The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Scotland Yard to investigate Robert Murat again. - Page 4 Mm11

Scotland Yard to investigate Robert Murat again. - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Scotland Yard to investigate Robert Murat again. - Page 4 Mm11

Scotland Yard to investigate Robert Murat again. - Page 4 Regist10

Scotland Yard to investigate Robert Murat again.

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

solved Re: Scotland Yard to investigate Robert Murat again.

Post by stillsloppingout 20.11.14 12:55

Daryl Dixon wrote:
BlueBag wrote:Why did Jane Tanner and others (Rachel?) try and stitch him up if he was in on it?

Maybe JT and the others didn't know 'he was in on it' and just told the PJ what they saw?

Edited to add: my thinking is that the Tapas group were unaware of what was happening.

Probably true i would add were not fully up to speed on what was happening , RM would have been a useful patsy [ why do you think they used the Maddie pic with the football [ Everton ] shirt on ? . It was to mirror Holly and Jessica's [ soham ] Man Utd kit pictures , and further 'LIKEN " Murat with Huntley .
There is an awful lot of subtle sh** that is going on . including there shaping of the media by reading these fora , and planting stuff to counter . or confuse .

RM should come clean , hold a press conference , Lawyered up and speak . as i have said if not why not ?.
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 20.11.14 15:02

Tony Bennett wrote:
BlueBag wrote:Why did Jane Tanner and others (Rachel?) try and stitch him up if he was in on it?
The facts are these.

Robert Murat was indeed 'stitched up' by:

1. Jane Tanner on 13 May (she ID'd Murat who walked by a police van she was sitting in)

2. Rachael Oldfield
3. Fiona Payne
4. Russell O'Brien - all on (if memory serves) 15 & 16 May

Arguably he was also 'stitched up' by:

5. MI5/British police profilers, who told Goncalo Amaral that Murat 'fitted the profile of the abductor 90%' (all set out in Amaral's book, 'The Truth About A Lie')

6. Control Risks Group and
7. Detective Superintendent Bob Small - both of whom advised and spoke to Jane Tanner in the hours before she ID'd Murat (who looked nothing like her initial description of the abductor on 4 May and nothing like Melissa Little's later drawing of 'Tannerman')

8. Lori Campbell of the Mirror and the Independent and
9. Clarence Mitchell, then the Head of the government's Media Monitoring Unit - both of whom pointed the finger at Murat in the early days

10.)
11.)
12.) At least five other people who in the months to come were to claim that they had also seen Murat 'hanging around the Ocean Club' late on
13.) 3 May
14.)   

That's one heck of a lot of people who 'stitched up' Murat.

Now look back for a moment at Nos. 1, 2, 3, 4, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 above - NINE people.

All of these, one way or another, sooner or later, retracted their identifications of Murat.

These retractions cam over a period of months after the 'high summit' meeting between the Murat Team and the McCann Team at Salsalitas, the Burgau villa of Ralph & Sally Eveleigh, Murat's uncle and aunt, when Robert Murat and his mother squared up to Brian Kennedy, each flanked by their respective lawyers, Francisco Pagarete and high-ranking Freemason Edward Smethurst.

That was on 13 November 2007.

Look at the press reports from 1 January 2008 onwards, and you'll see how Nos. 1 to 4 and Nos. 10 to 14 all came out, sometimes via sources or spokesmen, to say things like 'I think I mistook Angus Symington/David Payne (take your pick) for Robert Murat'. The British press were helpfully provided by sources with photos of Symington and Payne looking as alike as possible to Robert Murat.

Who were those sources? 

Within the story of the 'stitching-up' of Murat, and then the sudden change of tack after the 'high noon' summit in the Eveleighs' villa, lies one of the keys to this mystery.

@ BlueBag    You asked:  "Why did Jane Tanner and others (Rachael?) try and stitch him up if he was in on it?@

REPLY: I don't yet know.

But I believe what I described above suggests a deliberate plan to get him named as a suspect, orchestrated by the British security services 
Is there anything that indicates that R.M could be a Mason Bro. ?

