The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 26 Mm11

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 26 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 26 Mm11

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 26 Regist10

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 26 Empty Re: Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Post by Guest 06.10.14 8:22

winjoy wrote:I've just sent this email to Martin Brunt:

martin.brunt@bskyb.com

Dear Mr Brunt

You are no better than the 2 Australian DJs who drove a nurse to suicide. 

Brenda Leyland was only expressing the exact same sentiments that the fragrant Kate McCann wished upon Dr. Amaral - except her self-declared wishes for him were far worse than anything said by Brenda Leyland about the McCanns.

Why don't you pursue the story of what the incredible cadaver and blood dogs found in the McCann's holiday apartment?  So much for there being no evidence that Madeleine came to any harm. Nobody else died in that apartment prior to the McCanns stay there.

You are welcome to doorstep me too if you feel so inclined.  There's a lot I'd like to say to you. In the meantime I can only hope that your actions, and the tragic suicide of Brenda Leyland, will prove to be the catalyst which ends with the truth about the McCanns and their 'missing' daughter.

Regards
....................................................................................................................................................
Personally, I think the dogs of war have been unleashed now and the McCanns will soon be facing justice.
roses
kindest regards
parapono
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 26 Empty Re: Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Post by frost 06.10.14 8:23

I am half expecting Cameron to appear on the box today rubbing shoulders with DCI Redwood  appealing for calm in the light of recent events yet at the same time using this as an excuse to give a stark warning to anyone else who dare to have an opinion .

Oh and no doubt sending his best to the McCanns and reiterating no evidence against them line  , haven't they suffered enough etc    blah blah blah .

And there I was thinking I was living in a democracy
frost

Activity : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 06.10.14 8:43

It's a nice thought Tony but l doubt Brunty will be asked where he got Brenda's address from and face extensive questioning.

We can see how this is being played out, Brenda's still being labelled a troll, the media will get off scot free.

Sad day for justice.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 26 Empty National Radio Phone in re: 'Trolls' 9am BBC 5 Live.....

Post by trotter1 06.10.14 8:52

May be a good opportunity for the more eloquent to put forward an argument against calling people with difference of opinion 'haters/trolls' etc.

Just a heads up...

ATB
Mike
trotter1

Activity : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by soundworks 06.10.14 8:56

Brunty should come out in support of this woman and reveal all he knows about the McCanns

Its about time the MSM grew a pair and tell what they know

Im hoping the death of this poor woman only finally reveals the truth to all this disappearance of Madeleine and she will rest in peace knowing at least she helped
soundworks

Activity : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 06.10.14 8:59

MarcoG wrote:I'm shocked. Just found out about this whole story. The Daily Mail writes that this woman's death has not been treated as suspicious. How is this not suspicious? 
What year is it? 1984?

A death is technically suspicious if they think the person was killed by some unlawful means, ie. another person actually physically put an end to someones life or forced them to take drugs etc.

from wiki : "death is suspicious if it is unexpected and its circumstances or cause are medically or legally unexplained. Normally, this occurs in the context of medical care or suspected criminal activity.[1]''

Someone who has killed themselves or taken an overdose purely by there own hand and regardless of the reasons ie. there was definitely no-one else there at the time, the death is explainable and not suspicious, the explanation is that legally they were responsible for the act and medically the overdose ( or what ever) ended their life.

Of course people may see the circumstances leading up to the death as odd or suspicious in their minds but the actual legal definition of a suspicious death is different.   I doubt there will be an inquest for Brenda Leyland's death based on this criteria.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 06.10.14 9:03

Times reporting on this this morning ends with 'the Mc Canns have been cleared of involvement in their daughter's disappearance '.

So Frustrating to read this. So Wrong to state this - going out to 1000's of readers. Spreading an incorrect story.
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 06.10.14 9:05

I actually feel sick to my stomach at this latest development, not least because the Tweets of Brenda were incredibly mild compared to the filthy vitriol expressed by many in the "Pro-McCann" camp. This hypocritical and biased, sloppy and aggressive journalism by Martin Brunt is wholly unforgivable. Absolutely disgusting that a prominent journalist and crime reporter would have been party to such grossly inaccurate reporting on this. Just where is the evidence of the "sick" Tweets by this woman? Ill-judged maybe, but sick? By acting as he did he further emphasised the media bias and by not also confronting any of the vile pro trolls who have threatened to expose, beat up and generally hound those who question the abduction theory showed for the world to see how shitty and worthless the media has become. A lack of basic research and common sense has left Brenda Leylands blood all over Mr Brunt.

