The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann Radio 4 Interview - 29/09/2018 - Page 3 Mm11

Gerry McCann Radio 4 Interview - 29/09/2018 - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann Radio 4 Interview - 29/09/2018 - Page 3 Mm11

Gerry McCann Radio 4 Interview - 29/09/2018 - Page 3 Regist10

Gerry McCann Radio 4 Interview - 29/09/2018

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry McCann Radio 4 Interview - 29/09/2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerry McCann Radio 4 Interview - 29/09/2018

Post by Verdi 30.09.18 0:22

I reckon this is a hoax.  It's a radio broadcast, think how much more impact it would have if televised - Gerry McCann wailing on camera, showing true raw emotion.  

Not so, instead it's a radio broadcast where nothing can be seen, only heard.  A radio broadcast that sends echos ringing in my ears - how many times have I heard all these words transmitted on video over the past eleven years.  What's to stop the BBC taking a bit from here, taking a bit from there, editing it all together with a voice-over (actor) blubbering for effect.

There appears a feeble indirect explanation for the laughing faces captured on camera so soon after Madeleine was proclaimed 'missing', it was the first 36 to 48 hours that were the worst - after that, a flick of the switch and Gerald McCann saw the light at the end of the tunnel, re-focused himself (although the missus wasn't able) and thus able to smile again..

Gerry McCann Radio 4 Interview - 29/09/2018 - Page 3 4thbir10
Gerry and Kate McCann - 12 May 2007.  Nine days after the disappearance of their beloved daughter Madeleine.

Gross hypocrisy.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann Radio 4 Interview - 29/09/2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerry McCann Radio 4 Interview - 29/09/2018

Post by haroldd2 30.09.18 3:10

Ladyinred wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:Yes, I listened whilst gardening so missed bits but message understood, Gerry.  Agree with you, Verdi, and not forgetting criticism of the Portuguese police.  Programme was too long, I thought it was a half-hour piece.  Need to listen again with no distraction and a drink.

I kept wondering throughout - why now?
I'll answer my own question...
 "It feels like the right time", says Gerry on the Radio 4 website.
What 's going on?
Politics, probably.

If so, the default explanation is to keep something else out of the papers or to have it downplayed. But it's probably more than that. How will Kate McCann's cabinet minister friend Esther McVey conduct herself during the troubled week ahead for the Tory party? She seems to lead a charmed political life - not only being given George Osborne's safe seat when he triggered a by-election by resigning to take up the job of editing the Evening Standard, but also coming through largely unspotted when when she lied her head off to MPs, got caught, and metaphorically speaking stuck two fingers up at them when she delivered her pseudo-apology. That's some brass neck. My hunch is that she will be getting some limelight. Perhaps she'll resign from the cabinet to back Johnson. Perhaps she'll promote her brand with reference to her deep friendship with Kate McCann. Does one of the great offices of state beckon? Or a promotion from the DWP anyway?

Chemical weapons are looming large in politics now too.

Whatever's going on, I reckon it's bigger than just PR for more funding for OG. Expect the unexpected at the Tory conference. The security breach with the data probably wasn't a whoopsadaisy job either.
haroldd2

Activity : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 30.09.18 6:39

So at Leicester Royal Infirmary, they have a consultant cardiologist with mental health issues.  I wonder what the patients make of this.  Are they at risk?

Not only is he suffering from mental health, he is named alongside another Doctor of the same hospital, in a statement that alleges paedophiliia and he is the prime suspect in s missing child case.

How on earth does the hospital get away with employing him?  Would you want to see Gerry McCann if you had heart problems?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 30.09.18 10:24

I have only heard the section posted by EnglishBull (thank you) on the other thread here. In this section there is no discussion of "mental health" or even Gerry's mental health. What I heard was "My version of the tale of how our daughter went missing and how that changed our lives" -
According to Gerry in this snippet, once Alan Pike assured them that they were model parents, they perked up. They do miss their daughter, but after 15 months (with no pharmaceutical aid, no ongoing psychologist assistance or any other treatment) they were able to get on with life rather well, albeit feeling somewhat sad on birthdays and anniversaries.
Where is the mental health piece - this is hardly helpful for any listeners genuinely struggling to recover from the loss, especially loss of a child! In fact, I would imagine it could have a negative affect, increasing pressure for them to get on with things and return to a "new normal" as the McCanns did!
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 30.09.18 10:33

+1 Phoebe.

