The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 3 Mm11

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 3 Mm11

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 3 Regist10

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 3 Empty Re: Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on

Post by Guest 16.04.13 12:14

Quotes from the interview;

[size=12]It's hard to imagine a couple better suited to extend the hand of friendship to Kate and Gerry McCann, who are also devout Christians. Although the McCanns are Roman Catholic, in this seaside town, the lines between Catholic and Protestant are blurred. Both faiths share the pretty, white and mustard yellow-trimmed church, Our Lady of Light, which sits just above the shimmering beach in the town centre.

The Hubbards have faithfully stood by the McCanns throughout their ordeal, and they continue to do so. They hold weekly vigils for Madeleine in Our Lady of Light. A photograph of the little girl's smiling face is on the wall by the altar. Beside it, the words "pray for me" are written.

The McCanns were soon attending Haynes Hubbard's weekly services,

"It was pretty clear that He was using us, of the same age [as the McCanns] and with small children and Susan speaking Portuguese … and being able to relate to them in a tiny way, to lead them in prayer and just to walk with them," he said.

My highlights in red

This the first time I have read this artical.

Do the two faiths share the same church? why does he say the lines between Protestant and Catholic are blurred, I wouldn't say they were.

I wonder if the little girls photo is still there? is the age progression image now along side it?

Why would the McCanns attend his weekly services? Were there no Catholic services?

Why would he an Anglican Minister lead such devout Catholics in prayer and walk with them?

I simply can't understand why such so called devout Catholics would feel the need to turn to another faith.

[/size]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 3 Empty Re: Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on

Post by tigger 16.04.13 12:33

From McCannfiles.com (I was looking for the bit where it says that soon after they left the church was cleared of the McCann memorabilia etc.) Host countries will make their churches available to similar creeds by arrangement. It's just the use of the building not a 'merging of faiths'. Absolute rubbish.
This article below is very interesting though: (hope it's not too much off topic)

Pilgrimage in Portuguese lands Joana Morais

By Antonieta Janeiro
12/12/2009
Thanks to Joana Morais for translation

They are mistaken those who thought that the famous Doctors McCann were travelling to Portugal to assist the first session of the claim filled against Dr. Gonçalo Amaral regarding the temporary injunction, because of 'insults' made against them in the book 'Maddie, The Truth of the Lie'.

They brought more in their luggage: In yet another claim against Gonçalo Amaral (this time for allegedly lying to the Court as to the goods and wages earned), they had in mind a glorious Hollywoodesque entrance, obfuscated by flashes, inundated with questions, with requests for autographs, with swarms of journalists, television channels, anonymous public and a crowd bath similar to the ones of 2007.

A Portuguese lawyer, who said she was in a deep state of stress, accompanied them.

However, God writes straight with crooked lines ... and the virus H1-N1 contaminated the 'Maddie case'!

Besides the frustration of having entered a court for nothing, they mainly felt the frustration of not having anyone waiting for them to give them that superstars status. Quite the contrary!

The star, this time was the man against whom they voted the entire world's hatred, because he might prove the «Truth» of the lie(s) that they have forged all over the world.

The posters that were seen in the open sun of a winter morning were in support of Gonçalo Amaral.

There was not a single word with «Maddie», «McCann», «fund», «search». NOTHING!

There was a bunch of red carnations that was offered to them, but whose meaning they did not know – it was the «poisoned chalice».

Visibly tense, uncomfortable and disappointed, they went forward with the «plan B» : A PILGRIMAGE TO THE PAST.

It was, after all, what the McCanns really wanted - MEDIA and PROPAGANDA.
They failed in Lisbon ... they headed to the Algarve!

Unfortunately, that theory that "the killer always returns to the crime scene” seems to apply to them.

They returned to the macabre route of the church and rocks on the beach.

It was very clear heard, at the Courthouse door, the failed act of Kate saying that Maddie was entitled to a decent funeral, «...Madeleine has the right to a proper...uhm... a... a proper ... a proper... search »

God be praised! Where (in this context) the adjective «proper» applies to the noun «search»?!? Are there, by chance, «fitting searches», «decent searches», «due searches »....??????????