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 20.11.14 18:47

Tony Bennett wrote:
The facts are these.

Robert Murat was indeed 'stitched up' by:

1. Jane Tanner on 13 May (she ID'd Murat who walked by a police van she was sitting in)

2. Rachael Oldfield
3. Fiona Payne
4. Russell O'Brien - all on (if memory serves) 15 & 16 May

Arguably he was also 'stitched up' by:

5. MI5/British police profilers, who told Goncalo Amaral that Murat 'fitted the profile of the abductor 90%' (all set out in Amaral's book, 'The Truth About A Lie')

[...]]

Let's try and stick to facts. The 'profilers' were sent to PdL by CEOP headed by Jim Gamble.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicky87 20.11.14 19:08

BBC site thinks Murat is being spoken to as a witness, not a suspect

Portuguese police investigating the disappearance of British girl Madeleine McCann are to question former suspect Robert Murat, the BBC has learned.

A source close to the case has told the BBC that Mr Murat, one of 11 people being interviewed by officers in Portugal, will be treated as a witness.

He has always denied any involvement in the disappearance and said that his conscience "is clear".

Madeleine was three when she went missing in Praia da Luz in May 2007.

Mr Murat was the first person to be declared a suspect or 'arguido' in the investigation and was later cleared by police in Portugal.

He won substantial damages from various media organisations and has always denied any involvement in Madeleine's disappearance.

'Conscience clear'

Speaking to the BBC from the Algarve, Mr Murat said neither he nor his lawyer had received a formal request to appear, but said he "would do so freely".

He said: "My conscience is clear and I have no problem speaking to the police again."

Mr Murat's wife has also been listed as one of the four witnesses the Metropolitan Police wish to have questioned regarding Madeleine's disappearance.

Four of the 11 speaking to police are being interviewed as witnesses and seven as 'arguidos' - a status in the Portuguese judicial system referring to individuals whom police may reasonably suspect are linked to a crime.

Robert Murat Mr Murat and his wife are understood to be due to speak to police
British detectives had been scheduled to fly out to observe the questioning next week, but this was postponed on Tuesday night, believed to be due to legal technicalities.

British police can sit in on the interviews but are not allowed to ask direct questions.

In June, Portuguese and British police searched three sites in the Algarve resort but found no evidence relating to the case.

The following month, four suspects, all Portuguese citizens, were questioned by Portuguese detectives in Faro but this led to no new developments.

The interviews were observed by officers from the Met Police, which is conducting its own investigation.

The McCann family were staying in an apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz when Madeleine went missing. Her parents had been at a restaurant near their apartment that evening.

The Met launched a fresh investigation into Madeleine's disappearance, codenamed Operation Grange, in July 2013.

The request to interview the 11 people of interest comes from Letters of International Request submitted to Portugal's Attorney General by British detectives from the operation.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "Scotland Yard is not prepared to provide a running commentary."
Vicky87

Activity : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 20.11.14 19:54

Daily Express

Expat Robert Murat: Maddy police wanting to interview me is ‘fantasy land’
BUSINESSMAN Robert Murat yesterday dismissed claims he is set to be interviewed again about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann as “fantasyland.”

By: Gerard Couzens, Tracey Kandohla and John Twomey
Published: Thu, November 20, 2014

Robert Murat today in Praia de Luz
The British-born property developer insisted he has had no advanced warning of a proposed witness interview next week.
Mr Murat spoke after a leading Portuguese newspaper alleged Scotland Yard detectives have requested for him to be re-interviewed.
Detectives first questioned him after three-year-old Madeleine vanished from the family apartment in a holiday resort in Praia da Luz on the Algarve in 2007.
At the time, Portuguese police officials described him as an arguido or “suspect”. But he was never arrested or charged with any offence.
After months of protesting his innocence, his arguido status was removed in 2008.
Yesterday he said: “At the moment, the situation is I haven’t been informed about anything. I really can’t say anything about it.
“All I know is I haven’t had anything official. No comment. It’s all just fantasy land.”
Francisco Pagarete, Mr Murat’s lawyer, said he was aware of the Portuguese newspaper report.
He added: “My client has not received anything from the authorities.”

