The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 2 Mm11

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 2 Mm11

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 2 Regist10

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree

Post by tiny 10.02.13 14:41

tigger wrote:
kitchen wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/376695/Law-should-back-press-regulation

Also taking comments at the moment..

V. interesting ones too.
Kate looks very rough, worse than I've ever seen her. She is aging twice as fast as her husband.
Now wouldn't Gerry look good as BigBrother? Kitchener style poster: What would he be saying?

perhaps she realizes her time of freedom is nearly up.hopefully this is the last throw of the dice.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerry McCann calls for press control laws - 75% of the public agree

Post by Ribisl 10.02.13 14:51

@mirage
thumbup

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by danbob 10.02.13 15:02

They do control the press! The web is their real issue.No stone left unturned until they have full control.Wider agenda. Jmo.
danbob

Activity : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 10.02.13 15:11

danbob wrote:They do control the press! The web is their real issue.No stone left unturned until they have full control.Wider agenda. Jmo.
but why are the press letting them get away with it,can not the press print from the files after all ,they cant be taken to court for that,surely
tiny
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by danbob 10.02.13 15:20

tiny wrote:
danbob wrote:They do control the press! The web is their real issue.No stone left unturned until they have full control.Wider agenda. Jmo.
but why are the press letting them get away with it,can not the press print from the files after all ,they cant be taken to court for that,surely

I think the reason was the newspapers didn't want to end up in court.My thinking now with GA and TB not backing down this will change.I believe the press will turn.
danbob

Activity : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 10.02.13 15:56

danbob wrote:
tiny wrote:

I think the reason was the newspapers didn't want to end up in court.My thinking now with GA and TB not backing down this will change.I believe the press will turn.
i hope your right,the papers do seem to be letting good comment through now and that definately is a change
tiny
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.02.13 16:44

tigger wrote:
kitchen wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/376695/Law-should-back-press-regulation

V. interesting ones too.
Kate looks very rough, worse than I've ever seen her. She is aging twice as fast as her husband.
Now wouldn't Gerry look good as BigBrother? Kitchener style poster: What would he be saying?

Kate is actually older than Gerry.
See posts about Gerries manifold passports.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.02.13 16:45

tigger wrote:
V. interesting ones too.
Before they get whooshed. For the records. (All but one name redacted. It was too good to cut out)

The thing is, though, Pastybreath - there is actually evidence to support a theory which does not involve abduction.
Whereas there is no evidence of abduction. The police files (or some of them) are available online. You can google them.

When will the Express report this? http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/KATERINA-PAYNE-INCIDENT.htm

Express newspapers paid the Mcanns over £500,000 and published an unprecedented front page apology (see below).

‘The Daily Express said on its front page today that it was publishing an apology because it accepted that "a number of the articles in the newspaper have suggested that the couple caused the death of their daughter **** and then covered it up".
The paper acknowledged that there was "no evidence whatsoever to support this theory" and that the **** were "completely innocent". The Daily Star said that it was apologising "wholeheartedly".
Furthermore, newspapers then paid Robert **** £600,000 for false allegations against him.
The papers are at liberty to print what they want but if they are subsequently sued because they don’t have any evidence, tough.

It wasn't £23,000 they spent on taking an OAP to court last week who didn't agree with their version of events.
It was £230,000 !!!!
Good use of their money, eh. Hope they're happy.

Anybody who cares to scratch the surface of their story can see there is something amiss. They've already got the UK press eating out of their hands via their "spokesman", with Carter Ruck waiting to pounce as they did on the AOP.
What more do they want?

It's not £23,000 they have spent taking an OAP to court - it's £230,000!!!

The **** need to answer all police questions and do a reconstruction before anyone can take what they say seriously, never known a missing child case like it, so much obstruction, if innocent - why?

I understand the****** phones were never hacked in the first place so what's with this hanging on the coat tails of Hacked Off?

The ****'s already employ the ex Head of The Governments Media Monitoring Unit to vet what's said in the Press, what else do they want - TOTAL editorial control !