If she had hesitated in the adjective «right», «accurate», etc…, before saying 'search', it would be different, especially since she was speaking fluently. She was not looking for an exact adjective to define an idea or concept.

Now, PROPER ??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then, later in Aldeia da Luz, she had another slip, stating that it was THERE where she felt closer to Maddie.

It never went unnoticed the saga of the church key, the prayers made at any time of day or night, always going in and locking themselves inside to meditate.

In cases of extreme agony, it is admissible for the parish priest of any church to facilitate the out of hour’s entrance for the relief and moral support of some parishioner.

But this was not the case.

And so strange and disturbing it became, the Bishop of the Diocese had to intervene in person and order the suspension of all those special meditations behind closed doors.

This happened, I believe, before they rented a car and changed apartments.

By now, and without private key, there it went Kate McCann on a pilgrimage to Praia da Luz, stopping in two places, which according to her, are where she feels the closest to Madeleine - the Church and the rocks from the beach.

Next appears in the British press a story-teller fantasying about «lairs», «traps», «hide outs», probably guarded by giants, monsters, ghosts and goblins, within 10 miles of the Ocean Club, citing examples such as the Austrian abductees , raped and walled up for years without realizing that these were teenagers and that Maddie was a girl-child.

For a paedophile, there is no difference.

However, for a sexual pervert who hides his special prey, there is a difference between a teenager and a little child.

And there is another big, huge difference, too.

We are all inserted in the great European Global Village.

But there are features that distinguish the Latin and Peninsular people from the Anglo-Saxon.

It is an insult to our Culture and to our Institutions, what a half a dozen Anglo-Saxons have been doing at our Lusitanian Coasts.

Lisbon, December 12, 2009

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.04.13 13:54

Many thanks tigger, very interesting reading, there is a lot there to take in, I will read it again. The McCann's always seemed very attached to the church. Did KM ever say she felt closest to Maddie any where else apart from the church and the rocks on the beach?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mira2 26.06.13 3:37

Re: Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on
Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 3 Empty Cherry Blossom on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:54 pm

Many thanks tigger, very interesting reading, there is a lot there to take in, I will read it again. The McCann's always seemed very attached to the church. Did KM ever say she felt closest to Maddie any where else apart from the church and the rocks on the beach?

reading back on this thread,  Gerry's calculated decision to involve the little church down the road is very telling.
mira2

Activity : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 26.06.13 11:49

mira2 wrote:Re: Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on
Hubbard - Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 3 Empty Cherry Blossom on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:54 pm

reading back on this thread,  Gerry's calculated decision to involve the little church down the road is very telling.

There's even more on Hubbard in this topic and I urge you to listen to the radio interview as well as watch the videos. He speaks about the McCanns as if they are truly 'holy'
e.g. 'when I first came into their presence...'sad ehhh?
He also makes a lovely slip in the video - ... they have... two (break) three children.. Imo 'He knows, you know?'

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t6873-anniversary-coming-up-rev-hubbard-now-roped-in?highlight=hubbard

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 26.06.13 17:15

I know it is not very constructive, but I have to rant about "father" Hubbard. This man truly gives me the creeps. The way he talks down to everyone. Is that because of his "profession" or is he like Kate and Gerry: empty vessel that make a lot of noise.

I would not trust him with anything.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 26.06.13 17:28

lj wrote:I know it is not very constructive, but I have to rant about "father" Hubbard. This man truly gives me the creeps. The way he talks down to everyone. Is that because of his "profession" or is he like Kate and Gerry: empty vessel that make a lot of noise.

It does make you wonder why "he" was brought in to PDL all the way from Canada.   There must have been numerous fathers/priests nearer to Portugal who could have been brought in.   I remember reading somewhere that the McCanns have family somewhere in Canada, I think they had a holiday out there a few years ago after Madeleine disappeared.  It would be interesting to know if he has a connection to the family.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 26.06.13 17:35

lj wrote:I know it is not very constructive, but I have to rant about "father" Hubbard. This man truly gives me the creeps. The way he talks down to everyone. Is that because of his "profession" or is he like Kate and Gerry: empty vessel that make a lot of noise.

