The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

‘Please help Luz’ plea as Madeleine circus descends on village again - Portugal Resident Mm11

‘Please help Luz’ plea as Madeleine circus descends on village again - Portugal Resident Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

‘Please help Luz’ plea as Madeleine circus descends on village again - Portugal Resident Mm11

‘Please help Luz’ plea as Madeleine circus descends on village again - Portugal Resident Regist10

‘Please help Luz’ plea as Madeleine circus descends on village again - Portugal Resident

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

‘Please help Luz’ plea as Madeleine circus descends on village again - Portugal Resident Empty ‘Please help Luz’ plea as Madeleine circus descends on village again - Portugal Resident

Post by Doug D 31.03.14 23:55

‘Please help Luz’ plea as Madeleine circus descends on village again

By NATASHA DONN
 news@algarveresident.com

‘As British television networks once again descend on Praia da Luz in the run-up to the seventh anniversary since Madeleine McCann went missing, a local resident has come out fighting.

“It’s time to turn things round,” she told us. “Every year it is the same … British journalists arrive and dredge up more nonsense about Luz. We are meant to be overrun with child molesters, burglars, homosexuals, Eastern European child-snatchers ... Whatever next? Will it be the Taliban?

“They are back again now and this time they have interviewed a homeless person and a ‘prophet’,” the long-term resident told us on Saturday. “They have paid for these interviews. Now, they are apparently looking for a well-known gay man.

“These are the stories the British newspapers are looking for! They are not interested in the views of the real people of Luz - all of whom are fed up to the back teeth with the village being shown in such a bad light.”
The "homeless person" - a "perfectly pleasant man, but never sober" - is not a representational figure of local residents, explained the woman, and the “prophet” is someone who wears a turban and “walks around with a pole with a light on the top of it”.

"Neither can be considered typical Luz residents, but nor are they in any way threats to the community," she added.
The expat woman, who asked not to be named as she has “no wish to be a hero”, said: "It is time Luz had a voice."

“Last year, when the news people were asking questions as they do every year, I went up to the interviewer and said I would like to say a word or two.
“I said I wanted to know why they weren’t interviewing the McCanns for gross negligence that had led to a fatal result. He just dropped me because they don’t want to hear anything like that. They only want to report about people they can label as "weirdos".

“Quite honestly, I feel it is time Luz turned round and sued the McCanns for slander.

“I would like to stand as a voice for Luz. Who will want to come here after all the negative publicity? The British newspapers paint the village as one full of terrible people. This is grotesquely unfair. It has got to stop!”
As is so often the case, concern over speaking out has left this voice of Luz for now unnamed. She told us “everyone feels the same” - and behind the scenes few would disagree.

A high-ranking staff member at Luz Ocean Club told the Resident earlier this year: “Luz has taken such a battering over the last seven years. It really is time to do something for this community - help it rally round.” But, like the anonymous "voice of Luz", the man asked not to be identified.

Meantime, the Ocean Club is one of the prime movers behind a community triathlon event planned later this month precisely to promote the picturesque village “before the holiday season gets underway”.

For more information see www.algarvetriathlons.com

http://portugalresident.com/‘please-help-luz’-plea-as-madeleine-“circus”-descends-on-village-again

So we've got 'The Prophet', The 'well known gay man' & 'The Homeless Person' to look forward to!
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

‘Please help Luz’ plea as Madeleine circus descends on village again - Portugal Resident Empty Re: ‘Please help Luz’ plea as Madeleine circus descends on village again - Portugal Resident

Post by Guest 01.04.14 0:16

Must be infuriating for the locals to have this bad stuff dripping out all the time.
I can't understand why they will not speak out though,or is this the newspapers way of printing how they feel about the case without having lawyers breathing down their neck?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

‘Please help Luz’ plea as Madeleine circus descends on village again - Portugal Resident Empty Re: ‘Please help Luz’ plea as Madeleine circus descends on village again - Portugal Resident

Post by Seek truth 01.04.14 6:09

She forgot to mention that the police were also made to look like idiots too.
Or maybe she hadn't heard that one.

But yep, they're so useless they don't know how to guard Praia da Luz, so keep away people! Because now more criminals will be going there because it's so easy to commit crime if they're useless. All these years.
How many people gave died there before, because they did a bad job?
If they're so rubbish, how comes the files were put online for everyone to see.
Seek truth

Activity : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 01.04.14 7:18

The trail of destruction the McCanns leave in their wake seems unending.

My very best wishes to Luz residents, I can only imagine what it must be like to have these constant invasions of the press.

Next time a resident is asked about creepy characters I'd advise them to answer that nobody as creepy and unsavoury as the journalists has ever been spotted.

roses 

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloptix 01.04.14 7:52

tigger wrote:The trail of destruction the McCanns leave in their wake seems unending.

