11

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 4 Mm11

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 4 Regist10

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 4 Empty Re: Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree

Post by Spaniel 13.02.13 10:56

Bob Southgate wrote:
tigger wrote:
jd wrote:
Bob Southgate wrote:I just signed the Hacked Off petition using the name of Seymour Butts and a fake e-mail. It was accepted with no verification whatsoever, which is laughable. At least with the You Gov petitions you have to provide a valid name,address and e-mail address which you then have to validate.

This says it all!!!!

I hope more people will do this, it will completely invalidate the whole demand 'petition'.

It is laughably easy to do, and I wonder how many have done it? I have three signatures on there with three fake names and e-mail addresses already.
Something about doing that is wrong, however you can get paid to complete polls if you have time on your hands.
http://yougov.co.uk/panel/join-yougov-panel/?sourceid=105442&gclid=CNamkZeLs7UCFabLtAodEFoAuA
Questions asked and complete results of the Press Control Poll.
http://mediastandardstrust.org/media-standards-trust-yougov-poll-february-2013/

Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 4 Empty Re: Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree

Post by Bob Southgate 13.02.13 11:01

Spaniel wrote:
Bob Southgate wrote:
tigger wrote:
jd wrote:
Bob Southgate wrote:I just signed the Hacked Off petition using the name of Seymour Butts and a fake e-mail. It was accepted with no verification whatsoever, which is laughable. At least with the You Gov petitions you have to provide a valid name,address and e-mail address which you then have to validate.

This says it all!!!!

I hope more people will do this, it will completely invalidate the whole demand 'petition'.

It is laughably easy to do, and I wonder how many have done it? I have three signatures on there with three fake names and e-mail addresses already.
Something about doing that is wrong, however you can get paid to complete polls if you have time on your hands.
http://yougov.co.uk/panel/join-yougov-panel/?sourceid=105442&gclid=CNamkZeLs7UCFabLtAodEFoAuA
[url=http://mediastandardstrust.org/media-standards-trust-yougov-poll-february-2013/
http://mediastandardstrust.org/media-standards-trust-yougov-poll-february-2013/[/quote[/url]]
You think it is wrong to show how easy it is to manipulate a petition that has no safeguards in place whatsoever?

Bob Southgate
Bob Southgate

Activity : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 13.02.13 11:08

[quote="Bob Southgate"]
Spaniel wrote:
Bob Southgate wrote:
tigger wrote:
jd wrote:

This says it all!!!!

http://mediastandardstrust.org/media-standards-trust-yougov-poll-february-2013/[/quote]
You think it is wrong to show how easy it is to manipulate a petition that has no safeguards in place whatsoever?
Hope it doesn't backfire on and every one of your votes is counted.

Spaniel
Spaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 13.02.13 11:12

[quote="Spaniel"]
Bob Southgate wrote:
Spaniel wrote:
Bob Southgate wrote:
tigger wrote:
jd wrote:

This says it all!!!!

http://mediastandardstrust.org/media-standards-trust-yougov-poll-february-2013/[/quote]
do you really think the gov will take any notice of the hackoff brigade petition.if they did it would be a first.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 13.02.13 11:33

[quote="tiny"]
Spaniel wrote:
Bob Southgate wrote:
Spaniel wrote:
Bob Southgate wrote:
tigger wrote:
jd wrote:

This says it all!!!!

do you really think the gov will take any notice of the hackoff brigade petition.if they did it would be a first.
Bob's away filling yougov poll to earn £50.Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 4 110921

Spaniel
Spaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 13.02.13 12:38

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 4 110921
tiny
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.02.13 13:42

Gerry McCann writing a piece for Sky news now!!!

'Leveson Without The Law Is No Change'

By Dr Gerry McCann

http://news.sky.com/story/1051615/leveson-without-the-law-is-no-change
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by auntiefi 13.02.13 13:53

you couldn't make it up, they have balls I'll give them that, they ABUSE the press to their advantage every day, yet as soon they write factually correct articles they sue them, although it is slightly less sickening that Kate and her missing children role, oops I carelessly mislaid my 3 year old, I'll go for a jog and get my hair done and it will all be ok and I'll become the face of Missing Kids and detract attention away from legitimate unfortunately parents who's children have gone missing by means other than neglect, or worse! what aaagh
auntiefi

Activity : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by auntiefi 13.02.13 13:55

this quote sticks out... pot kettle black

"Now he needs to put those findings, Leveson’s recommendations, into law through parliament, without meddling and back-door deals. And without checking whether the press is happy about it."
auntiefi

Activity : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 13.02.13 16:14

auntiefi wrote:this quote sticks out... pot kettle black

"Now he needs to put those findings, Leveson’s recommendations, into law through parliament, without meddling and back-door deals. And without checking whether the press is happy about it."

I hope David Cameron will be man enough to stand up to Gerry McCann. Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 4 0197 Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 4 234726
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by jay2001 13.02.13 16:55

Greed and arrogance could be his downfall IMO. How many days does he work for the NHS or does his private work and the fund pay the bills?

The supporters comments on the previous page say that the press was responsible for turning people against the mcs. Sorry Pam and Iris but the press didn't turn me against the mcs it was their inconsistent stories, their attitude and body language. Plus the inane blogs and the bizarre happenings such as the wallet theft, the medical attention on the plane and the drunk in the road along with countless other red flags.

