The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 25 Mm11

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 25 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 25 Mm11

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 25 Regist10

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 25 Empty Re: Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Post by Okeydokey 06.10.14 1:12

Naz_Nomad wrote:
Woofer wrote:Brenda`s suicide has affected me so deeply and it`s not just because of her passing.

It has brought to the fore just what`s going on in this country.  When one sees that a `dossier` has been compiled of people merely expressing an opinion, it just reeks of how sinister the USSR used to be and how China, North Korea etc are still.  It`s getting far too close to 1984 and the thought police.  It makes me shudder.  It makes me wonder what other `dossiers` are being compiled on every citizen.

No doubt if you were to express that opinion to many people , you would be branded a "tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist".

Actually no. I think most people understand that free speech is a bit of a myth. You are only really allowed to express opinions that are considered correct. Anything else gets stamped on. Most people I speak to agree this is the case.
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 25 Empty Re: Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Post by Okeydokey 06.10.14 1:15

Ollie wrote:Gerry McCann had said make example of web trolls...did the McCanns give "the green light" for the dossier to be given to Sky? They gave the green light to family and friends to leak things to the media in the days after Madeleines "disappearance".

I would hope this will form part of the police investigation that should follow this sad death. Surely Martin Brunt must be interviewed by the Police to ensure that his interactions with Brenda were all above board? Likewise, the Police must surely follow up how Martin Brunt came to be in posession of this personal information, given the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 06.10.14 1:19

That's a very sad pic of Brenda Leyland and Martin Brunt. Little did she know she was meeting her nemesis. In a split second her life changed - and so did Martin Brunt's, forever.

Is Martin Brunt ever going to issue an expression of regret? Or is the man completely unfeeling? Surely not! But if he is being restrained by lawyers and the like, concerned that he should not incriminate himself or Sky News, well that's hardly better.
Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by haroldd2 06.10.14 2:47

First questions that come to mind:

1) Who paid for the hotel room?

2) Who was she going out to meet? (I am old enough to remember Hilda Murrell)

3) Did the CPS officials know of Martin Brunt's involvement?

4) Have any details been published of what she is said to have done which might have constituted a tort or offence?

5) If she sent any tweets or other communications, what point or points was she concentrating on?

6) Any information regarding her time at the Leicester Marriott hotel - when she arrived, whether she went out at all, whether she had any visitors, etc.

7) The Marriotts are Mormons... Any connections here? Do they have the Book of Mormon in each room in their British hotels as well as the US ones? Just wondered.

It is outrageous for the police to say the death isn't being treated as suspicious when they are fully aware that this woman was hassled in the street shortly before she died. Or are McCann disbelievers not entitled to the protection supposedly afforded by the Protection from Harassment Act?

Harold
haroldd2

Activity : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 06.10.14 3:21

I also get a dishonorable mention yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for me  Mrs Mrs Mrs

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.14 4:07

I'm shocked. Just found out about this whole story. The Daily Mail writes that this woman's death has not been treated as suspicious. How is this not suspicious? 
What year is it? 1984?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tiredofthebs 06.10.14 4:10

We really need to know where Brunt got this info.

Murdochs papers have been hacking phones and paying public officials for information for years. There was whispers that sky news had dabbled in such measures.

If it is discovered that Brunty got this woman's details in some underhand way then the shit really could hit the fan.

But even if Brunt did just read her info on a website, how did he confirm it was her? If he didn't make any checks to even be certain it was the right woman then I don't see how he can keep his job. You can't have a news channel just reading peoples info on a website and doorstepping them because they feel like it.

Activity : 215

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 06.10.14 5:59

tiredofthebs wrote:We really need to know where Brunt got this info.

Murdochs papers have been hacking phones and paying public officials for information for years. There was whispers that sky news had dabbled in such measures.

If it is discovered that Brunty got this woman's details in some underhand way then the shit really could hit the fan.

But even if Brunt did just read her info on a website, how did he confirm it was her? If he didn't make any checks to even be certain it was the right woman then I don't see how he can keep his job. You can't have a news channel just reading peoples info on a website and doorstepping them because they feel like it.

This awful incident will be swept up within the overarching whitewash that is ongoing.  Indeed it is likely to bring the whitewash to a swift conclusion as it now risks going completely out of control.   The inquest will take place in about a month or so and will conclude that the media, Brunt and Sky all "acted within the bounds of reasonable journalism".  The case will be closed and the media will lecture us about the risks and consequences of using the internet to post "hate".

Brunt's reputation however will never recover.  And quite right too.  Nobody with a sense of justice or respect for free-speech will ever forget what he did, and he will live with the knowledge that he caused Brenda's death for the rest of his life.  Meanwhile the internet will continue to replace the MSM as the main source of accurate (and inaccurate) information.  There are now so few MSM journalists left with any credibility or integrity, and their reaction to this latest tragedy simply highlights that fact.

ETA: Remember too that the MSM sat on this story for 24 hours and it only broke it when Twitter picked it up from Brenda's son's post on FB, and it went viral.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.14 6:46

Bishop Brennan wrote:ETA:  Remember too that the MSM sat on this story for 24 hours and it only broke it when Twitter picked it up from Brenda's son's post on FB, and it went viral.  

