The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 31 Mm11

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 31 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 31 Mm11

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 31 Regist10

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 31 Empty Re: Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Post by The Rooster 06.10.14 12:51

Received a standard reply from the Jeremy Vine Show, has contact details...

Thank you for contacting The Jeremy Vine Show.

Due to the volume of emails we receive, we cannot guarantee a reply if you have a specific question.

When you email, if you potentially wouldn’t mind a member of the team calling you back, please do include a telephone number.

We greatly appreciate your input, and you can also discuss our daily topics on the Radio 2 Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/bbcr2

The conversations also continue on Twitter: follow http://www.twitter.com/bbcradio2 and chat about the show with the hashtag #r2vine

If you’d like to know what music we played in a particular show, we publish a list on the programme episode pages http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wr3p/broadcasts/2013/03

If you have a complaint about a programme you should contact BBC Complaints. http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

The Jeremy Vine Show

Hey Ho!

The Rooster

Activity : 524

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 31 Empty Re: Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Post by j.rob 06.10.14 12:51

And suddenly the women turns up dead. It just doesn't ring true to me. All of it just sets off alarm bells. Who last saw her? Why would she 'commit suicide'?

Indeed. And why are SY 'consulting' with the McCanns? The police can investigate 'the evidence' themselves and decide what type of 'crime' was committed if, indeed any crime was committed.

Oh, but I forgot, TM get to lead the investigations - silly me! 

So nothing has changed, then?
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 06.10.14 12:52

tegan1973 wrote:I'm totally shocked. I've only just seen what's being going on. I saw the #askbrunt hashtag on twitter last week and wondered if he was up to something. It seemed obvious he would attract the very vocal crowd on there on the #mccann hashtag and that he was wanting reaction. 

I notice a lot of the McCann tweets and I never came across Brenda.

I have millions of questions.

Why would Sky/Blunt blatantly harass someone without quoting exact evidence of their wrong doing? It is all inferred and under the 'troll' label. Surely they should pass evidence to the police and not just turn up vigilante style.

What on earth was Martin Blunt playing at? Surely you can't just go up to someone and accuse them of crimes like that? You need to give them evidence and a right to reply? Is he going to trace all of us who don't believe the dominant account of what happened and demand we appear on Sky News? Am I a troll for not believing the McCanns?

And suddenly the women turns up dead. It just doesn't ring true to me. All of it just sets off alarm bells. Who last saw her? Why would she 'commit suicide'? What happened between that interview and her death?

Martin Brunt was 100% aware that she would be hounded and plastered over all the media outlets, he acted KNOWING 100% he was destroying HER WHOLE LIFE. He took the choice clear and simple to utterly obliterate this woman. He saw what happened to the nurse who was pranked, a prank that had no actual malice attached to it. He acted out of pure malice. Brenda knew Martin Brunt had made a conscious decision to destroy her life, and the rest of the gutter press would follow.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by haroldd2 06.10.14 12:54

tegan1973 wrote:
And suddenly the women turns up dead. It just doesn't ring true to me. All of it just sets off alarm bells. Who last saw her? Why would she 'commit suicide'? What happened between that interview and her death?
Good questions. Let's leave assuming it was suicide to those who believe everything they read, or that's implied, in the newspapers!

Here are some questions I asked above:

1) Who paid for the hotel room? (big question, this one; could it have been Sky?[stranger things have happened] or another media organisation? someone who offered to 'help'? anyway, who was it?)

2) Who was she going out to meet? (I am old enough to remember Hilda Murrell)

3) Did the CPS officials know of Martin Brunt's involvement?  (he said he knew they were investigating; for goodness sake, what has happened to the presumption of innocence and the right to a fair trial - and in a courtroom, not on your doorstep in front of Sky's cameras; and let us recall this woman had not been charged with anything whatsoever, let alone convicted)

4) Any information regarding her time at the Leicester Marriott hotel - when she arrived, whether she went out at all, whether she had any visitors, etc.

Harold
haroldd2

Activity : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrry On Doctor 06.10.14 12:59

http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/in-memoriam.html
Carrry On Doctor
Carrry On Doctor

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 06.10.14 13:02

haroldd2 wrote:
tegan1973 wrote:
Good questions. Let's leave assuming it was suicide to those who believe everything they read, or that's implied, in the newspapers!

