The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 34 Mm11

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 34 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 34 Mm11

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 34 Regist10

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 34 Empty Re: Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Post by galena 06.10.14 14:33

j.rob wrote:
Bishop Brennan wrote:Gerry has surfaced to give his opinion on the death of Brenda :

Mr McCann told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that, while he had not seen the @sweepyface tweets, online abuse had caused his family “severe distress”.

“I think we probably need more people to be charged,” he said.

It's hard to imagine how he could sink any lower.  

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/11143446/Madeleine-McCann-Twitter-troll-death-Calls-for-public-inquiry-after-body-is-found.html

Why are they giving the McCanns any air time at all? What about the 'severe distress' that TM have caused people who have tried to find out what happened to his daughter?

Why should GM be any kind of 'spokesperson' for anything at all?
Any unsolved case like Madeleine is bound to create a certain amount of discussion online and people coming up with their own theories as to what happened.  Go to any forum that deals with real life mysteries and you will find people putting forward their theories about guilt/responsibility many of which involve people who are still alive.  Why should the McCanns alone expect to be exempt from this kind of comment?
galena

Activity : 291

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 34 Empty Re: Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Post by Marnelakis 06.10.14 14:34

j.rob wrote:

Exactly how I feel - why does he believe he is so important?  Like everyone else he's entitled to his own opinion but if he wants to stick his head above the parapet and spout his beliefs on 'responsible parenting', 'cadaver dogs', and press freedom then he has to accept that a percentage of the population will disagree with him and they have a right of redress.
Marnelakis

Activity : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 06.10.14 14:36

BlueBag wrote:
DonNewbery wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:
DonNewbery wrote:

What on earth makes you think that such a statement/letter will necessarily survive (and reappear at the inquest), given the basic details we have been told about the sequence of events after her body was discovered?

"details we have been TOLD...."
----------------------------------------

YEP! Right up there alongside the 'details' we were TOLD that Madeleine McCann WAS 'abducted'!

Now WHO 'told' us THAT?

thinking

Oh yeah, i remember now, ONLY, i repeat, ONLY, the two parents of the 'missing' child!

One, of which, WAS the LAST, very LAST, 'person' to have 'seen' her 'alive' in her bed.

istbc, obviously, i might well be totally wrong about 'the details i've been TOLD' about a 3 years old child's 'abduction' by the child's own parents.

You have missed my point (probably my fault for expressing it in deliberately 'abstract' terms). What I was referring to was simply what has been reported on the news, namely:

'A spokesman for Leicestershire Police said: "Police were called at 13:42 on Saturday 4 October to reports of a body of a woman in a hotel room in Smith Way, Grove Park [in Leicester].
"Officers have attended the scene and a file is being prepared for the coroner. The death is not being treated as suspicious."'

My point was that, the above being the case, IF there was any kind of suicide/note or letter, would it necessarily survive/ be kept as evidence for the inquest? I suppose you could accuse me of having a paranoid or distrustful nature :) ...

Would Brenda's body be examined for signs of poisoning? How thorough are these things?

What is the story of her and the hotel?

I hope her family can get an independent medical opinion, just sayin.
Joss
Joss

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 06.10.14 14:36

sally66 wrote:
tiny wrote:@Sally66,if brunt is a nice man then why did he do this to Brenda.sorry but brunt must face the conciquence of his disgusting action.
That's what I was saying Tiny

It is Spudgun (whom I have a lot of respect for) who says MB is a nice man but on this point I disagree with him

Somewhere in this case MB has sold out

If he is a 'nice man' (unlikely from what we have seen), then he is clearly an astonishingly stupid man also. His spectacular lack of judgement has directly led to the tragic death of a woman and mother. If he is "nice" then he will almost certainly resign and will rightly carry the guilt of this death with him for the rest of his life.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by thetruthbeknown 06.10.14 14:37

Joss wrote:If Brenda "Fled" her home to go to a hotel, i wonder what spooked her into doing that? She hadn't been found guilty of any crime. Was she in fear of her life, and if so Why? Were people threatening her life?
It was said that she fled shortly after being photographed on the Thursday, so obviously was still an interest to the press, probably reporters hanging around. I probably would have done the same thing. Most of us would have no idea how to deal with a press invasion.
thetruthbeknown

Activity : 282

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 06.10.14 14:37

Mr McCann told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that, while he had not seen the @sweepyface tweets, online abuse had caused his family' “severe distress”.

