The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 4 Mm11

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 4 Mm11

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 4 Regist10

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Page 4 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 4 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by Inspectorfrost 05.02.13 21:25

In her Affidavit, Ms Martorell had said on oath that 'Madeleine was abducted'. She conceded that she had been told that but didn't know whether or not that was true. Her information came from her clients.

Good one!!
If she didnt know if it were true or not then doesnt that null everything??? From the very beginning?

I too think the Judge is doing his job within set parameters, he has to, but he is no fool, he is a very intelligent and nice man by all accounts and a fair one and one who abhors censorship, my fingers are crossed

Have a good night Tony
roses

Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 4 Empty Re: ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment

Post by bobbin 05.02.13 21:26

It does look like Mr. Justice Tugendhat is being correct to the letter of the law.
He is to be respected for that and therefore when he talks as if there is a possibility of further opportunities for you to present certain facts and persons, I believe that that is a ray of light that he will honour.

Tony, Thank you for today and get a good nights sleep now.
Be strong for tomorrow.
We are all still here and the matter will not be abandoned, nor will you, with all the support you have from us. ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 4 725573
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 05.02.13 21:28

plebgate wrote:
What was that solicitor woman thinking giving evidence under oath that Maddie was abducted and then having to admit that her clients had told her that and that she herself had no evidence that it had taken place. How much are they paying her? They should sue her next for making their side look like plonkers imo. ha ha.

In my opinion she didn't seem very clued up about the case.
bristow
bristow

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by mydadsanastronaut 05.02.13 21:31

bristow wrote:
plebgate wrote:
What was that solicitor woman thinking giving evidence under oath that Maddie was abducted and then having to admit that her clients had told her that and that she herself had no evidence that it had taken place. How much are they paying her? They should sue her next for making their side look like plonkers imo. ha ha.
There was quite a bit of that from her.
In my opinion she didn't seem very clued up about the case.

Surprising, since some people from her place of work appear to have spent an inordinate amount of time studying the material here.
mydadsanastronaut

Activity : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 05.02.13 21:32

Thank you for that info. Bristow. Glad to hear it. They have probably never had to be questionned like that under oath before and from such a man like TB. Doesn't sound as if they will be uncorking the Champagne bottles tonight.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 05.02.13 21:33

Can the Judge defer this case to a further case as he seems to be speaking about, why is he saying it may be relevant later on. Is he wanting to widen the scope.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 05.02.13 21:34

Nina wrote:Can the Judge defer this case to a further case as he seems to be speaking about, why is he saying it may be relevant later on. Is he wanting to widen the scope.

Sounds to me that this is what he is wanting to do

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryB 05.02.13 21:41

It seems significant that the lawyer couldn't say under oath that Madeleine was abducted. Why not if she was?????
MaryB
MaryB

Activity : 246

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 05.02.13 21:42

MaryB wrote:It seems significant that the lawyer couldn't say under oath that Madeleine was abducted. Why not if she was?????

Because there is no evidence that she was abducted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 05.02.13 21:44

MaryB wrote:It seems significant that the lawyer couldn't say under oath that Madeleine was abducted. Why not if she was?????

No she said it under oath, because thats what her clients told her,not that she knew if it was true or not

Which again makes a mockery of the original request not to repeat allegations
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 05.02.13 21:44

On this forum, Mr Gunnill claimed to have received the book on 4 February 2010, but in his Affidavit he said it was on 1 February. He could not explain the discrepancy.

In her Affidavit, Ms Martorell had said on oath that 'Madeleine was abducted'. She conceded that she had been told that but didn't know whether or not that was true. Her information came from her clients.

carter ruck/mccanns will not be enjoying a good night tonight

Back to top Go down

Post by mydadsanastronaut 05.02.13 21:47

Nina wrote:

Because there is no evidence that she was abducted.

Which is precisely the conclusion that they are not happy for us to draw. But she was unable to provide a definite source for proof of abduction. Except of course, the usual one. Because the parents said so.
mydadsanastronaut

Activity : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.02.13 21:48

jd wrote:
On this forum, Mr Gunnill claimed to have received the book on 4 February 2010, but in his Affidavit he said it was on 1 February. He could not explain the discrepancy.

No Court in the world will look kindly upon any lawyer lying under oath.

Nor will the Disciplinary Board. Martorell is set to lose her license to practise: just hand in a complaint against her for obstructing Justice by lying on oath.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 05.02.13 21:48

Thanks for the update Tony ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 4 847771

By God's grace, you will be victorious ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 4 725573
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 05.02.13 21:56

Portia wrote:
jd wrote:

Nor will the Disciplinary Board. Martorell is set to lose her license to practise: just hand in a complaint against her for obstructing Justice by lying on oath.
Good evening Portia. But maybe she believed what she swore under oath was the truth. She accepted the McCann's word as being the truth.