Don't the **** already employ someone to monitor what the press publishes? namely the ex Head of The Governments Media Monitoring Unit!

why is mr **** talking about media intrusion ,the press only print good things about them,doesnt matter if 90% of people have read the official pj files,the press will not print any thing in these files.

and WHY are the express giving this ex arguido(who hasnt been cleared in a court of law) a platform to put his tuppence worth in.

WhiffyCuddlecat (Brilliant name - PM)
The Mc Canns are a superb example of how much our press is already constrained. Anyone who scratches beneath the surface of their bizarre story will find that what is NOT printed in the papers is quite staggering. I will say no more for fear of deletion but would encourage everyone to seek out some facts. Then perhaps it will become clear just what Dr Gerry's motives are here.

I'm not sure the **** have the right to talk about press control and the freedom of speech in the same week that they spent £23000 taking an OAP to court all linked to the fact that he disagrees with their version of what happened to their daughter

im not sure the **** have any writento talk about press control and freedom of speech

Did they not spend £23000 this week in court to hush an OAP who disagrees with their version of how their daughter went missing from an unlocked holiday apartment

I'm German but it appears to me the British press is plenty gagged especially in view of the coverage of missing **** ****. How is it explicable that the British press didn't clarify and made public the matter that the **** recently asked for extrajudicial settlement regarding their complaint against Dr. Gonçalo Amaral, the former Portuguese Chief Inspector? Why is the British public so badly informed about suchlike things especially when things are not going well for the ****? '...Gerry **** calls for press control laws..' Oh yes, Dr. ****, you wish!
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16605

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 10.02.13 18:12

It's little wonder that the name "Mc Cann" appears to be a swear word to the Express. See David Pilditch's Leveson statement. An important point made by him was that, , after the release of the police files in July 2008, it became apparent that much of what he had written was in fact true. Until this information became available there was simply no way for the express group to prove the veracity of the stories. Hence the humungus payout and embarrassing front page apologies ("we insisted on it" said Dr Gerry to Robert Jay QC).

Ouch
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 10.02.13 21:32

What has this got to do with raising awareness of the search for Madeleine?. Nothing.

What is it to do with?

1) Diverting attention away from the 2 current legal battles they are fighting to ensure that free speech is stamped out and punished and

2) A couple of self-important people throwing their toys out of the pram because they momentarily lost control of what the press printed about them.

3) Attention seeking and loving the limelight.

NOTHING to do with "Please help us find out daughter",
just
"Poor, hard-done-by US. Me, me, me, me and us. You MUST listen to us. We are so immensely important. The laws of the land must be what we say they should be."
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 10.02.13 22:36

If we had press control laws thing like this would be kept out of the papers
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2276344/Adultery-website-Out-Town-Affairs-received-52-000-hits-seven-months-Parliament-computers.html#axzz2KXR0i3vy
Is it any wonder voters are HACKED OFF.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.02.13 8:45

It seems to me that what with UK libel laws and the existence of injuctions and super injuctions (which were rightly becoming a cause of great outrage just before "hackgate"), celebrities and those with access to money already have many means to keep stories they don't like from being published in the newspapers.
Who wouldn't sympathise with the poor Dowlers? But not everyone who wants the press brought under control is the same as the Dowlers. Instead of changing the law about what papers can and cannot publish, why can we not ensure the law as it stands is obeyed? Why not make sure that those involved in hackgate, who broke the law, actually do time, and not just a few lowly reporters but those at the top who knew what was going on? That's what really needs to happen. But I imagine, given the way that our legal system works, that those at the top, who have access to the best legal representation, will get off and a few little people at the bottom will get banged up pour encourager les autres.
More than the newspapers, I think we need to clean up our own legal system. I'm no fan of the USA, but I'm not aware of them having judges there who are allowed to censor truths in the way that we have super injunctions imposed so that Ryan Giggs can carry on deceiving his wife. If I'm wrong about that, I'd be genuinely interested to know, as I understand they take freedom of speech pretty seriously there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 11.02.13 9:30

Please sign Tony's petition on the Prime Minister's website which OPPOSES state regulation of the press. Here is the link: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/42582
Tony started his petition in opposition to one calling for full implementation of Leveson. That one has 5,600 signatures. Tony's has 1,313 so far and he aims to overtake the other one. The petition will run until December.
You need to give your name, address and e-mail when signing any petition on the PM's website, but none of these are published, as you can see when visiting the PM e-petitions website.
Please add your name and tell others about this petition.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11207

