The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Scotland Yard to Make announcement about Madeleine Mc Cann Mm11

Scotland Yard to Make announcement about Madeleine Mc Cann Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Scotland Yard to Make announcement about Madeleine Mc Cann Mm11

Scotland Yard to Make announcement about Madeleine Mc Cann Regist10

Scotland Yard to Make announcement about Madeleine Mc Cann

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scotland Yard to Make announcement about Madeleine Mc Cann Empty Scotland Yard to Make announcement about Madeleine Mc Cann

Post by coati mundi 24.04.17 22:46

Just heard this on TV news.

What are they going to say? "Sorry we've wasted all your money and we haven't got a clue"?

We wait with slightly less than bated breath.

Activity : 237

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard to Make announcement about Madeleine Mc Cann Empty Re: Scotland Yard to Make announcement about Madeleine Mc Cann

Post by Tony Bennett 24.04.17 22:56

coati mundi wrote:Just heard this on TV news.

What are they going to say? "Sorry we've wasted all your money and we haven't got a clue"?

Hmmm, I wonder if this is a scheduled (i.e. planned) statement, which they were going to make anyway around a week before 3rd May - or is unscheduled...perhaps in response to a number of recent media stories which might seen as 'unhelpful'

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard to Make announcement about Madeleine Mc Cann Empty Re: Scotland Yard to Make announcement about Madeleine Mc Cann

Post by Jill Havern 24.04.17 23:00

Tony Bennett wrote:

Hmmm, I wonder if this is a scheduled (i.e. planned) statement, which they were going to make anyway around a week before 3rd May - or is unscheduled...perhaps in response to a number of recent media stories which might seen as 'unhelpful'
Clarence did say months ago that the 10th Anniversary media campaign would be supported by Grange (or words to that effect).

Grange and Clarence knew knew Maddie would not be found before then.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41598

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 24.04.17 23:04

I suspect it will be a statement which includes the phrase that S.Y. has found no evidence whatsoever of any agency such as MI5 being involved.
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by coati mundi 24.04.17 23:16

Tony Bennett: mmm, I wonder if this is a scheduled (i.e. planned) statement, which they were going to make anyway around a week before 3rd May - or is unscheduled...perhaps in response to a number of recent media stories which might seen as 'unhelpful'

It will be interesting to hear. If it is the former, it will not have been able to fit its story around some of the nonsense that has been said very recently about this.

If it is the latter, then you can be sure that it will be fitted around the nonsense. What it won't be able to say is that they have solved the case, because you can't do that by looking in the wrong direction, which is what they have spent all that money doing.

Activity : 237

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.04.17 0:42

What TV news channel?  You'd think it this be true the news would have spread like wildfire - I've just googled and there is no mention.

Still today is another day - I can wait!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by LG 25.04.17 4:12

I heard it, it was announced at the end of the ITN 10pm news
LG

Activity : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by cbeagle 25.04.17 5:49

Maybe it's like an ageing rock back with endless last tours - one more last lead to be chased down ...
cbeagle

Activity : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.04.17 7:22

It will be totally supportive of the official UK story.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 25.04.17 7:44

Really? An announcement that is timed to go along with the 10th anniversary. It can't be an urgent appeal can it?

I predict S.Y. will officially announce she's dead but it remains unsolved. 

Kate and Gerry will appear alongside S.Y. nervously, like blinking rabbits in the headlines like they did on crimewatch when they thought something wasn't quite right but had to go along with it to keep up the pretense that they weren't involved.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 25.04.17 8:46

Maybe they will say that there will be no more public funding after September but that the Portugese investigation will still be ongoing - especially in view of the Supreme Court ruling in Portugal?

My lucky tenner is going to be put on no recorded interview with Mr and Mrs but a written statement from them on their website on the day (or days before) the 3rd May.

I will be more than happy to lose my lucky tenner though.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 25.04.17 8:50

Operation Grange always seem to step into the limelight when Goncalo Amaral is in the news don't they?  He is their biggest obstacle to the phantom abductor (imo). They will perhaps use this latest MI5 misquote to subtly try and belittle and isolate him.  I'm sure GA's defense fund (with donations by Met Police) that skyrocketed so quickly, shocked them all to the core!!!   It's perhaps Op Grange's last golden opportunity to put the boot into the naysayers. Don't think there's much more at their disposal, as their long list of bizarre suspects has become a worldwide joke.

Perhaps they will also appeal for anyone that has seen the child in the age progressed photo, in order to give the stranger abduction one last thumbs up, and will state they have been investigating alongside the Portuguese police.  This will make the public think the PJ have also changed their original theory.