Robert Murat was quizzed after 2007 disappearance of Madeleine
"All I know is I haven’t had anything official it’s all just fantasy land."

The Jornal de Noticias claimed Mr Murat is named on a list of witnesses whom Scotland Yard has asked the Portuguese police to interview again.
Yard detectives have sat in on interviews as part of Operation Grange – the Metropolitan Police’s multi-million pound investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance.
After Yard officers supervised the digging up of areas around the holiday resort, Mr Murat said: “Unfortunately, I’ll always be linked to it.
“It’s always going to have an effect on me because peoples’s opinions of what happened are so varied. I was cleared of everything right back in 2008 but the fact is that in some people’s mind there’s still going to be a link.
“So finding out the truth of what happened will conclusively take me out of that.
“It’s really important that something does happen and they do find out what happened.”
Mr Murat, 40, who grew up in Devon, lives in Lagos, a 10-minute drive from Praia da Luz. He has previously said that he should be re-quizzed by police.
He said: “They need to speak to everybody, including myself. I have no problem with that whatsoever. And they need to get the Portuguese involved in a much more constructive way.
“To get somewhere now, they need to have a joint team working here together in Praia da Luz.”
Yesterday, a Scotland Yard spokesman declined to comment on the article in the Jornal de Noticias.
He said: “We refuse to give a running commentary.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/537588/Robert-Murat-Madeleine-McCann-police-interview

Why does he want to be questioned by police if he was "cleared" and have no information to tell?

NickE

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 20.11.14 21:58

Murata IS a witness. At the very least, he saw the aftermath of the disappearance and even interpreted for some of the tapas members. The finger of guilt was also pointed at him by some of these people. It will be a travesty is he isn't interviewed as part of any new investigation. Same goes for the tapas 9 and people like Jez Wilkins and Bridget O'Donnell.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

solved FromTwitter - Neatly put !

Post by PeterMac 20.11.14 22:36

"If back in 2007 the smell of death had been detected in Murat's home, car and on his clothing would he be a free man right now  ? "

Well, Kate ?  What do you think. You wanted to Kill him, published that to the world, and so far as anyone knows you have never apologised or tried to resile from that position.
From which we assume your Fatwah still holds . . . ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 20.11.14 22:43

NickE wrote:Why does he want to be questioned by police if he was "cleared" and have no information to tell ?

Perhaps he has information which the PJ did not find, and in their rush to believe the lying Tapas 7 and make him "arguido" got lost, and which he has never had the opportunity to reveal.
Perhaps he is wanting to have the opportunity to say things that previously he had been reluctant to.
Perhaps he has grown to live with whatever things were haunting his private life, and is now over them and determined to tell the truth, no matter what . . .

This could happen to one of more of the tapas group as well, of course.
Is eternal damnation - on earth as well as in the afterlife - worse than a few weeks of ridicule and some largely misinformed criticism ?
If you do the right thing, then ultimately people will acknowledge that .
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 20.11.14 23:55

The Met launched a fresh investigation into Madeleine's disappearance, codenamed Operation Grange, in July 2013

They might be out by two years but at least there's no mention of Abduction. "Missing" and "disappearance" are a step in the right direction.
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 21.11.14 0:11

maebee wrote:
The Met launched a fresh investigation into Madeleine's disappearance, codenamed Operation Grange, in July 2013

They might be out by two years but at least there's no mention of Abduction. "Missing" and "disappearance" are a step in the right direction.

Not sure of the timings, but technically wasn't it a review to begin with in 2011 and then an investigation from July 2013?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Activity : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 21.11.14 8:35

PeterMac wrote:
NickE wrote:Why does he want to be questioned by police if he was "cleared" and have no information to tell ?

Perhaps he has information which the PJ did not find, and in their rush to believe the lying Tapas 7 and make him "arguido" got lost, and which he has never had the opportunity to reveal.
Perhaps he is wanting to have the opportunity to say things that previously he had been reluctant to.