Oh the exquisite irony of that quote. If only at least two people could be charged in connection with what happened to Madeleine. If only.
Can we have a list of people who, in the opinion of posters, may have been caused 'severe distress' by TM?
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 06.10.14 14:42

'A spokesman for Leicestershire Police said: "Police were called at 13:42 on Saturday 4 October to reports of a body of a woman in a hotel room in Smith Way, Grove Park [in Leicester].
"Officers have attended the scene and a file is being prepared for the coroner. The death is not being treated as suspicious."'

So we are back to Leicestershire police then are we? And a very mysterious disappearance death. And a version of events that is 'not suspicious.'

Hmmm.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 06.10.14 14:44

j.rob wrote:'A spokesman for Leicestershire Police said: "Police were called at 13:42 on Saturday 4 October to reports of a body of a woman in a hotel room in Smith Way, Grove Park [in Leicester].

So we are back to Leicestershire police then are we? And a very mysterious disappearance death. And a version of events that is 'not suspicious.'

Hmmm.
this is another reason why the truth must come out
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by DonNewbery 06.10.14 14:45

BlueBag wrote:
DonNewbery wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:
DonNewbery wrote:

What on earth makes you think that such a statement/letter will necessarily survive (and reappear at the inquest), given the basic details we have been told about the sequence of events after her body was discovered?

"details we have been TOLD...."
----------------------------------------

YEP! Right up there alongside the 'details' we were TOLD that Madeleine McCann WAS 'abducted'!

Now WHO 'told' us THAT?

thinking

Oh yeah, i remember now, ONLY, i repeat, ONLY, the two parents of the 'missing' child!

One, of which, WAS the LAST, very LAST, 'person' to have 'seen' her 'alive' in her bed.

istbc, obviously, i might well be totally wrong about 'the details i've been TOLD' about a 3 years old child's 'abduction' by the child's own parents.

You have missed my point (probably my fault for expressing it in deliberately 'abstract' terms). What I was referring to was simply what has been reported on the news, namely:

My point was that, the above being the case, IF there was any kind of suicide/note or letter, would it necessarily survive/ be kept as evidence for the inquest? I suppose you could accuse me of having a paranoid or distrustful nature :) ...

Would Brenda's body be examined for signs of poisoning? How thorough are these things?

What is the story of her and the hotel?

I'm not saying anything as dramatic as that. I'm simply saying - do I really have to spell it out? - that if she wrote any kind of note about the way she may have been harassed by the men in plain clothes, or whatever, or anything at all of that kind, any 'any other kind' (think of initials and a number), it's the kind of disturbing evidence that I would not necessarily expect to be produced at an inquest, because it could, just, conceivably 'disappear' ... couldn't it?
DonNewbery

Activity : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 06.10.14 14:45

galena wrote:
j.rob wrote:
Bishop Brennan wrote:Gerry has surfaced to give his opinion on the death of Brenda :

Mr McCann told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that, while he had not seen the @sweepyface tweets, online abuse had caused his family “severe distress”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/11143446/Madeleine-McCann-Twitter-troll-death-Calls-for-public-inquiry-after-body-is-found.html

Why are they giving the McCanns any air time at all? What about the 'severe distress' that TM have caused people who have tried to find out what happened to his daughter?