1) Who paid for the hotel room? (big question, this one; could it have been Sky?[stranger things have happened] or another media organisation? someone who offered to 'help'? anyway, who was it?)

3) Did the CPS officials know of Martin Brunt's involvement?  (he said he knew they were investigating; for goodness sake, what has happened to the presumption of innocence and the right to a fair trial - and in a courtroom, not on your doorstep in front of Sky's cameras; and let us recall this woman had not been charged with anything whatsoever, let alone convicted)

4) Any information regarding her time at the Leicester Marriott hotel - when she arrived, whether she went out at all, whether she had any visitors, etc.

Harold
There will also be CCTV of her journey to the hotel, her parking and her stay there. I hope the hotel have kept it secure.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13379

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet 06.10.14 13:03

Some of Brenda's last tweets seemed to concern Amy Tierney. Is she the one involved in printing the photos? The ones that some suspect actually came in the McCann holiday suitcase? There must have been a reason to target Brenda beyond her not-very-fierce tweets...that They have had to conflate with other (possibly made up tweets) to make her seem a monster.The whole thing is sinister and highly suspect.
juliet
juliet

Activity : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by frost 06.10.14 13:04

Smokeandmirrors wrote:
Martin Brunt was 100% aware that she would be hounded and plastered over all the media outlets, he acted KNOWING 100% he was destroying HER WHOLE LIFE. He took the choice clear and simple to utterly obliterate this woman. He saw what happened to the nurse who was pranked, a prank that had no actual malice attached to it. He acted out of pure malice. Brenda knew Martin Brunt had made a conscious decision to destroy her life, and the rest of the gutter press would follow.

Yes I totally agree that Brunt was totally aware of the consequences his actions would cause to this poor woman .

Such a shame she didn't appear to have much support in the following days , if only she had jumped on the first plane out of here to stay with her son in America until the vultures decided she was yesterdays news .

The press have acted like a pack of rabid dogs there really is no excuse and no justification for this .

Are the press camped outside the McCanns waiting to doorstep them for comments on this tragic turn of events , nope don't think they are , no doubt they will have orders from above to leave the McCanns well alone .

the hypocrisy in all this is astounding . 

Gerry certainly fanned the flames in the following days .

Lets hope the whole McCann sham blows wide open it is time for justice once and for all .
frost

Activity : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 06.10.14 13:04

McCann spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: ‘Kate and Gerry will not be saying anything. It is entirely a matter for the police.’
A spokesman for the Marriott hotel said he had nothing to add beyond the police statement.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2782066/I-love-mum-I-miss-forever-Grieving-son-s-tribute-internet-troll-dead-hotel-room-exposed-targeting-Maddie-McCann-s-parents.html#ixzz3FMij5BNl 

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting for justice 06.10.14 13:05

It's on the Sky news app now. Very short and matter of fact. 

I'm not surprised about Radio 2. It was the same on the Wright stuff. The 
presenter very eloquently discussed the story but then the first caller, although sad basically referred to these "trolls" and what makes people do it (I remember this less). 
Second up was a man stating I think that 20% of posters had mental issues and she was possibly one of them. 
The third and last, another gentleman says words to the effect of, if you use social media you have to take the rough with the smooth. 
End of phone in.
waiting for justice

Activity : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 06.10.14 13:05

Richard Phillips latest blogs:

http://my-mccann-thoughts.blogspot.co.uk/

Monday, October 6, 2014
That Dossier

Now that I have had a little time to reflect on the shocking news about Brenda Leyland that I first heard late last night & read and listen to some of the reports, comments & spin today I have collected my thoughts. Here they are:

1. No one is in a position to say whether Brenda's tweets were illegal as this has not been tested in court.

2. Everyone has the right to express their opinion as long as doing so falls within the law.

3. The dossier was compiled by persons who wish to remain anonymous to the wider world. They had every right to compile their dossier & if they believed they had unearthed illegal activity to pass it on to the police.

4. They also had the right to pass their dossier to  and to those who run social media platforms such as twitter and facebook if they believed they had uncovered contraventions of the terms & conditions of those platforms.

4. The dossier compilers DID NOT have the right to give, or worse still sell (I do not know whether it was sold I am simply saying that it would be even worse if it had been sold), the dossier to any media outlet.

5. Any media outlet receiving such a dossier DID NOT have the right to publish the name or any other personal details of anyone named in the dossier.