This man could really hack off Camoron and the press in a big way.
jay2001

Activity : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 13.02.13 16:59

But Dr McCann, who is active in the Hacked Off campaign, was critical of the charter
proposal saying: "The Conservative party can't rewrite Leveson now."

The Conservative party should just pay the £2millon review money to me and Kate!

Up yours Cameron!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 13.02.13 17:04

I just hope he gets his wings clipped by cameron
tiny
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange 13.02.13 18:06

Why, exactly, is G McCann involved with the Hacked Off campaign if McCanns were not, allegedly, victims of the hackings?

Cameron's government were shamed and embarrassed by NI via Brooks and TM. If that oh so ironic ^^ statement is in any way attributable to GM, Cameron, or whomever is yanking his chain, needs to be (at least seen to be) addressing it pretty damn sharply.

As the story of Maddie's strange disappearance was worldwide news, it stands to reason the McCanns would be prime targets of hackers. It also stands to reason therefor, someone somewhere, has them on tape (showing my age) and silence is a win/win situation for both parties there. Ah, that would be the reason for GM's involvement with the HO campaign then.

Ange

Activity : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 13.02.13 19:32

If Gerry keeps on like this, it won't be a surprise if Op Grange gets closed down pretty soon. His endless demands won't be tolerated for much longer, in all likelihood. I imagine Cameron and others are starting to get mightily Hacked-Off with Gezza. I'm staggered that this man continues to be given air-time.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.02.13 20:26

Just seen the link on twitter again to the yahoo story, which I hadn't read yesterday, and goodness me the comments on there, people still writing their views, mostly negative, or at least the ones at the start I looked at.............

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/madeleine-mccanns-father-calls-press-law-204711327.html#8UTDP7C
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 13.02.13 20:37

Could someone please copy and paste the yahoo comments, for some reason, I can't see them using my ipad.
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.02.13 20:45

There are too many IF, around 150, the Daily Mail is allowing comments too...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2277943/Madeleine-McCann-DNA-tests-prove-New-Zealand-girl-NOT-missing-Maddie.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr What 13.02.13 20:51

What an opportunist.
Seems to me that he is trying to carve out a political career for himself.Portraying himself as carrying the sword of righteous truth and honesty.He had the support of Labour heirarchy 6 years ago, maybe he thinks he can repay them the favour.
This is from someone who has not been eliminated from being a suspect in a major crime.
Dr What

Activity : 286

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 13.02.13 21:07

Dr What wrote:What an opportunist.
Seems to me that he is trying to carve out a political career for himself.Portraying himself as carrying the sword of righteous truth and honesty.He had the support of Labour heirarchy 6 years ago, maybe he thinks he can repay them the favour.
This is from someone who has not been eliminated from being a suspect in a major crime.

No chance on this earth whatsoever anytime
rotfl

As for carrying the sword of truth and honesty

Double
rotfl

The man is a proven
liar

ETA Thanks Candy, I will try get a PC to look at them, I ve seen the DM ones OK
big grin
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 13.02.13 21:15

candyfloss wrote:Just seen the link on twitter again to the yahoo story, which I hadn't read yesterday, and goodness me the comments on there, people still writing their views, mostly negative, or at least the ones at the start I looked at.............

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/madeleine-mccanns-father-calls-press-law-204711327.html#8UTDP7C

The Tide has turned. Often times it seemed that this moment would never come. The comments on the above are Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 4 259100 Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 4 259100
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by saltnpepper 13.02.13 21:31

Smokeandmirrors wrote:If Gerry keeps on like this, it won't be a surprise if Op Grange gets closed down pretty soon. His endless demands won't be tolerated for much longer, in all likelihood. I imagine Cameron and others are starting to get mightily Hacked-Off with Gezza. I'm staggered that this man continues to be given air-time.

Mmmm...is this the plan?

“Kate and Gerry are relying on the Prime Minister to keep the Scotland Yard review, which he ordered, ongoing.

The last thing Kate wants is to annoy or upset the PM and does not want there to be any backlash

A source close to the McCanns

“The last thing Kate wants is to annoy or upset the PM and does
not want there to be any backlash.” Kate now wants reassurance from the
Government that the 18-month case review will continue.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/361929/Has-Gerry-McCann-harmed-search-for-Madeleine
saltnpepper
saltnpepper

Activity : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 13.02.13 21:34

Hubris (pron.: /ˈhjuːbrɪs/), also hybris, from ancient Greek ὕβρις, means extreme pride or arrogance. Hubris often indicates a loss of contact with reality and an overestimation of one's own competence or capabilities, especially when the person exhibiting it is in a position of power.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.02.13 21:43

Dr What wrote:What an opportunist.

Sword of truth? I hope nobody has been foolish enough to say anything like that. It was Jonathan Aitken who decided to take on the press saying: ""If it falls to me to start a fight to cut out the cancer of bent and twisted journalism in our country with the simple sword of truth and the trusty shield of British fair play, so be it. I am ready for the fight. The fight against falsehood and those who peddle it. My fight begins today. Thank you and good afternoon."

Then he ended up doing time for perjury and perverting the course of justice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 13.02.13 21:50

Popcorn - you couldn't make it up could you. Same with Archer. When will it ever end. Politicians have no backbone and wouldn't know the meaning of the word truth if it bit them on the backside.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top