The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? - Page 2 Mm11

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? - Page 2 Mm11

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? - Page 2 Regist10

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? - Page 2 Empty Re: What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on?

Post by plebgate 03.04.17 13:34

Will be interested to hear what Hobs makes of the two pooled interviews.

It will be a good topic as when they first started doing interviews and they were then linked to the forums we were all fascinated in watching their body language.
I don't think any of the posters were experts at it but some of the comments made a lot of sense to me.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? - Page 2 Empty Re: What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on?

Post by Jill Havern 03.04.17 13:36

jeanmonroe wrote:
Verdi wrote:
ChippyM wrote:The 10th anniversary pre-filmed interview was said to be organised with the help of Scotland Yard. Is that just spin? It's a pretty bold (and odd) claim to make for the spin merchants.
I reckon so, yes.

It would be very strange indeed for the Metropolitan Police to be publicly involved with a a McCann PR stunt.

Was the claim ever supported by an official 'source', or was it only tabloid news?

I know what you mean by an 'official source' BUT we do have 'this'

(earlier post by me)

What's going to be the MET/OG 'plan' now for the 'biggie' 10th anniversary, 'broadcast' they were/are 'planning'?

(Because Madeleine will NOT be 'found/appearing' BEFORE then.........will she, Nic?)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2876843/kate-gerry-mccann-cashing-in-anniversary-maddies-disappearance/

'UTTER RUBBISH' Kate and Gerry McCann slam claims they are plotting to make hundreds of thousands out of 10th anniversary of Maddie’s disappearance
The couple say they 'want to make it clear they are not making any money out of Madeleine's disappearance'
The couple are considering two pooled interviews in Britain, one for print through the country’s national agency Press Association and one for broadcasters.
Both are being organised through Scotland Yard, the couple’s spokesman Clarence Mitchell explained.
-----------------------------------

"BOTH are being organised through Scotland Yard"

So what, exactly, ARE SY 'organising', for the 10th anniversary of Madeleine's 'disappearance'?

Lots of 'organising' for 10th 'anniversary' by MET/SY for 'future'

NOT much 'cracking the case', BEFORE 'then', by MET/SY, it 'seems'!

'Nic's' '15 minutes' of 'fame'?
What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? - Page 2 Op_gra10

Maybe another age-progression image?

If anyone really thinks Grange is conducting a proper investigation, whilst dismissing the findings of Eddie and Keela, then why did they produce this image of a dead child on Crimewatch? How can a child look like that at age 9 if she died aged 3?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41723

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.04.17 13:38

Don't lose sight of the fact that the McCanns have lost a civil court battle and now are obliged to pay a lot of money.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13369

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 03.04.17 13:46

Cmaryholmes wrote:I can't see any tv company forking out millions to hear from the Mccanns, unless they are promising a Lance Armstrong style confession , that would be worth watching ! Why would anyone pay a fortune just to hear the Mccanns regurgitating their story, just because 10 years has passed?
There was a time when Clarrie said along the lines that there were film offers on the table and they wondered who would be chosen for the parts.  That was then - before the Supreme Court ruling which would have to be part of any film/tv production.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 03.04.17 13:51

Phoebe wrote:I believe the McCs will turn to film as one last chance to replenish the coffers (under the guise of keeping up awareness) and to re- assert their version of the truth. They aren't stupid and must know if they don't do it, someone else soon will. They will agree to a major movie, based on themselves and their version of events. It will end with titles on the screen reading something like "Madeleine remains missing, her family continues to hope...". I  believe they will then move abroad for a while. That will attract attention at the time, mainly in the U.K, but gradually public interest on a large scale will fade. In another few years what happened in Praia de Luz will be old news. What is keeping it current is Op. Grange and the family's desire to court the media while the investigation was ongoing and while they hoped to "muzzle" Dr. Amaral. When Grange shuts up shop the story will be merely historical. For example, how many unconnected people today still remember or care about the Herald Of Free Enterprise tragedy or who was responsible? That's my depressing prediction.

I don't think many people would watch a film about them now. 

I agree that articles about the McCanns will fade from the media though once Operation Grange ends, and it wouldn't surprise me if they did move abroad.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.04.17 13:54

There's no fund me option for the McCanns. Who is going to fund them?

The McCanns have had millions of pounds poured into a limited company and have never produced transparent accounts.

Despite the best efforts of the McCanns, and at times their 'close friends' with running marathons, doing a triathlon and turning up to become ambassadors, it doesn't wash with the general public.

The McCanns are up a gum tree.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 03.04.17 13:54

It wouldn't surprise me either if they went abroad. 

