The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 28 Mm11

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 28 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 28 Mm11

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 28 Regist10

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 28 Empty Re: Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Post by Smokeandmirrors 06.10.14 10:33

admin wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:
ChippyM wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:
Dont Make Me Laff wrote:@helenmeg - have you got a link please?

Hi - I can only access as have subscription:

end of The Times report states :
Madeleine McCann went missing in Portugal in May 2007, when she was three. Mr and Mrs McCann were cleared by police in 2008 of having any part in the disappearance.

Readers comments :

R

All those people taking it as fact that she did tweet 'vile things'!    Even on an 'intelligent' news site people just go along wit the herd mentality!
Yes - feel so frustrated. Today I feel like we are fighting a losing battle but it is important to carry on.
Brenda died.
I totally agree with your sentiment. This case has got even more dangerous now.

Yes. It is becoming abundantly clear that there is an agenda to prevent the truth EVER coming out. The truth, whatever it may be, is so dangerous that everything possible to keep it concealed will be done. We are living in very dangerous times.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 28 Empty The tweets of Tony Evans of The Times for the record

Post by Tony Bennett 06.10.14 10:35

The tweets of Tony Evans of The Times for the record:

=======================================

Really upset to see that the McCann's twitter troll is dead. We need to find the facts but there are a couple of things worth talking about

She was wrong to send bile-filled tweets to the McCanns. They have suffered enough

But was her abuse bad enough for her to be singled out and put on national television?

A wise journalist once said to me: 'imagine what you're writing was about you? Family and friends would see it. Does the person deserve it?'

He went on. 'You write it and think nothing of it. That person has to live with it. Everyone they know will be talking about it'

If this stupid woman has committed suicide (and I hope there's no connection) I wouldn't like to have been the person involved in the piece

But the point I'm making - on a night my column is about Roy Keane - is think about it. Does the person you criticise deserve it

Are they equipped for it? The McCann woman wasn't. You could see that from the Sky News film. If it was a police issue, fine

Let the police deal with it and then point the cameras.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 28 Empty Re: Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Post by Guest 06.10.14 10:37

Smokeandmirrors wrote:
admin wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:
ChippyM wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:
Dont Make Me Laff wrote:@helenmeg - have you got a link please?

Hi - I can only access as have subscription:

end of The Times report states :
Madeleine McCann went missing in Portugal in May 2007, when she was three. Mr and Mrs McCann were cleared by police in 2008 of having any part in the disappearance.

Readers comments :

R

All those people taking it as fact that she did tweet 'vile things'!    Even on an 'intelligent' news site people just go along wit the herd mentality!
Yes - feel so frustrated. Today I feel like we are fighting a losing battle but it is important to carry on.
Brenda died.
I totally agree with your sentiment. This case has got even more dangerous now.

Yes. It is becoming abundantly clear that there is an agenda to prevent the truth EVER coming out. The truth, whatever it may be, is so dangerous that everything possible to keep it concealed will be done. We are living in very dangerous times.

I too am now convinced that something very big is being protected.

The effort by the establishment including the media is ENORMOUS.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by frost 06.10.14 10:38

for all the newcomers who have joined due to this sad news the following links are a good source of info on the McCann case .

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk 

and   http://goncaloamaraltruthofthelie.blogspot.co.uk
frost

Activity : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.14 10:40

Tony Bennett wrote:The tweets of Tony Evans of The Times for the record:

She was wrong to send bile-filled tweets to the McCanns. They have suffered enough

"Bile-filled"?

You will notice that no one in the media is producing any of these "bile-filled" tweets "sent" to the McCanns.

Massive closing of ranks going on in the media.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff 06.10.14 10:46

roses Thank you Helenmeg for posting those comments.

Very Dangerous times indeed.... imo the worst trolls are MSM
Dont Make Me Laff
Dont Make Me Laff

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 06.10.14 10:46

HelenMeg wrote:Rogue a Tory  - you say that people are thinking about this and wondering why someone from middle England thinks so strongly over the Madeleine case.

I think that people are thinking (due to MSM reporting in general) that there are some vile people out there who are abusing the Mc Canns online - poor Mc Canns. There are many reader comments that back up my thinking - what backs up your thinking? Yes I' d like to believe you but there is a huge band of people that simply believe in neglect / abduction and internet trolls.

