The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 Mm11

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 Mm11

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 Regist10

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 Empty Re: Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree

Post by saltnpepper 14.02.13 17:14

Lostfridge wrote:That's the flattest head I have ever seen.

Possible thats why he is the front for hacked off...his bonce?

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 BCLLZ38CUAEoLUS
saltnpepper
saltnpepper

Activity : 154

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 Empty Re: Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree

Post by Mirage 14.02.13 17:17

Lance De Boils wrote:I'm totally with Mirage on this. An excellent post, if ever there was one.

Lance De Boils and ShuBob. Thank you both for your kind comments.Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 90835
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 14.02.13 17:17

Even if, for the sake of argument, no question mark hung over Gerry's head and he has been completely exonerated in the case of Maddie's disappearance, he still has a cheek lecturing the government (or anyone for that matter) on anything in that tone given what he and his wife admitted to in relation to their childcare arrangements on that fateful holiday. Where does he get that brass neck from Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 172348
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.02.13 17:43

Mirage, thank you for such excellent comment. Nothing to add to it.

And to "all" - I cannot remember whether it was here, or on another forum - but I had a big laugh by someone saying [non verbatim] : "My dad always said, don't trust any guy, whose head is flat enough to put a pint on it."
Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 110921
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 14.02.13 18:00

Châtelaine wrote:Mirage, thank you for such excellent comment. Nothing to add to it.

And to "all" - I cannot remember whether it was here, or on another forum - but I had a big laugh by someone saying [non verbatim] : "My dad always said, don't trust any guy, whose head is flat enough to put a pint on it."
Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 110921

Châtelaine, thank you. I'm blushing again! Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 90835
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 14.02.13 18:11

Mirage wrote:
Leafylane wrote:I'm shocked at the level of opposition against the implementation of the Leveson Report on this forum.

Have you forgotten Chris Jefferies, in the Joanna Yeates case? The Press accused him of being a sexual pervert and of having a paedaphile as a friend amongst other vile and completely untrue accusations. CJ describes that time as 'The worst time of my life'.

I dread to think what that innocent man's life would be like now if the real culprit had not been caught. They would have continued to crucify him for profit, and so influence the public's opinion of him. His life would be in ruins.

It is this sort of press reporting that the Leveson Report is against and which recommends action designed to remedy it.

I can't see anything wrong in that at all.

An appalling situation, for sure, re Chris Jefferies. But sufficient laws are already in place. They just need rigorous implementation.

I believe Chris Jefferies has received a substantial payout and he has been fully and vociferously vindicated. Never enough, I know. But all that is humanly possible to right a dreadful wrong has been done and his innocence is fully recognised up and down the land.

Let me ask if, from all that you have learned about the conduct of the political classes in recent times, you feel reassured that a state-controlled press would be a sensible move? Don't forget the celebrities and others with money and something to hide who will use the situation to promote a false image of themselves.

We have already seen how super injunctions have been used by the rich and powerful in society to hide behind. From Andrew Marr to Ryan Giggs. And don't forget the Ryan Giggs' girlfriend who was hung out to dry and vilified while he fought tooth and nail to remain anonymous.

Investigative journalism will die a death - so forget about corruption in high places being exposed. Is that what you really think is in the best interests of society? - that we never find out about covert nepotism, about fraud, about responsibility for deaths in the NHS, about cash for questions and all the rest of it. All because the likes of Carter Ruck might be threatening hard-pressed editors of national newspapers every five minutes with legal action.

What you are looking at is not a perfect world, granted. But do you really think the solution lies in handing more power over to those who have a track record of abusing the power they already have? Think of MPs redacted expenses claims before you answer.

I believe the Royal Charter plan being proposed by ministers, whereby the IPCC would be overseen by a recognition panel, may be the sensible option in a modern democracy.

Again Mirage, spot on :)
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 14.02.13 18:16

saltnpepper wrote:

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 BCLLZ38CUAEoLUS

I prefer the one on our right Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 110921 Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 3139096799 Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 609562 Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 3920004554 Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 742129 Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 181154 Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 921124
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashwarya 14.02.13 18:23

Hey, Saltnpepper, that's one for Private Eye Lookalike when they're at last allowed to tell us what they know. Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 110921
Ashwarya
Ashwarya

Activity : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 14.02.13 18:25

Has anyone noticed the recent habit of newspapers to print far less flattering photos than they used to? I swear I haven't seen a photogenic picture of the pair for a long time, and IMO this is a sneaky way the press are letting us know what they really think.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by saltnpepper 14.02.13 18:37

Smokeandmirrors wrote:Has anyone noticed the recent habit of newspapers to print far less flattering photos than they used to? I swear I haven't seen a photogenic picture of the pair for a long time, and IMO this is a sneaky way the press are letting us know what they really think.

