The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Investigator ensures that Maddie's body in the backyard of Murat - Page 11 Mm11

Investigator ensures that Maddie's body in the backyard of Murat - Page 11 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Investigator ensures that Maddie's body in the backyard of Murat - Page 11 Mm11

Investigator ensures that Maddie's body in the backyard of Murat - Page 11 Regist10

Investigator ensures that Maddie's body in the backyard of Murat

Page 11 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Investigator ensures that Maddie's body in the backyard of Murat - Page 11 Empty Re: Investigator ensures that Maddie's body in the backyard of Murat

Post by sharonl 07.07.12 10:57

Another old news report

Madeleine: Police digging at chief suspect's home

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-473242/Madeleine-Police-digging-chief-suspects-home.html

The second picture in this article is one of the 5 pics that the SA Investigator sent to me in March 2011, to back up his claim that Madeleine was buried in Murats back yard.

If there was any truth in all of this, then the body could not have been buried there around May 3rd as this would not tie in with cadaver odour found in the hire car 3 weeks later.

Neither did the dogs alert to Murats property

So the body would have been moved there after the initial searches - highly unlikely

If the police are really going to dig up the garden again, would it not be more beneficial to call in the dogs first?

To me this resembles the case where Marcos Aragao Correio claimed that Madeleine had been thrown into the Arade dam, a publicity stunt that sells papers.

All the old Daily Mail articles on Murat http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?pageOffset=1&pageSize=&sel=site&searchPhrase=robert+murat&orderBy=relevDesc&_channelshortname=on&_channelshortname=on&_channelshortname=on&_channelshortname=on&_channelshortname=on&_channelshortname=on&_contenttype=on&dateupdated=&dateFrom=&dateTo=&_authornamef=on&_authornamef=on&_authornamef=on&_authornamef=on&_authornamef=on&_personnames=on

sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Investigator ensures that Maddie's body in the backyard of Murat - Page 11 Empty Re: Investigator ensures that Maddie's body in the backyard of Murat

Post by Cheshire Cat 07.07.12 11:04

sharonl wrote:Another old news report

Madeleine: Police digging at chief suspect's home

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-473242/Madeleine-Police-digging-chief-suspects-home.html

The second picture in this article is one of the 5 pics that the SA Investigator sent to me in March 2011, to back up his claim that Madeleine was buried in Murats back yard.

If there was any truth in all of this, then the body could not have been buried there around May 3rd as this would not tie in with cadaver odour found in the hire car 3 weeks later.

Neither did the dogs alert to Murats property

So the body would have been moved there after the initial searches - highly unlikely

If the police are really going to dig up the garden again, would it not be more beneficial to call in the dogs first?

To me this resembles the case where Marcos Aragao Correio claimed that Madeleine had been thrown into the Arade dam, a publicity stunt that sells papers.

All the old Daily Mail articles on Murat http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?pageOffset=1&pageSize=&sel=site&searchPhrase=robert+murat&orderBy=relevDesc&_channelshortname=on&_channelshortname=on&_channelshortname=on&_channelshortname=on&_channelshortname=on&_channelshortname=on&_contenttype=on&dateupdated=&dateFrom=&dateTo=&_authornamef=on&_authornamef=on&_authornamef=on&_authornamef=on&_authornamef=on&_personnames=on

I agree, I thought of the Arcade dam - this most likely is a publicy stunt.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetex 07.07.12 11:13

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t20884p60-police-probe-madeleine-grave-theory

Scroll down.

Stephen Bird clip talking about his findings. Haven't seen this one.

ETA: his images are explained.

ETA: Err... I'm a bit sceptical now.... He must have something else up his sleeve, because if he is going to only use the images, I don't have much hope.

Activity : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee 07.07.12 11:16

Listening to the interview Birch gave on the radio, it doesn't sound like he supports the McCanns though. He sought to distance himself from the family very quickly when asked. He said he wanted to be completely independent and didn't want any contact with the family at all. When questioned about the negative impact it would have on their lives should it turn out to be nothing he didn't seem concerned at all. Much more so in getting it investigated by the pj and eliminating it from the enquiry if that was the case.