I think you are being optimistic although maybe I'm just overly pessimistic today.
Agreed that people will be taken in by the MSM reporting of this. That's been there all along though with Madeleine. But I believe that there will be many people who may not have previously thought to deeply about this will be wondering why these people, from what appears to be a non-confrontational background, have been taking an extreme stance.

On Friday or over the weekend people will have been thinking poor McCann's - again. But today, I'm believing that attitude is different. I seriously don't believe that Brenda Leyland fitted the sterotypical view of a troll and am hopeful that will be the stimulus to debate or better still some action. After all, how many are complaining to regulatory authorities this morning? Plus ther has to be an investigation into the tragic death of Brenda.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 06.10.14 10:47

BlueBag wrote:

"Bile-filled"?

You will notice that no one in the media is producing any of these "bile-filled" tweets "sent" to the McCanns.

I think this is what people should complain to IPSO about. Where is the accuracy of reporting B.L. tweeted anything offensive or bile filled?

''i) The Press must take care not to publish inaccurate, misleading or distorted information, including pictures.
ii) A significant inaccuracy, misleading statement or distortion once recognised must be corrected, promptly and with due prominence, and - where appropriate - an apology published. In cases involving the Regulator, prominence should be agreed with the Regulator in advance.''
https://www.ipso.co.uk/IPSO/makeacomplaint.html

The misleading Daily Mail graphic and Carole Malone's '50 texts a day' claim also come under this clause.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 06.10.14 10:55

BlueBag wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:D Mail reporting on this this morning ends with 'the Mc Canns have been cleared of involvement in their daughter's disappearance '.

So Frustrating to read this. So Wrong to state this - going out to 1000's of readers. Spreading an incorrect story.
The immensity of what we are up against is staggering.

This has to be something big for such a coordinated effort from all these places, goverment, police and media.

Agree 100%. As concerned and only indirectly affected we feel strong emotions. Can you therefore imagine the agonies of frustration, devastation and rage experienced by those abused by the Catholic Church; the Westiminster circle; the Rotheram care homes; Saville; Hillsborough. Thousands of individuals sacrificed on the alter of power. So many disgusting crimes committed - and every one covered up for decades by government, police and media - all hints of revelation ruthlessly suppressed.

We rightly feel outraged by this current-day example of a high-level whitewash, but it is useful to realise that information control has been endemic in the UK since the dawn of time. They know how to do it - and compared to the cover-ups in the past, this one has been quite easy. The internet complicates things massively, and Brenda was outed and sacrificed as warning to all.

The government is itching to control the internet but Wikileaks / Snowden / Forums / Twitter are so far resisting it. They won't give up though and to judge from the media articles today, they plan to use this to strengthen their case.

As for Maddie - there is now no hope whatsoever of justice for her. The recent tragedy has raised the stakes so high that the government cannot and will not allow the truth to emerge - whatever the cost. Death, and how it is reported in the media has now been added as an acceptable means of control. A dark day for the UK.

Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 06.10.14 10:59

BlueBag wrote:

"Bile-filled"?

The Media is frankly a "bile-filled" bullying machine. Individuals in the celebrity world are continuously having every atom of their being scrutinised in the most bitchy unkind way possible. The papers are so spiteful that many people have had mental collapses due to their handiwork. Yet the failure to provide evidence of a single bile-filled Tweet from Brenda is not being highlighted in the MSM. Sky news have gone after a woman who was not at that current time charged with any offence, who expressed a sentiment LESSER that Kate McCanns published desire to make G Amaral feel "miserable, fear".

This utterly disgusting display of double standards, cruelty and harassment by Sky has truly left me feeling incandescent at the warped and perverted priorities of the Press, and in particularly Martin Brunt, who KNEW FULL WELL that his actions would at the very least destroy Brendas life.

He KNEW he was setting out to destroy a 63 yr old's life, he did so will full knowledge he was destroying her life, he succeeded and will face no charges.

Martin Brunt and Sky news took a planned and deliberate course of action, in the full knowledge they were destroying a life.

There is now a body in a refrigerator somewhere in Leicestershire for the sake of a cheap story.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by truthfultiger 06.10.14 11:01

[quote="BlueBag"]
frost wrote:[size=14] Q “How long must the Mccanns suffer” answer “for the rest of their miserable lives” ......
If this is the worst Sweepyface tweet that could come up with then someone needs to be held accountable.