Mr Brunt, if you are reading this, I sincerely hope the Coroners Inquest highlights your gross exaggeration of Brendas Tweets, your appalling judgement and bias and the huge part YOU PERSONALLY played in her death. And then I hope after some serious reflection, you consider the impact of your actions on her sons.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.14 9:06

HelenMeg wrote:D Mail reporting on this this morning ends with 'the Mc Canns have been cleared of involvement in their daughter's disappearance '.

So Frustrating to read this. So Wrong to state this - going out to 1000's of readers. Spreading an incorrect story.
The immensity of what we are up against is staggering.

This has to be something big for such a coordinated effort from all these places, goverment, police and media.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 06.10.14 9:07

This is an absolute tragedy and travesty in almost equal measure. I really home that ultimately there will come some good out of this and that it puts TM and MSM under an incredibly powerful spotlight. However my head tells me that Operation Sandtex will be arranging for a TM friendly coroner to conduct the inquest as soon as is practically possible.

Feel so sorry for this lady & her family. Unlikely that many would condone her methods but after all her motives agreed with the majority, that pressure be brought to bear on TM and justice for Madeleine.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 06.10.14 9:07

Lance De Boils wrote:
BlueBag wrote:The Press Complaints Commisson need to address this complete dirty hatchet-job.

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 26 1412202951221_wps_23_TWEETS_latest_jpg

This was grossly unfair!!

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 26 BloodyHandsPic1
Quoting this to remind people - and ask again, why were all the names bar 'Sweepyface' blocked out 'for legal reasons'?

Is there any official body a complaint can be made about that image?  (ETA, I see Press Complaints commision mentioned, I've not woke up properly  big grin)

It blatantly singles one woman out and is misleading in having her name as the sole author of the tweets.

Is there a legal issue about the papers all saying there was a hate campaign BEFORE the police have made any decision about the evidence?
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 26 Empty Nicky Campbell's programme, Radio 5 Live

Post by Guest 06.10.14 9:14

NC's phone-in is about internet trolls.  I'm unable to ring the programme as I'm busy but if any member is able to?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 06.10.14 9:14

I just hope Brenda never got to read what this bitch carole Malone wrote about her.ALL LIES.

from her piece of shit writing.

This piece of work was sending up to 50 texts a day to the McCanns. But when Sky News cameras approached her she wasn’t quite so brave.

WHERE IS YOUR PROOF THAT BRENDA SENT TEXT
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 06.10.14 9:20

But WHY was it this lady singled out ?  

There are hundreds, if not thousands, on twitter who tweet about the McCanns.  What was it that made Brunt/Sky choose Brenda to chase down.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.10.14 9:21

HelenMeg wrote:Times reporting on this this morning ends with 'the Mc Canns have been cleared of involvement in their daughter's disappearance '.

@ HelenMeg and all other members

This, and many other aspects of what has happened to Brenda Leyland, are matters for legitimate complaint to the new press body, the one so hated by Gerry McCann as 'the tool of the media barons'.

Please don't confine your protest to a few posts on here, where they will be read perhaps by a few hundred people at most.

Take direct action and make a formal complaint about any articles in the press to the new compaints body, IPSO:

The Press Complaints Commission closed on 8 September 2014 and has been replaced by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). You can find full details of the new organisation, and how to complain, at www.ipso.co.uk

Please note that, though the Press Complaints Commission is no longer active, this site will continue to be maintained for a period in order to provide a record of the organisation's work

Complaints about TV bulletins and coverage >>> OFCOM www.ofcom.org.uk

Complaints about newspaper/press articles >>> IPSO  www.ipso.co.uk

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 06.10.14 9:22

tiny wrote:I just hope Brenda never got to read what this bitch carole Malone wrote about her.ALL LIES.

from her piece of shit writing.

This piece of work was sending up to 50 texts a day to the McCanns. But when Sky News cameras approached her she wasn’t quite so brave.

WHERE IS YOUR PROOF THAT BRENDA SENT TEXT

That article is astonishing. Either Carole Malone is a complete cretin of the highest order and doesn't know the difference between tweeting and texting or.... she is a complete cretin of the highest order and purposefully included the word 'text'!

