The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 11 Mm11

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 11 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 11 Mm11

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 11 Regist10

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 11 Empty Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by sallypelt 08.07.14 14:00

Miraflores wrote:Shame the BBC isn't allowing comments on the statement that Sean is supposed to have made. I would be very very easy to point out that the McCann's had Amaral's book banned in September 2009, before Sean could have heard anything either on a radio or in the playground.

But carry on MSM - you have been sycophantic to the McCanns so why change now.

Maybe the Daily Mail will allow them
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 11 Empty Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Guest 08.07.14 14:01

Gerry McCann wrote:Whoever took Madeleine is still out there and whoever the person is they must have been laughing these past six years.

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 11 Kategerry

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 11 Mccannsdaybreak010513g

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 11 Kate-McCann-and-Gerry-McCann-2987364
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by joel27 08.07.14 14:03

Angelique wrote:
joel27 wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
ChippyM wrote:
joel27 wrote:
sallypelt wrote:David Wuffler ‏@Heavy_Dave  · 1m  
In Lisbon, Gerry #mccann answers a question that hadn't been asked : "I just want to say that the dog did not smell blood."

Why is the first thought, what brought out the need to raise it, is there something new that suggests or adds to the previous findings.

Edit Why just mention blood ?

Yes I would like to see the video of this, did Gerry just blurt it out at the end?

Gerry McCann is trying to discredit the very thing that stands in his way........the dogs. But this is one thing that cannot be explained away, so when he was on the public platform, today, he took the decision to bring the dogs up, when no one had asked him about them, but, thankfully, the judge told him to SHUT UP, or words to the effect.
I get the discredit bit and the judge shutting him up, but, something is bothering him, something that means he has to get out the discredit of the dog evidence. I cannot believe he was not word perfect practiced for today in court but its the bits when your finished that catches you out.  Somewhere into his mind there was a need to discredit the dogs and the evidence of blood. Its I am not sure "trigger in his head" its not about impact of the book the conclusion of the findings. Blood in the apartment nose bleed anything could explain it the dog finding it but that trigger says it has to be explained.  Ok its small thing but just my first thought.

Yes - I agree - something is bothering him about the dogs and blood. He knows OG has had dogs in PdL but I wonder if they have searched somewhere which is sensitive.
OG is that means that Redwood has some faith or someone in OG has faith in their use, so you might be right there is something they found explains the cryptic tweet from WilliamThomas possibly......
joel27

Activity : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.07.14 14:04

Babalou ‏@B_balou  · 2 mins  
@LHLNews OMG - they look terrified on some of those! http://www.tvi24.iol.pt/fotos/sociedade/1/354049 … I almost feel sorry for them.
#McCann pic.twitter.com/q8QNjdbtvp

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 11 BsBg6VfCAAAH-L3
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 08.07.14 14:05

joel27 wrote:
Angelique wrote:
joel27 wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
ChippyM wrote:
joel27 wrote:
sallypelt wrote:David Wuffler ‏@Heavy_Dave  · 1m  
In Lisbon, Gerry #mccann answers a question that hadn't been asked : "I just want to say that the dog did not smell blood."

Why is the first thought, what brought out the need to raise it, is there something new that suggests or adds to the previous findings.

Edit Why just mention blood ?

Yes I would like to see the video of this, did Gerry just blurt it out at the end?

Gerry McCann is trying to discredit the very thing that stands in his way........the dogs. But this is one thing that cannot be explained away, so when he was on the public platform, today, he took the decision to bring the dogs up, when no one had asked him about them, but, thankfully, the judge told him to SHUT UP, or words to the effect.
I get the discredit bit and the judge shutting him up, but, something is bothering him, something that means he has to get out the discredit of the dog evidence. I cannot believe he was not word perfect practiced for today in court but its the bits when your finished that catches you out.  Somewhere into his mind there was a need to discredit the dogs and the evidence of blood. Its I am not sure "trigger in his head" its not about impact of the book the conclusion of the findings. Blood in the apartment nose bleed anything could explain it the dog finding it but that trigger says it has to be explained.  Ok its small thing but just my first thought.

