The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? - Page 3 Mm11

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? - Page 3 Mm11

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? - Page 3 Regist10

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? - Page 3 Empty Re: What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on?

Post by Captain_Pugwash 04.04.17 11:17

The only thing realistically they can do is cut their losses and run. They can bow out in a dignified manner saying "we are doing this for the twins to spare them exposure", (like they really fckuing care). They have made their money, they have spent a fortune on legal fees, they will always be able to say that GAs book is fiction and KM will resign as whatever position she holds on behalf of missing children. The British public are by and large absolutley stupid, they will believe anything reported in the broadsheets or by the BBC as cast iron truth whereas we on this forum categorically KNOW that this is a false hope. When  you have a head of government acting in support of what the more outspoken would consider vile actions of neglectful parents then most people will close the door and look the other way. Some years down the line we may see an aspiring young journalist who will ferret out the truth and have an editor publish it. By that stage the smaller children involved in this debacle will have grown up and flown the nest. The McCanns are off the hook and they know it.
Captain_Pugwash
Captain_Pugwash

Activity : 121

Back to top Go down

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? - Page 3 Empty Re: What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on?

Post by mootle 04.04.17 12:02

One thing that has always bugged me about this 'Missing Persons' lot is the claim that 140,000 children under 18 go missing each year. Though technically true I find it rather disingenuous as 91% of these ‘missing’ children are found within 48 hours – many far sooner. 99% of cases are solved within a year.

So a more accurate figure would be 12,600 children under 18 go missing each year and 1,400 are still unaccounted for after a year.

Apologies of this is in the wrong section or off-topic. (Mods feel free to move, delete or take quietly round the back and have put down)

vincit omnia veritas
mootle
mootle

Activity : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Samcaddick 04.04.17 16:13

Regards the BGT show,. if kate does pop up, id really like to see the BGT website​, and Twitter​ comments.
Samcaddick
Samcaddick

Activity : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 04.04.17 16:18

Captain_Pugwash wrote:The only thing realistically they can do is cut their losses and run. They can bow out in a dignified manner saying "we are doing this for the twins to spare them exposure", (like they really fckuing care). They have made their money, they have spent a fortune on legal fees, they will always be able to say that GAs book is fiction and KM will resign as whatever position she holds on behalf of missing children. The British public are by and large absolutley stupid, they will believe anything reported in the broadsheets or by the BBC as cast iron truth whereas we on this forum categorically KNOW that this is a false hope. When  you have a head of government acting in support of what the more outspoken would consider vile actions of neglectful parents then most people will close the door and look the other way. Some years down the line we may see an aspiring young journalist who will ferret out the truth and have an editor publish it. By that stage the smaller children involved in this debacle will have grown up and flown the nest. The McCanns are off the hook and they know it.
Not sure about being off the hook.....they are still doing a lot of wriggling !
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 04.04.17 16:47

Posting to cancel out what looks like an attack through repeated post from circus clowns fake passport rubbish
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by MTSTAR 04.04.17 20:27

Captain_Pugwash wrote:SThe only thing realistically they can do is cut their losses and run. They can bow out in a dignified manner saying "we are doing this for the twins to spare them exposure", (like they really fckuing care). They have made their money, they have spent a fortune on legal fees, they will always be able to say that GAs book is fiction and KM will resign as whatever position she holds on behalf of missing children. The British public are by and large absolutley stupid, they will believe anything reported in the broadsheets or by the BBC as cast iron truth whereas we on this forum categorically KNOW that this is a false hope. When  you have a head of government acting in support of what the more outspoken would consider vile actions of neglectful parents then most people will close the door and look the other way. Some years down the line we may see an aspiring young journalist who will ferret out the truth and have an editor publish it. By that stage the smaller children involved in this debacle will have grown up and flown the nest. The McCanns are off the hook and they know it.
 I just feel incredibly frustrated to think that they have got away with this.  How could this have happened?  It's so unfair.  That poor little girl is buried out there somewhere, her parents who are supposed to be devout Catholics didn't even care or have enough respect for her to give her a funeral.  Madeleine has not been afforded any dignity whatsoever.  I would really like the McCanns  to read this post and cringe.  They have not shown one iota of compassion for that girl.  I hope they never have a moment's peace, I hope the saying 'what goes around comes around' will apply to them at some point.  Evil, evil people.
What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? - Page 3 Imagegif
MTSTAR
MTSTAR

Activity : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnyT 04.04.17 20:41

........I don't think they were devout catholics......were they?
JohnyT

Activity : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by JulieC 04.04.17 20:51

JohnyT wrote:........I don't think they were devout catholics......were they?