I find him oily. They sure do give great media training to men of the cloth nowadays - you never know when you're gonna hit the cameras and the spotlights when you're a lowly preacher in a village church. If you look at the difference between his 'performance' and the real and obvious Press address of the vicar in Machynlleth (April Jones case) there's a world of difference isn't there.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13369

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 26.06.13 17:48

aquila wrote:

I find him oily. They sure do give great media training to men of the cloth nowadays - you never know when you're gonna hit the cameras and the spotlights when you're a lowly preacher in a village church. If you look at the difference between his 'performance' and the real and obvious Press address of the vicar in Machynlleth (April Jones case) there's a world of difference isn't there.

It's always seem strange to me that these people who represent the McCanns have no qualms in speaking to the media or being photographed or appearing on video for ever more.

I've been asked to man a stand this weekend for a local Council campaign and it's frightened the sh*t out of me to learn that the local press will be there!!!

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 26.06.13 20:04

Newintown wrote:

It does make you wonder why "he" was brought in to PDL all the way from Canada.   There must have been numerous fathers/priests nearer to Portugal who could have been brought in.   I remember reading somewhere that the McCanns have family somewhere in Canada, I think they had a holiday out there a few years ago after Madeleine disappeared.  It would be interesting to know if he has a connection to the family.

I do remember his arrival had been planned before this whole thing erupted. He is just one of those opportunist that won't let any disaster go to waste. He must have been in "heaven": a new post at the Mediterranean and daily his face on tv. He fitted in nicely with the other narcissists.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 26.06.13 20:20

lj wrote:
Newintown wrote:

I do remember his arrival had been planned before this whole thing erupted. He is just one of those opportunist that won't let any disaster go to waste. He must have been in "heaven": a new post at the Mediterranean and daily his face on tv. He fitted in nicely with the other narcissists.  

Yes, Lance told us in one of these two topics that it had been planned a long time or at least months before. However -imo someone might have had ' a word' - e.g. from Control Risks Group or a similar outfit.
I still find 'father' Hubbard a person of interest. Imo he's giving a performance - in the video he is clearly acting, also the defensive folded arms and the expensive looking watch turned to the inside of his wrist, all just a bit 'off'.

The deliberate fudging of the faiths by calling him 'father' and giving the impression that the two faiths are 'merged' is very manipulative. The pope wouldn't have liked this either. They had the opportunity to go to the Portuguese Roman Catholic Mass as often as they liked, yet it is stated that they went to 'Father' Hubbards' services every week.
What tickles me pink is the night some twenty or so parishioners and the Portuguese priest came round to Kate to recite the rosary. I don't expect this was repeated, it's in the book but not told with any enthusiasm, I can't see Kate wasting her time with a bunch of devout locals, photo opportunities coming out of church are much more her thing imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 26.06.13 20:30

tigger wrote:
lj wrote:
Newintown wrote:

Yes, Lance told us in one of these two topics that it had been planned a long time or at least months before. However -imo someone might have had ' a word' - e.g. from Control Risks Group or a similar outfit.
I still find 'father' Hubbard a person of interest. Imo he's giving a performance - in the video he is clearly acting, also the defensive folded arms and the expensive looking watch turned to the inside of his wrist, all just a bit 'off'.

The deliberate fudging of the faiths by calling him 'father' and giving the impression that the two faiths are 'merged' is very manipulative. The pope wouldn't have liked this either. They had the opportunity to go to the Portuguese Roman Catholic Mass as often as they liked, yet it is stated that they went to 'Father' Hubbards' services every week.
What tickles me pink is the night some twenty or so parishioners and the Portuguese priest  came round to Kate to recite the rosary. I don't expect this was repeated, it's in the book but not told with any enthusiasm, I can't see Kate wasting her time with a bunch of devout locals, photo opportunities coming out of church are much more her thing imo.

I'm a protestant and I've never heard 'Father' or for that matter 'Priest' attached to the protestant churches I've attended. I'm not Church of England but I've attended those churches over the years, in fact I married in a C of E church and my Son was christened C of E. I've never heard the term 'Father' in the C of E church attached to anyone but God. So can someone tell me why he's called Father Hubbard?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by statsman 26.06.13 20:48

Some Anglo-Catholic Anglican priests like to be addressed as 'Father'.