I haven't had the stomach to listen to it yet. Will try today. I have Rennies in the cupboard.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13382

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann Radio 4 Interview - 29/09/2018 - Page 3 Empty Gerry on Radio 4

Post by Ladyinred 30.09.18 10:39

The mental health angle was a Mail headline.  The piece was written by Tracey K.

See first post on this thread.
Ladyinred
Ladyinred

Activity : 1444

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 30.09.18 11:55

I'm almost 15 minutes into this bizarre production and GM has described Madeleine's colic as giving her discomfort - he hasn't used the word pain preferring to use this numerous times when referring to himself.

My son had 3 month colic and he was in agony - his body rattled with trapped wind but not a word about Madeleine's pain, just demote it (and her) to discomfort.

Then there is the flowery poem interspersed with GM describing his relationship with his wife and his daughter as an equilateral triangle which is the oddest description I have ever heard but only he and Kate felt pain. Madeleine felt discomfort despite the agony a baby endures from colic. Nope, pain is not a word ever used for Madeleine.

GM goes on to say that Madeleine loved swimming and on arrival in PDL she spotted the unheated pool and almost dragged Kate to go swimming. Gerry remembers feeling tired after their journey.

Apparently it was very windy all that week. It must have been so hard to play tennis in howling winds.

I need a Rennie before continuing to listen to this narcissistic drivel.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 30.09.18 12:07

From PeterMac:

I wonder why he didn't take a copy of Kate's book with him, to look up whether it was windy, or hot, or cold, and whether they went out to search, or kept vigil and slept.
It would at least have kept the story consistent.
What he has now done is trash even their own official account.
Which will have the effect of calling everyone to start cross checking again.

Interesting that only one paper so far has put the "reunited' comment in its proper context of believing in HEAVEN.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41873

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 30.09.18 12:43

You have to hand it to Gerald. What a propaganda coup ! An obscure Radio 4 mid afternoon programme which would probably normally achieve an audience of a few thousand is featured on several front pages. Scrolling down the comment section of the Daily Mail proves that this latest ploy has either worked amazingly well, or else the DM censors, sorry moderators (I have been barred for years, never told as much they just never allow my comments) are working incredibly hard.
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 30.09.18 13:05

It was 'Woman's Hour' wasn't it big grin

Titter ye not - this is serious stuff.  The BBC mediacentre had this to say on the subject on 12th September 2018 - that's seventeen days before the broadcast..

Radio 4 presents Pearl: Two Fathers, Two Daughters, featuring a rare interview with Gerry McCann

A programme weaving together two voices of grief - one from 600 years ago and one of the present day, in Gerry McCann - comes to Radio 4 this September, in a reflection on loss and consolation.

Alongside this in-depth interview given by McCann, Simon Armitage (pictured), one of the country’s premiere poets, has dramatised Pearl - a medieval poem recounting a father’s grief from the loss of his daughter. The poem will be performed by Iain Glen (Game Of Thrones) and Grace Doherty (Casualty) and intercut with McCann’s interview.

The medieval poem is combined with unprecedented insight into the life of Madeleine’s father.

Gerry McCann’s daughter Madeleine disappeared from an Algarve holiday apartment in May 2007. In an honest, personal and sometimes painful terms, Gerry reflects on the special bond between fathers and daughters, the difficulties men have in articulating sorrow, and his absolute determination to keep looking for Madeleine.

The Middle English poem Pearl sees a father lamenting the loss of his daughter, who returns to him in a dream to help him come to terms with her absence. The anonymous Pearl poet demonstrates that grief for loved ones is the hardest grief of all as he seeks consolation in the idea of heaven and the power of prayer. The original manuscript, now held in the British Library, has been dated to the late 14th century.

Professor of Poetry at Oxford University, the recipient of a Bafta and numerous other awards, Simon Armitage is one of the most respected modern-day literary talents. In addition to poetry, Armitage has written for radio, television and film. In 2010 Armitage wrote a poem titled The Beacon, read at the event marking 1,000 days since Madeleine’s disappearance.

Gerry McCann says: “As a family we'd worked with Simon Armitage before and know what a sensitive, thoughtful writer he is. When I read the Pearl poem, I could see echoes in it with Madeleine's situation and our loss. I decided it was a good opportunity to say something about the special bond between fathers and daughters, thinking that speaking openly might help other men in similar positions. It feels like the right time.”

Simon Armitage says: “Pearl is one of the most moving poems in the language, written by a man grieving over the loss of his young daughter. While translating it into modern English I kept thinking of the McCann family and their daughter Madeleine. I’d written a poem for the family to mark the one thousandth day of her disappearance, spending some time with Kate and talking to her about life without Madeleine and the campaign to find her.