Yes - I agree - something is bothering him about the dogs and blood. He knows OG has had dogs in PdL but I wonder if they have searched somewhere which is sensitive.
OG is that means that Redwood has some faith or someone in OG has faith in their use, so you might be right there is something they found explains the cryptic tweet from WilliamThoms possibly......

It will be interesting to know what it was that SY "sent away" when they did their search in Portugal, last month.
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 08.07.14 14:06

jeanmonroe wrote:GM said (verbatim) "whoever took Madeleine is still out there, whoever that person is, or, or persons, they must have been laughing during these last 6 years at what's been told in the book, that there was no abduction that, that, y'know there's no predator out there, there is and he may str, he or SHE or THEY might strike again"

SHE? SHE? WHO the fcuk is SHE?

Guess that BLOWS 'Tanner MAN' right off their website then!

Unless, of course, Tannerman could have been a 'drag' artist!

But i reckon 'eagle eyed' Jane would have seen through that 'disguise', in an instant, even FROM the 50 (FIFTY) METRES as BOTH the McCanns in sworn, written, SIGNED, statements have said THAT was the 'distance' JT 'SAW' the 'abductor/predator' carrying Madeleine off, FROM!

Can't wait for their 'new' FEMALE 'suspect' to take her place, on their website!

Probably KM, (K Middlleton).............they wish!

Would add a nice touch of 'class' though, wouldn't it?

"Our Maddie WAS 'abducted' by royalty, we'd expect nothing less really, to be honest, as she was the most 'beautiful child that was ever born, Ask Jon'

Strangely though, NO 'predator' had 'abducted' any child in PDL in the 7 YEARS 'before' they went there, and NO 'predator' has 'abducted' any child in PDL 'since' they left there!

That's NOT a good 'strike' rate is it?
Oh dear! This looks like a precedent to a whole new round of investigations, Crime Stoppers, jollies for the Met. Hell no! Not all that again!
Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by Indricotherium 08.07.14 14:06

Whether they have something to hide or not, I think they have really missed a PR opportunity- it would look a lot better if they were insisting all this money was to be given to children's charities rather than themselves.
Indricotherium

Activity : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 08.07.14 14:07

sallypelt wrote:Love Don't Live Here ‏@PoveySarah  · 13 hrs  
GM was ordained to the highest 33° Sovereign Inspector rank, at 1330 on Friday 13 July 2007, at Freemasons Hall, London .#mccann
Well, maybe, maybe not.

But Gerry McCann was just a few minutes' walk away from Freemasons Hall on that Friday the thirteenth - as his blog for that day [mis-spelling of his daughter's name as per original - T.B.] confirms [acknowledgement: Pamalam]:

Spent a large part of the day at the Child Exploitation and Online Protecetion (CEOP) headquarters in London. The work they are doing in the prevention and detection of child exploitation is fantastic and I have no doubt they are world leaders in many aspects of their work.

The statistics of child abduction in the UK, both attempted and sucessful cases, are stagggering with over 1000 reported cases in 2003/4 and the figures show a year on year increase. The scale of the problem is much larger than Kate and I ever imagined and worryingly there does not appear to be reliable statistics for many countries in Europe. Clearly a lot of work has to be done to tackle this growing problem.

Kate and I believe that someone, somewhere knows something about Madleines abduction.

The events of recent weeks and the high profile of Madeleine reassure us that when the key piece of information comes in, to any law enforcement agnecy, it will be treated seriously and fed into the inquiry quiickly and actioned.

UNQUOTE

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth 08.07.14 14:11

candyfloss wrote:Babalou ‏@B_balou  · 2 mins  
@LHLNews OMG - they look terrified on some of those! http://www.tvi24.iol.pt/fotos/sociedade/1/354049 … I almost feel sorry for them.
#McCann pic.twitter.com/q8QNjdbtvp

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 11 BsBg6VfCAAAH-L3
Yikes !!!! Look at her face.

devi1  devi1
Seek truth

Activity : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.07.14 14:11

That tweet has nothing to do with this thread  ontopic
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 08.07.14 14:12

Indricotherium wrote:Whether they have something to hide or not, I think they have really missed a PR opportunity- it would look a lot better if they were insisting all this money was to be given to children's charities rather than themselves.

Quite. 