My very best wishes to Luz residents, I can only imagine what it must be like to have these constant invasions of the press.

Next time a resident is asked about creepy characters I'd advise them to answer that  nobody as creepy and unsavoury as the journalists has ever been spotted.  

roses 

Apart from April/May 2007 when a group of British Healthcare Professionals arrived for fun and frolics, but went home one short.
 nah
pauloptix

Activity : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli 01.04.14 9:47

I feel for you.It is a disgrace that PDL is being painted in this way. Surely someone will put an end to these falsehoods.
mowgli

Activity : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.04.14 10:04

Why can't these residents speak up in numbers and with conviction. Tell the world so to speak. Surely they cant all be carter rucked in the sense that they are scared to speak out.

There livelihoods, businesses, reputations in ruins for nearly 7 years because of the 'Mcscam'.

If i had a business out there that was on the brink of bankruptcy due to the 'fake abduction' then i would be singing from the rooftops telling everyone what a crock it was.

Is there is a reason why the hundreds or thousands of people out there cant stand up together and fight this from their side to save their village.

Surely TM and CR can't sue everybody..... 

Or can they......
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 01.04.14 10:05

PdL.....a true village of the damned, a bit like this  " local town for local people".....[ check out the League of Gentlemen on youtube, the best, darkest, most brilliant UK comedy for years !]

‘Please help Luz’ plea as Madeleine circus descends on village again - Portugal Resident Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-z--oZ8g-xH9t6GwzPj97oTfut_36SWJTGdDg9I7bvGhmTfYR

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 01.04.14 10:06

Next time the residents are asked question they should tell the reporters to ask the mccanns or Mitchell,or better still tell them to f*** o*
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 01.04.14 10:44

mowgli wrote:I feel for you.It is a disgrace that PDL is being painted in this way. Surely someone will put an end to these falsehoods.
DCI Redwood has it in his power to stop the charade.
The McCanns can NEVER allow it to stop
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 01.04.14 11:06

PeterMac wrote:
mowgli wrote:I feel for you.It is a disgrace that PDL is being painted in this way. Surely someone will put an end to these falsehoods.
DCI Redwood really does need to call time on this whole shebang as SY are being made to look very foolish indeed by the former arquidoes.  For over 3 years they have been reviewing/investigating this case without any sign whatsoever of the McCanns' mysterious abductor and plenty of evidence to show that Madeleine died in the apartment.  The first 'lowly' Portuguese police who arrived at the scene knew that it was a staged abduction, and as you said in another post Peter, even a cursory glance at the facts makes it clear that an abduction simply wasn't possible in the circumstances described by the McCannns and their friends.  SY haven't stormed in and cleared up the mess left by the PJ as we were led to believe, 3 years on, it appears they are still chasing the same absurd theories put forward by the former suspects who have controlled and directed the media and police investigations into the disappearance of their daughter from day 1.  Someone really needs to have the political courage to tell the McCanns their time is up.

I really do feel for the people of PDL, the village has been accused of harbouring criminals who worked at the Ocean Club and perverts of every persuasion in their midst.  On the plus side, 7 years on with no sign of an abductor, I doubt anyone outside of TM believes the McCanns anymore and the people of the Village, like Goncalo Amaral, will be completely exonerated.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.04.14 11:21

In the UK we will have the usual MSM anniversary commentaries.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by columbostogeys 01.04.14 12:31

Cristobell wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
DCI Redwood really does need to call time on this whole shebang as SY are being made to look very foolish indeed by the former arquidoes.  For over 3 years they have been reviewing/investigating this case without any sign whatsoever of the McCanns' mysterious abductor and plenty of evidence to show that Madeleine died in the apartment.  The first 'lowly' Portuguese police who arrived at the scene knew that it was a staged abduction, and as you said in another post Peter, even a cursory glance at the facts makes it clear that an abduction simply wasn't possible in the circumstances described by the McCannns and their friends.  SY haven't stormed in and cleared up the mess left by the PJ as we were led to believe, 3 years on, it appears they are still chasing the same absurd theories put forward by the former suspects who have controlled and directed the media and police investigations into the disappearance of their daughter from day 1.  Someone really needs to have the political courage to tell the McCanns their time is up.

I really do feel for the people of PDL, the village has been accused of harbouring criminals who worked at the Ocean Club and perverts of every persuasion in their midst.  On the plus side, 7 years on with no sign of an abductor, I doubt anyone outside of TM believes the McCanns anymore and the people of the Village, like Goncalo Amaral, will be completely exonerated.
The McCanns have ruined their village. Who would want to go there or buy an apartment or even holiday there, with all this stuff in the press. Its nearly every day.

