The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Memories from  3As - Where's everyone now? Mm11

Memories from  3As - Where's everyone now? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Memories from  3As - Where's everyone now? Mm11

Memories from  3As - Where's everyone now? Regist10

Memories from 3As - Where's everyone now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Memories from  3As - Where's everyone now? Empty Memories from 3As - Where's everyone now?

Post by HiDeHo 25.01.17 4:08

Everyone that has been studying the case since the beginning will remember 3As Forum.  Thanks to Steve Marsden for reuploading the forum as it was in May 2008.

Apart from the occasional glitch most of the threads and forums are still readable in their original format.  Names that bring back memories are in abundance...

bjr and nbrado were the admins at the time.  There was a lot of disruption from a certain member that we have since discovered had 20 -30 different profiles. (and is likely still active today).

Towards the end there were many 'mods' that jumped ship and can still be read today in their 'pro forums'.  I was a mod (that stayed) and was there at the 'end' when bjr made the decision to hand it to Beawolf, who was willing and technically able to look after the forum.  Unfortunately his personal life meant he was unable to continue with the forum and it eventually was taken offline. (I have heard other versions but I spoke directly with Beawulf during this time)

Prior to that Jill had opened this forum and the rest is history.  Thanks Jill :)

The Three Arguidos Forum

http://3as.madeleinemccann.org/viewforum.php?f=20&sid=4dd431e0a846f9154a54ed2681af229d

• The Three Arguidos Forum

• Forum
      Topics

• Memories from  3As - Where's everyone now? Admin1[ltr]Announcements from Admin[/ltr]
      ** UPDATE ** 

We are pleased to reopen to guests the following forums.

Lounge/What are you talking about
      Justice for Madeleine
      Maddy - Reference Forum and Investigations
      Translations by Ozzy, Astro and Li

PLEASE NOTE - This Forum is a reconstruction of the Forum as it was on May 30, 2008.
      No new registrations are accepted. The Forum is READ-ONLY and is for historic purposes only!
      12Topics
      72Posts
      [size]Last postby [ltr]Goretti[/ltr] [ltr]Memories from  3As - Where's everyone now? Icon_topic_latest[/ltr] 
      Thu May 15, 2008 12:27 am
      [/size]
    • [ltr]Lounge/What are you talking about[/ltr]
      Introduce yourself and have a general conversation. What are you talking about today?
      1400Topics
      35397Posts
      [size]Last postby [ltr]NeverPebbles[/ltr] [ltr]Memories from  3As - Where's everyone now? Icon_topic_latest[/ltr] 
      Fri May 30, 2008 4:53 pm
      [/size]
    • [ltr]Justice for Madeleine[/ltr]
      Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss
      9656Topics
      300230Posts
      [size]Last postby [ltr]Tigger[/ltr] [ltr]Memories from  3As - Where's everyone now? Icon_topic_latest[/ltr] 
      Fri May 30, 2008 5:00 pm
      [/size]
    • [ltr]Maddy - Reference Forum and Investigations[/ltr]
      Reference Forum for all information regarding translations and PT Law etc and other useful information.
      112Topics
      29204Posts
      [size]Last postby [ltr]HawkEyes1[/ltr] [ltr]Memories from  3As - Where's everyone now? Icon_topic_latest[/ltr] 
      Fri May 30, 2008 7:09 am
      [/size]
    • [ltr]Translations by Ozzy, Astro and Li[/ltr]
      Translations can be found here from Ozzy, Astro and Li. A big thank you to all the translators from Admin, Mods and Members.
      179Topics
      453Posts
      [size]Last postby [ltr]fedrules[/ltr] [ltr]Memories from  3As - Where's everyone now? Icon_topic_latest[/ltr] 
      Thu May 29, 2008 8:42 am
      [/size]

Lots of memories...  Remember this guy?  Cabo Frio :) Famous for his hamburger stand  and more, and tolerated on the forum because well... he was Cabo Frio!  (Apparently still around)

Memories from  3As - Where's everyone now? 191_ca10

Some of the names Sentinal (his avatar was Gerry with a fridge) gestalt (known for the copy we have today of the Last Picture) The Author, and many more that are still on this forum today.

Who can you remember?  If you go to this link on the Justice for Madeleine forum you can search for YOUR name or any others and see all of the posts that have been long forgotten!

