The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? Mm11

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? Mm11

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? Regist10

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? Empty What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on?

Post by coati mundi 02.04.17 23:05

Which way do members think the McCanns will go now? Trying to start a discussion on this,

First of all, the Portuguese Supreme Court decision. I would say that they have exhausted any means of continuing with this, There may be talk about the ECHR, but from what I know they would have no grounds on which to .take case there. I fail to see how they could claim that their human rights were breached, when they were given more than due process, having been given access to all the tiers of justice in Portugal.

The recent "stories" in the news all seem to be rehashes of old ones, with a tenuous topical tinge, none of which add anything, even fresh obfuscation, to the mix. It is to be hoped that the public will soon tire of "fresh anguish" etc, supposedly caused by what is all old news.

If Snr Amaral does either try to get his book published in England, or even publish a second one, I suppose they could get back on the litigation train, but they might risk people (even the media?) getting tired of their endless hounding of their critics and attempted suppression of any alternative opinion.

Then there is the 10th anniversary. It goes almost without saying that the fact that they seemed to be discussing interviews for the anniversary months ago seems to suggest that their daughter, of whom there is    "no evidence she has come to harm", won't be coming back any time soon. By the way, a child being missing without trace for nearly 10 years, whilst not proof,  IS EVIDENCE that they have come to harm.

Finally, OG, which will finish by concluding that they don't know what happened. It is not possible for them to stitch up a patsy, because the evidence (or lack of it) would not stand up in any court and any decent lawyer could demolish it in no time.
at
Sorry for being long-winded, but I wanted to raise a few issues that people her might want to discuss.

All in my opinion and still hoping for justice.
coati mundi

Activity : 237

Back to top Go down

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? Empty Re: What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on?

Post by coati mundi 02.04.17 23:09

sorry for the couple of typos above,

Activity : 237

Back to top Go down

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? Empty Re: What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on?

Post by petunia 02.04.17 23:47

Tracey at the SUN Seems to be very negative about Kate and Gerry just lately,she seems to be doing rupert and Clarence  no favours,LOL cheeky little bugger that Tracey and the source of the family.Hey Rupert what are you and Clarence up to???
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 03.04.17 0:46

I don't think there are any easy answers for them. I think if I was in their situation I would be thinking about the twins.

The family could perhaps move somewhere where most people haven't heard of them, if they have friends working in different hospitals around the world, maybe even change their names?

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 03.04.17 8:28

Thanks for an excellent OP.

snipped from it:

"If Snr Amaral does either try to get his book published in England, or even publish a second one, I suppose they could get back on the litigation train, but they might risk people (even the media?) getting tired of their endless hounding of their critics and attempted suppression of any alternative opinion."

A good point.   Mirage posted the other day to say that a lot of comments in one of the snoozepapers were making the point about trying to suppress opinion. 

People must be allowed to comment on what is freely available in the public domain without fear of being villified or threatened with action for doing so imo.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 03.04.17 8:59

There will always be unexpected twists and turns with this case and so anything could happen next, but one known is,  it will never go away. It is deeply embedded in the public psyche with the indelible stamp "Injustice" across it. This, make no mistake, is a taint. A taint on all those with guilt or guilty knowledge. Most particularly, it is a taint on the British establishment and justice system, for no matter how many times Mrs May, or future prime ministers, stand on the steps of Downing Street waxing lyrical about British values renowned throughout the world, the evidence surrounding the handling of this case points in the exact opposite direction.

With regard to the McCanns they have very thick skins but, over time, they will weaken. Through all the changing scenes of life etc ... their self-image will be weakened by doubt. Doubt about what is real and what is fake in attitudes towards them. Being unable to control how they are perceived will eat away at them. As the next generation pose difficult questions or impose distance, one way or another, they will be thrown in on themselves.

The McCanns are tied together inexorably in a living hell. I often think of them in relation to Jean Paul Sartre's play "Huis Clos" sometimes translated as No Exit. They are essentially stuck in a room together with no way out, taking a long time to realise they are in hell. As the famous quote goes: "L'enfer, c'est les autres".
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 03.04.17 9:09

suzyjohnson wrote:I don't think there are any easy answers for them. I think if I was in their situation I would be thinking about the twins.

They could perhaps move somewhere where most people haven't heard of them, if they have friends working in different hospitals around the world, maybe even change their names?

They​ don't​ appear to have​ thought​ about the twins and​ the damage this is doing​ to them for the past 10 years .

No evidence Madeleine​ has​ come to any​ harm is their mantra​ , do they include​ the twins in this​ as well ?

As for​ moving away , is there anywhere​ they are not known ? They've parked themselves​ on sofas​ and​ done interviews all over the place​ !

Public opinion of their " our lawyers​ are watching " malicious lies , don't dare disagree​ with us comments​ appear to turning more against them​ than feeling sorry​ for them .

People​ whether​ they​ go by what they read in the media , or have read​ the files don't​ take​ kindly​ to being told what they can or cannot read or think​ !