The juxtaposing of this with more serious anonymous tweets was outrageous.

My thinking to bluebag. I had a look at the cached tweets that were posted.on here but gave up trying to find
anything which was particularly "vile" or "troll" like, partly because I find tweet language very difficult to read, partly because there are so many tweets from her. But I am assuming that the "miserable lives" tweet was the worst the journos could find as surely they would have published worse ones if they could find them. I think it is disgraceful the way they put her somewhat ambiguous tweet next to other much worse ones (which we don't even know if these anonymous ones are genuine tweets or are the true opinion of the person tweeting or have been planted deliberately to show how awful these "haters" are -although I tend to believe that there are people who would regiment think and say these things). Perhaps her son should sue the media for character defamation (although perhaps not possible now his mother is tragically dead as a result.
truthfultiger

Activity : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 06.10.14 11:03

BlueBag wrote:

"Bile-filled"?

Closing of ranks isn't going to alter the fact of how this poor lady was treated.    So sorry for her and her family.

Who knows who is posting the comments on The Times article - could be their very own journalists or mates of journalists for all we know? 

I wonder whether her son (when and if  he feels the time is right) tries to sue Sky and the Mirror for the way Brenda was treated.  Get some hot shot American lawyer on the case.

Bile filled comments - that's how I would describe Carol Malone's piece  at the weekend.   Do these people even read what they write before sending it to be printed, it sure makes me wonder whether they do.

So none of these so -called bile filled comments have been produced by the media - I do hope Brenda's son takes action.

Nick Ferrari, is he the fat bloke who sits on the sofa doing the news review in the mornings with wee Kelly?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by truthfultiger 06.10.14 11:08

Sorry, my attempt at quoting went a bit wonky. I tried to snip it as I couldn't see what I was writing on my phone and it seems to have messed up the whole thing.
truthfultiger

Activity : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 06.10.14 11:12

This event comes so soon after the book  - it seems that things are really hotting up between the factions. I sincerely believe we are witnessing the Last Battle over the resolution of the case of Madeleine Mc Cann.
I feel that certain factions are showing desperation no. I just hope the end is nigh.
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 06.10.14 11:15

frost wrote:for all the newcomers who have joined due to this sad news the following links are a good source of info on the McCann case .

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk 

and   http://goncaloamaraltruthofthelie.blogspot.co.uk
Invaluable info here too

http://www.mccannfiles.com/index.html
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 06.10.14 11:16

Carobees3 wrote:Good morning - long time reader (years) - and finally poster......

I was alerted to the very sad death of Brenda Leyland on LBC this morning.  The presenter Nick Ferarri read out all the tweets published by Sky as if they had all been sent by Mrs Leyland.  I have emailed him and pointed out that she was not a 'troll', and that the 'vile' comments were not sent by her.  It is shameful and cheap journalism at its very worst. 

Following Tony Bennett's link I have complained to Ofcom, and will now complain to IPSO, and anywhere else where it might make a difference. 

Thanks to all who make this a worthwhile forum, (although I wish it didn't need to exist) and that the perpetrators of the crime against Madeleine are arrested very soon.

Welcome to the forum .

Why not ring the radio station on the direct line to the studio, and request that they retract the statements that are attributed to her , and apologise on air to her family and the listeners for this disgusting misleading item .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 06.10.14 11:17

Rogue-a-Tory wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:Rogue a Tory  - you say that people are thinking about this and wondering why someone from middle England thinks so strongly over the Madeleine case.

I think that people are thinking (due to MSM reporting in general) that there are some vile people out there who are abusing the Mc Canns online - poor Mc Canns. There are many reader comments that back up my thinking - what backs up your thinking? Yes I' d like to believe you but there is a huge band of people that simply believe in neglect / abduction and internet trolls.

I think you are being optimistic although maybe I'm just overly pessimistic today.
Agreed that people will be taken in by the MSM reporting of this. That's been there all along though with Madeleine. But I believe that there will be many people who may not have previously thought to deeply about this will be wondering why these people, from what appears to be a non-confrontational background, have been taking an extreme stance.

