The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 7 Mm11

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 7 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 7 Mm11

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 7 Regist10

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 7 Empty Re: Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree

Post by Inspectorfrost 15.02.13 0:27

Inspectorfrost wrote:For those here with BBC1, Question Time tonight at 10.30 has guests Maria Miller, conservative Culture Secretary, so bets are on the Leveson issue will be discussed as it's been on the news all week. George Galloway is also on, that will be interesting too.

For the record there was nothing apart from Galloway slagging off the govt for the horse meat scandal
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 7 Empty Re: Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree

Post by plebgate 15.02.13 2:02

Glad I missed tonight's episode then. I wonder whether Mr. will ever be asked to join the panel especially following news that he might stand for election as an MP. It just would not surprise me to see it happen. oh er.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 15.02.13 5:21

This one:
Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 7 KateMcCann-Gerry-McCann-008
worriedmum wrote:what picture, lj?

My daughter saw it to night here on the computer and said immediately "the portrait of Dorian Gray",

Indeed it is.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 15.02.13 6:45

lj wrote:This one:
Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 7 KateMcCann-Gerry-McCann-008
worriedmum wrote:what picture, lj?

My daughter saw it to night here on the computer and said immediately "the portrait of Dorian Gray",

Indeed it is.

If you put a photograph of 2007 next to this one, you'll see a great difference:
In one a youthful, positively shining couple who have just had their 4 yr old child abducted by paedophiles
In the next one a badly ageing couple, both desperate and furious who have lost money and court cases.

Those pictures in the attic haven't been working for years.

I'm so happy you're back! exalt

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 15.02.13 7:56

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 7 Smilin10

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 7 B_day110

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16605

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 15.02.13 9:14

PeterMac wrote:Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 7 Smilin10

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 7 B_day110

Songs that came to mind when looking at these photos.

Middle: Would you like a ride in my beautiful balloon? ♪ ♫

Top: Everything's comin' up roses and buttercups ♫ ♫ tra la

Bottom: What are you doing the rest of your life? Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 7 2346296870
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 7 Empty Sunday newspaper...The Observer. re : press regulation

Post by russiandoll 24.02.13 22:02

My regular weekend reading, sister to the Guardian which I stopped reading a couple of years ago; I find the Independent a better daily newspaper.
Have bolded what I found interesting.

Regulation requires consensus, not a flimsy solution attached to a libel bill

The
diffficulty comes with treating Leveson as though it were Old Testament
doctrine in some holy war. There isn't, in truth a huge difference
between a royal charter approach and statutory underpinning. No one
doubts that something pretty draconian will emerge. But fundamentalism
of the Hacked Off variety can hinder as well as help.

Lord Putnam
and friends haven't assisted one jot by tacking their flimsy version of
Leveson's arbitration tribunals onto a passing defamation bill. Real
experts think it an abomination likely to be overturned in Strasbourg
anyway. Experienced crime correspondents - such as the Guardian's
Duncan Campbell - think a deep freeze on contacts between press and
police is sure to be used to hide police misconduct.
If everything is
couched in terms of Murdoch-hating in particular, or tabloid hating in
general, where do hundreds of blameleass regional papers fit in? No
wonder they're anxious about shoals of fee-hungry lawyers heading their
way.

We'll know a bit more tomorrow, as the defamation bill
survives - or tragically sinks. But meanwhile there's every reason to
grow reflective.
Would heightened regulation have stopped phone hacking?
Probably, to a degree: though remember the law didn't do the job.
Would it have eased the plight of victims in The Christopher Jefferies
or McCann category? Certainly not in the beginning, after Jeffries was
arrested in the Joanna Yates case or the Mccanns declared suspects in
Madeleine's disappearance.

Both of these calls were wrong.
Jefferies was entirely innocent: a dud arrest. And the McCann's status
was dropped after nine months.
But how is a standards board sitting in
London supposed to rule quickly about such cases? The police don't
always make wrong arrests: grieving parents aren't always what they
seem
. Remember Shannon Matthews and her mother's tearful TV pleas? How
quickly would a regulator have wanted to step in there - and look
ridiculous when what really happened to Shannon stood revealed? Press
regulation needs agreeing and embracing by all sides, not enforcing so
crudely that it's as resented and therefore as frail as its first
debacle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
very interesting that there is the mention of the Matthews case and McCanns in the same paragraph.
grieving parents aren't always what they seem
Jefferies was entirely innocent
McCann's status was dropped after nine months.

Cleverly written , at face value the McCanns are categorised as victims along with Jefferies, but the writing in the next paragraph is far more subtle, with a hint of that innuendo Gerry objects to so much.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 24.02.13 22:08

gerry should change his diet eating too many raw lemons, as for kate dont think theres a cure for that

>>>>>>>
big grin

Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 24.02.13 22:45

Snipped from RussianDolls post:

" very interesting that there is the mention of the Matthews case and McCanns in the same paragraph.
grieving parents aren't always what they seem
Jefferies was entirely innocent
McCann's status was dropped after nine months.

Cleverly written , at face value the McCanns are categorised as victims
along with Jefferies, but the writing in the next paragraph is far more
subtle, with a hint of that innuendo Gerry objects to so much."

Yes you are right RD. Very subtle and I think we may see more of it from the press. The press do not like politicians, slebs and TM trying to stop free speech and I have noticed a few very subtle hints about selebs and a particular politician. I like to read Guido Fawkes and some of the posters there are very good at pointing in the right direction when the press are being subtle. love it.

I don't think they will be very subtle tomorrow morning though re. latest lib. dem. allegations against their Lordship. Clegg has now admitted he was aware of "rumours" and "concerns" about this man but not direct allegations of course. Will be very interesting to watch this week. Clegg imo has absolutely no back bone at all and should go.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top