6. The media did have the right to run a story describing in general terms what was in the dossier and to say that it was in the hands of the police & CPS who were considering whether any laws had been broken and whether anyone should be charged.

7. By publishing the name & image of someone named in the dossier and by calling them a troll & member of a hate campaign the media in general, & SkyNews in particular, contributed enormously to the circumstances that caused Brenda Leyland to kill herself.

8. I am now surprised that I find myself in partial agreement with the "Hacked Off" campaign and G McCann. The media in the UK need to be subject to greater control. Though I disagree about how such control should be achieved.

9.  I expect "Hacked Off" & G McCann to publicly condemn the actions of the media with respect to Brenda Leyland in particular and the dossier in general. If they do not they will be revealed as the hypocrites that some people think they are.

10. The people who compiled the dossier should publish, anonymously if they wish, details of exactly to whom they gave the dossier, when this was done and whether any money changed hands. Once again failure to do so will reveal them to be hypocrites.

Posted by Richard Philips at 4:32 AM No comments:

Sunday, October 5, 2014
RIP Brenda Leyland

RIP Brenda Leyland aka @sweepyface. My thoughts are with your family & friends.

I don't agree with some of the things you posted & tweeted, but I have seen nothing you posted or tweeted that merited the treatment you received at the hands of the media and the real internet trolls, harassers & stalkers.

I hope that in time some good will come from your untimely death,

A message to all who post opinion on the internet.

PLEASE PLEASE, think about the possible consequences of your posts before you publish them.
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by haroldd2 06.10.14 13:06

Tony Bennett wrote:

The Coroner has complete discretion to admit anyone who might be a relevant witness.
Just to clarify: the coroner has the authority not just to admit evidence but to compel a person to come to court. (I know you know that, Tony; I'm just clarifying for the benefit of those who might not.)

Have you read up on the Lucy Meadows case from last year?
haroldd2

Activity : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 06.10.14 13:07

frost wrote:
Smokeandmirrors wrote:

Yes I totally agree that Brunt was totally aware of the consequences his actions would cause to this poor woman .

Such a shame she didn't appear to have much support in the following days , if only she had jumped on the first plane out of here to stay with her son in America until the vultures decided she was yesterdays news .

The press have acted like a pack of rabid dogs there really is no excuse and no justification for this .

Are the press camped outside the McCanns waiting to doorstep them for comments on this tragic turn of events , nope don't think they are , no doubt they will have orders from above to leave the McCanns well alone .

the hypocrisy in all this is astounding . 

Gerry certainly fanned the flames in the following days .

Lets hope the whole McCann sham blows wide open it is time for justice once and for all .
just to protect the mccanns, WHO HAVE NOT BEEN CLEARED.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by woodforthetrees 06.10.14 13:10

A lot more comments being allowed on here...

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/05/mccann-internet-troll-found-dead-in-hotel-4893648/
woodforthetrees

Activity : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by galena 06.10.14 13:10

juliet wrote:Some of Brenda's last tweets seemed to concern Amy Tierney. Is she the one involved in printing the photos? The ones that some suspect actually came in the McCann holiday suitcase? There must have been a reason to target Brenda beyond her not-very-fierce tweets...that They have had to conflate with other (possibly made up tweets) to make her seem a monster.The whole thing is sinister and highly suspect.

I've always said that other forums - such as Digispy, the Mirror Forums, the 3As were closed down or seriously disrupted - just as we seemed to be actually getting somewhere.  And I always suspected that many of the more vitriolic comments (especially on the 3As) were generated by the McCanns' team to derail and discredit the reasonable discussions. I wonder if Brenda was a member of any of these sites?
galena

Activity : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by frost 06.10.14 13:12

Sky trying to wriggle out of any responsibility 

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/oct/06/facebook-sky-news-troll-martin-brunt-brenda-leyland-mccanns

Facebook group urges Sky reporter’s sacking after death of alleged troll
Martin Brunt fronted the exclusive report alleging Brenda Leyland was one of those abusing the McCanns on Twitter

• Share2

• inShare0
  • Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 31 Icon-emailEmail