"Gerry’s voice hasn’t been heard as much, and after reading the poem he agreed to give an extended interview, to tell his side of the story in terms of how men deal with loss and grief in a world where they’re usually expected to stay strong and silent. I knew that religion plays an important part in the McCann’s family life, as it does for the author of Pearl, who seeks consolation through his faith.”

As a family we'd worked with Simon Armitage before and know what a sensitive, thoughtful writer he is. When I read the Pearl poem, I could see echoes in it with Madeleine's situation and our loss

Gerry McCann

But .... but .... but .... I thought you said Madeleine is a findable little girl - there is no evidence she has come to any serious harm?

:puke:

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 30.09.18 13:08

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I sensed an air of finality about the radio interview piece I heard. There was mention at all of continuing to search for Madeleine, of encouraging the public to keep a lookout for her, no message to Madeleine herself, instead, there was a reference to perhaps meeting her again someday, maybe in heaven. It smacked of reinforcing the story that she was kidnapped, that they weren't to blame, that they have moved on. I get the impression they expect Grange to park the investigation in the "unsolved" section and the Madeleine affair to be consigned to history.
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 30.09.18 13:09

Here is the rub for me. For years there has been a clear pattern of March and September fish-feeding-fest reports in the media that Operation Grange are holding out a begging bowl to HO for special funding. Tagged onto this is the McCann fest of media appearance to thank OG for their seemingly inneffective, pointless, meaningless and dwindling staffing.

So why? Why do the McCanns not demand Scotland Yard interview them and clear them officially?

Answers on a postcard.

Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 30.09.18 13:26

Gerry McCann has just procured an edited production on BBC Radio 4 to talk about his pain and to totally contradict his own wife's account of what happened, published for an income of around 1 million pounds, given to a limited company legally making up the rules as they go along their venture.

God bless Madeleine McCann.

Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 30.09.18 13:49

Just to make it clear, it was Kate's novel that feathered the limited company.

Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 30.09.18 14:21

I still can't bring myself to listen to the " me , my pain , me Kate's pain , me , Sean and Amelie , me , my pain , Catholic , me , light , me , my pain , howling wind , me , so cold , wait till it's light , me , going out searching , me , slag off police , me , etc etc etc , " 

Oh yes , and " the girl , " reunited , me and as a postscript Madeleine ! 

I haven't got any Rennies , though I think it would take more than a packet ! 

I thought of using the newspaper to line the cats litter trays , but as my fur balls are getting on in years and one takes it into his head to occasionally urinate outside the tray I don't want to upset them further ! 

A pity party as usual , no mention of we love you Madeleine , we'll never stop searching for you . " The right time " ? What exactly is " right " about now ? The McCanns never do anything without a good reason . 

I wonder what's coming next ?

Activity : 2377

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.09.18 14:35

Hello all, I have recently joined you, after years of hovering. I did not, and don't think I can bear to, listen to this interview. As for "why now"', is panic setting in with the McCanns? Do they think the police just might have a clue as to what happened to this poor little girl?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann Radio 4 Interview - 29/09/2018 - Page 3 Empty Mental health,Gerry McCann

Post by willowthewisp 30.09.18 14:54

CaKeLoveR wrote:Hello all, I have recently joined you, after years of hovering. I did not, and don't think I can bear to, listen to this interview. As for "why now"', is panic setting in with the McCanns? Do they think the police just might have a clue as to what happened to this poor little girl?  
I do not know if Gerry is effected by a "Mental health"Problem?

Mr McCann and the"Dogs Of War" they unleashed onto Mrs Brenda Leyland,I know a bit pedantic,Martin Brunt,Jim gamble,Bernard Hogan Howe and Gerry McCann,the Need to "Silence Her" on twitter,sweepyf@ce,"well her secret isn't a secret anymore",wasn't that what you published Martin Brunt on Sky News Corporation for hours on End!

Did you show any Sympathy/Empathy,no you had your story to tell and tell it you did,remember,"What goes around comes back around"?

Why didn't you phone your friend Clarence,he could have verified your complaints or has he developed a "Sphinxitus" virus putting to good use some fine rubber gloves/detergents?

Sounding more like a "Broken Record"stuck!
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyinred 30.09.18 16:01

I'm curious how this programme came about, considering there is no anniversary, or definitive news of Madeleine, and for what purpose.
Did the McCanns and/or Simon Armitage pitch it to Radio 4?
Ladyinred
Ladyinred

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 30.09.18 16:36

I have just received some emails from a member of staff at Leicester University. He's emailed me on occasions in the past and is an inactive member of this forum - inactive because he feels too much sadness about what may have happened to little Maddie.