He is either mad or incredibly sure of his research as you wouldn't potentially incriminate yourself or others unless you were one or the other!

One thing I spotted when looking at Eben Black's details the other day was that he worked for the second largest law firm in the world, DLA Piper. Perhaps that is an indication?
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Activity : 645

Back to top Go down

Post by pingunootnoot 07.07.12 11:30

I am confused, what motive could Stephen Birch have. It cannot be a monetary gain because if anything he would probably get sued by Murat.
I find it incredibly strange that the Mccanns have not really made comments on this. Surely they should be pushing the Portuguese authorities to eliminate this from the line of inquiries? Maybe this wont benefit them financially especially if they are now looking for a dead child.
pingunootnoot

Activity : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 07.07.12 11:41

Just for the record, the investigator that sent me an e-mail 15 months ago clearly stated that he had also been in touch with Goncalo Amaral and the Policia Judiciari and anything that he had forwarded to me was also in the hands of the PJ.

sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetex 07.07.12 11:49

sharonl wrote:Just for the record, the investigator that sent me an e-mail 15 months ago clearly stated that he had also been in touch with Goncalo Amaral and the Policia Judiciari and anything that he had forwarded to me was also in the hands of the PJ.

Out of interest, I'm sure you don't want to reveal to much but you can PM me if you want to. This "investigator" than sent you this information, is he born South African? Is he a policeman/detective in South Africa? I am from South African, and I'm dying to know.... lol. You don't have to give his name to me, but I find it very interesting that all these "investigators" are interested in this case. I actually contacted one of our "top cops" in the country a while back too with regards to this case, unfortunately he never replied.
sweetex
sweetex

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.12 11:53

He sounds credible enough to me in the radio interview, but if it's true he's been looking at the case for 15 months, and has accumulated 12,000 pages, he ought to have released some of that information to back his claims up instead of just marching in and making serious allegations like the 2007 searches weren't done properly.

If he has 12,000 pages to back up his conclusions, Mr Birch should publish some of them so people aren't doubting his motives. Otherwise he's in danger of looking like another Halligen, and people, and the police, might think this week's efforts are aimed at generating publicity prior to the publication of a book or documentary.

Publish, Mr Birch yes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeyB 07.07.12 11:55

sharonl wrote:Just for the record, the investigator that sent me an e-mail 15 months ago clearly stated that he had also been in touch with Goncalo Amaral and the Policia Judiciari and anything that he had forwarded to me was also in the hands of the PJ.

If the PJ have had this information for 15 months surely they would have acted on it before now?
Seems the whole thing is just another hoax.
MikeyB

Activity : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 07.07.12 11:58

I have little doubt that the McCanns would also have been aware of him before or around the same time he contacted you. It could be they knew this was coming and this is why the old Horrocks article was rehashed. It's interesting that so far, Antonella Lazzeri and the Sun haven't shown any interest in the story Investigator ensures that Maddie's body in the backyard of Murat - Page 11 1214444319
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 07.07.12 12:00

tcat wrote:He sounds credible enough to me in the radio interview, but if it's true he's been looking at the case for 15 months, and has accumulated 12,000 pages, he ought to have released some of that information to back his claims up instead of just marching in and making serious allegations like the 2007 searches weren't done properly.

If he has 12,000 pages to back up his conclusions, Mr Birch should publish some of them so people aren't doubting his motives. Otherwise he's in danger of looking like another Halligen, and people, and the police, might think this week's efforts are aimed at generating publicity prior to the publication of a book or documentary.

Publish, Mr Birch Investigator ensures that Maddie's body in the backyard of Murat - Page 11 160807

Another Halligen? How so? What did Halligen produce for public consumption? He'll be more akin to Marcos Aragao IMO.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetex 07.07.12 12:01

tcat wrote:He sounds credible enough to me in the radio interview, but if it's true he's been looking at the case for 15 months, and has accumulated 12,000 pages, he ought to have released some of that information to back his claims up instead of just marching in and making serious allegations like the 2007 searches weren't done properly.

