The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Scotland Yard to investigate Robert Murat again. - Page 2 Mm11

Scotland Yard to investigate Robert Murat again. - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Scotland Yard to investigate Robert Murat again. - Page 2 Mm11

Scotland Yard to investigate Robert Murat again. - Page 2 Regist10

Scotland Yard to investigate Robert Murat again.

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

solved Re: Scotland Yard to investigate Robert Murat again.

Post by phil_burton 19.11.14 14:44

Also, very interesting to see that this story isn't being mentioned on the Daily Mail website at the time of writing (2:43pm).

For the BBC to pick this up and run with it, but not the MSM shows this isn't coming from the usual PR mouthpiece of the McCanns.
phil_burton

Activity : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrry On Doctor 19.11.14 14:52

phil_burton wrote:This is positive news in my eyes.

As others have said, it's getting very close to home for the McCanns now.

The story of Murat and the McCanns/Tapas 9 are inextricably linked and any formal interviewing of Murat will, without any doubt, lead the investigators to the door of the McCanns.

Also, as others have said, Murat cannot possibly be involved in the "burglary gone wrong" thesis, and must mean that SY are looking at more nefarious motives, and again much like all roads lead to Rome, all roads of that particular line of investigation lead in one direction - the McCanns.

Optimism still only at 10%, but up from 5%!
Agreed, very encouraging IMO if true.

Happy Christmas T9 from everyone at SY !!

(Personally, I have never gone for whitewash)
Carrry On Doctor
Carrry On Doctor

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 19.11.14 14:52

phil_burton wrote:Also, very interesting to see that this story isn't being mentioned on the Daily Mail website at the time of writing (2:43pm).

For the BBC to pick this up and run with it, but not the MSM shows this isn't coming from the usual PR mouthpiece of the McCanns.

The BBC are effectively "embedded" within OG via Crimewatch. They will get the exclusive for their program "How They Caught" about the biggest mystery this century. 

I bet they're salivating. No doubt all the rags out of the loop are jelly.... big grin
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Activity : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 19.11.14 15:00

columbostogeys wrote:.Murat was extensively checked in 2008 and was cleared of anything as there was simply nothing to link him.....like they say what goes around comes around...

He wasn't cleared, he was relieved of his arguido status, same as Mccanns.

If Murats being interviewed then the other 7 have got to be the tapas crew, funny how Murats name is thrown to the wolves again first though.

Either certain people have leaked it, or the police leaked it to put pressure on certain people....
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 19.11.14 15:02

All this BS about RM is just that........BS!

The MET/SY CAN get an European Arrest Warrant, issued, immmediately, today, and 'nick' him in Portugal under that warrant.

They know where he 'lives'!

If he were such a 'danger' to little girls in PDL, WHY hasn't Mahogany arrested him YEARS ago, on a EAW?

The UK police were quick enough to get an EAW for Asya King's parents weren't they?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-28993791
30 August 2014 Last updated at 18:44
Ashya King: European arrest warrant issued for parents
A European arrest warrant has been issued for the parents of a five-year-old boy with a brain tumour, missing from hospital since Thursday.

Is DCI Mahogany seriously expecting us to believe that, Madeleine, who is in her dungeon lair, with her abductor, in one of the lawless villages, within a 10km radius of PDL, according to Dave 'Igrabbedit' Edgar, PI for McCanns, and she can stay THERE until 'paperwork' is sorted out?

When a 'person', in PDL, MAY 'know' where that dungeon is?

But DCI Mahogany's NOT going to issue an EAW, TODAY, or re-interview this possible danger to young, only female UK white kids, until the new year?

Just when you thought OG couldn't pull yet another 'stroke'...we get THIS...BS!

eta: Sky News saying RM was a 'SUSPECT' in Portugal

Wonder when they'll start saying Ge££y and Hate Mc were also 'SUSPECTS'?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by phil_burton 19.11.14 15:07

jeanmonroe wrote:All this BS about RM is just that........BS!

The MET/SY CAN get an European Arrest Warrant, issued, immmediately, today, and 'nick' him in Portugal under that warrant.

They know where he 'lives'!

If he were such a 'danger' to little girls in PDL, WHY hasn't Mahogany arrested him YEARS ago, on a EAW?

The UK police were quick enough to get an EAW for Asya King's parents weren't they?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-28993791
30 August 2014 Last updated at 18:44
Ashya King: European arrest warrant issued for parents
A European arrest warrant has been issued for the parents of a five-year-old boy with a brain tumour, missing from hospital since Thursday.