They try to make out they are. Church visits and meeting the Pope.
JulieC

Activity : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 04.04.17 20:53

I wouldn't say they have gotten away with anything, the stress they are putting themselves through must be much worse than facing up to whatever they did wrong at the time. Any prison sentence would have been almost over by now, and they would not be in the situation where they are instantly recognised in many countries around the world. 

In fact, if they are responsible, for their daughter's disappearance, then they have compounded the issue over and over again since then. They are in a no win situation whichever way you look at it.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by MTSTAR 04.04.17 20:53

Sorry, I got carried away there.  I meant to say that they said themselves that they were devout catholics in the immediate aftermath.   That has  since been disproved.  Kate's mother confirmed that they were infrequent church goers.
MTSTAR
MTSTAR

Back to top Go down

Post by MTSTAR 04.04.17 20:56

suzyjohnson wrote:I wouldn't say they have gotten away with anything, the stress they are putting themselves through must be must worse than facing up to whatever they did wrong at the time. Any prison sentence would have been almost over by now, and they would not be in the situation where they are instantly recognised in many countries around the world. 

In fact, if they are responsible, for their daughter's disappearance, then they have compounded the issue over and over again since then. They are in a no win situation whichever way you look at it.
I really hope so.
MTSTAR
MTSTAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 04.04.17 21:21

Susan Healy - Kate McCann's mother:

'Kate phoned me, errm… about an hour after Gerry and asked me to get in touch with, errm… Paul Seddon, who is the priest, Father Seddon, who married her, who baptised Madeleine, errm… and I didn't have his mobile phone so I rang a friend of Kate's and got… got him and he rang Kate right away and I think as soon as this happened, as soon as Kate realised what had happened, it was as if, errm.. she started to ask God right away to give her Madeleine. Errm… because Kate and Gerry were not the most devout family. We do have Catholic faith, errm… it's… it's the religion that we were brought up in, but I would never describe myself as a devout person. We're just ordinary people, errm… but Kate certainly has… has clung to her religion, errm.. since this happened. Possibly she feels that, you know, it has to be a greater thing that helps us to get Madeleine back. Errm… something with more power than… than we have.'

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 04.04.17 21:37

MTSTAR wrote:
Captain_Pugwash wrote:SThe only thing realistically they can do is cut their losses and run. They can bow out in a dignified manner saying "we are doing this for the twins to spare them exposure", (like they really fckuing care). They have made their money, they have spent a fortune on legal fees, they will always be able to say that GAs book is fiction and KM will resign as whatever position she holds on behalf of missing children. The British public are by and large absolutley stupid, they will believe anything reported in the broadsheets or by the BBC as cast iron truth whereas we on this forum categorically KNOW that this is a false hope. When  you have a head of government acting in support of what the more outspoken would consider vile actions of neglectful parents then most people will close the door and look the other way. Some years down the line we may see an aspiring young journalist who will ferret out the truth and have an editor publish it. By that stage the smaller children involved in this debacle will have grown up and flown the nest. The McCanns are off the hook and they know it.
 I just feel incredibly frustrated to think that they have got away with this.  How could this have happened?  It's so unfair.  That poor little girl is buried out there somewhere, her parents who are supposed to be devout Catholics didn't even care or have enough respect for her to give her a funeral.  Madeleine has not been afforded any dignity whatsoever.  I would really like the McCanns  to read this post and cringe.  They have not shown one iota of compassion for that girl.  I hope they never have a moment's peace, I hope the saying 'what goes around comes around' will apply to them at some point.  Evil, evil people.
What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? - Page 3 Imagegif
Sad but true. Madeleine's short life has been completely over-shadowed by her disappearance. That's what she is most remembered for. Her name is forever associated with law-suits and fund-raising, verbal spats, the hounding of the policeman who did his best for her and the death of poor Brenda. What a legacy! She deserved better. Her siblings too have lived an abnormal life in the shadow of her "abduction", with court battles and seeing their surname in the headlines ad nauseam.
Phoebe

Back to top Go down

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? - Page 3 Empty "devout Catholics"

Post by utahagen 04.04.17 22:13

Folks, regarding whether the McCanns were/are devout Catholics. I make no claims to personal sanctity, and acknowledge off-the-bat that only God can read someone's heart. My purpose in posting this is not to judge one type of Catholic as "better" than any other type. All I am doing is classifying different types of Catholics from an external viewpoint, akin to the way one could say of some Jewish people, "That one is Modern Orthodox...that one is Reform Jewish and goes to temple often...that one is totally nonobservant, etc" I went to Catholic school for sixteen years, always have gone to Mass every week, and have Catholic friends of all different styles. 