The end.
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 25.04.17 9:00

I doubt they will respond to anything in the press recently. If Clarrie talked about pre-recorded interviews months ago it is not going to be reacting to recent events. You also have the non-commenting type stance of S.Y. since Nicola Wall took over.

They have to be confirming the direction the investigation has been going in and my guess is since Andy Redwood got rid of Tanner Man and said Madeleiene 'may not have left the apartment alive'....I think it will be along those lines. Still with no confirmation of who was responsible.
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 25.04.17 9:07

BlueBag wrote:It will be totally supportive of the official UK story.

Of course you will, being of such a gullible nature! laughat
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 25.04.17 13:19

From Paul Rees on 'Controversy' site:

Sonia Poulton‏Verified account 

[ltr]@SoniaPoulton[/ltr]

Follow 
[size=1]More
[/size]
Replying to @Papa___Rico
I've seen it. It's embargoed until tonight. I advise you not to get excited.

• LIKES 3

• Scotland Yard to Make announcement about Madeleine Mc Cann E8Fb7cDx_normalScotland Yard to Make announcement about Madeleine Mc Cann Nm2hNAiq_normal

4:39 AM - 25 Apr 2017

[size=12]0 replies0 retweets3 likes

[/size]
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 25.04.17 13:50

Have the Yorkshire Evening Post concocted this from the ‘embargoed’ statement and jumped early or is it an old one? They do say ‘interview’ rather than statement and certainly nothing new.

Madeleine McCann hunt police ‘pursuing significant line of inquiry’ ten years on

Published 09.54
Updated 10.22
Tuesday 25 April 2017

British detectives working on the Madeleine McCann case are still pursuing “critical” leads as the 10th anniversary of her disappearance approaches, a Scotland Yard chief has revealed.

Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said there are “significant investigative avenues” that are of “great interest” to both the UK and Portuguese teams.

Officers have sifted through some 40,000 documents and looked at more than 600 individuals since 2011.
In an interview nearly a decade on from the youngster’s disappearance, Mr Rowley also confirmed that four people considered as possible suspects in 2013 have been ruled out.
Madeleine vanished from the family’s holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in Portugal on May 3 2007 when she was three years old.
Her parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, of Rothley, Leicestershire, have vowed to “never give up” hope of finding their daughter.
Asked if police were any closer to solving the case than they were six years ago when the UK investigation was launched, Mr Rowley said: “I know we have a significant line of inquiry which is worth pursuing, and because it’s worth pursuing it could provide an answer, but until we’ve gone through it I won’t know whether we are going to get there or not.
“Ourselves and the Portuguese are doing a critical piece of work and we don’t want to spoil it by putting titbits of information out publicly.”
He declined to expand on the nature of the working theories or reveal whether any suspects were currently being considered, saying that disclosing further detail would not help the investigation.
Mr Rowley said: “We’ve got some critical lines of inquiry, those link to particular hypotheses, but I’m not going to discuss those because those are very much live investigation.
“We’ve got some thoughts on what we think the most likely explanations might be and we are pursuing those.”
He described the possibility of a “burglary gone wrong” as a “sensible hypothesis” which has not been “entirely ruled out”.
The senior officer was asked about the theory of a sex predator being responsible for Madeleine’s disappearance.
Mr Rowley said: “That’s been one key line of inquiry. The reality is in the modern world in any urban area if you cast your net widely you will find a whole pattern of offences.
“You will find sex offenders who live nearby. And those coincidences need to be sifted out, what’s a coincidence and what may be linked to the investigation that you are currently doing.
“Offences which may be linked have to be looked at and either ruled in or ruled out.”
Mr Rowley said there was still a “lot unknown” in the case, adding: “All the different hypotheses have to remain open.”
Police have looked at more than 600 individuals who were identified as being potentially significant to Madeleine’s disappearance. In 2013 the team identified four people as suspects in the case. Interviews and searches were carried out but no evidence was found to implicate the four in the disappearance. Mr Rowley said they are no longer the subject of further investigation and have been ruled out of the inquiry. Meanwhile, police working on the case continue to receive information on a daily basis. Mr Rowley said: “Thousands of pieces of information have come forward, some useful, some not, but amongst that have been some nuggets that have thrown some extra light on the original material that came from the time. “That’s one of the things that’s helped us make progress and have some critical lines of inquiry we want to pursue today.” Mr Rowley said there was no “definitive evidence” as to whether Madeleine is alive or dead. He added: “That’s why we describe it as a missing person inquiry. We understand why, after this many years, people will be pessimistic, but it’s important we keep an open mind.” The officer added that however Madeleine left the apartment, she was abducted. “She wasn’t old enough to make a decision to set off and start her own life,” he said. The assistant commissioner pledged that the investigation team will do all they can to provide an answer for Madeleine’s parents. He said: “I so wish I could say we will definitely solve it but a small number of cases sadly don’t get solved. “What I’ve always said on this case, and I’ve said it to Kate and Gerry as well, we will do everything reasonably possible to try and find an answer. “I just can’t quite guarantee it. It always hurts that you can’t guarantee success but we will do everything we reasonably can do to try and get there.” Around 30 detectives were working on the UK probe, Operation Grange, when it was established in 2011. The team has now been scaled back to four detectives. Last month the Home Office confirmed £85,000 was being given to the inquiry to cover operational costs from April to September. More than £11 million has been spent on the inquiry so far. Mr Rowley insisted the investigation has achieved “an awful lot”. He said: “I think people get seduced perhaps by what they see in TV dramas where the most complex cases are solved in 30 minutes or 60 minutes. What we started with here was something extraordinary. “We’ve achieved a complete understanding of it all. We’ve sifted out many of the potential suspects, many of the people of interest and where we are today is with a much smaller team focused on a small number of remaining critical lines of inquiry that we think are significant.” Asked about the cost of the investigation, he said: “Big cases can take a lot of resources and a lot of time. “We’ve tried to be careful about public money and as we’ve started with that massive sifting we’ve reduced the number of resources and the funding’s reduced accordingly. “But we will stick with it as long as the funding’s available and as long as there are sensible lines of inquiry to pursue.”