Easy to get work as a lecturing Professor in many countries I would imagine especially with the right connections.

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 03.04.17 14:06

plebgate wrote:It wouldn't surprise me either if they went abroad. 

Easy to get work as a lecturing Professor in many countries I would imagine especially with the right connections.

As qualified doctors they should both easily be able to find jobs abroad.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.04.17 14:15

t wouldn't surprise me either if they went abroad. 
suzyjohnson wrote:
plebgate wrote:

As qualified doctors they should both easily be able to find jobs abroad.
Qualified doctors of what?

You have one with a newly media spouted professorship and is heralded as saving the NHS millions and another one that hasn't been a GP for many years and hasn't renewed her licence to practice.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 03.04.17 14:31

plebgate wrote:It wouldn't surprise me either if they went abroad. 

Abroad would presumably be an option, Plebbers, although he would have to keep up research in order to be ahead of the field. His expertise covers a range of heart pathology such as aortic stenosis and pulmonary hypertension, his diagnostic expertise was clearly enhanced by his advancing the boundaries of magnetic resonance imaging.

His research and research papers continued from around 2004 through to, certainly 2016 when awarded a professorship. Of course, Amsterdam was part of this career path, although, if I have understood this correctly, it ended prematurely to return home for the birth of the twins following IVF in Amsterdam. All of which is a strangely planned juxtaposition when you think about it.

I believe research programmes such as those he has undertaken require sponsorship and big funding - though that should present no problem as there is unparallelled expertise in that direction!

His main problem will probably lie in remaining relevant over time, with the risk of being overtaken in current research if he goes on the lecture only circuit.

The other issue would concern his wife who is  no longer current within the medical world. That would take some thinking about, I would imagine. And then there are the twins.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Patience 03.04.17 14:38

If they do move abroad, I think Canada would be their #1 destination. 

No language barrier to overcome and of course Auntie Nora lives there.
Patience
Patience

Activity : 257

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 03.04.17 15:31

scorpioeyes wrote:Are you seriously asking 'why'??

Yes, I am. (asking why, they are possibly 'being protected')

I would be certainly be most interested in WHY you 'think' they are being 'protected'.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by coati mundi 03.04.17 15:57

I forgot to say in my original post that the anniversary and any attempt to exploit have their own potential problems.

The McCanns would, in my opinion, obviously want to cash in bigtime - in fact they might desperately need to. The problem might be that if they are seen to shamelessly milk it, it could be very counter-productive. What would they say they needed the money for? To pay Goncalo Amaral's costs. Well, they brought that on themselves. To help fund "Find Madaleine? That might provoke questions as how funds have been spent to that end so far.

I'm sure that any interview that might be a big fundraiser would be tightly controlled, so it's almost certain that no light might be shed there. There is always the possibility, from past form, that they might indulge in a bit more "backfitting" that might make their version even more contradictory than it already is. 

Re: the "no evidence she has been harmed" mantra, I would hope that an interviewer would make my point that being missing without trace for 10 years IS EVIDENCE that someone has come to harm, if not proof, though I feel that is a vain hope.

All in my opinion, of course, and still hoping for justice.

By the way, how do I add a saying or motto at the end of my posts?
coati mundi

Activity : 237

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 03.04.17 16:01

jeanmonroe wrote:
I know what you mean by an 'official source' BUT we do have 'this'

(earlier post by me)

What's going to be the MET/OG 'plan' now for the 'biggie' 10th anniversary, 'broadcast' they were/are 'planning'?

(Because Madeleine will NOT be 'found/appearing' BEFORE then.........will she, Nic?)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2876843/kate-gerry-mccann-cashing-in-anniversary-maddies-disappearance/

'UTTER RUBBISH' Kate and Gerry McCann slam claims they are plotting to make hundreds of thousands out of 10th anniversary of Maddie’s disappearance
The couple say they 'want to make it clear they are not making any money out of Madeleine's disappearance'
The couple are considering two pooled interviews in Britain, one for print through the country’s national agency Press Association and one for broadcasters.
Both are being organised through Scotland Yard, the couple’s spokesman Clarence Mitchell explained.
-----------------------------------

"BOTH are being organised through Scotland Yard"

So what, exactly, ARE SY 'organising', for the 10th anniversary of Madeleine's 'disappearance'?

Lots of 'organising' for 10th 'anniversary' by MET/SY for 'future'

NOT much 'cracking the case', BEFORE 'then', by MET/SY, it 'seems'!

'Nic's' '15 minutes' of 'fame'?
Ah, as I suspected - Kandohla to the rescue.