Any unsolved case like Madeleine is bound to create a certain amount of discussion online and people coming up with their own theories as to what happened.  Go to any forum that deals with real life mysteries and you will find people putting forward their theories about guilt/responsibility many of which involve people who are still alive.  Why should the McCanns alone expect to be exempt from this kind of comment?
I agree, there are many online forums to discuss missing, murdered and abused children. I followed the Casey Anthony case for the duration and some others, and if the MC's think they are on the receiving end of vitriol, they are fooling themselves. You should of seen some of the comments in some of these other cases in the States, but no one ever got called out on National TV by the media like Brenda did for being a supposed "troll", and from what i have read about her tweets they are very very tame in comparison to some of the cases i have followed.
Plus people should know in any high profile case that involves a child especially, emotions run very high and sometimes a little out of control. It should be expected under the circumstances, or don't get your mug on the media and let the authorities sort it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.14 14:46

Bishop, The Telegraph has compiled this report clumsily.  Gerry McCann was speaking on Today on Friday, 3rd October discussing "on-line trolls" the day before BL's death.

For clarity I would like to see the MSM provide a definition what they believe is an internet troll at the beginning of every piece that is published/broadcast.  Currently it seems to apply to anyone who dares to write anything that challenges the official story or the saintliness of you-know-who.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by thetruthbeknown 06.10.14 14:47

I think police are not allowed to put further details, or speculate to be honest. This is their most recent news bulletin:

Woman identified following non-suspicious death in Leicester

Issued on 6/10/14 at 12:55 p.m.
Officers were called at 1.42pm on Saturday October 4 following a report of Brenda Leyland being found deceased at a hotel room in Smith Way, Grove Park.
Ms Leyland’s death is not being treated as suspicious and a file is being prepared for the Coroner. Officers acting on behalf of the Coroner will look into the circumstances surrounding and prior to her unexpected death.
thetruthbeknown

Activity : 282

Back to top Go down

Post by inspirespirit 06.10.14 14:50

Who would have discovered her at that time of the morning?   You would have thought if she had committed suicide she wouldn't have been found until the next day when, either she hadn't checked out, or they came to do the room.
inspirespirit
inspirespirit

Activity : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 06.10.14 14:50

thetruthbeknown wrote:
Joss wrote:If Brenda "Fled" her home to go to a hotel, i wonder what spooked her into doing that? She hadn't been found guilty of any crime. Was she in fear of her life, and if so Why? Were people threatening her life?
It was said that she fled shortly after being photographed on the Thursday, so obviously was still an interest to the press, probably reporters hanging around. I probably would have done the same thing. Most of us would have no idea how to deal with a press invasion.
Yes you are probably right. I would tell them to P*ss Off and call the cops that they were harassing and trespassing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 06.10.14 14:53

thetruthbeknown wrote:Most of us would have no idea how to deal with a press invasion.
I believe the standard response is to ring the Prime Minister who immediately sends out his right-hand communications officer. It's the standard response and an avenue open to all UK citizens. laughat
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by DonNewbery 06.10.14 14:54

inspirespirit wrote:Who would have discovered her at that time of the morning?   You would have thought if she had committed suicide she wouldn't have been found until the next day when, either she hadn't checked out, or they came to do the room.
You haven't read the time properly. It was 1.42 in the afternoon.
DonNewbery

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 06.10.14 14:55

inspirespirit wrote:Who would have discovered her at that time of the morning?   You would have thought if she had committed suicide she wouldn't have been found until the next day when, either she hadn't checked out, or they came to do the room.

Yeah it's odd and not passing the smell test sad
Joss
Joss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 06.10.14 14:56

Ladyinred wrote:

Bishop, The Telegraph has compiled this report clumsily.  Gerry McCann was speaking on Today on Friday, 3rd October discussing "on-line trolls" the day before BL's death.

For clarity I would like to see the MSM provide a definition what they believe is an internet troll at the beginning of every piece that is published/broadcast.  Currently it seems to apply to anyone who dares to write anything that challenges the official story or the saintliness of you-know-who.

Ahh. Thanks for clarifying that. I did wonder as it clashed with the earlier "no comment" reports.