Is DCI Mahogany seriously expecting us to believe that, Madeleine, who is in her dungeon lair, with her abductor, in one of the lawless villages, within a 10km radius of PDL, according to Dave 'Igrabbedit' Edgar, PI for McCanns, and she can stay THERE until 'paperwork' is sorted out?

When a 'person', in PDL, MAY 'know' where that dungeon is?

But DCI Mahogany's NOT going to issue an EAW, TODAY, or re-interview this possible danger to young, only female UK white kids, until the new year?

Just when you thought OG couldn't pull yet another 'stroke'...we get THIS...BS!

eta: Sky News saying RM was a 'SUSPECT' in Portugal

Wonder when they'll start saying Ge££y and Hate Mc were also 'SUSPECTS'?

IMO, its been clear since the "searches" earlier this year that SY were working on the thesis that she died in the apartment, and either the body, or articles linked to the body were dumped in an around PDL.

Still thinking this is positive news
phil_burton

Activity : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 19.11.14 15:08

Tony Bennett wrote:This may be of interest, Chapter Q from my 2010 article: 'Robert Murat: From arguido to applause' - which deals with Robert Murat's reactions 5 days after news that he'd just won £600,000 in libel damages:

+++++++++++++++++++++ 

Q.  Robert Murat’s interview five days after he received his £600,000 libel award

Asked to comment on his libel victory, Murat declared, on SKY TV, and reading from a prepared text: “The newspapers in this case brought about the total and utter destruction of mine and my family’s life, and caused immense distress”.

Five days after Robert Murat received his libel pay-out, and while still an arguido, he gave a TV interview for the BBC. This is how the interview went:

Murat: “I would like to know why...um...er... I was made an arguido...er, because, er, sincerely, I don't understand why I was made an arguido. Erm, yeah, I would like to find out. I would like to find out.
Reporter: “Would there be satisfaction or anger when the police, if they do, fully clear you?”

Murat:  “Well, I can't really answer that because, er, they may have...they may have had, um...they may have felt, should I say, that, that there was a reason to do it, and if there's a justifiable reason to make me an arguido, um, then...I have to look at it and be sensible about it. Um, it doesn't help in any way, shape or form, me, um, here, 14 months down the line, er, still an arguido, but that is the law of Portugal. Now this happened in Portugal and as much as we do not like how the legal system works in Portugal, this is their legal system and they are doing their job”.

The U.S.-based website ‘Eyes for Lies’ has analysed this interview, looking at the facial expressions. The full analysis by the ‘Eyes’ website (run by a U.S. lady) can be viewed here: http://www.eyesforlies.com/

In summary, the ‘Eyes’ website makes these points:
‘Eyes’ suggests that five day later, we would expect Murat to be showing the same sign of distress as in the statement he made five days earlier on SKY.
“We should see a man, who is angry, violated, misunderstood and unjustly treated”.
She continues: “Is this what we see when we watch Murat speak here? Absolutely not. What we see, instead, is a man who is enjoying the spotlight. You'd think in this interview that Murat was sitting down for an afternoon tea, and not a serious conversation about how his life was ruined. He is enjoying speculating and bantering about this whole scenario as if it had no implications for him, yet he readily acknowledges he is still a suspect.
“Look at how he smirks and grins. More importantly, we don't see any distress, or feelings of violation. We don't see anger for all the pain he has supposedly had to endure. We don't see a hint that this is a man who was wrongly looked at, put under the microscope, called a suspect and had his life destroyed as he says himself.  His behaviour is a complete contradiction to the circumstances that he wants us to believe here. It is totally different than the script he read out to the media after he won his libel suit, but it shouldn't be.
“It’s one thing not to be bothered by the entire frenzy and to ignore it because he knows he is innocent, and that the police couldn't possibly have anything on him. It's quite another to tell us it devastated his life and to go after the press, but to then turn around and act like it was no big deal, and entertain the idea that if the Portuguese police had reason to call him a suspect that they are just ‘doing their job’ and that he should be ‘sensible’ about it, is absurd.
“It's flat out pompous. If the police inaccurately labelled you a suspect, would you ever entertain such nonsense? I can't believe I am even seeing this arrogance. Is that how you would feel if you have been wrongly looked at as a suspect for an entire year? After the police searched your house multiple times? After your life was supposedly ruined, and the media trashed your name around the world?
“If shoddy detective work destroyed your life, was inaccurate or faulty, I can be 100% confident in saying that you'd never go there. It defies logic. If there is one person on this earth who should never have doubts about Murat's innocence, it should be Robert Murat himself…”

UNQUOTE
We think these are perceptive observations and would recommend people to view the full article.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ETA:  BBC now running this as one of its top stories:

19 November 2014 Last updated at 12:13

Madeleine McCann: Ex-suspect Murat 'faces new questions'

Scotland Yard to investigate Robert Murat again. - Page 2 _51606573_fa1d16c0-9c6c-4f82-b0b8-ab66ddd94f78

Police investigating the disappearance of British girl Madeleine McCann are to question former suspect Robert Murat, the BBC has learned.