Activity : 2374

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.04.17 9:36

1. There will be a concerted effort to sway public opinion in their favour, PR campaigns, more media overkill. Hoping the result will be awards for Kate and a knighthood for Gerry.
or
2. Hubris.
I think it could go either way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.04.17 10:00

What's on the immediate horizon for the McCanns is they have come to the end of the road in a damages trial they themselves instigated in Portugal and now they have to pay up.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13372

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.04.17 10:26

Here is the latest update with regards to the 'libel trial' on the findmadeleine.com website.

I've underlined the part I find most interesting.

Updates

31 January, 2017 - Statement from Gerry and Kate Regarding Portuguese Supreme Court Ruling

What we have been told by our lawyers is obviously extremely disappointing.

It is eight years since we brought the action and in that time the landscape has dramatically changed, namely there is now a joint Metropolitan Police-Policia Judiciaria investigation which is what we've always wanted.

The police in both countries continue to work on the basis that there is no evidence that Madeleine has come to physical harm.

We will, of course, be discussing the implications of the Supreme Court ruling with our lawyers in due course.

Gerry and Kate

http://findmadeleine.com/updates/index.html

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 03.04.17 10:39

I think their plan is to keep the abduction narrative complete with swarthy pedo boogeymen in the media. Then when S.Y. announce they couldn't solve the case, the mythical fairytail abductor will still be in most people's minds as at least a possibility in this great mystery that even S.Y. couldn't solve.

Another possibility is that someone decides it's not necessary to protect the McCanns as much anymore and one of them or someone close to them is implicated in some way (maybe a bit of the truth, not all of it)  and then the saga ends that way.   I suppose it depends on what ( or whom) is being protected and if the trail that leads to it can be sufficiently obfuscated. 
I have wondered if the McCanns goal was to have as much time as possible bringing up their remaining children and when they are adults they may be willing to stop the charade and P.R. offensive that is protecting them?
  This would of course depend on what their true motivations are. Is the most important thing to cover up what happened at all costs and never be revealed to be the 'boogyman' -  or have a 'normal' life with your children?
    Judging by their attitude to their kids on that holiday, I'm not totally convinced their motivation is the 'normal life with kids' one.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 03.04.17 11:55

Sympathy for the McCann's dilemma is on the wane due to Dr. Amaral's victory, anger over the cost and failure of Grange (expect a Ben Needham conclusion - probably dead at the hands of unknown abductors) and Madeleine "fatigue". Most comments on MSM are in the vein "enough, tired of hearing about this, put it to bed now". I believe the McCs will turn to film as one last chance to replenish the coffers (under the guise of keeping up awareness) and to re- assert their version of the truth. They aren't stupid and must know if they don't do it, someone else soon will. They will agree to a major movie, based on themselves and their version of events. It will end with titles on the screen reading something like "Madeleine remains missing, her family continues to hope...". I  believe they will then move abroad for a while. That will attract attention at the time, mainly in the U.K, but gradually public interest on a large scale will fade. In another few years what happened in Praia de Luz will be old news. What is keeping it current is Op. Grange and the family's desire to court the media while the investigation was ongoing and while they hoped to "muzzle" Dr. Amaral. When Grange shuts up shop the story will be merely historical. For example, how many unconnected people today still remember or care about the Herald Of Free Enterprise tragedy or who was responsible? That's my depressing prediction.
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.04.17 12:25

Can you really imagine that your child goes missing and just about every continent has had a sighting?

Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 03.04.17 12:39

Many people have felt for many a day, the conclusion of the court proceedings McCann v. Amaral, would determine the future of Operation Grange and the McCanns campaign - a view I've always contested and have yet to see a valid explanation as to why the decision of a Lisbon court of law would have any bearing on a criminal investigation in progress in the UK.  It rather looks as though I and a few like minded folk were right in their train of thought.

The timing of the Lisbon Supreme Court ruling, the subsequent laughing stock rejection by the McCanns lawyer to annul the ruling and the forthcoming 10th anniversary are coincidental.  There can be no presumed connection.

Time will tell but the way things have gone so far, I anticipate another stay of execution for Operation Grange when the current extension concludes and so the circus will continue - the show must go on!  I'm thinking perhaps the likes of CMoMM and other dedicated justice seekers, have become the proverbial thorn in the side - they just ain't going to let this slide into oblivion.  Someone's got to keep up the pretence, the studio sofas are wearing a bit thin.

Talking of which, that recently reported bidding war for 10th anniversary McCann studio appearances, appears to be yet another media distraction - Tracey Kandohla I think.  Why would international media outlets be trying to out-bid to secure 'Britain's most wanted' McCann bums on seats?  The McCanns have been offered millions, so say a source close to the family but haven't agreed to any offers - and the Fund facing bankruptcy?  Whatever, the 10th anniversary will at least keep their profile up-front for a few more weeks, after that - we shall see!