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 05.02.13 21:59

Smokeandmirrors wrote:Thanks for the update.

On the upside, now the judge knows that someone has analysed the accounts, that many many people doubt the official story, that Gunnil is a con artist, and several other things. Whilst it might not be relevant to todays proceedings, it is closer to getting a public airing, and that is a good thing. These things have been mentioned inside a courtroom.

And Isabel Martorell admitted an affidavit that she could say was true or not, just what she had been told? That sounds totally unprofessional.

Glad you have made it through today, and all the best for tomorrow.
goodpost

I Just to add, it seems from Tony's account that even if the Judge finds against him tomorrow he is opening the doors to a future hearing and libel trial when the McCanns and their team of lawyers will not be able to prevent this being aired in court. And that, they definitely do not want.
monkey mind
monkey mind

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Post by Tombraider 05.02.13 22:00

ShuBob wrote:Thanks for the update Tony ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 4 847771

By God's grace, you will be victorious ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 4 725573

Ditto ....... you've done yourself proud so far Tony friends
Tombraider

Activity : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.02.13 22:06

Nina wrote:
Portia wrote:
jd wrote:

Good evening Portia. But maybe she believed what she swore under oath was the truth. She accepted the McCann's word as being the truth.

No sane lawyer believes what his clients tell him.

Rule nr. One on your first day in office: Your client is your worst enemy.
Rule nr. Two: see rule nr. One.

Also: your client is a crook.
Why? Because if he weren't, he wouldn't need a lawyer in the first place.

So never, not ever, parrot his words in Court as if they were your own. Not ever.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 05.02.13 22:09

Portia wrote:[

Portia, I’m no fan of these goons but I have to point out here that she hasn’t lied on oath. She was ‘acting on instruction’, in other words giving evidence on what the McCanns had told her. If the McCanns had told her the moon were made of cheese and she had stated this on oath that would be no more of a lie. What then remains is to ask her if she knows for a fact – first hand the moon is made of cheese? Does she have a piece of moon cheese to show the court? The answer would obviously be no, and the Judge would rule that even an exhibited photo of some Brazilian or New Zealand cheddar is totally irrelevant as to whether the moon is made of cheese.
monkey mind
monkey mind

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 05.02.13 22:12

It's good to hear that Tony's first day in court is behind him, and he had lots of support.
I got home this evening, and for the first time ever, I went to a forum called No Name Forum. I can't believe what I read there. They are one vitriolic, immature bunch, aren't they? Name-calling is about the only thing they can do.
I went to the forum about 6:00 PM this evening, and I didn't have to read this forum, as most of the posts there were copied and pasted from this thread. They were having a field day, wallowing in what may happen to Tony. However, when Tony eventually posted, the tone there changed, and the posts came to a sudden halt. I don't think they liked the positive outcome of Tony's day in court.
So, Tony, it's looking good for you, in the medium term, and your support is growing all the time. All the best in court tomorrow. I will be thinking about you, and when I get home in the evening, I will be here to catch up on your day's events.
So GOOD LUCK!!!! ***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 4 759815***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 4 94409
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 05.02.13 22:13

Tony

Thanks for the update and I think considering what a stressful experience you managed very well.

Portia

Maybe it was better for Ms. Martorell to say what she did rather than "I don't know"! This would have been totally embarrassing for her and TM.

Because how could she know - no one can say even now what happened to Madeleine.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 05.02.13 22:15

In Portugal, in the Amaral -v- Mad Marcos trial that GA brought for defamation, the Judge ruled in favour of Marcos because he was just repeating what his client had told him and believed it to be true.

Maybe different in UK tho`.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 05.02.13 22:17

Angelique wrote:Tony

Thanks for the update and I think considering what a stressful experience you managed very well.

Portia

Maybe it was better for Ms. Martorell to say what she did rather than "I don't know"! This would have been totally embarrassing for her and TM.

Because how could she know - no one can say even now what happened to Madeleine.

Well after nearly 6 years and one of the biggest investigations ever...Still not one single shred of evidence of an abduction!!

Back to top Go down

***LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES FROM THE TRIAL HERE*** See page 40 for news of the date and time of the judgment - Page 4 Empty A useful link to an explanation of contempt proceedings

Post by C.Edwards 05.02.13 22:21

It's not overly long and is quite interesting reading:

contempt of court proceedings

It looks to be an absolute minefield of intentions, knowledge, clarity of order that has allegedly been breached and just shows where solicitors get rich in arguing over the minutiae of law. It does state quite clearly that committal to prison is not taken lightly and is very much a last resort.

Posted here just for those who may wish to read up a bit on the technicalities of how it works, not intended as comment on the current case.
C.Edwards

Activity : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 05.02.13 22:21

I have been sending out positive thoughts all day and will continue to do so.:flower:

Don`t know if it makes any difference tho` !

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top