Publish, Mr Birch yes

I read the 12000 pages, as the PJ files which he worked through to do his investigation. Not as his own.

This is the news article in South Africa today.... only one so far. He claims he has tested this machine on 12 "unmarked" bodies before he went to PDL.

"“I was trained for two months in the use of the device and knew its capabilities. During the test I was able to identify 12 bodies without marked graves between 1.5 and 2m below the surface,” Birch said."

http://www.thepost.co.za/i-ve-found-maddie-cape-man-1.1336216

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 07.07.12 12:04

Mike wrote:

If the PJ have had this information for 15 months surely they would have acted on it before now?
Seems the whole thing is just another hoax.

We were led to believe that the information was in the hands of the police. If this was so, and it was credible, the police, surely would have acted upon it there and then.

sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.12 12:10

ShuBob wrote:Another Halligen? How so? What did Halligen produce for public consumption? He'll be more akin to Marcos Aragao IMO.
I mean in the sense of being a fantasist, a weaver of tales and a lover of the limelight.

It may be totally unfair to associate Birch with Halligen, but if he's genuine I feel he hasn't done himself any favours by making serious allegations without revealing any of the supporting evidence he claims to have.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 07.07.12 12:24

The Express have yet to throw their hat into the ring. Perhaps, the story will be a front page spash tomorrow.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetex 07.07.12 12:31

Google translation:
Their lawyer wants police to act.

The McCann family's Portuguese lawyer, Rogério Alves said that the PJ should act on the suspicions, advanced by a private investigator, that there is a body buried in the yard of Robert Murat, in the Algarve.

The track, according to the newspaper "Morning Post", you have been supplied to PJ and Scotland Yard for a South African businessman who was in the Algarve in particular investigations. Using a system of geo-radar, Stephen Birch claims to have detected changes in the basement of the backyard of Murat, a neighbor of the hotel complex where the British girl disappeared. Changes that are supposed to be consistent with the possible existence of a body buried there.
When "Morning Post", Rogério Alves says now that "the family hopes that the police take a position on this matter and verify the location."
The representative of McCann explains that the girl's family does not know the business, but before a claim "as perentória, the family hopes that the police go check (...) if you do not, say why."

http://www.dn.pt/especiais/interior.aspx?content_id=2653347&especial=Revistas%20de%20Imprensa&seccao=TV%20e%20MEDIA
sweetex
sweetex

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.12 12:39

sweetex wrote:

Publish, Mr Birch yes

I read the 12000 pages, as the PJ files which he worked through to do his investigation. Not as his own.

This is the news article in South Africa today.... only one so far. He claims he has tested this machine on 12 "unmarked" bodies before he went to PDL.

"“I was trained for two months in the use of the device and knew its capabilities. During the test I was able to identify 12 bodies without marked graves between 1.5 and 2m below the surface,” Birch said."

http://www.thepost.co.za/i-ve-found-maddie-cape-man-1.1336216

Yes, you're right, that's clear from the print interview now I've read it, but it wasn't in the radio one.

But to come out of the blue and say the 2007 searches weren't done properly is a huge accusation to make isn't it. How can he expect people to believe that without showing the evidence he claims to have. If he hasn't published that evidence or shown it to the police then I'm doubting he really believes he has found Madeleine.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetex 07.07.12 12:44

@tcat

As far as I know according to all the reports all his evidence was sent to the PJ and SY. I am under correction, but that is what it looks like. I have also read that SY asked him for MORE information. I would love for him to publish it all in public domain. Either PJ or SY will have to make a decision to clear up this confusion and to eliminate the rumours.
sweetex
sweetex

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 07.07.12 12:57

sweetex wrote:Google translation:
Their lawyer wants police to act.

The McCann family's Portuguese lawyer, Rogério Alves said that the PJ should act on the suspicions, advanced by a private investigator, that there is a body buried in the yard of Robert Murat, in the Algarve.