British police are due to travel to Portugal to sit in on the questioning of eleven people of interest.

A source close to the case has told the BBC that two of the eleven are Mr Murat and his wife.

Mr Murat was named as an arguido, or, suspect, in the case in 2007 but was later cleared by Portuguese police.

He won substantial damages from various media organisations and has always denied any involvement in Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

Madeleine, of Rothley, Leicestershire, was three when she went missing from her family's holiday apartment on 3 May 2007.

So does this mean he was in on the McScam from the word go? 

Or was he drafted in at the last minute (the last minute flight booking that week) to sort out the *disaster*, take the heat away from the Mcs and Tapas and with a promise that he would be financially rewarded?

Whatever the case, he has benefitted financially from the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. As have so many people, her parents included, imo.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 19.11.14 15:17

Where's the EAW issued, TODAY, for RM?

Pretty 'serious' crime is child 'abduction' right?

As RM is 'supposed' to have been 'named' in the ILOR, BY the Met's OG, DCI Mahogany, lets have the EAW issued TODAY and have 'im 'nicked'..................NAAWWWW!

Even if only to 'eliminate' him from 'inquiries'!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 19.11.14 15:21

A source close to the case has told the BBC that two of the eleven are Mr Murat and his wife........
--------------------------------------------

That leaves NINE!

thinking
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptic 19.11.14 15:48

jeanmonroe wrote:Where's the EAW issued, TODAY, for RM?

As RM is 'supposed' to have been 'named' in the ILOR, BY the Met's OG, DCI Mahogany, lets have the EAW issued TODAY and have 'im 'nicked'..................NAAWWWW!

This is still and always will be a Portuguese investigation - Robert murat is a Portuguese citizen they don't need an EAR.
any trial regarding the disappearance of madeleine mccann will be in Portugal
Sceptic

Activity : 311

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 19.11.14 15:49

jeanmonroe wrote:A source close to the case has told the BBC that two of the eleven are Mr Murat and his wife........

That leaves NINE!

thinking

Exactly. SY have investigated everything IMO and ruled out everyone else just leaving the tapas 9.

margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 19.11.14 15:58

Sceptic wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:Where's the EAW issued, TODAY, for RM?

This is still and always will be a Portuguese investigation - Robert murat is a Portuguese citizen they don't need an EAR.
any trial regarding the disappearance of madeleine mccann will be in Portugal

I thought he held dual citizenship. Anyway I was going to ask if anybody knew if SY still needed all these permissions to speak to Muat, or is there a shortcut?
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by MissesWillYa 19.11.14 17:01

aquila wrote:
Smokeandmirrors wrote:Very interesting indeed. The police must get to the bottom of Gerry's "I'm not going to comment on that" when asked if he previously knew Murat. IMO this is one of the key red flags of the case
I don't think it's just did Gerry know Murat SY need to probe. It's whether any of the Tapasniks/PR machine et al knew him as well.

Just my opinion.

Jane Tanner especially, IMO.
MissesWillYa
MissesWillYa

Activity : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 19.11.14 17:37

Robert Murat could be interviewed again in Madeleine case
IN NEWS · 19-11-2014 12:46:00 · 0 COMMENTS
British expat Robert Murat, the first person to be declared a suspect or arguido in the Madeleine McCann investigation back in 2007, is reported to be among the 11 people police want to speak to in the case.
Scotland Yard to investigate Robert Murat again. - Page 2 MADELEINE_8

Questioning of seven suspects and four witnesses had been slated to start next Monday, but was postponed on Tuesday evening due to what Portuguese authorities termed “legal issues.”

A source close to the investigation said Wednesday that Robert Murat has been listed as one of the four witnesses by the Met.

Speaking to The Portugal News on Wednesday, Robert Murat said neither he nor his lawyer had received a formal request to appear before detectives in the Algarve, but said he “would do so freely”.

“My conscience is clear and I have no problem speaking to the police again”.

He has not been officially informed, but the newspapers already knew ahead of him about it.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Evening_All 19.11.14 18:02

jeanmonroe wrote:A source close to the case has told the BBC that two of the eleven are Mr Murat and his wife........