• Tara Conlan

• theguardian.com, Monday 6 October 2014 13.04 BST

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 31 Sky-Newz-reporter-Martin--009Sky News reporter Martin Brunt confronts alleged Twitter troll Brenda Leyland. Photograph: Sky News
A Facebook campaign is calling for Sky News reporter Martin Brunt to be sacked following the death of a woman the broadcaster alleged to be one of the internet trolls abusing the McCann family.
The woman, who was subsequently identified by the media as Brenda Leyland, was found dead in a hotel room days after she appeared on Sky News in an investigation into internet “trolling”. The campaign, based at a Facebook page called Sack Martin Brunt, follows Brunt’s exclusive report.
Sky News has a rigorous set of internal guidelines for its reporters but insiders say each story is handled on a case-by-case basis. Although she appeared on camera, Leyland was not named and registration plates on nearby cars were pixellated.
During the report, Brunt and his team took extra precautions such as not naming the village where Leyland lived and Brunt referred to her only by her Twitter name, @sweepyface. However, she was subsequently named in newspaper reports.
The Guardian understands the story was looked at closely by Sky’s lawyers before it was broadcast and Sky is confident that proper procedures had been followed. The broadcaster is reviewing in the situtation in the wake of Leyland’s death. Sky News’ guidelines state: “Any grounds for an investigation that involves significant intrusion into any individual’s privacy must be very strong. Before we start out we must be certain that any such intrusion is outweighed by the seriousness of the story and the amount of public good that will be delivered by its publication and/or broadcast.”
The detailed guidelines also say: “People who are the subject of reports should not be treated unfairly. Where wrongdoing is alleged, they should be offered an opportunity to respond.
“Where there may be doubt or uncertainty over a legal issue – in the first instance check with the Head of Home News or Head of International News, as appropriate. Remember: if in doubt, do not proceed, broadcast or publish. Always refer upwards.”
Brunt – who has himself become the subject of online abuse –- is said to be upset by Leyland’s death but has not yet made any comment.
Sky News is not expected to comment further beyond a statement that said: “We were saddened to hear of the death of Brenda Leyland. It would be inappropriate to speculate or comment further at this time.”
frost

Back to top Go down

Post by The....truth 06.10.14 13:13

If, by any chance Brenda Leylqnd had a visit or meeting at the Mariott from the men in suits, those who profoundly  influenced the book reviews and thoughts of Mr Philips last week, then they too will be visible on CCTV. Won' t they ?

Unless of course the system was broken down that day. Sometimes that happens you know.
The....truth

Activity : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by thetruthbeknown 06.10.14 13:17

Slightly (and I say slightly) more balanced report from Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/11143446/Madeleine-McCann-Twitter-troll-death-Calls-for-public-inquiry-after-body-is-found.html
thetruthbeknown

Activity : 282

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 06.10.14 13:18

Smokeandmirrors wrote:
tegan1973 wrote:I'm totally shocked. I've only just seen what's being going on. I saw the #askbrunt hashtag on twitter last week and wondered if he was up to something. It seemed obvious he would attract the very vocal crowd on there on the #mccann hashtag and that he was wanting reaction. 

I notice a lot of the McCann tweets and I never came across Brenda.

I have millions of questions.

Why would Sky/Blunt blatantly harass someone without quoting exact evidence of their wrong doing? It is all inferred and under the 'troll' label. Surely they should pass evidence to the police and not just turn up vigilante style.

What on earth was Martin Blunt playing at? Surely you can't just go up to someone and accuse them of crimes like that? You need to give them evidence and a right to reply? Is he going to trace all of us who don't believe the dominant account of what happened and demand we appear on Sky News? Am I a troll for not believing the McCanns?

But Brunt has executives to answer to. They would have known the plan and signed off on it, especially due to the sensitivity of the subject and methodology. MSM are at the centre of the cover up conspiracy, it all points in that direction.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by rustyjames 06.10.14 13:22

Only saw this news this morning - terribly sad.

I rarely make references to the McCann case on my personal Facebook page but had to today to do my bit to correct the injustice of the reporting.
rustyjames

Activity : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.10.14 13:23

frost wrote: Sky News’ guidelines state: “Any grounds for an investigation that involves significant intrusion into any individual’s privacy must be very strong. Before we start out we must be certain that any such intrusion is outweighed by the seriousness of the story and the amount of public good that will be delivered by its publication and/or broadcast.”
Maybe these vague guidelines will be amended in future to read as follows:

"Any grounds for an investigation that involves significant intrusion into any individual’s privacy must be very strong. Before we start out we must be certain that any such intrusion is outweighed by the seriousness of the story and the amount of public good that will be delivered by its publication and/or broadcast but must be weighed against the risk that the individual might harm him/herself or commit suicide as a result"

Do they do 'risk assessments' at SKY?