The assertion that the McCanns were "devout" is preposterous. First of all, genuinely devout Catholics run from being called such, because they emphasize the importance of humility. Secondly, to qualify by any reasonable definition as a "devout Catholic", you'd at least have to go to Mass every single week, and never think of skipping. Well, Kate McCann's mother said shortly after Madeleine went missing that "Kate and Gerry are not religious". Both were raised Catholic and perhaps even grew up going to church every week. However, it was clear from remarks from Kate's mother that, as adults, Kate and Gerry, had become "Christmas and Easter Catholics" -- if they even went on Christmas and Easter.

OK, now for that visit to see the Pope within three weeks of Madeleine's disappearance. The friends who asked me about that were all non-Catholic because even the most lapsed of lapsed Catholics would know that it makes no religious sense whatsoever to try to touch the hem of the Pontiff in the middle of a family crisis, never mind just after -- as Kate and Gerry insisted -- your small daughter had been "abducted by pedophiles". That visit was a photo op for the charade that was and has been the "Abduction of Madeleine McCann". If anything, that visit to meet the Pope is what tipped off Catholics in the USA who happened to be following the story that the McCanns were full of it. As I said to a (Protestant) friend of mine: if Catholics believed that meeting the Pope would increase your chances of solving dire family problems, wouldn't every, say, Catholic parent of a child with cancer mortgage everything to visit the Pope? I mean, at least every Catholic parent in Europe would! Do you know how many even genuinely devout Catholics leave their families in the middle of a crisis to meet the Pope -- even those who have the connections to do so? Zero that I ever have know, heard about, or read about it my more than fifty years of being immersed in a Catholic culture.

So, emphasizing again that I have no comment on the state of anyone's soul, I am putting to rest the assertion that Kate and Gerry McCann were, before Madeleine went missing, anything other than "Christmas and Easter Catholics". Further, interestingly, once they returned to the UK, I recall reading about several services for Madeleine that were held in Anglican churches. Nothing wrong with that, folks, but not what even weekly churchgoing Catholics would choose (as opposed to having the services in a Catholic Church).
utahagen

Activity : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 04.04.17 22:17

Verdi wrote:

'Kate phoned me, errm… about an hour after Gerry and asked me to get in touch with, errm… Paul Seddon, who is the priest, Father Seddon, who married her, who baptised Madeleine, errm… and I didn't have his mobile phone so I rang a friend of Kate's and got… got him and he rang Kate right away and I think as soon as this happened, as soon as Kate realised what had happened, it was as if, errm.. she started to ask God right away to give her Madeleine. Errm… because Kate and Gerry were not the most devout family. We do have Catholic faith, errm… it's… it's the religion that we were brought up in, but I would never describe myself as a devout person. We're just ordinary people, errm… but Kate certainly has… has clung to her religion, errm.. since this happened. Possibly she feels that, you know, it has to be a greater thing that helps us to get Madeleine back. Errm… something with more power than… than we have.'
Verdi,10 years ago I could have sworn I read that when Gerry inroduced Kate to his family they were a bit dissapointed she wasn't a Catholic girl.Of course Ma Healy tells me otherwise but I'm sure I read It somewhere.
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 05.04.17 0:39

petunia wrote:
Verdi wrote:

Verdi,10 years ago I could have sworn I read that when Gerry inroduced Kate to his family they were a bit dissapointed she wasn't a Catholic girl.Of course Ma Healy tells me otherwise but I'm sure I read It somewhere.
I truly believe petunia, they found God for convenience.  If you listen to the words of Kate McCann, her numerous references to her/their faith is a bit peculiar - for example 'praying like mad', what devout catholic refers to their faith is such a way?  A PR initiative maybe?

In the early days Gerry McCann had his out of body experience - I quote from KM's book..

I think it was that Tuesday evening – while we were praying privately at Nossa Senhora da Luz, Gerry had an extraordinary spiritual experience. He suddenly became aware of a long tunnel with light at the far end of it. He felt himself enter the tunnel and, ashe went deeper and deeper inside, it became wider and wider and brighter and brighter. He had never known anything like this before and he immediately interpreted it as asign urging us to do absolutely everything within our power to find Madeleine ourselves. From that moment he was convinced that we did not have to sit back passively, issuing statements and waiting for others to bring her home. We needed to take the initiative. Straight away he shared this revelation with me and tried to explain what it meant to him. We had to start right now to mobilize all the resources available to us.