Strip the article of all it's finery and what's left to ponder..

He told The Sun Online: “They want to make it clear that they are not making any money out of Madeleine’s disappearance. Any claims are spurious nonsense but fits in with the Portuguese agenda.”

Mitchell said: “Kate and Gerry have not decided on any media interviews surrounding the anniversary yet but if any deal is done it will be extremely limited and no payment will be involved.

Both are being organised through Scotland Yard, Mitchell explained. He said: “There will be no fee.”
----------

To be or not to be - that is the question.

Mitchell's words are contradictory.  "The couple are considering two pooled interviews"......  "Both are being organised through Scotland Yard".

So what's the score here?  The McCanns are considering at the same time as Scotland Yard are organising - what happens if the McCanns decline to accept?

Lest we forget - 'Clarence Mitchell lies with as many teeth as he has in his mouth'.  I think someone in the past has prepared a comprehensive list of Mitchell bloopers, he certainly made some corkers!

ETA:  Unless of course it turns out to be a Crimewatch type Madeleine McCann Special Update.

Perhaps Richard D Hall should have waited until after the 10th anniversary to release his latest video winkwink .

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 03.04.17 16:19

Both are being organised through Scotland Yard, Mitchell explained. He said: “There will be no fee.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Could somebody 'explain' to me, in plain English, WHY are SY 'organising' ANYTHING for 4 'weeks' HENCE?

And WHY have SY been 'organising', SINCE February 16th 2017, UK wide National 'press and broadcast releases' for 3rd May 2017.

Talk about 'forward planning'!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.04.17 16:22

Underneath all of this is a little three year old who is more than likely dead.

Clarence Mitchell claims the perfect campaign and went to Australia to educate people on PR perfection.

Then there was the claim in Australia that the tenth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann was open to bidding.

Do they really care about a three year old?

The perfect campaign makes me ill to think that these people have achieved nothing other than to gain pay cheques.

Forgive me for feeling so sad that the life of a three year old little girl has been trashed. I can't imagine being dependent upon these 'experts' who have done nothing for my daughter.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.04.17 16:24

I don't get why SY are organising media interviews.

I just don't get it.

Unless there is some kind of collusion going on.

Or Maybe SY actually want to interview Kate and then interview Gerry? 

That's two interviews.

SY could legitimately organise that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by coati mundi 03.04.17 16:38

I don't believe for a moment that SY are organising any interviews with the McCanns, unless they want to make themselves look even worse incompetents than they already are. I think it was Clarrie spin to fob off an at the time embarrassing line of enquiry.

What are they going to say? "Well Kate and Gerry, what do you think about the fact that we have spent £15 million and we are not even a millimetre closer to finding out what happened to your daughter? But we do have a suspect that the Portuguese police have already interviewed and cleared, as he was far away from the Ocean Club when Madeleine was "taken". What do you reckon?"

All in my opinion, of course.
coati mundi

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 03.04.17 16:51

coati mundi wrote:I don't believe for a moment that SY are organising any interviews with the McCanns, unless they want to make themselves look even worse incompetents than they already are. I think it was Clarrie spin to fob off an at the time embarrassing line of enquiry.

What are they going to say? "Well Kate and Gerry, what do you think about the fact that we have spent £15 million and we are not even a millimetre closer to finding out what happened to your daughter? But we do have a suspect that the Portuguese police have already interviewed and cleared, as he was far away from the Ocean Club when Madeleine was "taken". What do you reckon?"

All in my opinion, of course.
Scotland Yard gave a personal audience to Summers and Swan who penned a book that promoted the abduction/the McCanns are innocent theory.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by coati mundi 03.04.17 20:09

How did that conversation go? Something like...

S&S- Can you tell us what Operation Grange has done so far?

SY - Well, we've spent millions of pounds, we've dug a few holes in Portugal and found a sock, Oh, we've also pursued some leads on people who have either died, or had already been interviewed by the Portuguese police and cleared. Er, that's it.
coati mundi

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 03.04.17 20:24

I just did a search for Britain's got talent after watching a video mentioning it.

It looks like we will have a tear-jerking talent show for May...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4178558/Kate-McCann-hopes-win-Britain-s-Got-Talent.html

I just feel sorry for all the other people taking part. I certainly wouldn't be a part of it.

eta  Quotes from the video by Echo Truths..

grandad pete22 months ago
Please be aware that Kate McCann is NOT INVOLVED, nor ever likely to be, with The Missing People Choir. The choir is trying hard to promote awareness of the charity Missing People and the support it gives to families who have loved-ones missing. I repeat, Kate McCann is NOT involved with the choir. PLEASE do not allow this false association influence you if you vote for an act in the competition.