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/madeleine-mccann-hunt-police-pursuing-significant-line-of-inquiry-ten-years-on-1-8510401
Doug D

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard to Make announcement about Madeleine Mc Cann Empty Scotland Yard to make an announcement.

Post by willowthewisp 25.04.17 14:01

Hi DougD,thanks for the article,now been whoosed from Yorkshire post site?

I take it that no size 10+ Boots where heard gently knocking at a Rothely address,"cup of Tea"ma'm?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by interestedobserver 25.04.17 14:42

LBC have just confirmed that they will be airing the
Statement after 9pm tonight.
interestedobserver

Activity : 67

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard to Make announcement about Madeleine Mc Cann Empty Re;Scotland Yard announcement

Post by willowthewisp 25.04.17 14:46

interestedobserver wrote:LBC have just confirmed that they will be airing the
Statement after 9pm tonight.
Wouldn't want to Alarm or distress any children,so break the announcement after the watershed time 21.00 hrs?
To Quote Mark Rowley,"The Investigation Team will Try to provide an Answer  to Mr&Mrs McCann as to what might have happened to their Daughter Madeleine"IF they cannot solve" what has happened to Madeleine McCann,reported as missing by her Parents from the holiday Apartment 5A Ocean Club,3 May 2007(Ben Needham, Solution)?  Nothing to see here people,move along now?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 25.04.17 19:39

My two " favourite " bits from the article​ 

He described the possibility of a " burglary gone wrong" as a " sensible​ hypothesis​ " 

If that's " sensible " I'd love to know​ what is " ludicrous " ?

The officer​ added that however Madeleine left the apartment she was abducted."She wasn't old enough to make a decision to set off and start her own life " 

So not​ old enough to set off on her own , but​ " allegedly " old​ enough to​ be left alone with her two year old siblings​ while mum and dad enjoyed​ themselves ? 

Where​ do they get these people​ from and how​ much do they pay​ them​ to invent​ this crap? wft aaagh

Activity : 2374

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard to Make announcement about Madeleine Mc Cann Empty patronising or just plain stupid?

Post by worriedmum 25.04.17 20:08

“She wasn’t old enough to make a decision to set off and start her own life,” he said.

Thank you for pointing that out Mr Police Officer. After over ten million pounds of public money spent, it's reassuring to know that the police have assessed the information properly. I'm sure all the hordes of people who thought she had made a plan to run away to start a new life, working incognito somewhere, must all be so re-assured...
DO THEY THINK WE ARE ALL MORONS?
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 25.04.17 21:03

She wasn't even old enough to get through a child safety gate, down a steep flight of stairs in the dark and navigate her way around a swimming pool, never mind decide whethter she wanted to or not!
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.04.17 21:07

LBC radio tonight @ 9.00 pm

Scotland Yard reports:  "We are still pursuing critical lines of inquiry"

Good - what next?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 25.04.17 21:07

Oops, Yorkshire Post obviously cocked up!

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/madeleine-mccann-met-police-still-pursuing-critical-leads-in-maddy-mccann-case-10-years-on-from-a3523586.html
Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.04.17 21:17

He described the possibility of a " burglary gone wrong" as a " sensible​ hypothesis​ " 

I am tired of the BS.

Really tired.

This all Alice Through The Looking Glass.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top