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 03.04.17 12:49

The 10th anniversary pre-filmed interview was said to be organised with the help of Scotland Yard. Is that just spin? It's a pretty bold (and odd) claim to make for the spin merchants.
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 03.04.17 12:52

@Phoebe
 ''They will agree to a major movie, based on themselves and their version of events. ''

Why do I see Tom Cruise in the role of Gerry, definitely the recent scientology defending, sofa jumping, oddball Tom Cruise, not the 80s heart throb version. laughat
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 03.04.17 12:53

I can't see any tv company forking out millions to hear from the Mccanns, unless they are promising a Lance Armstrong style confession , that would be worth watching ! Why would anyone pay a fortune just to hear the Mccanns regurgitating their story, just because 10 years has passed?
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by JulieC 03.04.17 12:59

I often think about the twins. 2 at the time of the holiday and now 12.

They're reaching the interesting and somewhat difficult teenage years. Will they be happy to just accept the spin their parents put on the disappearance of their sister, or decide to look into it themselves?

I somehow hope it's the latter. Children are naturally very curious and there is an enormous amount of information out there about the case. I know that as a teenager I'd have gone against everything my parents told me was correct and looked into it myself. But maybe that's just me?

I agree with the thoughts given above of a room full of hell that they're all stuck in together. I wonder if the twins will want to stay in there or break free?
JulieC

Activity : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 03.04.17 13:02

ChippyM wrote:The 10th anniversary pre-filmed interview was said to be organised with the help of Scotland Yard. Is that just spin? It's a pretty bold (and odd) claim to make for the spin merchants.
I reckon so, yes.

It would be very strange indeed for the Metropolitan Police to be publicly involved with a a McCann PR stunt.

Was the claim ever supported by an official 'source', or was it only tabloid news?

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 03.04.17 13:04

Given Tom's lamentable attempts at an Irish accent in Far and Away (I think it was called) can't see him mastering Glaswegian. Ewan McGregor would be a much better bet, even looks a bit like Gerry  big grin
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.04.17 13:06

it's a bloody awful set of circumstances surrounding a three year old child.

I feel sick for her. The PR and media makes me vomit.

She was three years old.

Who is protecting these people?

Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 03.04.17 13:11

aquila wrote:it's a bloody awful set of circumstances surrounding a three year old child.

I feel sick for her. The PR and media makes me vomit.

She was three years old.

Who is protecting these people?

I 'think' we 'know' the WHO, the bigger 'question', for me, is.... 'WHY'?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpioeyes 03.04.17 13:18

Are you seriously asking 'why'??
scorpioeyes

Activity : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 03.04.17 13:20

Verdi wrote:
ChippyM wrote:The 10th anniversary pre-filmed interview was said to be organised with the help of Scotland Yard. Is that just spin? It's a pretty bold (and odd) claim to make for the spin merchants.
I reckon so, yes.

It would be very strange indeed for the Metropolitan Police to be publicly involved with a a McCann PR stunt.

Was the claim ever supported by an official 'source', or was it only tabloid news?

I know what you mean by an 'official source' BUT we do have 'this'

(earlier post by me)

What's going to be the MET/OG 'plan' now for the 'biggie' 10th anniversary, 'broadcast' they were/are 'planning'?

(Because Madeleine will NOT be 'found/appearing' BEFORE then.........will she, Nic?)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2876843/kate-gerry-mccann-cashing-in-anniversary-maddies-disappearance/

'UTTER RUBBISH' Kate and Gerry McCann slam claims they are plotting to make hundreds of thousands out of 10th anniversary of Maddie’s disappearance
The couple say they 'want to make it clear they are not making any money out of Madeleine's disappearance'
The couple are considering two pooled interviews in Britain, one for print through the country’s national agency Press Association and one for broadcasters.
Both are being organised through Scotland Yard, the couple’s spokesman Clarence Mitchell explained.
-----------------------------------

"BOTH are being organised through Scotland Yard"

So what, exactly, ARE SY 'organising', for the 10th anniversary of Madeleine's 'disappearance'?

Lots of 'organising' for 10th 'anniversary' by MET/SY for 'future'

NOT much 'cracking the case', BEFORE 'then', by MET/SY, it 'seems'!

'Nic's' '15 minutes' of 'fame'?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 03.04.17 13:28

Verdi wrote:
I reckon so, yes.

It was from Clarrie.   I don't see how he could get away with lying about this, I suppose he might consider it a useful angle to 'spin' round making it sound like S.Y. are arranging things because they are totally in support of what ever they say....rather than they glance over the script to make sure there's nothing there to make them look stupid.  Obviously S.Y. being made to look stupid, that would be a disaster  laughat

"The couple are considering two pooled interviews in Britain, one for print through the country’s national agency Press Association and one for broadcasters.
Both are being organised through Scotland Yard, Mitchell explained. He said: “There will be no fee.”
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2876843/kate-gerry-mccann-cashing-in-anniversary-maddies-disappearance/
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top