"Troll" has replaced the juvenile term "hater" as a shorthand and lazy way for the MSM or authorities to dismiss / ridicule alternative viewpoints. Often used in conjunction with the output of "trolls" - the "conspiracy theory".
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by DonNewbery 06.10.14 14:57

Joss wrote:

I repeat: it was 13:42.  Gosh these internet forums are a hard slog ...!
DonNewbery

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.10.14 14:58

Marnelakis wrote:
j.rob wrote: Why should GM be any kind of 'spokesperson' for anything at all?
Exactly how I feel - why does he believe he is so important?  
But this just shows how very important Gerry and Kate McCann have become in our society - and how some very high-up people indeed make very good use of them.

Already we have:

* The newspapers making pots of money from putting Madeleine stories on their front pages

* The Prime Minister buckling to their demands for a review

* Summers and Swan cashing in

* Missing People, P.A.C.T. and Amber Alert using them as ambassadors and fund-raisers

* People like Oprah Winfrey and Piers Morgan seeking them out for interviews

* 'Hacked Off' co-opting them on to their committee and getting Gerry to virtually 'front' their campaign

* Leveson making good use of them to try and muzzle the press

* Jim Gamble cashing in on his support for them, basking in the McCanns' after-glow to to speak.

All of this is based on the official FACT that Madeleine was abducted.

And all of this would COLLAPSE IN A HEAP if that 'fact' was ever falsified. 

(Although since CrimeWatch 2013 the abduction didn't take place between 9.11 and 9.14 but between 9.11 and about 9.55).

BUT NOW, the McCanns are being pressed into service once again, this time (as it looks) to bring in legislation to control the internet.

They are so useful to so many people and causes now that it is hard to know what cause they will be backing next.

Compulsory microchipping?

But here and now, what a terrible dilemma for them.

Brenda Leyland has been hounded to death by SKYNews, which in the past has done so much for them.

Do they...

A. Tear into SKY for invading the poor woman's privacy and causing her to commit suicide? (as per Hacked Off and Leveson)

OR

B. Hang their heads in shame - in private of course - at having virtually called for the heads of those that dare criticise them, only to find out that they have got their evil wish granted far sooner, and far more spectacularly, than they could ever have wished.

No wonder that Gerry McCann is suddenly silent after his tirades against trolls earlier in the week.

And hiding under the skirt of Clarence Mitchell

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 06.10.14 14:58

DonNewbery wrote:
You haven't read the time properly. It was 1.42 in the afternoon.
Wouldn't the room have been done by then though? They normally do the rooms in the morning from my experience of staying in a motel.

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 06.10.14 15:00

Joss wrote:

There is nothing strange about the time. Most hotels ask that you to vacate  your room anytime between 10AM - 12PM.  The cleaners will then clean the room. I spend a lot of time away, on short breaks, and I have arrived at my hotel very often, and the room "isn't quite ready". On some occasions I haVE arrived as late as 2:30PM and the receptionist has made a call to see if the room is ready.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 06.10.14 15:01

sallypelt wrote:
Joss wrote:

There is nothing strange about the time. Most hotels ask that you to vacate  your room anytime between 10AM - 12PM.  The cleaners will then clean the room. I spend a lot of time away, on short breaks, and I have arrived at my hotel very often, and the room "isn't quite ready". On some occasions I arrive as late as 2:30PM and the receptionist has made a call to see if the room is ready.
Thanks for clarifying. It's probably different in some countries than others then from where i am :)
Joss
Joss

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 06.10.14 15:03

Joss wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
Joss wrote:

There is nothing strange about the time. Most hotels ask that you to vacate  your room anytime between 10AM - 12PM.  The cleaners will then clean the room. I spend a lot of time away, on short breaks, and I have arrived at my hotel very often, and the room "isn't quite ready". On some occasions I arrive as late as 2:30PM and the receptionist has made a call to see if the room is ready.
Thanks for clarifying. It's probably different in some countries than others then from where i am :)

Joss, it varies greatly from hotel to hotel, in this country.
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 06.10.14 15:04

I have just checked the checking out time of the hotel, and in this instance it's Check in after 2:00PM and check out by 12:00 PM [sic]
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top