On Friday or over the weekend people will have been thinking poor McCann's - again. But today, I'm believing that attitude is different. I seriously don't believe that Brenda Leyland fitted the sterotypical view of a troll and am hopeful that will be the stimulus to debate or better still some action. After all, how many are complaining to regulatory authorities this morning? Plus ther has to be an investigation into the tragic death of Brenda.
Yes - hope that is right Rogue- a -Tory.
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 06.10.14 11:26

The only thing we can hope for now is balance , This is going to be difficult especially at this time but for the sake of there mothers memory , her children must be strong , come forward and explain to the media that there mother WAS NOT A TROLL OR MONSTER OR VILE , she was just a person who has formed her opinion re this case , Then they should explain why she arrived at her opinion , and then ask for the evidence of her VILE posts to be produced .

Finally sue the national press and Sky etc , for everything they have got for slander , defimation of character etc .

If Brenda's family are strong , and keep there cool and do the above , they will vindicate there Mother , restore her name , and blow open this case , to the masses once and for all .

I really hope they have the strength to do this . it is the only hope for any justice . you owe it to your mothers memory . fight back we are all behind you .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.14 11:27

I'm sure I just caught on the radio2  news at 11 that the police are investigating her death.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 06.10.14 11:30

This must be investigated - it is on film that she was accused of being a troll and as a result she took her own life. They now have to produce evidence of trolling.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 06.10.14 11:31

stillsloppingout wrote:The only thing we can hope for now is balance , This is going to be difficult especially at this time but for the sake of there mothers memory , her children must be strong , come forward and explain to the media that there mother WAS NOT A TROLL OR MONSTER OR VILE , she was just a person who has formed her opinion re this case , Then they should explain why she arrived at her opinion , and then ask for the evidence of her VILE posts to be produced .

Finally sue the national press and Sky etc , for everything they have got for slander , defimation of character etc .

If Brenda's family are strong , and keep there cool and do the above , they will vindicate there Mother , restore her name , and blow open this case , to the masses once and for all .

I really hope they have the strength to do this . it is the only hope for any justice . you owe it to your mothers memory . fight back we are all behind you .
Yes, we are all behind them, time for the little people to fight back.   This is an absolute disgrace.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 06.10.14 11:35

Bumping bluebags link to Brenda’s tweets for reference as it has taken ages to find it again.

Bluebag ( Sun 5/10/14 @ 7.47):

Did she even say it?

http://greptweet.com/u/sweepyface/sweepyface.txt
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by lufc50337 06.10.14 11:42

plebgate wrote:
stillsloppingout wrote:The only thing we can hope for now is balance , This is going to be difficult especially at this time but for the sake of there mothers memory , her children must be strong , come forward and explain to the media that there mother WAS NOT A TROLL OR MONSTER OR VILE , she was just a person who has formed her opinion re this case , Then they should explain why she arrived at her opinion , and then ask for the evidence of her VILE posts to be produced .

Yes, we are all behind them, time for the little people to fight back.   This is an absolute disgrace.
Totally agree 

I have been thinking about Brenda and her family constantly since this has happened and how her memory deserves justice.

Brenda was well aware of what GA and others have been through and that's the reason the majority of doubters   keep their identity anonymous.
lufc50337

Activity : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 06.10.14 11:42

It would be interesting to know if SY/OG/CPS will release their findings on Brenda Leyland's tweets. I'd like to know whether they did indeed look into this 'dossier' and I'd like to know if they considered what BL wrote to be a criminal offence and what their intentions were i.e. to prosecute/caution/no case to answer.

I'd like to know what precise actions were taken to investigate this 'dossier'.

In the Sky News doorstepping, all-day extravaganza- Brunt informs BL she's been reported to Scotland Yard.

I'd like to know if SY/OG had been in contact with Brenda prior to Sky News' speaking to her.

I'd like to know if SY/OG had been in contact with Brenda after Sky News' speaking to her.

I'd like to know if SY/OG had been approached/made any comment to Sky News prior to their interview.

I hope these things will become clear at the inquest.

If I am able, I will attend the inquest.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13387

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 06.10.14 11:47

sally66 wrote:
plebgate wrote:

Totally agree 

I have been thinking about Brenda and her family constantly since this has happened and how her memory deserves justice.

Brenda was well aware of what GA and others have been through and that's the reason the majority of doubters   keep their identity anonymous.
As we all know too Sally, Tony was threatened with prison and he has paid a very high price for speaking out.  I still believe more and more will start joining and speaking out after this shocking turn of events.

As someone else posted, keep the posts polite and question what has been said.  there AS YET, is no law against that.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top