What now for the McCanns? How will the circus go on? - Page 2 Photo

Echo Truths2 months ago
Why is it all over the place then that she is involved?

The SUN 'suggested' her involvement to raise its story's profile. Sun's story gets copied everywhere! If you go back to the online reports now, you should find that some have altered their text, for example 'ambassador for the choir' has now been changed to 'ambassador for the charity', and 'is' changed to 'may be' etc. She has NO involvement with the choir.... I know because I am a member of the choir!

end of quotes.

Kate and family may or may not be part of the choir but I think she could well be given a spot to speak on the show. She is associated with the event as she is an ambassador for Missing People.

Activity : 953

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 03.04.17 22:25

I wonder if there will be 'expenses' or maybe a 'donation' as opposed to a fee to the couple?

Why would they be organized through Scotland Yard when it is the choice of the mccanns to make said interviews?

Is this trying the mccann looking officially innocent/cleared of involvement  according to Scotland Yard when legally the |Portuguese Supreme Court made it clear the mccanns had not been cleared of involvement.

Remember with the mccanns it is all about image and reputation.
Smoke and mirrors.

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 03.04.17 22:55

Hobs wrote:I wonder if there will be 'expenses' or maybe a 'donation' as opposed to a fee to the couple?

Why would they be organized through Scotland Yard when it is the choice of the mccanns to make said interviews?

Is this trying the mccann looking officially innocent/cleared of involvement  according to Scotland Yard when legally the |Portuguese Supreme Court made it clear the mccanns had not been cleared of involvement.

Remember with the mccanns it is all about image and reputation.
Smoke and mirrors.
Nail on the head Hobs.
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 03.04.17 23:44

whatsupdoc wrote:I just did a search for Britain's got talent after watching a video mentioning it.

It looks like we will have a tear-jerking talent show for May...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4178558/Kate-McCann-hopes-win-Britain-s-Got-Talent.html

I just feel sorry for all the other people taking part. I certainly wouldn't be a part of it.

eta  Quotes from the video by Echo Truths..

Please be aware that Kate McCann is NOT INVOLVED, nor ever likely to be, with The Missing People Choir. The choir is trying hard to promote awareness of the charity Missing People and the support it gives to families who have loved-ones missing. I repeat, Kate McCann is NOT involved with the choir. PLEASE do not allow this false association influence you if you vote for an act in the competition.

Echo Truths2 months ago
Why is it all over the place then that she is involved?

The SUN 'suggested' her involvement to raise its story's profile. Sun's story gets copied everywhere! If you go back to the online reports now, you should find that some have altered their text, for example 'ambassador for the choir' has now been changed to 'ambassador for the charity', and 'is' changed to 'may be' etc. She has NO involvement with the choir.... I know because I am a member of the choir!

end of quotes.

Kate and family may or may not be part of the choir but I think she could well be given a spot to speak on the show. She is associated with the event as she is an ambassador for Missing People.
so a member of the choir is not happy with Kates(not Kate and Gerrys) involement? no doubt they will be called a fu*ing tosser and I see PAM has got her tuppance one in by saying  my lovely Kate may not be part of the choir but she could be given a spot to speak.how about giving Kerry a spot to speak.
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 04.04.17 10:57

Agreed. What about everyone of the choir being given time to tell their stories. It's all very one-sided in our face all the time.

Quote...

Mrs McCann shared the stage at the Corinthia Hotel with Ros Hodgkiss, whose 14-year-old daughter Alice was found dead in September 2014 after she went missing for five weeks.
Together, the mothers - united it grief over the loss of their daughters - highlighted the plight of 140,000 youngsters who go missing in Britain each year.
Mrs McCann then made an impromptu speech in which she urged the public to give their support.
'When my little girl first disappeared, on that horrendous night that changed our lives forever, I could never have imagined that nearly 10 years later we would still be in the same position.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4178558/Kate-McCann-hopes-win-Britain-s-Got-Talent.html#ixzz4dGwJOaVX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

End of quote

I think it's disgraceful how the McCanns hang on to all the other parents who's children have gone missing.

Gerry tried to plan a big event in 2007 for 2008 but it didn't materialise. He also said the long term plan looked good (or words to that effect) so the McCanns did expect the scenario to drag on for a very long time. We can add this to the list of lies.

How much time and money is spent on each of all the other missing persons?

Why has so much time and money been spent on the McCanns when there has been no proof of an abduction?

Has Missing Persons found anyone?

Activity : 953

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top