IF I was the residents I would get together and think about suing the McCanns because of their neglectful behaviour, it has bought a bad light to their lovely quiet village.

columbostogeys

Activity : 177

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 01.04.14 12:40

Cristobell wrote:. . . I doubt anyone outside of TM believes the McCanns anymore . . .
I seriously doubt whether even TM believe the McCanns.
Mitchell is too deeply embedded to be able to pull out now
All the close relatives, Mrs Healy, Philomena et al., went very quiet a long time ago
The Tapas group have said nothing since the rogatories
Carter-Ruck are strangely quiet since their full and frank admission, on the record, under oath in the High Court that even they had NO EVIDENCE of abduction - and by implication, since they were the closest confidants of the McCanns - there was none.
The Redwood Grange is now on record as saying that Madeline may not have left the apartment alive, AND that abduction was not necessarily what they were looking at

So who actually believes the McCanns ?

And if there are those who say they do,
which of the many versions do they believe
and how do they think it was done
and when
and by whom
and why ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 01.04.14 13:09

PeterM:
------------------------------------------------------

It is DCI Redwood that is PROMOTING the 'charade'!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 01.04.14 14:03

I know which couple I would prefer to share bottle of NZ white with... Edward and Tubbs every time !

‘Please help Luz’ plea as Madeleine circus descends on village again - Portugal Resident Edwardandtubbs                       
‘Please help Luz’ plea as Madeleine circus descends on village again - Portugal Resident Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfuq4wALHqvXamUDci6iopzXuz9Y8eZbu-fXGODYBsEimIZ5dO

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 01.04.14 14:17

Doug D wrote:‘Please help Luz’ plea as Madeleine circus descends on village again

By NATASHA DONN
 news@algarveresident.com

‘As British television networks once again descend on Praia da Luz in the run-up to the seventh anniversary since Madeleine McCann went missing, a local resident has come out fighting.

“It’s time to turn things round,” she told us. “Every year it is the same … British journalists arrive and dredge up more nonsense about Luz. We are meant to be overrun with child molesters, burglars, homosexuals, Eastern European child-snatchers ... Whatever next? Will it be the Taliban?

“They are back again now and this time they have interviewed a homeless person and a ‘prophet’,” the long-term resident told us on Saturday. “They have paid for these interviews. Now, they are apparently looking for a well-known gay man.

“These are the stories the British newspapers are looking for! They are not interested in the views of the real people of Luz - all of whom are fed up to the back teeth with the village being shown in such a bad light.”
The "homeless person" - a "perfectly pleasant man, but never sober" - is not a representational figure of local residents, explained the woman, and the “prophet” is someone who wears a turban and “walks around with a pole with a light on the top of it”.

"Neither can be considered typical Luz residents, but nor are they in any way threats to the community," she added.
The expat woman, who asked not to be named as she has “no wish to be a hero”, said: "It is time Luz had a voice."

“Last year, when the news people were asking questions as they do every year, I went up to the interviewer and said I would like to say a word or two.
“I said I wanted to know why they weren’t interviewing the McCanns for gross negligence that had led to a fatal result. He just dropped me because they don’t want to hear anything like that. They only want to report about people they can label as "weirdos".

“Quite honestly, I feel it is time Luz turned round and sued the McCanns for slander.

“I would like to stand as a voice for Luz. Who will want to come here after all the negative publicity? The British newspapers paint the village as one full of terrible people. This is grotesquely unfair. It has got to stop!”
As is so often the case, concern over speaking out has left this voice of Luz for now unnamed. She told us “everyone feels the same” - and behind the scenes few would disagree.

A high-ranking staff member at Luz Ocean Club told the Resident earlier this year: “Luz has taken such a battering over the last seven years. It really is time to do something for this community - help it rally round.” But, like the anonymous "voice of Luz", the man asked not to be identified.

Meantime, the Ocean Club is one of the prime movers behind a community triathlon event planned later this month precisely to promote the picturesque village “before the holiday season gets underway”.

For more information see www.algarvetriathlons.com

http://portugalresident.com/‘please-help-luz’-plea-as-madeleine-“circus”-descends-on-village-again

So we've got 'The Prophet', The 'well known gay man' & 'The Homeless Person' to look forward to!
Thanks for posting Doug, but it just occurred to me, why are the press gathering in PDL?  We are a few weeks away from the 7th anniversay.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 01.04.14 14:22

We havn't seen Kate or Gerry since crimewatch last year no sofa interviews,no newspaper or magazine interviews..the libel trial seems to have been abducted and Clareance is selling his soul to Brighton for a fiver a time, it will be interesting to see how much coverage the 7th anniversary is given not by the newspapers but by the news channels..
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 01.04.14 14:33

It seems Cuddlecat didn't get his annual airing at church on Mothering Sunday as no photos have appeared of the saintly one clutching a couple of daffodils given by her youngest daughter. 