The track, according to the newspaper "Morning Post", you have been supplied to PJ and Scotland Yard for a South African businessman who was in the Algarve in particular investigations. Using a system of geo-radar, Stephen Birch claims to have detected changes in the basement of the backyard of Murat, a neighbor of the hotel complex where the British girl disappeared. Changes that are supposed to be consistent with the possible existence of a body buried there.
When "Morning Post", Rogério Alves says now that "the family hopes that the police take a position on this matter and verify the location."
The representative of McCann explains that the girl's family does not know the business, but before a claim "as perentória, the family hopes that the police go check (...) if you do not, say why."

http://www.dn.pt/especiais/interior.aspx?content_id=2653347&especial=Revistas%20de%20Imprensa&seccao=TV%20e%20MEDIA

That's one of their Portuguese lawyers. We know from past experience that their Portuguese lawyers sometimes veer off-script. I believe this was the same lawyer who told Sandra Felguieras in 2008 that he wanted the McCanns to return to Portugal for the reconstruction. Clarence Mitchell wasn't too pleased when Sandra put the information to him.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 07.07.12 13:12

If SY have the information they will have to deal with it properly. They cannot ignore it. It has to be developed and tested until they are certain that it is either correct or certain, so that they are SURE, that it is nonsense. And for that they need evidence of about the same standard.
They cannot merely do nothing.
This review will itself on day be reviewed.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16595

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 07.07.12 13:14

sweetex wrote:
ShuBob wrote:I don't think it's fair that the names of innocent people are being dragged into this because of a story with unproven credibility. Are the lives of the ******** going to be dissected now?

Silence is not necessary a sign of being guilty. But I wonder if ****** will make a comment about this. Maybe also consulting his attorneys now. This implication is HUGE, and really hope SB knows what he is talking about, otherwise he is going to spend the rest of his life paying off libel fees, well either that or he is going to jail.

please correct me if I am mistaken, but did not someone on a forum simply quote 3 initials which when put through google translate changed? I dont understand that as your initials are the same in any language using our alphabet.
Even if the initial chage to MJS is correct, it was someone on a forum, not Mr Birch, who came up with a name? Maybe we had better be careful what we are posting on here.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.12 13:17

sweetex wrote:@tcat

As far as I know according to all the reports all his evidence was sent to the PJ and SY. I am under correction, but that is what it looks like. I have also read that SY asked him for MORE information. I would love for him to publish it all in public domain. Either PJ or SY will have to make a decision to clear up this confusion and to eliminate the rumours.
I hope he has sent it to the police, but in this interview which I hadn't seen before Birch says he does intend to release his information online, so I hope he does.

http://expresso.sapo.pt/conheca-o-sul-africano-que-diz-ter-descoberto-restos-mortais-de-maddie=f737713%5Bflash%5D

I don't know what to make of the guy. He looks and sounds genuine and hopefully he is, but he needs to back up his serious allegation against the police I think.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetex 07.07.12 13:18

sweetex wrote:It seems that the GSA is misleading. It comes from the google translation. The original is in fact M.J.S. Very strange that google does that, but it seems that was what happened. (Also according to someone on the MM forum)

Apologies.

The mystery man's initials is M.J.S according to the original report
sweetex
sweetex

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 07.07.12 13:20

russiandoll wrote:
sweetex wrote:
ShuBob wrote:I don't think it's fair that the names of innocent people are being dragged into this because of a story with unproven credibility. Are the lives of the **** going to be dissected now?

Silence is not necessary a sign of being guilty. But I wonder if ******* will make a comment about this. Maybe also consulting his attorneys now. This implication is HUGE, and really hope SB knows what he is talking about, otherwise he is going to spend the rest of his life paying off libel fees, well either that or he is going to jail.

please correct me if I am mistaken, but did not someone on a forum simply quote 3 initials which when put through google translate changed? I dont understand that as your initials are the same in any language using our alphabet.
Even if the initial chage to MJS is correct, it was someone on a forum, not Mr Birch, who came up with a name? Maybe we had better be careful what we are posting on here.

Exactly my point!

Knowing Birch, he'll probably come out with a name in his next interview.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 07.07.12 13:21

Publish, Mr Birch yes

tcat Birch said he had read 12000 pages of police files didn't he, he didn't claim to have compiled a 12000 page dossier of his findings.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top