As the McCann's themselves did not compile the evidence it seems highly unlikely that someone was sending them texts personally to their private phone numbers day after day !
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.14 9:23

Smokeandmirrors wrote:I actually feel sick to my stomach at this latest development, not least because the Tweets of Brenda were incredibly mild compared to the filthy vitriol expressed by many in the "Pro-McCann" camp. This hypocritical and biased, sloppy and aggressive journalism by Martin Brunt is wholly unforgivable. Absolutely disgusting that a prominent journalist and crime reporter would have been party to such grossly inaccurate reporting on this. Just where is the evidence of the "sick" Tweets by this woman? Ill-judged maybe, but sick? By acting as he did he further emphasised the media bias and by not also confronting any of the vile pro trolls who have threatened to expose, beat up and generally hound those who question the abduction theory showed for the world to see how shitty and worthless the media has become. A lack of basic research and common sense has left Brenda Leylands blood all over Mr Brunt.

Mr Brunt, if you are reading this, I sincerely hope the Coroners Inquest highlights your gross exaggeration of Brendas Tweets, your appalling judgement and bias and the huge part YOU PERSONALLY played in her death. And then I hope after some serious reflection, you consider the impact of your actions on her sons.
clapping1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 06.10.14 9:27

admin wrote:
Smokeandmirrors wrote:I actually feel sick to my stomach at this latest development, not least because the Tweets of Brenda were incredibly mild compared to the filthy vitriol expressed by many in the "Pro-McCann" camp. This hypocritical and biased, sloppy and aggressive journalism by Martin Brunt is wholly unforgivable. Absolutely disgusting that a prominent journalist and crime reporter would have been party to such grossly inaccurate reporting on this. Just where is the evidence of the "sick" Tweets by this woman? Ill-judged maybe, but sick? By acting as he did he further emphasised the media bias and by not also confronting any of the vile pro trolls who have threatened to expose, beat up and generally hound those who question the abduction theory showed for the world to see how shitty and worthless the media has become. A lack of basic research and common sense has left Brenda Leylands blood all over Mr Brunt.

clapping1
Fantastic post, sums up almost exactly my feelings when I heard the news this morning.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 06.10.14 9:27

Tony Bennett wrote:

Please don't confine your protest to a few posts on here, where they will be read perhaps by a few hundred people at most.

Take direct action and make a formal complaint about any articles in the press to the new compaints body, IPSO:

The Press Complaints Commission closed on 8 September 2014 and has been replaced by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). You can find full details of the new organisation, and how to complain, at www.ipso.co.uk

Please note that, though the Press Complaints Commission is no longer active, this site will continue to be maintained for a period in order to provide a record of the organisation's work

Complaints about newspaper/press articles >>> IPSO  www.ipso.co.uk

Thanks for the links Tony, I will definitely be complaining about Carole Malone and the Daily Mail.
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldrick 06.10.14 9:28

HelenMeg wrote:Times reporting on this this morning ends with 'the Mc Canns have been cleared of involvement in their daughter's disappearance '.

This makes me so Angry CLEARED By who THEMSELVES aaagh
Baldrick

Activity : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.10.14 9:29

parapono wrote:
winjoy wrote:I've just sent this email to Martin Brunt:

martin.brunt@bskyb.com

Dear Mr Brunt

You are no better than the 2 Australian DJs who drove a nurse to suicide. 

Brenda Leyland was only expressing the exact same sentiments that the fragrant Kate McCann wished upon Dr. Amaral - except her self-declared wishes for him were far worse than anything said by Brenda Leyland about the McCanns.

Why don't you pursue the story of what the incredible cadaver and blood dogs found in the McCann's holiday apartment?  So much for there being no evidence that Madeleine came to any harm. Nobody else died in that apartment prior to the McCanns stay there.

You are welcome to doorstep me too if you feel so inclined.  There's a lot I'd like to say to you. In the meantime I can only hope that your actions, and the tragic suicide of Brenda Leyland, will prove to be the catalyst which ends with the truth about the McCanns and their 'missing' daughter.