Nor do I feel sorry for them. If they had never changed their stories, but instead admitted that they had been fools, their daughter had paid I high price and asked people to learn from their mistakes, then I might. But even last Autumn Kate was declaring that it wasn't their fault.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 08.07.14 14:16

Irish newspaper just reported this:

Kate McCann tells libel trial of moment son asked about police chief's claims she hid Madeleine

Jul 08, 2014 12:02 By Paul Byrne

Kate and Gerry are suing Goncalo Amaral, the ex cop who wrote a book about the disappearance of their daughter, writes Paul Byrne in Lisbon

Kate McCann told a Portuguese court today how one of her twin children had asked her about claims she had hidden Madeleine.

Kate and Gerry are suing Goncalo Amaral, the ex cop who wrote a book about the disappearance of their daughter.

He claimed Madeleine had died in their holiday apartment and Kate and Gerry had covered up her death.

At the libel trial in Lisbon today, Kate spent 55 emotional minutes detailing the distress the book and follow-up TV documentary had caused them.

And she revealed the details of his outrageous claims had even reached their nine-year-old young children.

She said: “Sean asked me in October last year: 'Mr Amaral said you hid Madeleine, didn’t he?’

“I just said ‘he did, and he has said a lot of silly things.”

She said her son had heard abut the contents of the book on a radio news bulletin as he travelled on his school bus.

Kate, wearing a black and pink floral dress, also told of the devastating effects the book had had on their family.

She said: “I believe after the book things got worse and were compounded because we were in a more desperate situation and felt defeated.”

As she finished her evidence Kate, 46, said: “I do believe in freedom of speech, but I don’t believe freedom of speech means the freedom to slander.”

Madeleine, who was nearly four, disappeared from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in the Algarve on May 3 2007.

Her parents say Amaral’s false allegations damaged the hunt for their daughter and increased their anguish.

But the former cop, 56, insists everything written in the book was already contained in the public police and court case files.

The hearing continues.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 08.07.14 14:23

Odious woman using her son to squeeze sympathy and cash.  How will Sean feel seeing his name and his words on the tabloid front pages, and will he take the blame when the McCanns lose?
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 08.07.14 14:27

"As she finished her evidence Kate, 46, said: “I do believe in freedom of speech, but I don’t believe freedom of speech means the freedom to slander.”

But he hasn't slandered anyone - he has never said anything that could be construed as slander. His Book only repeated that which is in the PJ Files. 

Where is the evidence GA has slandered the McCanns ?

How come now this is about slander?

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by VeraWannabe 08.07.14 14:28

Look at those laughter lines....! What could have been THAT funny?

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 11 Mccannsdaybreak010513g
VeraWannabe

Activity : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 08.07.14 14:29

Angelique wrote:"As she finished her evidence Kate, 46, said: “I do believe in freedom of speech, but I don’t believe freedom of speech means the freedom to slander.”

But he hasn't slandered anyone - he has never said anything that could be construed as slander. His Book only repeated that which is in the PJ Files. 

Angelique, let her keep talking music  The more she talks, the deeper the hole she digs.
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.07.14 14:30

Cristobell wrote:Odious woman using her son to squeeze sympathy and cash.  How will Sean feel seeing his name and his words on the tabloid front pages, and will he take the blame when the McCanns lose?

Well I certainly don't think he or any of the pupils at his school will be missing the story this time round, Kate has made quite sure of that. It all seems so tacky. They're happy to talk when they think they can get some money out of Goncalo Amaral but refuse to answer a few simple questions about their missing child when the police are searching for her. As a Brit I feel quite embarrassed by it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 08.07.14 14:30

Ooops!

Kate Burley has just said 'Gerry McCann was in Portugal talking about whoever 'abducted' or 'MURDERED' his daughter Madeleine!

Really Kate?

Really, i didn't hear him say 'murdered' but, if he did..............................then you've just got yourself a WORLD EXLUSIVE!

You must have better 'lugs' than me, and i'm wearing a neck brace, in case you want to come 'round' and THROTTLE me!!

WAS going to 'correct' my post for mis spelling (Kay instead of Kate) but won't bother as KAY Burley is an 'honourable' McCann anyway!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 08.07.14 14:32

Cristobell wrote:Odious woman using her son to squeeze sympathy and cash.  How will Sean feel seeing his name and his words on the tabloid front pages, and will he take the blame when the McCanns lose?