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 11.02.13 9:47

sharonl wrote:Please sign Tony's petition on the Prime Minister's website which OPPOSES state regulation of the press. Here is the link: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/42582
Tony started his petition in opposition to one calling for full implementation of Leveson. That one has 5,600 signatures. Tony's has 1,313 so far and he aims to overtake the other one. The petition will run until December.
You need to give your name, address and e-mail when signing any petition on the PM's website, but none of these are published, as you can see when visiting the PM e-petitions website.
Please add your name and tell others about this petition.

Good morning Sharonl. Do we have to be living in the UK to sign it?

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 11.02.13 9:55

Hi Nina, yes you can.
bristow
bristow

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 11.02.13 12:04

With the Pope resigning, the story of Gerry's speech may not get any news coverage.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 11.02.13 12:07

ShuBob wrote:With the Pope resigning, the story of Gerry's speech may not get any news coverage.

No problem - it's an old mate of his. Blessed him and all. I'm sure His Holiness wouldn't want to spoil such an important occasion. pray2

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.02.13 12:29

I took that as a joke about the Pope resigning as I hadn't heard the news. Goodness, that's a surprise, I thought it was a there-till-you-die job.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 11.02.13 12:37

Be careful what you wish for public. If you get it, no point in the future crying that you had no idea your MP had his hand in the till.

Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 11.02.13 13:31

quotes from the newspaper article : [ bold is mine]

Gerry McCann is to reveal on Monday that he and his wife, Kate, fear they have "relived our darkest days"

Kate and I had the misfortune to suffer from everything the press could throw at us," the doctor will tell his audience."The reason we subsequently agreed to the ordeal of giving evidence to the Leveson inquiry was that we don't want anyone else to have to go through what we went through.

None of the above refers to the disappearance of their child. Times which I would expect to have the unique place in their hearts of " our darkest days ". What one would perceive as unjust and cruel media coverage at the time in a case where your child had been abducted and you had come under suspicion of being involved somehow in the disappearance, would for sure constitute SOME of your darkest days and come a close second to the trauma of not knowing where your little girl was or if she were alive or dead.
But no, the couple's darkest days are those of their media " hounding."
As for not wanting others not to go through what they went through.........the trauma of the press misbehaving again, not the trauma of having your child vanish .

Mr McCann as a doctor, is familiar with the concept of informed consent. As a physician he will not request a patient signature for surgery, but he will as a cardiologist perform invasive procedures which he is required to explain in full to his patients.
Before I sign on the dotted line I will want to know everything. Before I accept your version of events Mr McCann I want to know the facts of the case of alleged abduction of your daughter, not the version with things changed and omitted which you expect me to accept.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 11.02.13 13:38

He's only doing it to prevent others from going through what he did. An altruistic Gerry McCann. Who'd have thought it?

Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 11.02.13 13:43

To Russian Doll,

Great post.

Gerry just doesn't get it does he?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13387

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 11.02.13 14:33

Spaniel wrote:He's only doing it to prevent others from going through what he did. An altruistic Gerry McCann. Who'd have thought it?
There is nothing about what Madeleine might have gone through !
As you observe, they just don't get it. And apparently their highly paid advisors don't either.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16605

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange 11.02.13 16:06

PeterMac wrote:
Spaniel wrote:He's only doing it to prevent others from going through what he did. An altruistic Gerry McCann. Who'd have thought it?

There is nothing about what Madeleine might have gone through !
As you observe, they just don't get it. And apparently their highly paid advisors don't either.

You're absolutely right, though it's never been about what Madeleine went through, has it. Curious as to who worded this latest release, it's both arrogant and naive. Not unusual in relation to TM, though their PR tends to lean to the former.
Ange

Activity : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 11.02.13 16:09

When their shit hits the fan, a state controlled press or not wont make an iota of difference.
Because when that happens the Press will have field days plastering them on the front pages back to back getting even good and proper.

Hell has for fury like a scorned press and the world is not going to be big enough for Gerry and Kate to hide because the whole universal will come down on them like proverbial tons of bricks.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top