Regards
....................................................................................................................................................
Personally, I think the dogs of war have been unleashed now and the McCanns will soon be facing justice.kindest regards
parapono
Fine, but much much better would be to put all these thinhs in a written complaint OFCOM, where it can't be safely ignored:

REMINDER

Complaints about newspaper/press articles >>> IPSO www.ipso.co.uk

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff 06.10.14 9:31

Rogue-a-Tory wrote:
admin wrote:

clapping1
Fantastic post, sums up almost exactly my feelings when I heard the news this morning.
Same here. I feel utterly sick. I only heard about Brenda when I logged on to this site this morning. I am shocked, and sickened. Once again the media have blood on their hands. I wonder how the McCanns are feeling about this? Will they offer a comment which includes the word "deserve".
Dont Make Me Laff
Dont Make Me Laff

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 06.10.14 9:38

There are many sympathetic comments on the DM today, many of them saying why did the media hound this woman and where is the proof that she posted anything vile? Many posts blaming sky news.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2781377/BREAKING-NEWS-Internet-troll-targeted-McCanns-dead-hotel-room-days-fleeing-home.html#comments
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 06.10.14 9:41

Dont Make Me Laff wrote: I wonder how the McCanns are feeling about this? Will they offer a comment which includes the word "deserve".
From personal experience, pathological liars don't own a shred of compassion.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Back to top Go down

Post by frost 06.10.14 9:44

http://citiblogmk.co.uk/2014/10/06/opinion-martin-brunt-must-take-the-blame-for-brenda-leylands-death/

OPINION: BRUNT’S REPORTING OF BRENDA LEYLAND’S ‘TROLLING’ WAS DISGUSTING

October 6, 2014 · by Liam Andrews · in Opinion. ·

Rate This

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll" - Page 26 Screen-shot-2014-10-06-at-00-49-35
A screengrab from the report as Brunt followed Mrs Leyland down the road
Sky News and crime reporter Martin Brunt should take the full blame and hang their heads in shame following the suicide of Brenda Leyland yesterday (05/10).
Brunt ‘outed’ Mrs Leyland as a Twitter troll and accused her of sending abusive messages to Madeleine McCann’s parents. But the attack on her didn’t stop at an online story or TV report, Brunt then doorstepped her and publicly vilified her in front of millions of viewers. And then on Sunday, the 63-year-old was found dead in a hotel room after fleeing her home.
One of the worst tweets on Mrs Leyland’s supposed Twitter account ‘@sweepyface’ was – #mccann Q “How long must the Mccanns suffer” answer “for the rest of their miserable lives” – and if that is why she was humiliated I am baffled. Now of course it isn’t very nice hoping that parents suffer after losing a child, but firstly people have opinions and should be allowed to express them and secondly this tweet is nowhere near some of the worst sent on Twitter even in the past day. She didn’t threaten the McCanns, she merely stated her opinion on them. And to be the target of a vile campaign by Brunt just for a few tweets is absolutely disgusting.
The tweet was not even sent directly to the McCann’s Twitter account, it was done via a hashtag so there was no reason the parents would even see it, especially considering they have been quoted as saying they don’t read abuse because it upsets them too much. And let’s not forget these parents left a 3-year-old girl with her YOUNGER twin siblings alone in a hotel room in a foreign country while they went out for dinner. It’s not exactly good parenting, is it? Mrs Leyland wasn’t the only person in the world feeling more sorry for the poor girl who is missing, rather than the parents who many believe are partially to blame for her disappearance. And would Brunt’s report on these ‘Twitter trolls’ really have made the McCann’s feel any better? I can’t help but think not.
Just to clarify, what Mrs Leyland said may or may not have been wrong and unfair on the McCann’s, but for Sky News to publicly humiliate her and turn up on her doorstep which is a level of harassment is totally wrong. At the very worst it is fine to report the story, but even then it doesn’t seem right, if Brunt was that concerned about the McCann’s feelings he should have let the police deal with it rather than try and make himself a hero on national television. If the police decided she had committed a crime, then Brunt and Sky News can report on the issue, but it’s unfair to attack a woman who is innocent until proven guilty.
Being a journalist is all about telling the news that needs to be reported, the news that people need to hear, it’s not about getting your moment in the spotlight or vilifying people. If you think somebody is a troll don’t give them more attention. All Sky News and Martin Brunt have done is caused a woman’s life too end because of a few silly tweets. And ironically that is a massive story in itself, but you can’t see that article anywhere on the Sky News website (at the time of writing).
Tony Evans, the sports editor of national newspaper The Times has spoken 100 per cent sense on the issue here:

( there are tweets by tony evans below the article but for some reason they would not copy and paste )
frost

Activity : 222

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top