He did not volunteer / come forward to speak to the PJ/SY when the investigation was reopened, that says something.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl Dixon 21.11.14 9:33

PeterMac wrote:

Perhaps he has grown to live with whatever things were haunting his private life, and is now over them and determined to tell the truth, no matter what . . .

Is eternal damnation - on earth as well as in the afterlife - worse than a few weeks of ridicule and some largely misinformed criticism ?

I fail to see what information Murat could possibly have as a witness when he was sitting indoors having cups of tea with his mum all evening. He was apparently unaware that a child had gone missing until the morning. It's a good job that he has such an ironclad alibi... provided by his mother, sigh.
Daryl Dixon

Activity : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.11.14 10:15

Daryl Dixon wrote:
PeterMac wrote:

I fail to see what information Murat could possibly have as a witness when he was sitting indoors having cups of tea with his mum all evening. He was apparently unaware that a child had gone missing until the morning. It's a good job that he has such an ironclad alibi... provided by his mother, sigh.
Maybe he saw something between Tuesday evening and Thursday evening.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 21.11.14 10:25

Daryl Dixon wrote:
PeterMac wrote:

Alibi would be absolutely bombproof if someone had turned up at his door that evening & seen him with his mother, in her pyjamas, looking all angelic and like, you know......Anytime between 6-30 & 7 for between 30 seconds or 30 minutes.......... laughat
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 21.11.14 11:04

BlueBag wrote:
Daryl Dixon wrote:
PeterMac wrote:

Maybe he saw something between Tuesday evening and Thursday evening.
Yes,I agree, and hopefully the police have looked closer at the days earlier that week. Sagres, Burgau, crying incident, the phone calls, Creche Records ... unt zu weiter

NickE

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 21.11.14 15:58

aiyoyo wrote:
PeterMac wrote:

He did not volunteer / come forward to speak to the PJ/SY when the investigation was reopened, that says something.

Is this a fact?
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 21.11.14 16:48

Given that, imo, this has all been some kind of giant scam, then you need to follow the money.

Which potential suspects have financially benefited as a result of the disappearance of Madeleine? (Of course a lot of people have benefitted financially from Madeleine's disappearance such as lawyers/detectives/spin doctors/PR and marketing firms/Sky/media in general. To name but a few. The ethics of this is all highly dubious, imo, but they are not potential suspects. More like vultures, really.)

Potential suspects who financially benefited from Madeleine's disappearance:

1. The McCanns - with The Fund to allegedly 'find' her but in reality to Carter Ruck themselves up to the eye-balls. And win libel suits to make more money.

2. The Tapas crowd - were awarded pay-outs from damages when the Express was sued for libel by Carter Ruck (a law suit at least partly funded by the general public - if The Fund had been used for legal costs?)

3. Robert Murat. Received £600,000 for the the 'stress and suffering' of being made a patsy (or so it would seem to me. As has been noted in a thread elsewhere, he was remarkably unfazed, despite what he claims and despite that ridiculously staged, imo, taped telephone conversation between Martin Brunt of Sky and Robert Murat. I'm convinced that was deliberately staged .)
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 21.11.14 17:01

Check out the Brunt - Murat taped telephone conversation. There is even a gloriously obvious deception when Martin Brunt is talking to either Murat or Murat's mother Jennifer and she tells Brunt that Robert has been made 'arguido'. Brunt asks Jennifer what this means. She then asks Robert and explains what it means to Martin Brunt.

lol4

Yeah, like the chief crime correspondent at Sky TV who is wrapped up in the case as closely as a fly in a spider's web, imo, has to ask Robert Murat's mother what 'arguido' means? Pull the other one. And this is days, weeks even, after Madeleine's alleged 'abduction' and he still hasn't worked out what 'arguido' means? Even as he speaks on the phone to the self-appointed (apparently) police translator who has been pulled in for questioning??

More McScam, methinks.