It's not that common but it's not that uncommon either.
statsman
statsman

Activity : 129

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 26.06.13 21:09

statsman wrote:Some Anglo-Catholic Anglican priests like to be addressed as 'Father'.

It's not that common but it's not that uncommon either.

That's another stumbling block for me. Portugal is a Catholic country. I lived in Greece for a few years - a Greek Orthodox country but it had a Catholic church in the city with services held in Greek and American priests would be allowed to have a few words in English at the end of the service. This little church in PDL is possibly the same sort of set up....BUT it would be essentially Catholic..so why the non-Catholic 'Father' Hubbard and this notion of sharing a church with non-Catholic beliefs? Why would the McCanns not find an English speaking Catholic priest?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 26.06.13 21:45

Why would the McCanns not find an English speaking Catholic priest?

This to me is the bit which doesn't make sense. I have got some Catholic relatives and a Catholic priest, even one they don't like, is preferred over a non-Catholic every time. Even when they admit that the priest/minister of the other denomination is absolutely fine as a person, they just can't quite cut it as a priest.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.06.13 21:54

It's of no importance, as I would want to underline, but ... he's the kind of man, that if he'd shake my hand I'd instinctively rub it dry on my pants ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 26.06.13 21:55

Miraflores wrote:
Why would the McCanns not find an English speaking Catholic priest?

This to me is the bit which doesn't make sense. I have got some Catholic relatives and a Catholic priest, even one they don't like, is preferred over a non-Catholic every time. Even when they admit that the priest/minister of the other denomination is absolutely fine as a person, they just can't quite cut it as a priest.

The thing is the real Catholic priest (as you describe a normal priest) was booted from PDL and the freshly squeezed, full of vitamins, non-Catholic, wholesome, media friendly, nice looking, cool, non-Catholic 'father' with his laid back media style and his Portuguese speaking wife arrived on the scene in a CATHOLIC church.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.04.14 14:20

No, I never understood the Protestant 'Rev' being wheeled out as the local Catholic type 'Father' either. 'Devout' Catholics wouldn't be imo inclined to make do with just any old Reverend. Just watched that Haynes Hubbard five years on video with speaker sound turned off. I think he actually looks to be totally fed up, irritated and plain bored by whatever it is he is saying. He doesn't imo seem to know where he's going with any of it. Have now put speakers on and listened to content.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe 19.04.14 14:46

Châtelaine wrote:It's of no importance, as I would want to underline, but ... he's the kind of man, that if he'd shake my hand I'd instinctively rub it dry on my pants ...

I trust you are referring to your own hand, as opposed to his, Chatelaine big grin
diatribe

Activity : 608

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.04.14 16:25

My own hand, of course, you dirty ... and I'd also count my fingers  winkwink 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.04.14 16:27

....and to avoid any further misunderstanding, Chatelaine is using the word "pants" in its American meaning of trousers and not knickers!

Mrs 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.04.14 16:40

Oh, thank you, NFWTD. It remains difficult for me to distinct between GB English and US English. And apart from that the spell-check on this site is US ... though, I don't think that a GB English would have proposed me to rather use trousers  big grin

ETA does that mean, that the 60s "hotpants" were actually hotknickers in the U.K.?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by missbeetle 19.04.14 20:54

Happy Easter, all! Long-time lurker driven nuts by this case...

Try watching minutes 2.00-2.30 and watch his Kate-like lip manoeuvre - as he talks about choosing to believe in hope for Madeleine.
missbeetle
missbeetle

Activity : 1093

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 19.04.14 21:25

missbeetle wrote:Happy Easter, all! Long-time lurker driven nuts by this case...

Try watching minutes 2.00-2.30 and watch his Kate-like lip manoeuvre - as he talks about choosing to believe in hope for Madeleine.

airkiss  have a great easter yourself.

Re Hubbard, there's a recording from a radio interview where Hubbard says ...when I came into the presence of Kate and Gerry...
Strange that he uses such an expression which is more suited to describe a higher being.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 19.04.14 22:07

I've been looking for the link for the radio interview but I can't find it. This interview made my teeth itch.

I've found it. It's an mp3 within the following Guardian article.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/audio/2008/apr/18/adddley.mccann
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top