That's pretty incredible isn't it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy 06.10.14 7:00

Hello there, sorry have not been online for ages so have not read through entire thread....just wanted to say stumbled upon that news stories, very shocked, however I am inclined to think that this is another move by the powers above to start carrying out more internet control, they don't like it when we form our own opinions then openly tell them. They hate us critical thinkers and they want to stamp it out.  David Cameron was already suggesting that anyone who criticises the official 9/11 or 7/7 story is a supporter of terrorism thus a terrorist just recently...it doesn't bode well for us lot. Internet controls will follow this, mark my words.   Shocking so shocking, if in fact this lady is dead who killed her did she suicide herself or someone do it for her as part of a set up????  JUST MY OPINION, MY CRITICAL ANALYSIS... ... honestly, what kind of world are we living in guys... nah

ETA it is just so typical of the mainstream media brainwashing/indoctrination unit to state as fact that the trolls 'are wrong and that the McCann's are totally innocent'...what does that tell you, me everybody about the world we live in??  We are being lied to repeatedly about everything, NOT JUST THIS !!!'  I trust none of that now and I don't want mainstream news, I read alternative news websites.  This just seals the deal for me. TOTAL WHITEWASH.

Activity : 469

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.14 7:09

OMG... 

This is a GROSS misrepresentation.

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 25 _78028810_mirror-front-06oct

"Maddie tauts".

"sent sick web abuse to Kate and Gerry"

I know who the real sick people are.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.14 7:09

Brenda Leyland's death is headline news this morning on Radio 4's "Today" programme. They are repeating the word troll throughout their  report.  Such lazy journalism, and disrepectful - this lady was firstly a human being, someone's mother and friend.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 06.10.14 7:11

I'll be interested to hear what the 'Impress Project' have to say about all this.
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy 06.10.14 7:16

predictive programming, indoctrination and brainwashing....using the same name over and over until it is embedded in the psyche of people in order to prevent people from, in the future, writing, commenting, using critical thinking etc. to challenge the official line of anything.  People will think 'oh I better not write that, oh I better not visit that website, oh I best keep my comments to myself' out of fear. Fear that they are creating in people's minds because 'there will be consequences for those who do'...new internet policing laws will come, people will become fearful of everything they say, do and think.  This stinks to high heaven..... set the pace, show an example and tell people how they must conform, moving forwards.... disgusting !!  We are moving towards a sorry state of affairs in society if this continues.

Activity : 469

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.14 7:20

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-29501646

BBC News website also reporting that the Mcs have endured a sustained internet hate campaign.  How about some independent reporting, BBC? I expect professional, original and ethical news and information from my licence fee contribution, not tabloidese.  Disgusting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 06.10.14 7:23

NickE wrote:

[ltr]@basilandmanuel[/ltr]

· 4 okt

[ltr]@SafariSara has tigger left haverns then? Tigger was sweepyface #mccann [/ltr]

[ltr]Is this true??[/ltr]

As basilandmanuel is likely to be word perfect on the Fawlty Towers script I could say  ' I know nozzing!'

However reports of my death are an exaggeration as the great man said.

He also said that most opinions are second-hand - how happy TM would be if these were all derived from the official story but there are many here who have based their opinion on  research and hard facts, not on press reports.

This is the second time that  a 'death by media'  related to  a high profile story is the direct result of actions by  journalists.

The nurse who committed suicide because she was tricked into revealing details about The Duchess of Cambridge is another one.

Brunt doorstepping a somewhat randomly chosen tweeter - I don't follow tweets much and tweet so rarely that I have to get a new password every time -  is  simply not journalism but judgement by TV.  A logical progression from Big Brother?

Last thought,  TM have their very own Media Monitoring Unit. Surely a great waste of resources if all they did was monitoring?

The above is from Kate McCann's statement in court in Lisbon last July. To me this indicates that  the search of Madeleine comes second to what people think about the McCanns. Perhaps not even second.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 06.10.14 7:31

BlueBag wrote:The Press Complaints Commisson need to address this complete dirty hatchet-job.

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 25 1412202951221_wps_23_TWEETS_latest_jpg

This was grossly unfair!!

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 25 BloodyHandsPic1
Quoting this to remind people - and ask again, why were all the names bar 'Sweepyface' blocked out 'for legal reasons'?
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by TellTheTruth 06.10.14 7:43

And what are they McCanns going to say about this?

SURELY they, or thier "Spokesperson" will HAVE to say something?
TellTheTruth

Activity : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting for justice 06.10.14 7:44

This may be a long shot but a few have asked how Brunt got her details. 

If she had her broadband through Sky would it be possible for them to work this out as they would therefore have all her details (through subscription) anyway.
waiting for justice

Activity : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by .Guest.. 06.10.14 7:45

• Here is an example of a comment in reply to a perfectly reasonable opinion from someone who asked the newspaper to remove the "troll" handle out of respect for the deceased.