Kate similarly in her book claims to have been completely clueless about how the police/legal process in Portugal works. Not knowing the difference between the GNR and the PJ. When no doubt both Kate and Gerry had done their home-work on this score.  Albeit not enough to be remotely convincing in either their actions and  behaviour or their police statements, imo. 

The Mcs and Tapas really did fluff their lines, imo. No wonder Brunt looks like a man condemned. 

A theory, as always.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.11.14 18:20

j.rob wrote:Given that, imo, this has all been some kind of giant scam, then you need to follow the money.

Which potential suspects have financially benefited as a result of the disappearance of Madeleine? (Of course a lot of people have benefitted financially from Madeleine's disappearance such as lawyers/detectives/spin doctors/PR and marketing firms/Sky/media in general. To name but a few. The ethics of this is all highly dubious, imo, but they are not potential suspects. More like vultures, really.)

1. The McCanns - with The Fund to allegedly 'find' her but in reality to Carter Ruck themselves up to the eye-balls. And win libel suits to make more money.

2. The Tapas crowd - were awarded pay-outs from damages when the Express was sued for libel by Carter Ruck (a law suit at least partly funded by the general public - if The Fund had been used for legal costs?)

3. Robert Murat. Received £600,000 for the the 'stress and suffering' of being made a patsy (or so it would seem to me. As has been noted in a thread elsewhere, he was remarkably unfazed, despite what he claims and despite that ridiculously staged, imo, taped telephone conversation between Martin Brunt of Sky and Robert Murat. I'm convinced that was deliberately staged .)

Yep follow the money.

And maybe I'd add the MSM itself as well j.rob

All imo
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 21.11.14 19:21

BlackCatBoogie wrote:
j.rob wrote:Given that, imo, this has all been some kind of giant scam, then you need to follow the money.

Yep follow the money.

All imo

Yes indeed. I am still curious about the headline of that dreadful article -exonerating the McCanns - that Bridget O'Donnell - wife of TV drama director Jez Wilkins - who 'just happened' (Jez that is) to be in a crucial place at a crucial time that night and even bumped into Gerry on his alleged 'last check' - wrote, I think in December 2007 for The Guardian.

The title was: 'My months with Madeleine.'

????

Jez and Bridget are supposed to have met the McCanns that week on holiday so how could Bridget have had 'months' with Madeleine? Maybe Madeleine was supposed to have had months with Bridget? But, didn't because there was 'a disaster'.

IMO
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.11.14 19:43

j.rob wrote:
BlackCatBoogie wrote:

Yep follow the money.

All imo

Yes indeed. I am still curious about the headline of that dreadful article -exonerating the McCanns - that Bridget O'Donnell - wife of TV drama director Jez Wilkins - who 'just happened' (Jez that is) to be in a crucial place at a crucial time that night and even bumped into Gerry on his alleged 'last check' - wrote, I think in December 2007 for The Guardian.

The title was: 'My months with Madeleine.'

????

Jez and Bridget are supposed to have met the McCanns that week on holiday so how could Bridget have had 'months' with Madeleine? Maybe Madeleine was supposed to have had months with Bridget? But, didn't because there was 'a disaster'.

IMO
Here's the link to the article

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/dec/14/ukcrime.madeleinemccann

My months with Madeleine
It was a welcome spring break, a chance to relax at a child-friendly resort in Portugal. Soon Bridget O'Donnell and her partner were making friends with another holidaying family while their three-year-old daughters played together. But then Madeleine McCann went missing and everyone was sucked into a nightmare

• Share 93

• inShare4
  • Scotland Yard to investigate Robert Murat again. - Page 4 Icon-emailEmail

• Bridget O'Donnell

• The Guardian, Friday 14 December 2007
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 22.11.14 14:57

Thanks Aquila.

Madeleine McCann went missing and everyone was sucked into a nightmare

Interesting that who-ever wrote the headline does not write: 'Madeline was abducted' but rather 'went missing'. 

I also find the phrase 'everyone was sucked into a nightmare' of considerable interest. I think it did end up being a nightmare for Jes and Bridget. Although it doesn't appear to have done either of their careers any harm.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top