Justice for Madeleine

http://3as.madeleinemccann.org/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=fa7492db59a96a585b9bb6287015c4e4

You may prefer to just browse through some of the old threads... (occasionally will not open page, try clicking 'next' button instead of page number)

Would love to hear some of the memories or the threads that were of particular interest..

Thanks again to Steve Marsden for making this possible.
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Memories from  3As - Where's everyone now? Empty gestalt

Post by Tony Bennett 25.01.17 10:00

HiDeHo wrote:Everyone that has been studying the case since the beginning will remember 3As Forum. Thanks to Steve Marsden for reuploading the forum as it was in May 2008.

Apart from the occasional glitch most of the threads and forums are still readable in their original format.  Names that bring back memories are in abundance...

Lots of memories...  

Some of the names Sentinal (his avatar was Gerry with a fridge) gestalt (known for the copy we have today of the Last Picture)...
Hmmm, 'gestalt'...

I joined 3As in late 2008 after many 3As members asked if I could join, after the Madeleine Foundation website was set up in August that year with the lead article titled:'30 Reasons..'

Brenda Ryan was most reluctant to have me as a member and warned me that if I joined, I would be 'out' if I was ever 'out of order'.

A few months later, a poster ('blackmith' in case anyone's interested) raised this question:

Why do gestalt's posts get up people's noses so much?

I answered with this:

REPLY: I'm not sure if it's permitted under the rules of this forum to even answer that question, but in the hope that it is allowed, here are my personal answers: 

* An attitude that comes across as 'if I say it, you can take it from me that it's true'

* Impatience with those who question his statements

* Only having worked in forensic toxicology 30 years ago and then only for one year

* Being unable to demonstrate up-to-date familiarity with the latest DNA techniques

* Using the word 'we' in one post raising a very definite suspicion that he has some kind of direct contact with the McCann investigation (coupled with an earlier admission that he was 'in contact' with the FSS - apologies however if I got that last bit wrong)

* A readiness to heap blame on Amaral and Carlos and exonerate the FSS, when there are a great many reasons for examining very closely the FSS's surprising change of stance during August/September

* Failing to answer some reasonable questions put to him

----------------

I think actually that 'gestalt' may have been female - and there was always a lingering suspicion that s/he was very close to the McCann camp.

P.S. @ HideHo, please reply to my last post on this thread:
https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t12958p400-the-mystery-of-the-make-up-photo-was-it-taken-on-the-same-day-as-the-last-photo#354584

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Memories from  3As - Where's everyone now? Empty Re: Memories from 3As - Where's everyone now?

Post by HiDeHo 25.01.17 14:46

FYI, these are the posts that mentioned  'gestalt'

Search found 623 matches: 

[ltr]+gestalt[/ltr]

http://3as.madeleinemccann.org/search.php?keywords=gestalt

http://3as.madeleinemccann.org/search.php?keywords=bennett
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Memories from  3As - Where's everyone now? Empty Re: Memories from 3As - Where's everyone now?

Post by plebgate 25.01.17 14:54

I think I am right in saying that gestalt posted one time to say along the lines that our computers could be hacked even when they were turned off.  I know that made me wonder whether gestalt was part of Team McCann and whether it was meant to put posters off asking questions.

Apologies to gestalt if I am incorrect but I am pretty sure I am not.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 26.01.17 0:45

plebgate wrote:I think I am right in saying that gestalt posted one time to say along the lines that our computers could be hacked even when they were turned off.  I know that made me wonder whether gestalt was part of Team McCann and whether it was meant to put posters off asking questions.

Apologies to gestalt if I am incorrect but I am pretty sure I am not.
y

Its been admitted by the manufacturers of, especially "smart devices" they can be turned on and off remotely. I had a whole folder of pictures on my tablet that have been taken remotely from hackers all over the world! This is why i cover all cameras now with stickers unless i want to take my own pics. Backdoors are trying to remotely hack 24/7. I worked in IT so can navigate it all ok, but its the next generation is my worry, they think nothing of putting their children's photos all over the web. Not the best idea really

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 28.01.17 23:30

Thanks for info. RR.  I agree about people putting pics of their children online - not  good idea at all.

Back when we were being told that we could be hacked even when we had logged out most of us had tower computers, not many lap tops etc. and I believe many of us could only just about turn on the computer and type and send.   (not that I am that much better now), so for many I think it did make them nervy that they could be tracked down for posting and asking questions.

That was my take on it and it did make me wonder why someone would post that it could be done at that time.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top