Could it be the McCanns have reverted to atheism as their pact with the devils has failed to deliver all they wished for?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 01.04.14 14:45

I said I wanted to know why they weren’t interviewing the McCanns for gross negligence that had led to a fatal result. 

It is good that the local people are being vocal about this. The McCann's are keeping a distinctly low profile. 

They only want to report about people they can label as "weirdos".[/i]

Well, there are at least two people connected with the disappearance of Madeleine that fit that description. And they don't live anywhere near Luz.

Yes, ultima, it must be galling for the McCann's to have missed the Mothering Sunday photo opportunity outside the church with Cuddlecat. Perhaps Gerry's 'long term campaign' and 'wider agenda' are derailing, at long last.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 01.04.14 16:03

ultimaThule wrote:
Could it be the McCanns have reverted to atheism as their pact with the devils has failed to deliver all they wished for?
But as Dr Faustus discovered, a pact with the Devil one day has to be re-paid. And there is no way out.
They have had their 7 years of freedom, wealth beyond the Dreams of Avarice, their Fame, meetings with the great and the Good,
people hanging on their every word
and now it may be that their time of reckoning is coming.
And they know it.

Earth, gape! O no, it will not harbor me.
You stars that reigned at my nativity,
Whose influence hath allotted death and hell,
Now draw up Gerry like a foggy mist
Into the entrails of yon labouring cloud,
That when you vomit forth into the air
My limbs may issue from your smoky mouths,
So that my soul may but ascend to heaven.
. . .
O God, if thou wilt not have mercy on my soul,
. . .
Let Gerry live in hell a thousand years,
A hundred thousand, and at last be saved.
. . .
Cursed be the parents that engendered me:
No, Gerry, curse thy self, curse Lucifer,
That hath deprived thee of the joys of heaven.
. . .
My God, my God, look not so fierce on me!
. . .
Ugly hell gape not! Come not, Lucifer!
I’ll burn my books—ah, Mephistophilis!
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 01.04.14 16:26

If the wee one and his spouse were to live in hell for a thousand years x 1000 I very much doubt it would lead 'at last' to their salvation, PeterMac, and there's little to be gained for either of them in cursing the light bringer for that inherent darkness in their souls which they chose to make manifest and unleash on an unsuspecting world in defiance of all that is holy in the parent/child relationship.

When considering the McCanns, both as individuals and as a couple, it occurs to me that I can effortlessly exceed even Gerry's legendary contempt for others.  yes
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashwarya 01.04.14 19:12

columbostogeys wrote:
The McCanns have ruined their village. Who would want to go there or buy an apartment or even holiday there, with all this stuff in the press. Its nearly every day.

IF I was the residents I would get together and think about suing the McCanns because of their neglectful behaviour, it has bought a bad light to their lovely quiet village.

I love going there, I go every year now having seen it for the first time as a backdrop to the Kate 'n Gerry Show and thought how lovely it looked.

It is a fab place, the people are lovely and friendly, there is a great supermarket and restaurants and bars, and lovely apartments to rent.  What's not
to like?

The only thing that has ever disappointed me is that during our last visit the media were there interviewing people and we kept missing them.
I would have loved to have my twopenceworth about what I think went on in May 2007.

Mind you, not a bad idea to sue the McCanns........
Ashwarya
Ashwarya

Activity : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 01.04.14 19:57

columbostogeys wrote:
Cristobell wrote:
PeterMac wrote:

The residents of Luz stood shoulder to shoulder with the McCs in their hour of need despite the fact that many had serious misgivings about the entire affair from the start, but nonetheless the pair ensured that this lovely, friendly place was vilified at every opportunity.  Couples were divided on the subject of negligence or other guilt, yet the prevailing attitude in summer 2007 was that here was a British couple who needed help and support, and both were given unstintingly.  Many will have contributed finacially to "the fund" and/or given up their time to help in any way, believing that it would assist in helping locate the missing little one.  There was quite literally an outpouring of sympathy and support.

None would have forseen that salacious stories would be dredged up by the press year in, year out relentlessly.  Few will have any idea that the couple themselves have any involvement in feeding much of the lurid material to the ever willing media.  Bravo to the woman who suggested the media talk to the McCs about neglectful behaviour leading to tragic results and although this is one article which will never be syndicated, PDL and Algarve residents may be able to take some heart from the fact that this opinion has, at long last, made its way on to the printed page.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverspeed 01.04.14 21:09

So now we have  Homeless Man, Turban Man and Well Known Gay Man. Which one will be splashed all over the papers first I wonder?
Silverspeed
Silverspeed

Activity : 443

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top