Any 'normal' parent would not thrust their child into the news like this, no matter what they had said. If this whole 'libel' case is hinged on what Sean 'said' last October (not when they inititated proceedings in 2009?) then they are in big trouble. Once again, it's the children I feel sorry for. Poor Sean, I wonder if he gets teased because he cried the night before Madeleine went missing when the 'abductor' did a 'practise run'.

I have a near nine year old son and it's quite a self conscious age to be at. The only people damaging the twins are their own parents  sad 

Absolutely despicable.
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Latetothecase 08.07.14 14:32

Exactly Cristobell, and what if his little friends tell their families, who subsequently tell everyone else, 'we can't even hear the driver's radio on the school bus 'coz it's noisy'.

Because you ain't telling me small children are played news radio on a PA on their school bus of a morning and they sit there politely listening to it.

The twins are now being dragged into the stories even before hitting double figures it seems?
Latetothecase

Activity : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 08.07.14 14:33

jeanmonroe wrote:Ooops!

Kate Burley has just said 'Gerry McCann was in Portugal talking about whoever 'abducted' or 'MURDERED' his daughter Madeleine!

Really Kate?

Really, i didn't hear him say 'murdered' but, if he did..............................then you've just got yourself a WORLD EXLUSIVE!

You must have better 'lugs' than me, and i'm wearing a neck brace, in case you want to come 'round' and THROTTLE me!!

Well done KB. She's managed to slip in 'murdered' and 'killed'. She's a sneaky one  winkwink 
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.07.14 14:34

VeraWannabe wrote:Look at those laughter lines....! What could have been THAT funny?

A man goes to the doctors and says "Doctor, when I woke up this morning I was clutching a pen, and I'd scribbled long columns of numbers all over my pyjamas".

The doctor replies "Looks like you've really Excel'ed yourself this time".

No, whatever it was, it wasn't that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 08.07.14 14:35

Angelique wrote:"As she finished her evidence Kate, 46, said: “I do believe in freedom of speech, but I don’t believe freedom of speech means the freedom to slander.”

She obivously dosen't know her arse er,libel, from her elbow slander!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.07.14 14:35

Kate McCann: My son asked me about Madeleine claim
Gerry McCann speaks of fear kidnapper may strike again
Last updated Tue 8 Jul 2014

•     

Gerry McCann has told reporters that he believes the person who abducted their four-year-old daughter Madeleine in Portugal in 2007 could kidnap another child.
LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 11 Article_img Gerry McCann spoke to reporters after appearing in court in Lisbon in the libel case they brought against an ex-Portuguese police chief. Credit: PA
He was speaking after a court appearance in Lisbon, where he and wife Kate are pursuing a libel case against Portuguese former police chief Goncalo Amaral over allegations he made in a book about their role in the disappearance of their daughter.
Gerry McCann said that their daughter's kidnapper must have been "laughing" at Amaral's claims that there was no abduction and they hid the girl's body.
Read: Kate McCann: My son asked me about Madeleine claim
"He or she or they may strike again," he said. "There's an unsolved serious crime and there's a series of other crimes against children which have come to light who have been on holiday so at the very least these people need to be brought to justice.
"We don't know if Madeleine is alive or dead but there is no evidence that she is dead and she is a missing child and she is completely innocent."

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-07-08/mccanns-speak-of-fear-kidnapper-may-strike-again/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 08.07.14 14:35

Tangled Web wrote:

Any 'normal' parent would not thrust their child into the news like this, no matter what they had said. If this whole 'libel' case is hinged on what Sean 'said' last October (not when they inititated proceedings in 2009?) then they are in big trouble. Once again, it's the children I feel sorry for. Poor Sean, I wonder if he gets teased because he cried the night before Madeleine went missing when the 'abductor' did a 'practise run'.

I have a near nine year old son and it's quite a self conscious age to be at. The only people damaging the twins are their own parents  sad 

Absolutely despicable.

I am surprised that the British newspapers are mentioning Sean by name. Aren't young people, under a certain age, not mentioned "due to legal reasons, and protect the identity of the child? These children have to go to school, and the school yard can be so cruel.
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top