That leaves NINE!

thinking
I've wondered this too. For so many people of interest to be in the spotlight once again surely by now at least ONE of that group will say enough is enough. Some of them will have children approaching their teens, are they really going to continue with their lies even to them? Very very hard to swear a teenager to secrecy.
bomb bomb
Evening_All
Evening_All

Activity : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 19.11.14 18:09

sar wrote:update, nothing on bbc or sky at 14.00hrs list of main stories.  Sky has it on ticker tape

The BBC has been running the Murat story prominently since 12.13 this lunchtime, it is currently the SEVENTH down their list of news stories and is the SIXTH most watched today

apologies moderator, wasn't aware of this at the time.   Was watching 'normal' telly.  Big bold blue letters, does this mean I'm in trouble?
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.11.14 18:59

Excuse me

I just heard the BBC news. Did I hear it right: the lady anchor said that it is the PJ that wants to talk to RM?

Not AR/SY?

Sounds like a two-pronged attack to me. AR/SY doing the legwork, and the PJ the thinking/coordinating?

And what whith this AR/SY liaison chap sitting in with the PJ for the whole of this year?
This last piece of information came up when staff reduction from 38 down to ?? plus 6 civilians was debated in the media.

We may all be in for a big, big surprise
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tungsten tel 19.11.14 19:07

I really hope the "protection" has been removed and Robert Murat sings like a canary to save his own skin . Ive always felt the one day someone would lose there nerve and spill the beans . Maybe , just maybe its Robert Murat .
tungsten tel

Activity : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 19.11.14 19:07

The PJ always conduct the interviews in Portugal Portia, with SY observing and asking the PJ to ask other questions etc.

UPDATE:  Robert Murat has given an interview to Channel 5 News saying he is NOT one of the 11 to be interviewed - Moderator

++++++

Robert Murat rejects claims he will be questioned again over disappearance of Madeleine McCann

He told 5News (Channel 5 News) the reports are ‘fantasy-land’.

Robert Murat has rejected claims that he is to be interviewed by police again in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

He told 5 News: “At the moment the situation is I haven't been informed about anything. I really can't say anything about it.

“All I know is I haven't had anything official... no comment. It's all just fantasy-land.”

He has always denied any involvement in the girl's disappearance.

Mr Murat was first questioned by police when the three-year-old went missing in 2007.

He was the first person to be declared an arguido or suspect during the police search.

But he was later awarded substantial libel damages over allegations about his involvement.

Mr Murat was never arrested by police.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/5-news/features-archived/robert-murat-rejects-claims-he-will-be-questioned-again-over-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 19.11.14 19:59

Interesting Tony, though I'm not sure why you edited that into my post?

Here is what Murat told the BBC:

Speaking to the BBC from the Algarve, Mr Murat said neither he nor his lawyer had received a formal request to appear, but said he "would do so freely".
He said: "My conscience is clear and I have no problem speaking to the police again."
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 19.11.14 20:01

phil_burton wrote:IMO, its been clear since the "searches" earlier this year that SY were working on the thesis that she died in the apartment, and either the body, or articles linked to the body were dumped in an around PDL.

Still thinking this is positive news

At least one reporter tweeted that he had seen police pick up 'objects' in the searches, so I am optimistic that they were actually looking for something specific and not just randomly searching on the off chance as many have claimed.
And don't forget Bernard Hogan Howe dropping the phrase 'murder investigation' in 2 interviews he did this year re. the case.

If R.M. is now saying he WON'T be interviewed, is this another case of spin in order to deflect from who will be interviewed or is it a leak of some genuine information that R.M isn't supposed to know?

If it's a genuine leak, the timing is curious just after announcing no-one will be interviewed until next year, I would like to think it's a tactic to increase pressure on certain people.....but then again...
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 19.11.14 20:16

Channel 5 News, Robert Murat.

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 19.11.14 20:16

tungsten tel wrote:I really hope the "protection" has been removed and Robert Murat sings like a canary to save his own skin . Ive always felt the one day someone would lose there nerve and spill the beans . Maybe , just maybe its Robert Murat .

My theory is that there has got to be some pretty nefarious interests and activities linking some of the people in this case and that is why they don't break ranks.....stay silent and you may be convicted of perverting the course of justice, speak openly and you might have to admit to being an abuser and face those consequences such as a jail sentence and the treatment from other inmates.  Just speculating of course.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion 19.11.14 20:47

I wonder if a lot more is now known about "activity" in PDL in April/May 2007 and that a complete revisit of all the evidence provided by witnesses is required. Maybe OG have been very busy indeed. I've pencilled in May 2015 for a result.
mysterion

Activity : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by MissesWillYa 19.11.14 20:49

Is RM currently married to MW? Just curious.
MissesWillYa
MissesWillYa

Activity : 204

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top