He has given me permission to snip parts of his email to publish on the forum:

There is clearly an establishment brick wall, which, even after the Portuguese Supreme Court ruling, will never be dented unless one maverick breaks ranks.
I just wondered if this sudden, totally out-of-character and unconvincing performance by GM could perhaps have something to do with ensuring a more sympathetic reception for his forthcoming public lecture in the University on 29 October.
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-frank-may-prize-lecture-2018-using-mri-to-better-understand-and-manage-heart-disease-tickets-45650602180

The Frank May Prize Lecture 2018: Using MRI to better ...
www.eventbrite.co.uk
Gerry McCann is Professor of Cardiac Imaging at the University of Leicester and an Honorary Consultant Cardiologist based at Glenfield Hospital. Gerry is a Glasgow graduate and did an Intercalated BSc in physiology and sports science. He also undertook early postgraduate training and doctoral ...
On the internal mail Uni events calendar, they stopped giving his name and also asked people to email in advance to confirm attendance, not standard practice.

Could it be that K&G got wind of some negative reactions, possibly even fearing that there might be some kind of demonstration or leafleting outside the venue - or even a disruption of the lecture with an awkward question, or 48 if KM is present??!!!
They never do anything without some ulterior motive and this could perhaps be part of  it??

Academics are trained to spot improbable scenarios and fake arguments unlike the gullible Kandohlas and Kellys!
GM's latest performance is so wildly out of character and so transparently unconvincing that one can only wonder what provoked it.

It also flies in the face of his previous mantra that there is 'no evidence she has come to harm' and is a findable girl. Now they'll meet one day in heaven like a Verdi opera finale (the composer not the poster!!)

With the closing of the online shop and M in heaven they do seem to be trying to close something down and slip away... but too many questions remain unanswered, not least the role of the fund, and costs payable to GA.

Remember it was money not murder that got Al Capone!!!

Keep up the good work, I check in regularly!

Dr R

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41873

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.09.18 16:50

Cmaryholmes wrote: the DM censors, sorry moderators (I have been barred for years, never told as much they just never allow my comments) are working incredibly hard.

I believe all comments on "sensitive" articles in DM online are routed straight thru GCHQ before DM website even gets to see them. Once you are on the blacklist you wont see any comment you make appear. . . . but you can still comment on the usual rubbish, such as tv baking shows or celebrity gossip articles. It might be an idea to drop some MM comments into unrelated articles just to see if they get through.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 30.09.18 17:35

I wouldn’t be surprised in the least. I have tried slipping references to MBM into random articles to no avail ...
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyinred 30.09.18 18:56

I'm currently listening to Pick of the Week on Radio 4 which has chosen the programme as a highlight.  Gerry speaking again.
Ladyinred
Ladyinred

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 30.09.18 21:59

Ladyinred:

'I'm curious how this programme came about, considering there is no anniversary, or definitive news of Madeleine, and for what purpose.
Did the McCanns and/or Simon Armitage pitch it to Radio 4?'

‘Mr Armitage, who wrote a moving poem The Bacon (s/b The Beacon!) to mark the harrowing 1,000-day milestone of Maddie's abduction in 2010…….’

Mutual benefit? Keeping it in the family it seems.

Simon Robert Armitage CBE is an English poet, playwright and novelist. He is professor of poetry at the University of Leeds. On 19 June 2015, Armitage was elected to the part-time position of Oxford Professor of Poetry, succeeding Geoffrey Hill. Wikipedia

Born: 26 May 1963 (age 55 years), Huddersfield

Spouse: Sue Roberts

………………………………….

TX details:
Pearl: Two Fathers, Two Daughters
·       Saturday 29 September 2018, 2.30pm - 3pm
·       Performed by Iain Glen and Grace Doherty
·       Translated and dramatised by Simon Armitage
·       Producer: Susan Roberts for BBC Radio 4
https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2018/radio-4-presents-pearl-two-fathers-two-daughters-with-gerry-mccann
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 01.10.18 2:08

Coupling Gerry McCann with the tenderness of poetry has to be an all time low in the non search for his daughter.

Equilateral triangle is how he describes his relationship with his wife and Madeleine. Gerry does seem to like a triangle - take a look at him in the infamous photo where he is speaking of the wider picture.

In that equilateral triangle where do you think he would write his name. Apex man.

Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by polyenne 01.10.18 8:47

Doug D - super sleuth !! I expect that, with a little more digging, one could find other links Armitage/Roberts/McCann  

Self-serving nauseous nonsense
polyenne

Activity : 1575

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top