·
Joe Langham. Sadly no one can ask her anything now. Does that make you happy? This is not about which side of a 7 year mystery you sit. It is about harassment of someone who was not charged with any crime. And do not be taken in by the irresponsible way her tweeted comment was put side by side with ones where the names were blanked out. Those are not attributed to her but made to look like they are her thoughts. Wrong on every level.
Reply · Like

· 2 · 9 hours ago

[*]Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 25 1016690_10151970834507729_1676626158_n

Joe Langham · Top Commenter · Nottingham, United Kingdom
 Unbelievably happy. One less vile flesh eating criminal in the world.
.Guest..

Activity : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.14 7:56

I just read the article on page 11 of The Times.

She was part of a Hate campaign.

She send malicious messages to the McCanns.

All stated as though facts.

There we have it.. judge and jury.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by palm tree 06.10.14 7:57

BlueBag wrote:OMG... 

"Maddie tauts".

Disgusting
If you can't speak freely, then your not free. sad1
IMO

Activity : 368

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.10.14 7:59

suzysu wrote:I have written to Ofcom as per Tony Bennett's link.

I have also emailed the editor of the Daily Mail (as I notice that all the comments - 'moderated' -  on the article relating to Brenda Leyland are pro-McCann) to say,

"Dear Sirs

I do not want my comments published which is why I am contacting you via email.

I am in no doubt that you have your own agenda for supporting the McCann parents in the light of clear evidence that they were in some way involved in Madeleine's death and in the removal of her body and also for supporting the subsequent cover-up and failure of all the authorities to properly investigate the situation.

I look forward to a time when you are free to either investigate on your own behalf or, failing that, report the truth once it is proven.

In the meantime, I would ask that you at least toe a neutral line rather than being part of the hounding of innocent people such as Brenda Leyland who have done nothing more than voice a well-justified opinion.

Yours..."

I wonder if there is anything to be gained by those of us interested in this matter contacting the editors of other media?

Your comments welcome. Standing up and being counted is not my hobby, but there is something very wrong with this case. I have emailed a question to my MP but not heard back yet, although a week has now passed and I would have expected a response by now so I shall be pursuing that enquiry too.
@ suzysu    Thank you very much for taking this valuable step of practical action against SKYNews - and for copying your letter to the Daily Mail.   

And a warm welcome to this great forum - the clear 'market leader' in internet discussions about Madeleine McCann.

Sticking with practical action that we can take - there is no better time than now to:

COMPLAIN TO OFCOM:https://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/specific-programme-epg  www.ofcom.org.uk and

SIGN THE PETITION ON THE PM's WEBSITE  CALLING FOR AN INDEPENDENT ENQUIRY INTO ALL THE MADELEINE MCCANN INVESTIGATIONS: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/69944

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.14 7:59

palm tree wrote:
BlueBag wrote:OMG... 

"Maddie tauts".

Disgusting
If you can't speak freely, then your not free. sad1
IMO

Is it possible to challenge the Mirror to produce evidence of any sick abuse and Maddie taunts sent to Kate and Gerry by Sweepyface?

They should not be allowed to get away with this.

What is this country becoming?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.10.14 8:18

Ladyinred wrote:Brenda Leyland's death is headline news this morning on Radio 4's "Today" programme. They are repeating the word troll throughout their report.  Such lazy journalism, and disrepectful - this lady was firstly a human being, someone's mother and friend.
Yes, headline news in both the 7.00am bulletin and again now at 8.00am.

At about 7.23am they had an interview with a psychologist who was described as an expert in social media and who was 'researching internet trolls'.

He opined that Brenda Leyland's middle-class background was 'unusual'. He added that people who put out Twitter messages attacking other people 'got emotional payback' (not exact words) from doing so.

The phrase 'internet troll' was used frequently. IMO we will have to accept that the words 'internet troll' have indeed largely been accepted as describing the conduct of those who attack others on Twitter, FB and the internet generally.

The BBC has twice in the last hour played a clip of Gerry McCann calling for trolls abusing his family to be charged and 'made examples of'.

In its daily review of today's papers, the BBC studiously avoided any mention of all the headlines about Brenda Leyland.

One final point: the BBC yet again repeated the lie that Brenda Leyland has 'sent abusive messages to the McCanns'.

On the subject of Martin Brunt being asked to explain his conduct and how he found Brenda Leyland's address:

Here's a post I wrote earlier:        

There will in due course by a Coroner's Inquest.

Brunt will doubtless be a witness and it is very possible that her family will pay to be represented at the Inquest. (The public might even wish to donate to the family so that they can be legally represented)

If so, Brunt is likely to face some very intense cross-examination.

Other relevant witnesses might be all those at SKYNews who planned, ordered and/or sanctioned this hounding by the most powerful news organisation in the world.

Coroner's Inquests are heard in public.

To which I would add that I have no doubt that Brunt and the entire SKYNews team will by now have met with top lawyers and will be discussing exactly how to defend their indefensible conduct the forthcoming Inquest. And possibly they will also be 'losing' evidence

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top