Thought this,also not a hint of the A word & the comments online have opened the floodgates,Gerry's on a kamikaze mission...or so it seems
saltnpepper
saltnpepper

Activity : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 14.02.13 18:39

bobbin wrote:
saltnpepper wrote:

I prefer the one on our right Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 110921 Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 3139096799 Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 609562 Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 3920004554 Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 742129 Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 181154 Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 921124

Wait a minute, is that one on the left a photo-fit of the alleged abductor... nah, perhaps I need to go to specsavers... but I could have sworn....nah..hm
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.02.13 18:42

Smokeandmirrors wrote:Has anyone noticed the recent habit of newspapers to print far less flattering photos than they used to? I swear I haven't seen a photogenic picture of the pair for a long time, and IMO this is a sneaky way the press are letting us know what they really think.

I agree Smokeandmirrors, a long cry from the pictures in the earlier days.

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 Katemc10

And a stunning piece in the Examiner yesterday

http://www.examiner.com/article/yes-madeleine-mccann-is-still-missing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by brilynn 14.02.13 19:24

My goodness,that piece in" The Examiner"is the most full on ,"lets tell it as it is now,were sick of sightings etc etc" I,m shocked actually,its been a long time coming !
brilynn

Activity : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.02.13 19:34

Finn wrote:

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 Katemc10

Even though a photo is just a second of a snap to capture an image. The combination of the two of them does tell a story.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.02.13 19:36

I'm shocked too brilynn, just read it, my word it pulls no punches.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 14.02.13 21:51

For those here with BBC1, Question Time tonight at 10.30 has guests Maria Miller, conservative Culture Secretary, so bets are on the Leveson issue will be discussed as it's been on the news all week. George Galloway is also on, that will be interesting too.

Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither 14.02.13 22:17

Châtelaine wrote:
Finn wrote:

Even though a photo is just a second of a snap to capture an image. The combination of the two of them does tell a story.

xxxxxxx

That's one angry man.
nobodythereeither

Activity : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 14.02.13 22:37

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 Mccann10

What a difference a lie makes !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16605

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 14.02.13 22:50

From The Examiner

"When the parents returned the child had gone, according to them."

"But alas, they are free in the UK and marching on to "spread awareness" of Madeleine's disappearance, making money along the way".

Ooo Errr ... don`t think they`ll be pleased with that.

Chelsea Hoffman being realistic by the looks of it.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.02.13 22:59

PeterMac wrote:1998
Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 6 Mccann10

What a difference a lie makes
five, six little years
Brought no sun and no flowers
Where now will always be rain

Our yesterday was blue, dear
Today I'm no part of you, dear
My lonely nights are there, dear
Since I said you weren’t mine

What a difference a lie makes
There's no rainbow before me
Skies above aren’t but stormy
Since that moment of lie, that thrilling lie

It's heaven when you find truth on your
menu
What a difference a lie made
And the difference is you
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.02.13 23:01

My apologies ... I saw no way of editing the spacing of my comment ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly 14.02.13 23:09

PeterMac wrote:1998

I would say What a difference over a decade and half make ! who wouldn't look aged over that period of time?, had the before photo been 2006 you could compare ........

dragonfly
dragonfly

Activity : 367

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither 14.02.13 23:14

It's not a difference in appearance due to ageing, it's about their whole mode of being.
nobodythereeither

Activity : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.02.13 23:26

I read a post here some time ago, can't remember who it was or the topic but it was along the lines of the couple outstaying their welcome and becoming an embarrassment to themselves and their acquaintances. It's been on my mind since because it's sort of two sided. So long as they stay in the public eye people will become increasingly angry as seems to be the case now. They've outstayed their welcome on Leveson, nobody really cares about Gerry's recommendations, along the lines of where they were with their private jets and tours in May/June 2007. People may not know the facts but have instincts, it looks and feels wrong.

And just when you think everything's been said and done along comes another clip in the papers, an interview or some sighting or another. I think even the journalists are sick of it. But if they disappear into the background how many people will be here, their antics do contribute to discussion.

Just how far do they need to go to learn the lesson that you can't have your cake and eat it or that you don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I wonder if in years to come they'll make an interesting case study for media students.

Either way, it's a very good time for Tony. And that's worth anything.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 14.02.13 23:37

Got a feeling the journos are just giving them enough rope to hang themselves. Its not as if they`ve endeared themselves to the public in the slightest - they`re so abrasive. Journos must use twitter and have read links and they must also see the pond-life supporters (with some exceptions who are probably just naive and don`t think for themselves).
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top