His ‘vision’ – I don’t know what else to call it – in that beautiful little church had a huge impact on Gerry. It was this experience that laid the foundations of our organized campaign to find our daughter.  From the minute he got up the next morning, Gerry was on a mission.
----------

Mission impossible if you ask me!  Somehow, I can't imagine Gerry McCann having a spiritual experience outside of a good quality single malt.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 05.04.17 1:51

Once they returned to the UK and since, i wonder how often they attend church, or, was their 'devoutness' simply a ploy to get money, attention, sympathy, money and yet another screen to divert attention from their non cooperation, their non searching and their rampant avarice for both money and fame (infamy)

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 05.04.17 2:08

Phoebe wrote:Posting to cancel out what looks like an attack through repeated post from circus clowns fake passport rubbish

@phoebe
Sorry but could u elaborate?
I dont understand this post at all, or have i missed something??

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 05.04.17 7:59

Hobs wrote:Once they returned to the UK and since, i wonder how often they attend church, or, was their 'devoutness' simply a ploy to get money, attention, sympathy, money and yet another screen to divert attention from their non cooperation, their non searching and their rampant avarice for both money and fame (infamy)
It certainly does make one wonder.  I believe they would have attended regularly for some time in the early days but as time went on and with family life and all the training for charity running races, triathlons and bike rides regular attendance could well have "slipped".

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 05.04.17 9:41

Roxyroo wrote:
Phoebe wrote:Posting to cancel out what looks like an attack through repeated post from circus clowns fake passport rubbish

@phoebe
Sorry but could u elaborate?
I dont understand this post at all, or have i missed something??
There was a brief period yesterday where nearly every post, about a minute apart, in the left hand portal column had a looooong article advertising how to apply for false passports, driving licences etc. It had forced all other discussions nearly off the column. I figured it was some clown messing about so wrote something to bring an existing thread back top -if that makes sense.
Phoebe

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 12.04.17 13:42

"Kate and Gerry are expected to give a TV interview to mark the anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance later this month."

The couple are considering two pooled interviews in Britain, one for print through the country’s national agency Press Association and one for broadcasters.

Both are being organised through Scotland Yard, Clarence Mitchell explained. He said: “There will be no fee.”

Could somebody 'explain' to me, in plain English, WHY are SY 'organising' ANYTHING for 4 'weeks' HENCE?

And WHY have SY been 'organising', SINCE February 16th 2017, UK wide National 'press and broadcast releases' for 3rd May 2017.
---------------------------------------------

So, OBVIOUSLY, the MET/SY and the McS, are 'implying' that Madeleine is NOT 'going to be found, or turn up' BEFORE the 'anniversary' on 3rd May 2017.

WHY would 'that' be?

Surely Madeleine 'could' reappear at ANY 'time' couldn't she?

Today, tomorrow, next week.........

WHY is 'everyone' arranging/organising 'interviews' for 3rd May 2017?

As like, with 'Chinese arithmetic',...........I just don't 'understand' it!

Is it just me?

It 'seems' EVERYTHING HAS TO 'get to' 3rd May 2017.

What 'happens' AFTER 3rd May 2017, is anybody's 'guess', I 'guess'!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 12.04.17 13:48

Yes, why no appeals for any thirteen year old, fair haired girls with a colombola who may be a bit dubious about their origins to come forward?
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by JulieC 12.04.17 14:06

Cmaryholmes wrote:Yes, why no appeals for any thirteen year old, fair haired girls with a colombola who may be a bit dubious about their origins to come forward?

That's something the Needham family always did in their appeals. 

Obviously the difference between a genuine missing person and a completely made up story.
JulieC

Activity : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 12.04.17 14:21

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on?

CM said 'the McCan'ts won't be commentating, for operational reasons, as they are extremely busy planning for the 20th 'missing' anniversary, of Madeleine, in 2027'
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 12.04.17 14:27

Cmaryholmes wrote:Yes, why no appeals for any thirteen year old, fair haired girls with a colombola who may be a bit dubious about their origins to come forward?
Perhaps they're waiting for 'a big event' like the 10th anniversary to finally make that crucial appeal to Maddie? waiting
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top