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 06.10.14 13:24

galena wrote:
juliet wrote:Some of Brenda's last tweets seemed to concern Amy Tierney. Is she the one involved in printing the photos? The ones that some suspect actually came in the McCann holiday suitcase? There must have been a reason to target Brenda beyond her not-very-fierce tweets...that They have had to conflate with other (possibly made up tweets) to make her seem a monster.The whole thing is sinister and highly suspect.

I've always said that other forums - such as Digispy, the Mirror Forums, the 3As were closed down or seriously disrupted - just as we seemed to be actually getting somewhere.  And I always suspected that many of the more vitriolic comments (especially on the 3As) were generated by the McCanns' team to derail and discredit the reasonable discussions. I wonder if Brenda was a member of any of these sites?

YES. Something/someone was about to say/do something that might blow the whole thing apart. IF, say, it is found that there was an element of pre-planning in terms of what happened to Madeleine and The Fund was fraudulent then there is no need to 'find the body' which both Kate and Gerry always seem to have placed emphasis on.

So what WAS Amy Tierney's role then?

TM have resorted to their usual devices. Public opinion has largely turned again TM, in my opinion. They are having to resort to crude tactics. Many people are quite understandably growing very frustrated with the whole case. People who look guilty are seemingly being protected. Public money is being squandered, so it would seem, to defend the indefensible.

Brutal tactics are being resorted to (imo, they have been using them all along). The most vitriolic attacks, imo, are likely to come from those who have the most to hide. 
Remember, you accuse your critics of doing the very thing that you yourself are doing. This is very effective indeed. And, quite literally, drives people mad as it is so underhand.

But if you are dealing with people with a certain type of mindset, a certain type of personality (disorder) this is what will happen. They will not behave in the way that 'normal' people with a conscience would behave. They will not be reasonable. So hoping or expecting that is a waste of time.

Sky are - as they always have done in this case, imo, creating the news and then reporting on the news that they have created.

Follow the money, folks. This has always been about money, imo.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by Naz_Nomad 06.10.14 13:27

aquila wrote:
haroldd2 wrote:
tegan1973 wrote:

Harold
There will also be CCTV of her journey to the hotel, her parking and her stay there. I hope the hotel have kept it secure.

"Sorry, the CCTV cameras weren't working that day. They had been dismantled for cleaning.  Or something.   Sorry about that"

Activity : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by frost 06.10.14 13:28

Not a fan of Katie Hopkins but good on her I hope more celebs from A to Z list speak out 

[ltr]Professional antagonist Katie Hopkins has set off a social media firestorm after weighing in on the latest developments in the Madeleine McCann case.[/ltr]

[ltr]Referring to the death of Brenda Leyland, the 63-year-old “troll” who allegedly participated in a campaign of online abuse directed at the missing girl’s parents, Hopkins asked her 219,000 Twitter followers:[/ltr]

[ltr]“How many more must die before the McCann’s accept their negligence is at the heart of all their grief? Enough already.”[/ltr]

[ltr]read full article here I cannot get it to post in full   http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/10/06/katie-hopkins-twitter-storm-madeleine-mccann-troll-brenda-leyland-dead_n_5937900.html[/ltr]
frost

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 06.10.14 13:32

We have 'evidence' that M Brunt was 'following' BL on twitter BEFORE (29th Sept 2014) the 'doorstepping' (2nd Oct 2014)

We have 'evidence' that M Brunt tried to 'befriend' one of her twitter 'contacts' BEFORE even her (25th Sept 2014)

(and Brunt was told to 'politely' get 'fecked! because the twitterer wasn't to be 'paid' for a 'live' er, 'interview')

From this 'evidence' we can, logically, 'state', that M Brunt WAS 'phishing' at best, 'stalking' at worse, for 'information' at least a week BEFORE his BL 'exposure' story.

So, all pre-meditated.

I am hoping, upon hope, that BL 'left' a statement/letter, not in her hotel room, (because i'm pretty sure the ol' Bill wouldn't have er, 'found' anything like 'that')  'explaining' her 'position' about what happened to her, in the days after her 'encounter' with Brunt.

Or what he 'said' to her 'off camera', when he went into her home.

AND 'NAIL' BRUNT, FROM BEYOND THE 'GRAVE'!

Please let there be a 'God'......please!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top